Free Agent Frenzy: Rumors, Reports, Rumblings

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who to keep / who to get?)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:29 am

dj vitus wrote:Not sure where to post this, but has anyone seen the new schedule? We have 18 Sunday games out of a possible 23. And 3 Saturday games all season. Weird.

We barely play on Saturdays for years ....
wcsoldier81

Postby last stand on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 am

Saturday is for the lesser teams. Like the clippers
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:33 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Yeah, Blake does really well matching up against 2nd team guys, and occasional pestering of 1st team guys.

DIdn't happen when Fish was starting, what makes this year any different (other than a better bench).

Steve still hasn't shown the type of game everyone expected him to play, for two seasons already.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Along those lines, how do you see Dwight and Kobe fitting together? Kupchak: They're going to be just fine. I mean, Dwight's the future, and Kobe and Steve and Metta and Pau, they're the present. There shouldn't be any problem. Pau can play anywhere for anybody, Steve and Kobe, all they want to do is win. And Metta is completely comfortable being a complementary player. If he gets eight to 10 points a game and is a great defender and wins, he's so happy. So I've got no problems thinking that these guys can work it out and play together. When the clock gets short, Kobe will end up with the ball in his hands and Steve, regardless of the offense we play, will control the pace. We're not talking about introducing a new offense to a young, unproven team. It's a veteran group, and they'll figure out how to do it.

:jam2:
Ariza3

Raja Bell Continuing To Work On Buyout With Jazz

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Raja Bell Continuing To Work On Buyout With Jazz

Raja Bell has yet to give the Utah Jazz a decision on a contract buyout as the two sides continue to work toward reaching an agreement, his agent told RealGM on Tuesday.

“We’re talking to their new GM [Dennis Lindsey] and working on it,” agent Herb Rudoy said by phone.

Contrary to multiple reports last month that Bell had been refusing the buyout proposal from the Jazz, Rudoy confirmed that "he hasn’t rejected or accepted anything.”

Bell signed a three-year deal with the Jazz in 2010, but has made known his displeasure and desire to part ways since the middle of the 10-11 season.

Regarded as a quality outside shooter and a gritty defender, Bell, 35, has averaged almost 10 points on 40.6 percent from three-point range over his 12-year career with six different teams. Bell averaged 6.4 points last season, playing in 34 of 66 games.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... _With_Jazz
Kobe8Fan

Postby PiNOYLaKERSFaN on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm

^^ Don't want him, would rather have Barbosa.
PiNOYLaKERSFaN

Postby JSM on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:02 am

If we wanted another perimeter defender, I'd rather bring back Barnes or make a play for Pietrus than even speak to Tinkerbell.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am

Yeah screw this guy. He turned his nose to Kobe 3 years ago and signed with the Jazz. Let him go rot over there.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:48 am

Still want a young, strong PG to backup Nash rather than Blake, Duhon, Morris.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm

couldnt find the jaminson thread. but if only ramon sessions stayed here our bench would be awesome.

Ariza3

Postby 24K GOLD on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Bell can't even defend a chair right now.
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

24K GOLD

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 pm

For some reason I thought that Utah had already parted ways with Babybel since last season.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Apparently Pietrus has signed with "someone"....

Pietrus close to signing?
3:41
PM ET
Mickael Pietrus | Celtics
RECOMMEND1COMMENTS0EMAIL

It seems like forever that we've been speculating about possible landing spots for free agent wing Mickael Pietrus. Soon, we could finally have our answer.

Darren Wolfson of 5 Eyewitness News in Minneapolis tweets today that while there is nothing new to report as far as the Timberwolves' chances with Pietrus goes, the French swingman's camp "says they think they're close to a deal with someone."

Which team could it be? It's tough to say. The Clippers reportedly will add Matt Barnes, so that rules them out. Boston no longer has the money to afford him. This is pure speculation, but a darkhorse here could be Charlotte. The Bobcats have shown interest in Antawn Jamison, Josh Howard, Tracy McGrady and Ryan Gomes this summer, and may the team willing to give Pietrus the money he wants to get him to sign on the dotted line.

- Joe Kaiser

Lakers :man1:

Either he got paid and is on some garbage team or he didn't get paid and went to some garbage team. Either way imminence people we have imminence.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Pietrus would be nice. We could then just package Ebanks out of here since so many people would rather replace him. I wouldn't mind.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:39 am

Yeah Pietrus would sure be nice to get. If not, that's fine too. I've been with the crowd that says we should give Ebanks a real chance this year and finally see what we have with him.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:16 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Yeah Pietrus would sure be nice to get. If not, that's fine too. I've been with the crowd that says we should give Ebanks a real chance this year and finally see what we have with him.

I'm with you man. A lot of people aren't into the idea of Ebanks for whatever reason, but I think he's going to do a solid job. We've held onto him now for two years. It's time to see if the development is there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:51 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Yeah Pietrus would sure be nice to get. If not, that's fine too. I've been with the crowd that says we should give Ebanks a real chance this year and finally see what we have with him.

Wow if Pietrus is still available I'd grab him ASAP. No offense to Ebanks but Pietrus has tons of playoff experience, he can hit the 3.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:58 am

Anyone have Pietrus defensive stats vs Wade/Lebron/Melo/Durant/Kobe?
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby last stand on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:11 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Anyone have Pietrus defensive stats vs Wade/Lebron/Melo/Durant/Kobe?

no but i can tell you his defensive rating is better than barnes. and he's not a fake thug, technical machine, no shot making, poor defending, limited player either
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Josh Howard To The Spurs?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:52 am

Josh Howard To The Spurs?

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Free agent forward Josh Howard to visit Spurs on Monday, source tells Y! Sports.

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 6645008385
Kobe8Fan

Postby Center Court on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Pietrus would really complete our bench...

Hill
Jamison
Pietrus/Ebanks
Meeks
Blake

:jam2:
Center Court

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Oh man.. Hope we're the ones that landed Pietrus..

Upgrades:

Sessions to Nash
Bynum to Dwight
McRoberts to Jamison
Blake (backup SG minutes) to Meeks

Now Barnes to Pietrus?

Wow what an offseason.. Mitch follows that up with Blake + Ebanks for a stud backup PG.
lakersin4

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:25 pm

watching the videos in the barnes appreciation thread im actually looking forward to seeing ebanks play backup sf. i dont think we need to spend money and get a sf. he had solid games when given minutes. he hustled, played good d, was lost a little bit sometimes but thats correctable, shot that midrange and close shots well, cut to the basket and finished, hes athletic and young, and still improving.

i like him and hope that when the season starts hes still the backup sf and sharing minutes only with metta. also watching those videos (especially barnes near trip-doub against the mavs) metta was looking good in that game and was attacking. if hes in better shape it should be a great thing to see.

i think at the SF spot with a new and improved (better than towards the end of the reg season) metta plus ebanks backing him up who was solid for us last season when given minutes and now hopefully improved a bit and now has a definite role, should thrive. i think were set at the SF spot and dont want ebanks to be shafted again this season. i think he'll be great filling in for metta on the bench
Ariza3

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Ariza3 wrote:watching the videos in the barnes appreciation thread im actually looking forward to seeing ebanks play backup sf. i dont think we need to spend money and get a sf. he had solid games when given minutes. he hustled, played good d, was lost a little bit sometimes but thats correctable, shot that midrange and close shots well, cut to the basket and finished, hes athletic and young, and still improving.

i like him and hope that when the season starts hes still the backup sf and sharing minutes only with metta. also watching those videos (especially barnes near trip-doub against the mavs) metta was looking good in that game and was attacking. if hes in better shape it should be a great thing to see.

i think at the SF spot with a new and improved (better than towards the end of the reg season) metta plus ebanks backing him up who was solid for us last season when given minutes and now hopefully improved a bit and now has a definite role, should thrive. i think were set at the SF spot and dont want ebanks to be shafted again this season. i think he'll be great filling in for metta on the bench

It's not like we'd break the bank for Pietrus. We're either signing him for the minimum or not at all. Why can't we have both guys? It's not like Ron is going to be around a whole lot longer. & of course the possibility that guys will be seeing alot of garbage time this year.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 pm

^ Because there's no clear depth chart if they're both here. Just like Derek Fisher had to be traded when we acquired Sessions. There has to be a clear order or Mike Brown will get confused.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion