Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:05 pm

With Cousins still being a mental midget in Sac, but young and talented, anyone think he could co-exist with Dwight? Not with MDA's offense, likely. But just curious what others think.

Gasol for Cousins and Salmons? Just interested in hearing everyone's thoughts. Seems like he needs a coach like Phil or Pop. Or maybe he will never be able to be coached. Thoughts?
tigerjeterkobe

Wizards Waive Shaun Livingston

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Wizards Waive Shaun Livingston

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has waived guard Shaun Livingston and center/forward Earl Barron.

Livingston, who was originally signed as a free agent on November 15, averaged 3.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists in 17 games (four starts). Barron, who was originally signed as a free agent on September 19, averaged 2.5 points and 3.9 rebounds in 11 games (one start).

The Wizards roster now stands at 13.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/news/wizards ... and-barron

Do it, Mitch!
Kobe8Fan

Postby revgen on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 am

tigerjeterkobe wrote:With Cousins still being a mental midget in Sac, but young and talented, anyone think he could co-exist with Dwight? Not with MDA's offense, likely. But just curious what others think.

Gasol for Cousins and Salmons? Just interested in hearing everyone's thoughts. Seems like he needs a coach like Phil or Pop. Or maybe he will never be able to be coached. Thoughts?

The only way I'd even remotely consider Cousins is if we had Phil here.

I don't see D'Antoni as the kind of coach who could handle a knucklehead like Cousins.Outside of Kobe, nobody on the Lakers roster is a type A personality. Pau, Nash, and D12 are "nice guys".

I hate to say it, but the best coach and team for Cousins would probably be Boston. The combination of a type A personality coach (Rivers) and a type A personality leader (Garnett) is probably what Cousins will need to keep him in line on the court and in the locker room. He would give a much needed boost to their frontline.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:21 am

Bring Fish in as a staff member mainly to have someone who could keep Kobe in ckeck and persuade him he needs to play team ball
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:22 am

revgen wrote:
Fish is not suited to play in a D'Antoni system. Neither is Morris either, but at least Morris can play defense.

Morris is perfectly suited to run D'Antoni's 7 second system, just not his half court system. He's not a great pick and roll guy.

But his athleticism and his open court vision is actually pretty nice and is good for a running team. If he could slow down a little and continue working on his shot he could be a decent backup PG one day.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:56 am

The 1 thing this team needs more than anything is a young fairly athletic SF that can shoot the 3. We could use an upgrade at backup PG but I think Blake will shine under D'antoni when he comes back, & Morris/Duhon have done well enough that it's not a huge hole.. Ebanks is just a scrub & it's really killing our potential depth. However if someone like Nate Robinson comes available, he'd be a great addition.
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:49 am

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Lakers aren't interested in opening a roster spot to acquire Derek Fisher, Kenyon Martin or any other free agent, a source told Y! Sports.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I just have this weird feeling Raja Bell is going to be a Laker before the deadline. He is the only person that we've been connected since the start of the season.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 am

We still need another SF. Another guy who caught my interest yesterday was Jeff Green. He's under contract right now; however, I really like his game. He struggled in November but has picked it up this month.

Adequate defensively, shoots the three, has a post up game, etc. It'd be nice having somebody like him backing up Metta at this point rather than Ebanks...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:16 am

^ You're not the only one who thinks Jeff Green would be a good ft for this team. One of the fill in guys on First Take this morning (the one from SI) said he thought a Green and Bradley for Pau deal would be a move he thinks would benefit both teams.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby trodgers on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:23 am

Hey, what's Darius Miles up to? Allan Houston?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:25 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Lakers aren't interested in opening a roster spot to acquire Derek Fisher, Kenyon Martin or any other free agent, a source told Y! Sports.

I just have this weird feeling Raja Bell is going to be a Laker before the deadline. He is the only person that we've been connected since the start of the season.

Ugggh..... I was up for ex hated opponent Matt Barnes being a Laker, and wish he still was.... :bang: But Raja..... :hurl: Hope you are wrong.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:26 am

Raja just would be a totally useless pickup. We don't need/have room for Derek. I wouldn't mind Kenyon but we don't even use Jamison and I like him more for our team anyway.

If they're not interested in the free agents, that doesn't mean they aren't interested in potential trades. I don't like the Green/Bradley idea. Bradley is a nice kid, but he's pretty damn injury prone and Green is on contract for too long while not giving enough production. I'd prefer Gasol to Green.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby sina on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:28 am

Roster set:

Howard, Hill, Sacre
Gasol, MWP, Jamison, Clark
Kobe, MWP, Ebanks
Morris, Kobe, Meeks, Johnson-Odom
Nash, Duhon, Blake

What we need? And can we get it by only trading our 3 string players?
sina

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:29 am

JSM wrote:^ You're not the only one who thinks Jeff Green would be a good ft for this team. One of the fill in guys on First Take this morning (the one from SI) said he thought a Green and Bradley for Pau deal would be a move he thinks would benefit both teams.

That's an interesting idea. Green would be an ideal backup to Metta. He gives you added athletiscism, youth, and another solid defender as I already noted. He can slide right in. Bradlley is intriguing. I forgot what he shot from three last year, but his defense on opposing SG's is solid. Your defense in the backcourt gets better right away.

IDK, if I would do it, because Pau does bring a lot to the table, but it's an interesting thought. Green is under contract through 2015/16.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Helljumper on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:25 am

Pau to Boston for Green, Bradley, and Lee
or
Pau to Minnesota for Kirilenko, Williams, and Barea

Both immediately make us quicker, more athletic, better defensively. Gives us better floor spacing and depth. Frees up more playing time for Jamison and Hill. Still allows MWP to get time at the 4.

Nash / Bradley
Bryant / Meeks
Green / Lee
World Peace / Jamison
Howard / Hill

Nash / Barea
Bryant / Meeks
World Peace / Kirilenko
Williams / Jamison
Howard / Hill
Helljumper

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Guess this is the reason why we didn't go after Pietrus. That sucks considering we definitely have some dead weight or pieces that could have been dropped to make room for a great role player like him.

I also get the feeling that they may be shooting for Bell because of D' Antoni's familiarity with him. I can't say that I am a fan. I pretty much can't stand that guy, but oh well.

I think our one big hole is backup 3. Ebanks isn't making the cut. So at the deadline I could see us moving some of the guys on the outside of the bubble for a backup wing who can shoot and maybe play some D. We've got Clark, Morris (who I think will be retained), DJO, and Blake that could be put in there.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Yea its weird that Utah hasn't let go of Bell. They know hes heading here I think

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Grant has checked on the availability of LaMarcus Aldridge and Marc Gasol. He has explored taking Pau Gasol off the Lakers’ hands. And after Kevin Love blasted the Minnesota Timberwolves organization in a recent Yahoo Sports story, Grant checked in to see if they had any interest in moving Love in a package built around Varejao. The answer was no.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/jason-lloyd-cavs-sticking-to-rebuilding-plan-but-looming-lebron-decision-could-alter-path-of-franchise-1.359912

Although I'd like to keep Pau and see if he can redeem himself I'd still be open to trading him if they got good value in return. I think Pau for Varejao / Miles is something to consider.

Varejao has developed a pretty nice mid range game and when his jumper isn't fallling he can drive and dish or finish in the paint (at least if he's left wide open on the perimeter like Pau does a lot). He's a pretty underrated passer. I think one of his only downsides is that he gets injured a lot but he's like the second best player on his team. He wouldn't have to go 150% for 40 minutes every night like he does with the Cavs.

CJ Miles >>>>> Darius Morris 'nuff said
Greatest of All Time

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Unless Varejao is hurt why the heck would CLE would want Pau. That guy is just looking for hits

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Varejao actually is hurt right now lol. Cleveland is overvaluing Varejao because he's having a breakout season but his injury risk brings his value down. They're expecting something like the Toronto pick / Lamb / fillers from OKC for Varejao but he's 30 years old and has played a total of 56 games the last 2 seasons.

Why would they want Pau? I dunno but Pau's not as worthless as everyone is making him out to be. I think the fans are growing restless with all the tanking and they want to put it out there that they're trying but stuff just didn't work out.
Greatest of All Time

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:42 pm

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:54 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:this is what cleveland should do

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cw4kl46

Even I can say that's asking for way too much. Pau may not be complete garbage like a lot of people seem to believe, but he's not worth a young star either. Getting a little too greedy there imo. Just take Varejao and Miles and it's good.
Greatest of All Time

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:

Even I can say that's asking for way too much. Pau may not be complete garbage like a lot of people seem to believe, but he's not worth a young star either. Getting a little too greedy there imo. Just take Varejao and Miles and it's good.

GoldHammish

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:09 pm

OK so we just knock it down to Varajao and Irving to not be greedy..... :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:22 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
Greatest of All Time wrote:

So...let me ask, did you take my comment at face value?

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" -- a CL mod
Greatest of All Time

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion