Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby sina on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:55 am

Pau for Pekovic/Williams, Kirilenko, Ridnour and Shved?
sina

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:You're right about the system or lack thereof & our lame-duck coach. It's a disaster. That's one of the reasons we're not making the PO's, IMO. However, there was a reason that people said that team had talent, "on paper." Pau has declined since Phil left in 2011. Whether it's healthy, fear of being traded, or whatever the case may be, the Pau that we won with will never resurface.

He may look good on offense for a stretch of games but his defense was putrid. It's not that he wasn't making the effort; I believe he was but his body has slowed down tremendously. Even with the Triangle, Pau would have struggled with his health. There is no system that could have helped with that.

"Dwight highlighted in the post," as you said is not the most efficient way to get Dwight easy looks at the rim. He's not a very good in straight 1 on 1 post-ups. It would have made Dwight happy to be highlighted; I just don't think he's most effective in that capacity offensively, IMO.

We do need another coach, though. We also need changes within this roster to get a little younger & more athletic, IMO...

This... While I don't like the MDA signing, this roster doesn't fit w/ Phil either... D12/Pau cannot play together, and the difference with Odom and Jamison is night and day... D12 at the post is a horrible idea... Even on paper, the team is not really great when you look at it... With this roster, I wanted Sloan or Adelman...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:47 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:so i dont really get the point of requesting the disabled player exception if we're not going to use it. does it have any monetary benefit if we don't sign someone/trade for someone with it?

yea I like to know was there any benefit either for the injury exception minus the obvious. But FO has let countless exception expire over the years though so I wouldn't be surprised if we dont even use this injury exception, there was an exception from Walton trade last year too but I think thats gona expire soon.
khmrP

Postby trodgers on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 am

Arenas looks like he's tearing it up there...had some thirty and forty point games. I can't believe he's not in the NBA.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 am

trodgers wrote:Arenas looks like he's tearing it up there...had some thirty and forty point games. I can't believe he's not in the NBA.

wouldn't that be eqiuvalent of doing it in the Dleague though?
khmrP

Celtics Sign Terrence Williams To 10-Day Contract

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 am

Celtics Sign Terrence Williams To 10-Day Contract

gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe

NBA source tells Globe the #celtics are strongly considering signing former New Jersey Net swingman Terrence Williams to 10-day contract

https://twitter.com/GwashNBAGlobe/statu ... 5951794177

Williams has played with three NBA teams and most recently China, considered a head case in past but has talent #celtics

https://twitter.com/GwashNBAGlobe/statu ... 1621572609

Assuming Doc Rivers spoke to 3 people about Terrence Williams: Avery Bradley, Jet Terry (seattle ties), close friend Avery Johnson #celtics

https://twitter.com/GwashNBAGlobe/statu ... 7602206720

Terrence Williams signing is a done deal according to #celtics source

https://twitter.com/GwashNBAGlobe/statu ... 1641401344
Kobe8Fan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Why didn't we do that?...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Would you move dwight, meeks, morris, and hill or laldrige and batum?
Pig Miller

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:10 pm

Mitch must know something we don't about T-Will, cuz he's made perfect sense for us every time he's been available this season. I really wouldn't mind T-Mac. He looked good recently in ATL. Obviously he's limited at his age but his handles & ability to playmake still seemed sharp. I'd rather have him out there for 10 minutes than ever see Ron play 40 minutes again.
lakersin4

Postby jayloot on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 pm

I'd like to get Tyreke Evans. Not sure what we'd have to give up to get him right now, but he's only 23. If we could get Nash to retire, I think he'd be a huge upgrade.
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!
jayloot

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Pig Miller wrote:Would you move dwight, meeks, morris, and hill or laldrige and batum?

I would in a second if we could throw something in other than Hill, but many here would say that would hurt us defensively as Aldridge is an offensive player above all else. I couldn't disagree with that, but I think Aldridge is a great player and I love Batum's game, and he would add some defense.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Pig Miller wrote:Would you move dwight, meeks, morris, and hill or laldrige and batum?

Why are we giving up so much? No way.

We're giving them Dwight Howard for God's sake.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Why are we giving up so much? No way.

We're giving them Dwight Howard for God's sake.

ask em for Lilliard too :man10:
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Dwight for Batum & LMA is a great deal for us. Batum is one of the best wing defenders in the game today. LMA & Pau would have no problem co-existing as they both have jumpers.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:59 pm

jayloot wrote:I'd like to get Tyreke Evans. Not sure what we'd have to give up to get him right now, but he's only 23. If we could get Nash to retire, I think he'd be a huge upgrade.

why would he be an upgrade? He's not a PG, he's a ball dominant guard, you'd think the kings would make him one seeing as how he avg. those #'s in his rookie year but kind of disturbing they keep try to move him to the 2 and then the 3.
khmrP

Postby trodgers on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 pm

khmrP wrote:
trodgers wrote:Arenas looks like he's tearing it up there...had some thirty and forty point games. I can't believe he's not in the NBA.

wouldn't that be eqiuvalent of doing it in the Dleague though?

I don't know the level of competition. I'm not really looking at his numbers in China though. I'm looking at a guy who is only 31 and averaged 23 a game three years ago. Crazy that he's not in the NBA.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm

pau being injured really makes things complicated if we want to want to try and aquire josh smith.

minny wants pau, but they also want to make the playoffs. they can't have love and pau out, and trade away their only big left, pekovic, who would probably be their centerpiece trade asset.

this is also banking on the idea that atlanta will take a package like pekovic, derrick willilams, filler...better than having smooth walk away for nothing right?

lakers would again shake up the rotation again, clark may have to play backup C/SF with jamison playing lights out right now at the 4. but it's not like we can be any worse right?
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:55 pm

I'd be more than happy to give Pau Gasol to Minnesota....that will cost you Kevin Love, David Kahn. That's non-negotiable!

I don't want Derrick Williams!
LAKEROC

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:58 pm

^ Minny's chances of the playoffs are less than ours and ours are swiftly fading.

However, I do think they target Pau this summer. Expiring contract so they can let him walk if it doesn't work out. Plus, they love him over there so they'd appreciate him the way he might deserve.

I think the Lakers go after Love this summer with Gasol's contract. Not only does Minny love Gasol and want him there, but they don't want to dedicate to Love. If Gasol doesn't work out the way they thought, he can just expire and leave. If he does, they can bring him back likely for cheap. Love meanwhile fits like a glove next to Howard.

If that falls through, then I think they might go after your idea: Smith. They might try to send Gasol to Minny and then have pieces moved to Atlanta for Smith.

Either way I think they use Gasol to find Howard's running mate.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:18 pm

^^^You can't wait for the off-season to get Smith, it would involve a sign and trade of Smith something the new CBA would limit us from doing unless we clear a whole bunch of salary and get under the tax threhold.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 pm

^ Yes, although I think Minny is better off with Pekovic/Love than Gasol/Love which is what they want to experiment with. If we can land Love for Gasol, I'm all for it, but I don't think Pekovic/Gasol would be an ideal lineup for Minny already seeing how Gasol can't "exist" as the PF.

Pekovic/DWill would be a great package for Gasol, may have to throw in AK, which I'm for. Josh Smith to LA is a no brainer with AK tagging, and ATL receiving a rising star in Pek and a player who may need a change of scenery to blossom in DWill.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Lakers trade - Pau / Duhon / Ebanks
Lakers get - Smith / Zaza / Morrow

Minny trades - Pek / AK / Ridnour
Minny gets - Pau / Duhon / Ebanks (Minny can tank and get a nice draft pick)

Atlanta trades - Smith / Zaza / Morrow
Atlanta gets - Pek / AK / Ridnour (Better than the Humphries/Brooks offer that they've gotten for him)
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 pm

I don't want Smith, glad he will likely get traded elsewhere before Thursday's Trade Deadline.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 pm

I don't see us making any big trade.
JLaker17

Postby kenzo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:08 pm

JLaker17 wrote:I don't see us making any big trade.

Yep. Pau is much more valuable next season :man12:
kenzo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion