Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:I don't want Smith, glad he will likely get traded elsewhere before Thursday's Trade Deadline.

I'd rather get an AK47/Cunningham package and ship Pek off to a 3rd team for 1 or 2 solid players. I was just rolling with what everyone was talking about and putting it in trade form.

Just spit ballin' here but maybe Pek to Charlotte for Sessions/Henderson.....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Josh Smith IS AVAILABLE. Come on Mitch do your magic. With an injured Pau I dont know how we're gonna convince teams to take him but we'll see

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/303688819402756098
Hawks have convinced numerous teams that Josh Smith will be moved between now and Thursday 3 PM deadline. Question remains where exactly

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:18 pm

I don't know if the Hawks would want an injured Pau, but it could help them tank the season and get a good draft pick. Also, maybe they can flip him next year as an expiring contract for some rebuilding pieces.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 pm

How about something like this and Minnesota gives up its 1st round pick (lottery pick to ATL). Have to give up something to get something so Im willing to part with J-Hill. Roy is probably gonna retire so his $ comes off the book next year. Even if he stays the worst case scenario is hes an expiring contract

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm

JJ Hickson is another intriguing name. True PF/Double Double machine/can hit the outside shot

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/303693270368780288

Portland still willing to move J.J. Hickson, but hasn't found an appealing offer yet, sources tell Y!

I wonder if Portland would do a Pau for Mathews/Hickson deal?? Mathews is owed $6.9 and $7.2 mil after this year

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 pm

The Rock wrote:How about something like this and Minnesota gives up its 1st round pick (lottery pick to ATL). Have to give up something to get something so Im willing to part with J-Hill. Roy is probably gonna retire so his $ comes off the book next year. Even if he stays the worst case scenario is hes an expiring contract

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease God let this happen

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/303695005237800960
Minnesota has been aggressive in offering multiple first-round picks for established talent, league sources tell Y!

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 pm

The Rock wrote:JJ Hickson is another intriguing name. True PF/Double Double machine/can hit the outside shot

Portland still willing to move J.J. Hickson, but hasn't found an appealing offer yet, sources tell Y!

I wonder if Portland would do a Pau for Mathews/Hickson deal?? Mathews is owed $6.9 and $7.2 mil after this year

I wonder if the Blazers still want to bring back Steve Blake again.
Kobe8Fan

Postby last stand on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:03 pm

The Rock wrote:JJ Hickson is another intriguing name. True PF/Double Double machine/can hit the outside shot

hickson and matthews is intriguing. hickson is athletic but matthews would be the real grab. he's not pau, but he can flat out defend and shoot. i like the flexibility of that deal a little more than the josh smith deal which kind of gets us stuck with a core of dwight and smith for the next 5 years
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Mike D'Antoni has remained intrigued with bringing exiled Jazz guard Raja Bell to Lakers, sources say.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Quit living in the past holmes.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Teams trying to trade for J.J. Redick surveying cost to re-sign him in summer. If Bucks move a starting guard, he's a major target for them.

We'll take Monta if you need to get rid of guard for Redick. :man1:
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Teams trying to trade for J.J. Redick surveying cost to re-sign him in summer. If Bucks move a starting guard, he's a major target for them.

monta is actually someone i'd really like. i understand he's inefficient and a little bit of a ball hog, but i figure kobe, ellis, nash is dynamic
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Ugh Bell!
I like that Hick/ Matthews idea but its a long shot.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm

The only way I would take on Bell is if we could move Blake and his contract to Utah for him.

Bell expires this year, Blake doesn't.
Doc Brown

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:Would you move dwight, meeks, morris, and hill or laldrige and batum?

Why are we giving up so much? No way.

We're giving them Dwight Howard for God's sake.

maybe pull meeks out of the deal. dwights' trade value has never been lower.

nonetheless, i don't think it's that much to give up. LA is becoming a perennial all star, and batum is probably knocking on the door of being an all star if he's in the east (similar game to paul george).

i like jordan's game, but i like earl's versatility a bit more. in addition, if we keep pau next year, there's just no room for that 4th big man.

this is all predicated upon the assumption that the lakers jump the gun and move d12 because they all of a sudden fear him leaving.
Pig Miller

Postby jayloot on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm

LA - Brook Lopez / Paul Milsap / CJ Watston
Utah - Kris Humphries
Brooklyn - D12 / Chris Duhon

It works on trade machine but I don't know how to add the pic. A line up with Clark and Milsap can help with the decline in rebounding we'd get from Lopez. Utah gets a big with another year on his contract, and we can move past this D12 nonsense.
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!
jayloot

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:56 pm

They're not moving Dwight so it's pretty moot, but again Dwight is still either the best or close to the best big man in the game right now. No way the Lakers give him for anything and if they did they'd only give him up for some ridiculous package like Love/Pekovic/Kirilenko/Pick or something like that.

As for this Josh Smith idea... Someone else said it best: do we really want Smith/Howard for the next 5 years? :man10: I don't know. I probably don't, even if I'm not as low on Smith as some people.

I'd much rather move the world in order to bring someone like Love to LA. If Dwight continues being a *****, Love is a better fall back than Smith.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm

jayloot wrote:LA - Brook Lopez / Paul Milsap / CJ Watston
Utah - Kris Humphries
Brooklyn - D12 / Chris Duhon

It works on trade machine but I don't know how to add the pic. A line up with Clark and Milsap can help with the decline in rebounding we'd get from Lopez. Utah gets a big with another year on his contract, and we can move past this D12 nonsense.

Utah gives up expiring Milsap to take on a less talented, much less talented player in Humphries and pays him an extra year? Yea good luck with that scenario and even if picks were involved none of the picks would be of any value to Utah to eat another year of Humphries
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

if Pau wasn't injured I would've thought Monta/Dalembert/Dunleavy would've worked for Pau/fillers, both teams would've benefited greatly.
khmrP

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 am

Mike D'Antoni has remained intrigued with bringing exiled Jazz guard Raja Bell to Lakers, sources say.
Last edited by dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:32 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:

I really, really hope that's not true, or he is indeed a one trick pony trying to recapture old magic, some that didn't even lead to a title. He's also delusional if he thinks old man Bell could help us.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 am

^Unfortunately, in this case, if it's Woj, it's probably true.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby sina on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 am

Lakers needs an perimeter scorer more than anything else.
sina

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:01 am

It didn't take long, coming out of All-Star Weekend, from the trade chatter to crank back up again.

Some fresh dribbles of that chatter follow in the lead-up to the NBA’s 3 p.m ET Thursday trade deadline:

The Atlanta Hawks have convinced numerous teams that they're definitely trading Josh Smith this week, largely because they see the unpredictable lefty as a virtual lock to leave them in free agency this summer.

So ...

Destinations?

One team close to the situation consulted Monday night predicted that the Nets would ultimately land Smith via a three-way trade after ESPN's Chris Broussard reported Feb. 11 that Smith is a prime Brooklyn Nets trade target.

Another team pinpointed the Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks as the strongest contenders to win the Smith sweepstakes. The big worry for both of those teams, though, is whether they could really risk trading for Smith when convincing him to re-sign for the long term is likely to be a serious challenge in either city. Especially with Smith said to be angling for a max deal … and with nobody confusing the Suns or the Bucks with Mikhail Prokohorov's Nets.

Broussard, furthermore, tweeted early Tuesday that the Washington Wizards have made anyone on the roster available for Smith, apart from John Wall, Bradley Beal or Nene Hilario.

Which brings us to the Boston Celtics.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Monday that the Boston Celtics have, indeed, registered their interest on the Smith front, with the caveat that they also remain highly interested in the Clippers' Eric Bledsoe.

Yet a Boston deal for Smith, sources said, would almost certainly have to be built around Paul Pierce, because Kevin Garnett isn't waiving his no-trade clause to go to the Atlanta Hawks if he's not willing to waive it to go to the Clipperland. And the prospect of Celtics front-office chief Danny Ainge exiling Pierce to the Hawks for Smith, after everything Pierce has done to restore the Celtics to glory over the past half-decade, is still hard to imagine.

At least for me.

According to one theory in circulation on the personnel grapevine, Celtics officials could be moved this week to try to make the case to Garnett that waiving his no-trade provision to accept that long-rumored trade to the Los Angeles Clippers would be the best thing not only for himself but for the long-term health of the franchise. Combine that approach with the expected lobbying from the L.A. side by good buddy Chauncey Billups, as the theory goes, and maybe Garnett will ultimately relent and consent to a swap.

Have to add three follow-up caveats here, though:

1. After spending a solid 15 minutes in the same room with Garnett in Houston as part of ESPN Radio's All-Star Weekend team, I became convinced that KG isn't waiving that no-trade clause. For anyone or any team. My impression is that it's going to take more lobbying than anyone out there can muster.

2. Broussard reported late Monday night on "SportsCenter" that Billups has already warned the Clippers that Garnett's position appears to be firm … and that Garnett spelled out the exact same thing to Chris Paul last summer when Paul informed KG that the Clippers wanted to pursue him via trade.

3. Even if Garnett did wind up with the Clippers this week, after all the bluster against the idea, I still struggle to picture the Celtics telling Pierce that they're going to send him to the Hawks for the good of Boston's long-term health. The deal might make sense for Atlanta -- since Pierce's $5 million buyout for next season would extend the Hawks' window of flexibility and create a new set of options -- but it still looks like as an impossible sell in Boston.

I've always thought Rajon Rondo, not Pierce or Garnett, would be the first member of Boston's star trio to be dealt. There simply might not be a shake-up move available to the Celtics at this deadline now that Rondo has been lost to a season-ending knee injury.

There's more on that subject.

The Clippers, according one source close to the situation, would not be willing to surrender both Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan to Boston even if Garnett was willing to waive his no-trade clause.

Is that posturing? An absolute stance?

We'll find out for sure between now and the deadline, but the source insisted that the Clippers feel that a Bledsoe-and-Jordan combo is too much to surrender for a 36-year-old who isn't sure how much longer he'll be playing.

The consistent word out of Houston, incidentally, is that the Rockets -- long known to be Smith fans -- are far more likely to pursue J-Smoove in free agency than to try to trade for him this week.

The Rockets are expected to use their leftover salary-cap space from last summer to extract an extra draft pick from teams looking to shed salary for luxury-tax reasons right before the trade buzzer.

Veterans who remain available in trade talks this week include San Antonio's DeJuan Blair, Cleveland's Omri Casspi, Charlotte's Ben Gordon, Brooklyn's Kris Humphries, Oklahoma City's Eric Maynor, Minnesota's Luke Ridnour, Phoenix's Sebastian Telfair and Washington's Jordan Crawford.

Orlando, meanwhile, continues to seek no less than a first-round pick for sharpshooter J.J. Redick, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in July.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... josh-smith. Article written by Marc Stein.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 am

Not many possibilities tree that make sense. We'll probably stand pat. Dwight may want out, but we're not taking Brooklyn's crap in exchange.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 am

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
Let's pretend Josh Smith, for a trade with your team, was willing to sign a "No mid-range/3-point jumpers" clause. Would you want him then?

:man10: :man10:
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion