Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby juninho on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 am

with d12,gasol,mwp and jamison there is no room for jordan hill. He has some trade value. we can trade just him or with one of blake or duhon.
juninho

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:55 am

hill is a good insurance guy,

but with that said anyone that doesnt think our bench has talent is on crack. look at our bench last year.

meeks 3 point sharp shooter, who isnt a dumbfrack, hill a solid forward center solid defensively and solid offensively, jamison you already know what he does 15-20 (15 more since hes coming off the bench and just a role player) pt player any given night,

and besides that duhon has been more than good, hes been great, his production (i say this because their different type of PGs) is what we expected from blake but never got.

in a perfect world we would of had sessions coming off the bench, but this is better than what we can ask for,

they're just not being utilized right, and we though this was going to change with mike brown gone, but we just got a slightly better mike, and its still the same.

and anybody thinking we would be in the same situation if we had PJ is on crack, PJ taking a player out for a lack of defense means much more than when MDA does it, same goes goes for offense, same goes for ANY TYPE OF MESSAGE that is SENT
LooN3y

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 am

Boston needs a center

Minny wants Pau

Let's make it work.....

Lakers trade - Pau/Duhon
Lakers get - Lee / Bass / DWill / Barea

Minny trades - Pek / DWill / Barea
Minny gets - Pau

Boston trades - Lee / Bass
Boston gets - Pek / Duhon

Nash / Barea
Meeks / Lee
Kobe / DWill
MWP / Bass / Jamison
D12 / Hill
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Gasol isn’t the only player the Lakers have explored moving, sources near the situation say the Lakers would like to open up a roster spot to add a new player or two so don’t be surprised if guys like Jordan Hill, Devin Ebanks, Darius Morris or Darius Johnson-Odom are moved in exchange for a backup point guard or a second round draft pick in order to open a spot for the Lakers to sign one. - Steve Kyler, Hoopsworld
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 pm

There's a backup PG just sitting in free agency right now... Waive Ebanks and go get him if you really want him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Mmm Hill cant be traded until Jan 15

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Josh Howard just went down for Minny with a season ending ACL injury..they're waiving him before his contract becomes guaranteed. They need a 2/3 and are possibly looking at Redd.

If there's any smoke to the Pau to Minny rumors, then here's yet another log to throw to the fire. Ebanks sounds like a guy that Minny could welcome in a trade.

With Adelman who has worked well in centering an offense around great passing big men (Vlade and CWebb), Pau would be much better utilized there instead of what D'Antoni is doing with him here. Obviously there is the Spaniard connection too with Rubio.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:25 pm

No question Minny wants Pau. It's a matter of what we get in return.
borri

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Unless Minny is willing to part with K-Love for some reason or AK47 and Williams... I'd say pass. Not because I don't like Pekovic, but because he doesn't fit with us at all.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Alan Anderson, random NBA scrub figure journey-man that could or could not turn out to be legit. He came into the league around 05, then he went overseas. He recently came back to the league by signing with the Raptors. Athletic swingman that can hit the 3. He was touted for his defensive prowess before he was drafted. I think he could be a decent bench player and he could possibly pass a starter playing with Kobe Bryant, Pau, Nash and Dwight. Hell, Darius Morris looks decent sometimes when he's playing with those guys. They could use the Jason Kapono trade exception, which fits his exact salary for this year.

Last edited by Greatest of All Time on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:12 pm

therealdeal wrote:Unless Minny is willing to part with K-Love for some reason or AK47 and Williams... I'd say pass. Not because I don't like Pekovic, but because he doesn't fit with us at all.

I say AK47, Ridnour, Williams and draft picks ... that would be good. I think Mitch could probably squeeze more out of Minny. Salaries of Pau and a throw in player match with those three Minny players.

I love Pau and wonder if the Lakers could get more.

Btw, real ... I think there should be one day every year where you post just pictures. I love your insights but miss the pics! :man10:
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:19 pm

LooN3y wrote:hill is a good insurance guy,

but with that said anyone that doesnt think our bench has talent is on crack. look at our bench last year.

meeks 3 point sharp shooter, who isnt a dumbfrack, hill a solid forward center solid defensively and solid offensively, jamison you already know what he does 15-20 (15 more since hes coming off the bench and just a role player) pt player any given night,

and besides that duhon has been more than good, hes been great, his production (i say this because their different type of PGs) is what we expected from blake but never got.

in a perfect world we would of had sessions coming off the bench, but this is better than what we can ask for,

they're just not being utilized right, and we though this was going to change with mike brown gone, but we just got a slightly better mike, and its still the same.

and anybody thinking we would be in the same situation if we had PJ is on crack, PJ taking a player out for a lack of defense means much more than when MDA does it, same goes goes for offense, same goes for ANY TYPE OF MESSAGE that is SENT

^^ This all day. I'm sick of that excuse - "the bench sucks." No the coaches suck because they aren't using the players well. Brown was terrible at it. Antoni is being a moron. There's nothing at all wrong with Duhon, Meeks, Jamison and Hill. The one guy who fell short is Ebanks. But Brown never developed him and Antoni is using him as a PF(???!!! :bang:). On top of that Ebanks shot himself in the foot with that DUI. So they should have dropped him like a hot potato and gone after Pietrus. They can still drop him and go after CDR and they should. But Ebanks is the only weak spot right now. Even Morris has value as a defender and corner three point shooter. We have a capable bench other than at SF. Fix that and we should be good. I hate all this roster change talk right now. It annoys me to no end.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Unless Minny is willing to part with K-Love for some reason or AK47 and Williams... I'd say pass. Not because I don't like Pekovic, but because he doesn't fit with us at all.

I say AK47, Ridnour, Williams and draft picks ... that would be good. I think Mitch could probably squeeze more out of Minny. Salaries of Pau and a throw in player match with those three Minny players.

I love Pau and wonder if the Lakers could get more.

Btw, real ... I think there should be one day every year where you post just pictures. I love your insights but miss the pics! :man10:

I don't know if they'd give us that much, but that'd be pretty much awesome.

And I'd be down for that if we could agree on a date :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 am

Doc Brown wrote:Boston needs a center

Minny wants Pau

Let's make it work.....

Lakers trade - Pau/Duhon

Minny gets - Pau

Nash / Barea
Meeks / Lee
Kobe / DWill
MWP / Bass / Jamison

I sure hope Mitch wouldn't be stupid enough to trade Pau for Boston's garbage, a bust, and a midget. I also hope he wouldn't be dumb enough to give up the flexibility of having cap space by taking on an additional ~$17 million guaranteed in 2014-2015 when Dwight (presumably) and Nash are the only guaranteed contracts going into that season. That would almost be as dumb as Houston sending Parsons to the Lakers or the Jazz sending Millsap...
Greatest of All Time

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:09 am

Greatest of All Time wrote:That would almost be as dumb as Houston sending Parsons to the Lakers or the Jazz sending Millsap...

You might want to try and get some better bait to throw out there if you want to catch something.
Doc Brown

Postby Greatest of All Time on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Greatest of All Time

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Try again....

Doc Brown

Postby Greatest of All Time on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 pm

This was much pretty much the gist of our last conversation a couple weeks ago...

Mike Brown wrote:Of course I didn't, I saw a ridiculously lopsided awful trade and skipped your spam memoir about how it was fair for everyone.

Greatest of All Time wrote:I'd love to hear your superior trade ideas. Can you share please? I want to learn what constitutes a fair trade. Please share your wisdom with me.

but I never got a response because you went to go see the Dodger game

then I saw

Mike Brown wrote:Boston needs a center

Minny wants Pau

Let's make it work.....

Lakers trade - Pau/Duhon

Minny gets - Pau

Nash / Barea
Meeks / Lee
Kobe / DWill
MWP / Bass / Jamison

Greatest of All Time

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Nice Mike Brown name, that's original, what's next dumb dumb doo doo head?

Went to see the Dodgers game? WHAT A DISS!!!

Step your game up holmes.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:44 am

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:28 pm

FISHER ASKED TO BE WAIVED?! MAVS SIGN CDR?! Bring him back to LA at least as a locker room presence or assistant to coaching staff.

“@derekfisher: In Tuesday's game against Philadelphia I suffered an injury to my patellar tendon. The recovery time will be approximately 2 weeks.”

“@derekfisher: With this news & the difficulty I have been having being away from my family I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home.”

“@KevinDing: Mavericks parting ways with Derek Fisher and signing Chris Douglas-Roberts, who had moments for Lakers in training camp (via @ESPNSteinLine)”

“@derekfisher: Mark Cuban has been extremely supportive and has granted me this request. I cannot say enough good things about this organization.”

“@derekfisher: From Mark, to Coach Carlisle, to the players on the Mavericks team, I sincerely thank them for the opportunity.”
Ariza3

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Meh. I like D. Fish, a lot. I really respect him as a person. But I think Duhon and Morris give us more. And I would like to see what MDA can do with DJO's speed and athleticism in this offense. If we had a roster spot, sure. Since we don't, I say no.

Not to mention, this is the second time that he requested a release from his contract, and was accomodated.

Weird. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe pushes for him and we sign him in late January after we move Hill, Blake, and/or Ebanks.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:57 pm

ya i can see us signing him more for his leadership etc after all our trades are done, if there is any, and we have less PG's in the rotation. I would expect Duhon to be moved out of all the PG's as Dantoni likes Morris' D and is for some reason in love with Blake and and has wanted to coach him for 10 years.

Hope Hill stays. Dfish on the bench would be solid. doesn't need to play much but certain matchups i can see him still being useful esp for our locker room and unity
Ariza3

Postby Center Court on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:51 pm

please sign Fish... not because we can use him on the court. but because I think he's the one person who can get inside Kobe's head and bridge that with what other teammates are thinking/feeling. Even if he doesn't play a second of basketball, still would be a great addition to the locker room. I'd think he'd be great with Dwight too and trying to make him as comfortable as possible.
Center Court

Postby revgen on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:59 pm

^Then hire him as an assistant coach.

Fish is not suited to play in a D'Antoni system. Neither is Morris either, but at least Morris can play defense.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion