Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby LooN3y on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 pm

upset we didnt get air france, upset that we should of kept barnes (better than ebanks)

floor spacing SF thats worth getting whos let? and bell isnt going to solve any of our problems and if he goes on a shooting drought, hes basically useless than. and he doesnt have a natural shooting stroke either.

but would bell be better than ebanks? at the expense of mediocre defense? who knows.

i would say CDR, but damn man im not sure if we have the patience nor the time to give another Rook/3rd string type SF a chance.

as for west he'd be great, but wtf happens when everyone gets healthy?

how many undersized/PG backcourt players are we going to have?

Nash/Meeks/West/Duhon/Blake/Morris

thats just ridiculous, and i dont think anyone would take blake, maybe duhon since hes proved he can till play.

but we should definitely cut morris
LooN3y

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:31 am

Today the trade pool opens up, as guys who signed or were traded over the summer can go on the block.

Of course, Gasol should be traded to help our depth and for guys who fit MDA's offense. But we will wait for Nash to play with Gasol, even though we all know that Gasol is a mental midget. I am still mad that he CHOSE to sit when the team needed him the most these past weeks.

Anyway, time to upgrade from Morris, Ebanks, Clark, and Duhon. Some how. Some way.

To me, if they won't move Gasol (which is stupid), when Nash is back this week, cut Morris, sign West, Trade Duhon and Ebanks to Wash for Ariza (who wants out).

Or, find a spot for Jordan Hill (who I like, but MDA won't play), for another wing defender/shooter.

Who are reasonable SF targets out there???????????????????

Ariza
Prince
Derek Williams (tweener PF/SF - but would be perfect next to Dwight)
????
tigerjeterkobe

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:44 am

khmrP wrote:great more old guys who dont play D.

Raja still plays D.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby nickvanexel on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:45 am

I don't think Ariza would like to come off the bench after MWP, or become a Laker again.
nickvanexel

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:26 am

nickvanexel wrote:I don't think Ariza would like to come off the bench after MWP, or become a Laker again.

Erroneous!!

Really, you think he would rather play limited minutes for the Wizards than play with Nash, Dwight, Kobe and Gasol in LA LA Land?? He would get 20-25 minutes a game behind Ron and Kobe. And I think he would bring more focus and energy from Ron because Ron would be playing less minutes and worried about his spot.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 am

Fisher with 20 points (5-8 FG 3-5 3PT) tonight. wow.
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:59 am

trodgers wrote:
khmrP wrote:great more old guys who dont play D.

Raja still plays D.

I haven't notice with his recent career in Utah, maybe in the past
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:59 pm

John Ireland just said on 710 Lakers are making calls around the league trying to get another shooter

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:01 pm

The Rock wrote:John Ireland just said on 710 Lakers are making calls around the league trying to get another shooter

wow, as if we dont already jack up a bunch of 3's :man10:, would've been nice had we picked up Novak 2 season ago when he was on waivers, he would've survvied even potatoe head offense.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

khmrP wrote:
The Rock wrote:John Ireland just said on 710 Lakers are making calls around the league trying to get another shooter

wow, as if we dont already jack up a bunch of 3's :man10:, would've been nice had we picked up Novak 2 season ago when he was on waivers, he would've survvied even potatoe head offense.

we dont have an alternative to MWP at the 3. He's playing well at the 4 but he wont find many mins there with Hill and Pau returning soon so if Ron's struggling we need another swingman there

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:04 pm

They're probably trying to find someone to replace Devin Ebanks. Not that they necessarily NEED another shooter, but hey you might as well go for it with this team/coach.

I wonder who they'd let go of though. Morris and Ebanks have no trade clauses, DJO is tearing it up in the D-League, Sacre is our insurance, so maybe Clark? Or Duhon?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Morris/Clark/Ebanks should all go IMO but who want these 3?
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:11 pm

therealdeal wrote:They're probably trying to find someone to replace Devin Ebanks. Not that they necessarily NEED another shooter, but hey you might as well go for it with this team/coach.

I wonder who they'd let go of though. Morris and Ebanks have no trade clauses, DJO is tearing it up in the D-League, Sacre is our insurance, so maybe Clark? Or Duhon?

Duhon is no go at this point. He's easily proven that he's a capable backup PG for Nash, and Nash isn't even back yet. We can't afford to let him go.

Clark? Sure.

I still think Ebanks could be fine if plays SF, not SG or PF. But given his DUI and inconsistent play I get it. Could Bell play SF?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:22 pm

We need out of town shooters, always get out of town shooters......

At least that's what the bad guy in, "Four Brothers", said. How that translates to this scenario, I don't really know.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Well the thing is we've got a full roster right now. The only way we make moves to get anyone is if we free up space. Unfortunately there's a few issues:

1. Nash, Howard, Kobe, Artest are either immovable or we wouldn't dare trade them.
2. Ebanks and Morris have no trade clauses basically and while Morris might say yes, I get the feeling Ebanks wouldn't (he specifically signed in a way to make him stay in Los Angeles).
3. Duhon and Blake are valuable as depth and not really valuable to anyone else.
4. The only remaining assets that can be moved easily are Sacre, DJO, Clark, and Jordan Hill.

We have to clear space somehow, but if we start waiving people we lose potential trade assets... moving things around will be difficult for this roster unless we start waiving guys. And I don't know if Bell could play SF, but I think he could about as well as can be expected. But I'd prefer someone else over him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

The only shooter out there who can play a little bit of SG/SF/PF and might be available is Linas Kleiza. He has a reasonable contract $4.6 mil this year and next year.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby socallakerlove on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 pm

I wouldn't think Martell Webster would be that hard to get. Think he is on a minimum deal.
socallakerlove

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm

socallakerlove wrote:I wouldn't think Martell Webster would be that hard to get. Think he is on a minimum deal.

Well he's dumb as a brick and he's actually starting over in Washington right now. I think he'd be harder to get than we'd like AND I don't know if I'd want him. I'd really love if CDR could come available, but it seems unlikely.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:35 pm

socallakerlove wrote:I wouldn't think Martell Webster would be that hard to get. Think he is on a minimum deal.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Well he's dumb as a brick and he's actually starting over in Washington right now. I think he'd be harder to get than we'd like AND I don't know if I'd want him. I'd really love if CDR could come available, but it seems unlikely.

he's starting cause Ariza is hurt not because he's better than the next guy but I'm sure we'd have to give Wiz some more incentive then just Clark and or any of the turds we want to dump. But if not him what bout that other Wiz that was lighting us up Cartie Martin? Wonder if he could be had.

-side note how bout Cassipi? Maybe Clev could use Clark/Ebanks?
Last edited by khmrP on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Just like Morris and Ebanks I think Webster has to approve a trade since hes on a minimum deal. But if the Wiz were to trade him I think they'd ask us to take one of their bad contracts and we cant

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

he's starting cause Ariza is hurt not because he's better than the next guy but I'm sure we'd have to give Wiz some more incentive then just Clark and or any of the turds we want to dump.

But he's also outplaying Ariza, so he might stay starting even if/when Ariza comes back. :man10:

either way we all agree, he'll be harder to get than we'd like.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby socallakerlove on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Just throwing out a name. We can all fantasize about every player that could be a fit...it actually happening is another scenario. I thought we should have signed Martell in the offseason. While I like CDR a lot, Martell is much more athletic and a better 3 point shooter.

But Ireland's statement seems pretty "no duh".
socallakerlove

Postby socallakerlove on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Took me a sec but well played sir. :man9:
socallakerlove

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 am

So we were about to sign Delonte West but because of our recent "2 game winning streak" we decided to wait until Nash gets back and how Gasol fits in? I would have much rather lost those 3 games if it meant signing someone like Delonte West. You kidding me? How do you NOT try and improve the roster? :bang:
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion