Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who to keep / who to get?)

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 pm

So Eyenga is in the deal now......

Nash / Blake / Duhon / Morris
Kobe / Glock
MWP / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison / McFly / Clark
D12 / Hill

Overflow of PG's and overflow of PF's
Last edited by Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:34 pm

sign Barbosa and let's get win this thing

Howard/Hill
Pau/Jamison/McFly
Artest/Ebanks
Kobe/Barbosa/gl0ck
Nash/Blake/Morris
Center Court

Postby Plot on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Marc Spears confirmed Alex Kennedy's on the Lakers getting Duhon + Clark earlier, so it looks like Kennedy's good on his sources.

Thus far based on the current reports:
Code: Select all
Lakers out:
                     2012-13        2013-14         2014-15
Andrew Bynum       $16,889,000
Christian Eyenga   $ 1,174,080    $2,119,213-T    $3,178,820-Q

Lakers in:

Dwight Howard      $19,536,360
Chris Duhon        $ 3,500,000    $3,750,000-N
Earl Clark         $ 1,240,000
Plot

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 pm

^^^We have to send out 2.5 million more to make the salaries work according to the NBA Trade Machine
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Plot on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:06 pm

^ I guess that means it'll be McRoberts because Alex Kennedy said Ebanks will sign the qualifying offer to stay with the Lakers.
Plot

Postby Helljumper on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Which of the other three teams can take on McBob without messing up the salary?
Helljumper

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Well Orlando needs a backup PG now that Duhon is gone. Blake can go to the Magic, we don't need the two worst PG's in the league on the same team.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Well Orlando needs a backup PG now that Duhon is gone. Blake can go to the Magic, we don't need the two worst PG's in the league on the same team.

I don't think Blake was that bad LOL.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Helljumper on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Well Orlando needs a backup PG now that Duhon is gone. Blake can go to the Magic, we don't need the two worst PG's in the league on the same team.

I'd much rather have Blake AND Duhon then just Duhon. If we keep Duhon, I'm pretty sure he won't be in the rotation at all and rightfully so, because Blake is MUCH better than him IMO.
Helljumper

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Helljumper wrote:

I'd much rather have Blake AND Duhon then just Duhon. If we keep Duhon, I'm pretty sure he won't be in the rotation at all and rightfully so, because Blake is MUCH better than him IMO.

Our backup PG is getting paid 4 million, our 3rd string PG (Duhon) is getting paid 3.5 million and our 4th string PG is getting paid 1 million.

I think somebody is getting shown the door.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Helljumper wrote:

Our backup PG is getting paid 4 million, our 3rd string PG (Duhon) is getting paid 3.5 million and our 4th string PG is getting paid 1 million.

I think somebody is getting shown the door.

Blake has to be the odd man out somehow if we're getting Duhon. I'm confident in that. Maybe Blake goes to Philly and we get Meeks somehow back.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Plot on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Unfortunately, the 76ers don't have Meeks' rights anymore. I saw emplay reply to someone asking about that on twitter:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
@smokesumbudE nah - meeks was renounced - they don't have his bird rights - can't do it without cap room which they don't have (sixers)

For the Magic, if they were willing to take on Blake's contract, wouldn't they just keep Duhon since he has less money owed and they're gonna tank like there's no tomorrow?

Blake should be the odd man out because all that salary going into the backup PG is crappy, but it would be a crazy surprise if someone in this four-way actually wanted to take him.
Plot

Postby JSM on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Duhon is a better defender than Blake. My fear is with both of them on the roster, Brown will use both of them at the same time. He loves some two PG backcourt action. :bang:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm

^ Hm. I didn't know they had renounced the Bird Rights to Meeks... interesting.

Well we can still offer him part of the mini-MLE and I have a feeling we'll see that somewhere. I'm not sure where Duhon fits, but if he comes here and Blake is still on the team things will get interesting between the two. Duhon is straight up awful, worse even than Blake. I would hope LA bought him out or something. If not, Blake is an amnesty candidate. No way we can go into the season with over 7 million dedicated to our backup PGs that give us almost no production.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Denver should take Blake gorramit. They escaped without getting garbage
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LooN3y on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

is there any way we can dump duhon and clark? its not possible right? since we just traded for them?
LooN3y

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 am

LooN3y wrote:is there any way we can dump duhon and clark? its not possible right? since we just traded for them?

A buy out is possible, but I think Clark probably stays. If Duhon is coming in, I have a feeling Blake is going out. Blake CANNOT be our answer at the backup 2.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 am

Problem with our current status now is that we have 14 players on our roster and Mitch always likes to have at least 1 roster spot open during the year.

I don't know what we're going to do, maybe buy someone out? Or maybe McRoberts is another player on his way out along with Bynum and Christian
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby the_Dude on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:55 am

Doc Brown wrote:So Eyenga is in the deal now......

Kobe / Glock
MWP / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison / McFly / Clark
D12 / Hill

Overflow of PG's and overflow of PF's

Wow. Glock and Ebanks holding down 2nd string is pretty scary. Looking at the team when organized this way exposes our guard situation. We have to sign some talent to make sure Kobe and Nash don't play ridiculous minutes this season because no other player can be trusted.

McRoberts trade? Maybe give Arenas a chance?
the_Dude

Postby the_Dude on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:04 am

therealdeal wrote:^ Hm. I didn't know they had renounced the Bird Rights to Meeks... interesting.

Well we can still offer him part of the mini-MLE and I have a feeling we'll see that somewhere. I'm not sure where Duhon fits, but if he comes here and Blake is still on the team things will get interesting between the two. Duhon is straight up awful, worse even than Blake. I would hope LA bought him out or something. If not, Blake is an amnesty candidate. No way we can go into the season with over 7 million dedicated to our backup PGs that give us almost no production.

Amnesty period for this season ended last month right? I think we are stuck with him unless a trade goes down. 7mil...yikes,
the_Dude

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 am

the_Dude wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ Hm. I didn't know they had renounced the Bird Rights to Meeks... interesting.

Amnesty period for this season ended last month right? I think we are stuck with him unless a trade goes down. 7mil...yikes,

well then crap. :man10:

I really, really hope that the Lakers' plan isn't to use Blake at the 2... that'd be awful.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby the_Dude on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 am

therealdeal wrote:
the_Dude wrote:

I really, really hope that the Lakers' plan isn't to use Blake at the 2... that'd be awful.

Seriously. :man10: Glock or Blake as our backup 2. Come on Mitch! One more move to go! We know you make the magic happen!!
the_Dude

Postby LooN3y on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 am

the_Dude wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
the_Dude wrote:

Seriously. :man10: Glock or Blake as our backup 2. Come on Mitch! One more move to go! We know you make the magic happen!!

besides his defensive liabilities i think we should give him a chance, IF we dont get anyone at the back up 2.

honestly i really wanted to get rid of blake, but i rather have him than duhon at this point. (but mayb duhon can put in some work like he did with the knicks)

and sign T-mac, honestly hes kind of a playoff curse, but he can do more good than harm. if he cant guard the faster younger dudes, throw ebanks in, and we're good.
LooN3y

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 am

We need Barbosa or Meeks and call it an offseason with a ridiculous team. Buy out Glock if you need to clear room.

Kobe / Meeks or Barbosa / DJO
MWP / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison / McFly
D12 / Hill

If we roll with Duhon/Blake in the second unit, Kobe and Nash will be paying 35+ every night.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:13 am

I like Barbosa more with Nash and Kobe on the bench because he can create for himself. That would be nice to have off the bench

2 guys who can just flat out score off the bench in jaimison and Barbosa
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde