Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who to keep / who to get?)

Postby khmrP on Tue May 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Pau to Tor for Bargani/1st(not #1)....they need that 1 missing piece to get them into a playoff birth, with that Euro C they have coming over, Pau would be a great fit next him, supposedly he is that tough reb type C that could cover for Pau softness....Tor will most likely pick top 5, anything outside of #1 I can see them willing to do the trade. Now Bargani probably as soft as Pau but if we going to keep that big baby in the middle, Barg would be the perfect floor spacer for Bynum and the pick could be used for dept at the 1-3 spot.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue May 22, 2012 1:14 pm

khmrP wrote:Pau to Tor for Bargani/1st(not #1)....they need that 1 missing piece to get them into a playoff birth, with that Euro C they have coming over, Pau would be a great fit next him, supposedly he is that tough reb type C that could cover for Pau softness....Tor will most likely pick top 5, anything outside of #1 I can see them willing to do the trade. Now Bargani probably as soft as Pau but if we going to keep that big baby in the middle, Barg would be the perfect floor spacer for Bynum and the pick could be used for dept at the 1-3 spot.

No to Bargnani, his limited game, his volume shooting, and his awful contract.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue May 22, 2012 1:15 pm

khmrP wrote:Pau to Tor for Bargani/1st(not #1)....they need that 1 missing piece to get them into a playoff birth, with that Euro C they have coming over, Pau would be a great fit next him, supposedly he is that tough reb type C that could cover for Pau softness....Tor will most likely pick top 5, anything outside of #1 I can see them willing to do the trade. Now Bargani probably as soft as Pau but if we going to keep that big baby in the middle, Barg would be the perfect floor spacer for Bynum and the pick could be used for dept at the 1-3 spot.

I like it for us, but can't see the Raptors doing it because of the age difference between Pau and Barg.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 pm

therealdeal wrote:

he makes less than Scola and alot younger...IF this trade did happen the pick is equivalent of getting a player that "could potentially" be as good if not better than the Lowlry/Dragic type in the Hou offer. How you figure his gm is limited? whatever he does well compliments Bynum gm, I mean we are trying to coddle that baby right and let his butt operate in the post, than we need a legit floor space and why not do that with a stretch 4?
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 pm

I'd be willing to do that trade, but the salaries don't match. How much would the 1st round pick cover? (Bargnani makes $9.8 million, Pau $19 million)
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Tue May 22, 2012 1:22 pm

XXIV wrote:

I'd be willing to do that trade, but the salaries don't match. How much would the 1st round pick cover? (Bargnani makes $9.8 million, Pau $19 million)

Tor is under the cap, doesn't need to match, the salary difference will create another TPE for us i.e the botched cp3 trade with Odom contract.
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Tue May 22, 2012 1:26 pm

khmrP wrote:
XXIV wrote:

Tor is under the cap, doesn't need to match, the salary difference will create another TPE for us i.e the botched cp3 trade with Odom contract.

Oh alright thanks for clearing that up. Would appear to be a good trade for both teams, depending on what that 1st pick would pan out to be.
XXIV

Re: When the overhaul happens, who would you like to keep?

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:Well for starters, Lakerjones, that guy is the most polite member here. Doc Brown, fksteveblake and bystander are near the top for their constant and consistent LOLs, and I really like gcclaker and TIME as mods and Ras as our admin. Obviously I'm on the list because well...it's me. I'd like to keep puffy around for WMC, Rock for Twitter and Cachook for highlights. revgen is a coin flip because I dunno if we'll be able to stay under the "Bynum praise cap". In short, this is NOT going to be easy.

Don't tell me I didn't make the cut bro. And if you guys are sending me to Cleveland(Luke Walton style) i'm not reporting.

Don't take it personally, but given how you've disappeared from CL from time to time (we all know you were over at RGM), there was talk of trading you to reacquire tttppp in order to upgrade our LOLfactor.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby brickshooter on Tue May 22, 2012 1:37 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

he makes less than Scola and alot younger...IF this trade did happen the pick is equivalent of getting a player that "could potentially" be as good if not better than the Lowlry/Dragic type in the Hou offer. How you figure his gm is limited? whatever he does well compliments Bynum gm, I mean we are trying to coddle that baby right and let his butt operate in the post, than we need a legit floor space and why not do that with a stretch 4?

Do we really want Bargani? IMO, if we were to remove what is left of Gasol's testicals, we'd end up with Bargani.
brickshooter

Postby khmrP on Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

brickshooter wrote:Do we really want Bargani? IMO, if we were to remove what is left of Gasol's testicals, we'd end up with Bargani.

you guys really need to understand value, as it stands Pau makes ~19mill/yr for the next 2yrs, is declining and on the wrong side of 30. What exactly are you guys expecting, some team to through us a young stud on his rookie contract?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Bargnani is a volume shooter that's not very efficient. He's an awful defender for a seven footer with some athleticism and it's not just the amount that Bargnani gets, it's that he gets that amount for the next 5 years. People didn't want Scola because of his contract, well this one is almost twice as bad.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakRfAn on Tue May 22, 2012 1:45 pm

I think that if there's ANY chance of making the Drew for Dwight trade, that should be the #1 priority in the offseason
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby khmrP on Tue May 22, 2012 1:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Bargnani is a volume shooter that's not very efficient. He's an awful defender for a seven footer with some athleticism and it's not just the amount that Bargnani gets, it's that he gets that amount for the next 5 years. People didn't want Scola because of his contract, well this one is almost twice as bad.

Pau not exactly PRIME piece of assest right now either, #1 there not alot of teams that can match his contract w/o giving up crap contract in return and #2 any contending team wont give us what we want either. Give and take, Barg blows on D but makes half of Pau per year, yes his contracts runs 3yrs longer but at least he's alot younger than Scola. His eff. is leave up for debate, he's never played on a good team nor next to a legit C, maybe playing next to Bynum/Kobe will get him to raise his lvl of play. The pick is what I'm more interested in if trade was to go down.
khmrP

Postby brickshooter on Tue May 22, 2012 1:55 pm

khmrP wrote:
brickshooter wrote:Do we really want Bargani? IMO, if we were to remove what is left of Gasol's testicals, we'd end up with Bargani.

you guys really need to understand value, as it stands Pau makes ~19mill/yr for the next 2yrs, is declining and on the wrong side of 30. What exactly are you guys expecting, some team to through us a young stud on his rookie contract?

Seems to me we're trying to hit a home run with 3 giant contracts again.

Maybe we want 2 giant contracts and Gasol's contract split to get some depth and youth.

Which is why I prefer the Rockets deal.
brickshooter

Postby khmrP on Tue May 22, 2012 2:00 pm

brickshooter wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Seems to me we're trying to hit a home run with 3 giant contracts again.

Maybe we want 2 giant contracts and Gasol's contract split to get some depth and youth.

Which is why I prefer the Rockets deal.

you do realize Scola makes about the same per yr as Bargani right? But if it came with Lowlry or Dragic with NY pick than I'm all for that Hou trade as well.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:05 pm

if the hawks really are dumping players id go for joe johnson or josh smith. younger players with aggression and passion for the game. offensive threats and really give it there all every game. plus winning will only make them better, which the lakers will with one of them.

all joe johnson does is get buckets.
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Tue May 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Ariza3 wrote:if the hawks really are dumping players id go for joe johnson or josh smith. younger players with aggression and passion for the game. offensive threats and really give it there all every game. plus winning will only make them better, which the lakers will with one of them.

all joe johnson does is get buckets.

have you seen Johnson contract length and per year dollars?
khmrP

Postby Ludachris on Tue May 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Isn't Dragic a F/A this summer? How can he be traded to us? I wouldn't want to trade for Scola, as he doesn't really change the dynamic of the starting line-up. Why wouldn't we want to look for a better SF or PG instead of trying for a lateral move (age, output, and salary) with a less-skilled Scola?

And I don't think I'd want any of the big contracts from Atlanta. Josh Smith is a big contract and doesn't really make us much more athletic than we are now. Doubt they'd want Gasol in return anyway. They probably want to get younger.

If we trade Bynum, we absolutely need to get an elite PG in return, along with either a SF or PF with potential or a good expiring contract big man or bench players. Gasol should return a solid swingman and bench players and/or a good expiring contract - and it would be nice to get some picks out of both. I'd probably try to trade Artest for some cap relief and more bench depth.
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Ersan Ilyasova - 13pts/9rb UFA (2011-2012 $2.5Mil)

Beasley - 15pts/5rb RFA ($8.1Mil Player-Option)
Last edited by Ariza3 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who would you like to keep?)

Postby Psychobroker on Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 pm

BadCoaching wrote:Unless Mike Brown and his entire staff is replaced with a legit coach/staff than they may as well blow the entire team up and work to get Kobe to a contending team. It isn't fair he's again shouldering the team, and all of the blame associated with his crappy team mates, because of poor management and poor hiring decisions.

:man10: at giving Kobe a pass
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:42 pm

FO made it clear that they want Ramon back next season :jam2:
Ariza3

Postby denimPortugal on Tue May 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Ariza3 wrote:FO made it clear that they want Ramon back next season :jam2:

Like! :)
denimPortugal

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 pm

denimPortugal wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:FO made it clear that they want Ramon back next season :jam2:

Like! :)

Great. Like I said earlier in the thread, keep:

kobe ( I hope those idiots out there stop saying amnesty Kobe. You just sound stupid.)
Bynum (90% of his blow ups have been media driven).
artest (just don't come back next season fat again)
Jordan hill (for cheap)
Ebanks maybe
Goudelock
sessions (let's see what he can do with a full camp and season).

Listen, I know Pau has been inconsistent, but you do NOT trade this guy unless we get some equal value.
And after that, scrap EVERYONE else
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby eltoro on Tue May 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Unfortunately, Bynum has the most trade value. He is young, and his potential is limitless. The only way we get an all-star package is if we get lucky and the trading partners get equal or greater value....OR, if we include Bynum.

And no. No way in hell do we trade one of the top two centers in the game today for Deron Williams alone. Bynum is younger, has more upside, and is a top 2 player at his position. Deron Williams is a top 5-7 player at his own position.
eltoro

Postby Ariza3 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:53 pm

i dont understand players like kobe. if he wants his 6th ring so badly and wants to win, then he needs to surround himself with a bunch of good players....thus the lakers need more cap room to sign players. kobe contract is massive...since hes already like a billionaire why not ask for less money and give the lakers fo more $ to work with instead of having to pay kobe 30+ mill

if i were kobe and wanted my 6th ring so badly...id be like "im alrady loaded, so if its possible lets make my contract for less and that way you guys (front office) have more $ to sign other good players and then i will have a better chance of winning"

one thing i liked about the heat big 3 thing is they all took pay cuts to play together bc otherwise it would never have worked. sometimes you have to give a little to get something...wish it were possible for kobe to give up his massive contract for something reasonable and help his team get way better by doing so.

thats what i would do at his age and time left in the league and all the $ hes already made + all the endorsement money...his contract money is nothing compared to all the other stuff he does.
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion