Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: When the overhaul happens, who would you like to keep?

Postby 24K GOLD on Sun May 20, 2012 6:06 pm

And I hope we can lure Nash in LA. He'd be perfect here.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby GoldHammish on Sun May 20, 2012 6:08 pm

24K GOLD wrote:Say we could amnesty Kobe (and I really oppose to this idea because let's face it, this WILL offend Kobe and I won't blame him), how much do we give him per year in his amnestied contract?

Uhh what? If we amnesty Kobe we can't sign him for another year....
GoldHammish

Postby 24K GOLD on Sun May 20, 2012 6:11 pm

GoldHammish wrote:Uhh what? If we amnesty Kobe we can't sign him for another year...

Clearly I haven't read the new CBA. Sorry. :man10:
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby venky on Sun May 20, 2012 6:22 pm

And good luck signing him after one year. One of the scrub teams like Charlotte will pick his contract up.
venky

Postby Kwame on Sun May 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Kwame wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I'd love for our bench next season to be....

Sessions / Ebanks / Beasley / McFly / Hill

- The McFly I want has to be the one who played for the Pacers who looked to score and could shoot the rock.
- Beasley sign and trade for Pau
- Re-sign Sessions, Ebanks and Hill

I'd love for our starters next season to be....

D.West / Kobe / MWP / Millsap / Bynum

- Delonte West with our mini-MLE
- Millsap acquired by dealing Derrick Williams (via Pau trade) to Utah

With Morris / Glock picking up the rear.

Pau is going to make $19 million next year.

Beasley 8 million, Williams 5 million, throw in a Milicic at 5 million. Trade works. The way the league wants bigs, we can easily pawn Milicic off for nothing in return and get a TPE.

o ok. why didn't that happen at the deadline? would Minny wanna do that deal?
Kwame

Postby Doc Brown on Sun May 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Kwame wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Beasley 8 million, Williams 5 million, throw in a Milicic at 5 million. Trade works. The way the league wants bigs, we can easily pawn Milicic off for nothing in return and get a TPE.

o ok. why didn't that happen at the deadline? would Minny wanna do that deal?

My guess is, we were shopping Pau for superstar in return only at the deadline. That didn't happen so the FO went other routes.

As for Minny wanting to do that deal.....Yes. For one, they don't even want Beasley. They were willing to give him up to us at the deadline, but we got cheap on them and backed out because we wanted to push more salary on them, then they were willing to take. Minny wants Pau and there were rumors going on that Minny was ready to give up Williams.

I think Minny does that deal.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby easyguy on Sun May 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Nash would be nice as he has the resume to tell kobe to f-off.
easyguy

Postby odom1year on Sun May 20, 2012 9:12 pm

TIME TO TRADE KOBE

Mike Brown sucks, because Kobe ignores his gameplan and plays his iso hero ball all the time.
Bynum sucks, because being the best center and shooting at high % and still getting not enough touches.
Pau sucks, because not getting and shooting the ball enough due to Kobe ballhogging the ball.

From last year's Mavs series and this year's Thunder series, we see that Kobe is no longer our saver, he is our killer now. His selfish and unclutch plays are completely showed in Game 2 & 4. He solely destroyed Lakers.

To further extend Lakers' future, we should keep Bynum(young+dominant) and Pau(one of best PFs) instead of Kobe(old+selfish+unclutchness). For me, I would like to trade Kobe for Melo+Lin or Lawson+Faried.
odom1year

Postby TIME on Sun May 20, 2012 9:15 pm

odom1year wrote:TIME TO TRADE KOBE

Mike Brown sucks, because Kobe ignores his gameplan and plays his iso hero ball all the time.
Bynum sucks, because being the best center and shooting at high % and still getting not enough touches.
Pau sucks, because not getting and shooting the ball enough due to Kobe ballhogging the ball.

From last year's Mavs series and this year's Thunder series, we see that Kobe is no longer our saver, he is our killer now. His selfish and unclutch plays are completely showed in Game 2 & 4. He solely destroyed Lakers.

To further extend Lakers' future, we should keep Bynum(young+dominant) and Pau(one of best PFs) instead of Kobe(old+selfish+unclutchness). For me, I would like to trade Kobe for Melo+Lin or Lawson+Faried.

How are you going to trade a player with a no trade contract?
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby intuitivelOve on Sun May 20, 2012 9:20 pm

You should post this in every thread...oh wait.. :man8: :man6: :man8:
intuitivelOve

Postby Congo Cash on Sun May 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Nash wouldn't fit here unless we change our whole offensive scheme, we are too [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] slow...

Kobe for Lawson+Faried = :man10: :man10: :man10:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby odom1year on Sun May 20, 2012 9:41 pm

TIME wrote:

How are you going to trade a player with a no trade contract?

Have to wait for one more year then. Trading Bynum or Pau is not a suitable move. That can not solve our issues. Kobe will still ballbog and shoot the ball all the time. As you know, most of them are tough and ill shots. :bang:
:bang:
odom1year

Postby Ariza3 on Sun May 20, 2012 9:43 pm

i think Nash could fit with our offense. He's EXTREMELY intelligent and ya the offense maybe slow, but he can always get into the paint and when we've got drew anything is possible at that point. Don't always need to go young, if you've got Kobe you need to play for NOW and not the future imo at least for 2 more seasons.

I feel Kobe can only play with a PG he trusts...otherwise he'll play both positions. Thus, the CP3 trade...he would have def respected CP3 and trusted him with the ball to make the right choices. Nash has some of kobe's respect as well...Nash's career proves to kobe what he can do. He'd have rings if he didnt play for the suns or they had better players.

would like Sesh back for sure! off the bench would be amazing. Ebanks too, he's earned it. Glock would be much better after a full training camp and work over the summer.

2nd Unit:
Sesh
Glock
Ebanks
?
Hill

think that would be a good lineup and would be good on offense and boards, would have to work on D...but thats not necessarily why theyre in.
Ariza3

Postby jamabile on Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 pm

As someone else has said in this thread, Beasley and Sessions would mesh well coming off the bench together. That could easily be 20 points a game coming off the bench and instantly makes us a better team. You still need to another big man, and shooting guard, maybe another shooter, etc. I would also Ron to the bench. That would improve our depth.

If we can approve our bench, and get some pieces with Pau, maybe another power foward that can hustle, play defense, shoot the jumper, and another small forward that can defend and shoot, we will contend. Luckily, we have Mitch to underake that task.
jamabile

Postby Ariza68 on Sun May 20, 2012 10:00 pm

I haven't been here for a while and I'm surprised -well, not really- so few people are able to point in the right direction after watching the last few games. The main problem right now to win at the big stage is not the supporting cast. The main problem is that the superstar isn't performing like the megastar who's eating a third of the salary cap. While this fact can be hidden against teams without stardom glitter, it painfully stands out against a team with a young megastar in Durant and an emerging superstar like Westbrook.

I don't know if some kind of arrangement can be made about Kobe's position in the Lakers organization but I don't think they can win a ring anymore with a Kobe centered team.
Ariza68

Postby odom1year on Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Congo Cash wrote:Nash wouldn't fit here unless we change our whole offensive scheme, we are too [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] slow...

Kobe for Lawson+Faried = :man10: :man10: :man10:

Actually Lawson destroyed our backcourt and Faried played well against our frontcourt. Nash is definitely good for our system, expecially for our bigs. Every Lakers loves team play and team game.
odom1year

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun May 20, 2012 10:54 pm

Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Center Court on Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Gasol for D Will and Beasley, 2nd

McRoberts, 2nd for OJ Mayo

Sign Nash to mini MLE
Sign Garnett to vet min

Resign Sesh, Hill, Ebanks, gl0ck, Morris

Bynum/Hill
Garnett/Beasley
Artest/D Will
Kobe/Mayo
Nash/Sessions
Center Court

Postby Finwë on Sun May 20, 2012 11:20 pm

OMFG! What is wrong with you?

"He solely destroyed Lakers." :bang:

EDIT: I think you are one of the guys who said Kobe wasn't even a top 20 player in the L anymore, so I guess this type of post isn't that crazy coming from you.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Psychobroker on Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Murdock wrote:
Kwame wrote:
Murdock wrote:what I would love to see is Kobe's terrible contract gone ... that's killing us ... we have no room for a good sign because of that ...

its fans like this that give laker fans a bad rep.

that wouldn't put us under the cap anyway... and even if it did, who would you sign? The buss family has tickets to sell here and cutting the player that puts the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in the seats and sells gear isn't very productive in that regard.

I was against it the moment it happened ... and Kobe isn't playing that well to deserve that kind of money ... yeah he brings the crowd but the only players that deserve that kind of money are LBJ and KD nobody else, nobody ...

well let me see another 10 mil a year spent on a players does wonders IMO don't you think?

I hear you, and also believe amnesty for Kobe would need to be considered. Does the FO act on it? Not likely, but they would be wise to think long and hard about it if they want to actually compete in both the short and long-term.

But those around here that will ridicule the idea also don't think the team has a spending (tax) problem...
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby khmrP on Sun May 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Kobe, Peace are the only two I would care for to be back everybody else is trade bait and that includes Bynum if we can get a boat load of talent in return....sorry dont see this guy being our future franchise player at all.
khmrP

Postby venky on Sun May 20, 2012 11:56 pm

World Peace isn't what he once was, but he should definitely be back considering how he has been playing this past 1 and a half months.

And I'm assuming he'll be in shape for next year because there won't be a lockout.
venky

Postby trodgers on Mon May 21, 2012 6:38 am

A few people have said Hill. I like his game, but if you're jettisoning Gasol in the process, that means you want Hill on the court a good deal of the time. His bbiq is umm...frustrating.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:43 am

trodgers wrote:A few people have said Hill. I like his game, but if you're jettisoning Gasol in the process, that means you want Hill on the court a good deal of the time. His bbiq is umm...frustrating.

Agree completly. he could help us grab someone nice with Pau in the summer/
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby khmrP on Mon May 21, 2012 7:50 am

Alleyhoops wrote:
KB24 wrote:^good luck. Why would Minny even remotely trade the best PF in the league for an old soft PF and a bunch of scrubs.

I'm hoping the front office is able to move Pau's 19 mil for the draft rights to Anthony Davis. At 433k for Davis' rookie contract and some additional wrangling, we'd be in a position to at least court DWill.

wth? :man3: you need to check your math, 1st of all Davis will be a #1 pick, even if by some miracle we're able to trade for him, a #1 pick doesn't make 433k, I dont how you came up with that #. 2ndly even w/o Pau contract this team will still be over the cap. Kobe/Bynum=~$43 already, the cap is $48.
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion