Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 am

if lebron doesnt go back to the cavs, one day kyrie will be a laker. mark my words.

that kids mentality is exactly what kobe's is. he'd want the lakers' big stage and one day he'll be there...im positive.
Ariza3

Corey Maggette Will Not Seek Buyout From Pistons

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 am

Corey Maggette will not seek a buyout of the remainder of his contract with the Detroit Pistons.

"No, not at all," Maggette said. "I don't even know how it works."

Maggette hasn’t seen game action since Dec. 15.

"I like management here and I'm still able to help the young guys, that's been my MO with this season," Maggette said. "I haven't played, it's part of what happens sometimes. You know me, I've been positive about that. I haven't thought about getting a buyout."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013 ... 1127/rss13
Kobe8Fan

Re: Corey Maggette Will Not Seek Buyout From Pistons

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am

Kobe8Fan wrote:

Corey Maggette will not seek a buyout of the remainder of his contract with the Detroit Pistons.

"No, not at all," Maggette said. "I don't even know how it works."

Maggette hasn’t seen game action since Dec. 15.

"I like management here and I'm still able to help the young guys, that's been my MO with this season," Maggette said. "I haven't played, it's part of what happens sometimes. You know me, I've been positive about that. I haven't thought about getting a buyout."

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2013 ... 1127/rss13

of course he doesn't know how it works, he dont care bout winning he cares bout the $$$$$$$$$$$ :man10:
khmrP

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:37 am

The Cavaliers and Omri Casspi appear to be working on a buyout. I always thought he was a pretty intriguing player when he was with the Kings. I would be willing to send someone like Ebanks packing to give him a shot. Maybe he could regain his shooting touch here?
Frank Dux

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:50 am

^ Hmmm.....that dude rubs me the wrong way. Can he defend?

If he can, sure...let's throw $1M at him. He's 6'9...but I have a feeling he can't defend. He's also been atrocious this season.

I'm pretty sure Luke Walton gets more burn than him.
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:00 pm

Eh. With Hill back, we don't even need number 2 that badly.

Clark/Jamison
Howard/Hill/Sacre

That's actually a nice looking front court. Maybe one more body, but nothing more than a minimum body.[/quote]
It is in a vacuum, but I was thinking more along the lines of a shot blocker. Hill's never averaged 1.0 blocks per game.

We also have to note that Hill never played a full 82 games. The closest he got was 72, and that was once. The rest of the times he played less than 50 games (one year was a lockout).

Since Clark and Jamison are 3/4's, and Dwight is a 5. I think we could do with at least 1 other 4/5 player. Minimum player would be ideal....but if I were the Lakers I'd spend a few mil to ensure that we can compete with injuries.

Imagine Dwight goes down, we don't want to really on Sacre & Jamison/Clark/Minimum big to be our front court do we?

Even a guy like Turiaf would be fine.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Well Turiaf is a minimum guy though.

I just think there's bigs to be had for the minimum that I'd be fine with as insurance. And I think Hill kind of fits into the new idea of a C: quicker and athletic, but still a rebounder.

I think he hasn't averaged a block yet because he hasn't really gotten the chance. He was a pretty good help defender this season and he's got a lot of room to grow, like Clark.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Frank Dux wrote:The Cavaliers and Omri Casspi appear to be working on a buyout. I always thought he was a pretty intriguing player when he was with the Kings. I would be willing to send someone like Ebanks packing to give him a shot. Maybe he could regain his shooting touch here?

I like Casspi too... scrappy, tenacious, energy player that doesn't back down. I thought in Sacramento he played extremely well and had Thabo type potential. Not sure why it has not worked out in Cle, but I think he'd be a great late season pickup. He can defend and shoot at a decent level
Center Court

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:23 pm

so its a lil bit ahead of a look but we do have 2 2nd picks this year, thoughts? Do package them to move up to get a talent we want or is this draft so bad that it wont matter? Or do we cont. the trend and just pick 2 random bozo's and they make the team :man10:
khmrP

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Marc Stein: Word is Raja Bell buyout in Utah will continue to be discussed up to Friday's 11:59 PM ET deadline but Lakers NOT most likely destination. Raja Bell certainly fits, given that Kobe/Nash/D'Antoni rank as three of his biggest fans, but Lakes NOT eager to add to $100 mil payroll.

It looks like we're standing pat....deadline for players seeking buyouts to join playoff teams is 11:59pm ET tomorrow. They can sign with the teams at any time before the playoffs starts, but they must either be waived or bought out by tomorrow's deadline.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Can we buyout Morris? Ugh.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby XXIV on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Can we buyout Morris? Ugh.

Why? If we hadn't bought him out yet it doesn't seem likely it'll be done now. Also, we already have an open roster spot.
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 pm

After all this, Bell will be bought out and he'll go to the Heat or Clippers.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Can we buyout Morris? Ugh.

I would rather buyout Ebanks. That dude is a total dink. Morris sucks, but he's a good dude, and he works hard.
Frank Dux

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Just going online now: ESPN sources say Bulls in talks to sign Louis Amundson. Decision on veteran power forward expected Friday
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Sorry guys but if we were going to get him we would have a long time ago.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Im convinced the Laker FO doesnt give a rip if we win this year or not and theyre just gonna put the onus on this $100 mil payroll to get it done. We are desperate at backup C and SF and they do nothing. They probably believe these small moves wont make a difference in winning a championship or not so why waste the $. SMDH

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0301-bits-bulls-76ers-chicago--20130301,0,475486.story

All aboard: All signs point to the Bulls winning a four-team race and signing Lou Amundson to a 10-day contract on Saturday, bringing their roster to the maximum 15 players. Amundson, who was waived by the Timberwolves on Feb. 8, would be big-man insurance while Taj Gibson remains sidelined with a sprained MCL in his left knee. The Heat, Celtics and Knicks also are in the mix for Amundson. - See more at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... IYBDc.dpuf

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:22 pm

They have a payroll of ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS. They've done their job. This team will either win it or not the way it's built.

I don't blame them at all for not wanting to add more players to this team.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Just going online now: ESPN sources say Bulls in talks to sign Louis Amundson. Decision on veteran power forward expected Friday
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Damn. I wanted Amundson here.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 pm

I know our payroll is high, but Amundson would be a drop in the bucket and we need a big. The bulls have a need and are going to fill it, we should have as well.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 pm

I"m not disagreeing, but if you look at it from the Lakers' perspective...

They've spent more money than anyone else this season and this team has said over and over that they need time to gel. They need time together. I think the last thing you want to do then is throw another body in there. Couple that with the fact that we're spending a ton of money and I don't blame them for not wanting to "waste" the money on a team that hasn't given the team/fans what we deserve.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Weezy wrote:I know our payroll is high, but Amundson would be a drop in the bucket and we need a big. The bulls have a need and are going to fill it, we should have as well.

Agreed.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:I"m not disagreeing, but if you look at it from the Lakers' perspective...

They've spent more money than anyone else this season and this team has said over and over that they need time to gel. They need time together. I think the last thing you want to do then is throw another body in there. Couple that with the fact that we're spending a ton of money and I don't blame them for not wanting to "waste" the money on a team that hasn't given the team/fans what we deserve.

Yes, but we do have the injured player exemption from Hill, so how is this adding payroll?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 pm

I am looking at it from their perspective and I still don't get it. We're talking probably hundreds of thousands for Lou, maybe that to 2 mil tops. We also play 8 guys, he'd be 9, off the bench. A hustle guy that doesn't need plays drawn for him, there wouldn't be a lot of need for him to gel, he's a hustle guy that can fit right in. If they don't want this to be a lost season I think they would get help when it's needed. We're beating bad teams yes, but good teams are still owning us, Lou wouldn't be a savior but it's a big to help the bench that we need.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I"m not disagreeing, but if you look at it from the Lakers' perspective...

Yes, but we do have the injured player exemption from Hill, so how is this adding payroll?

We're still responsible for that exemption. We're still on the hook for at least that 1.7 million (without taxes).

The only reason it's special is because of the amount that's freed up. That 1.7 is only available because of Hill's injury. If he didn't get hurt we wouldn't be allowed to spend it.

But that doesn't mean we aren't responsible for that money. That's still almost 2 million before taxes.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion