Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby therealdeal on Sun May 05, 2013 9:32 am

Center Court wrote:

Lol you are really just trying to argue a point that nobody is disagreeing with.
[/quote]
No I'm not. I'm saying we don't need Dunleavy. Some people disagree. I think that's fairly clear to everyone. "Lol" indeed.

Center Court wrote:People are not undervaluing how a team is constructed. What everyone is saying is that in addition to the improvements in the athletic department, we need shooters. Dunleavy is a guy who can stretch the floor and would be possible at the veterans minimum.

I'm sorry, when I said "people" I really just meant whoever used the "Novak" reference undervalues team construction. Our team doesn't need anybody on it whose athleticism rivals your typical high school student. Dunleavy would be great if we had the athletes to make up for his lack of defense and speed. Or do you really think a bench of Blake/Meeks/Dunleavy as our 1-3 is good enough to run and compete with the athletic teams of this league?
Center Court wrote:Shooters
Athletic players (specifically at the PG and the SF)
6th man type scorer

Those are our needs (in no order). Shooters should be easy to find and Dunleavy can be had for cheap (I suspect) and fills one need. Signing him does not, nor should it exclude us getting more athletic.

Oh yeah shooters are easy to find. Shooters like Jodie Meeks, right? Oh wait.

At our price range we're not likely to fill even 2 of those holes with signings. Shooters are in fact harder to find than athletes and likely to be more expensive. Sasha Vujacic got 5 million. Korver got the MLE. If you want reliable shooters, you have to pay for them.

The Lakers BEST bet would be to target athletic guys that can shoot a little bit. You can always develop a jumpshot. You can't develop excellent athleticism.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby C0TT0NCANDY on Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 am

How bout Ben Gordon for the Mini-MLE?
C0TT0NCANDY

Postby Center Court on Sun May 05, 2013 10:08 am

therealdeal wrote:
Center Court wrote:

Lol you are really just trying to argue a point that nobody is disagreeing with.

No I'm not. I'm saying we don't need Dunleavy. Some people disagree. I think that's fairly clear to everyone. "Lol" indeed.

Center Court wrote:People are not undervaluing how a team is constructed. What everyone is saying is that in addition to the improvements in the athletic department, we need shooters. Dunleavy is a guy who can stretch the floor and would be possible at the veterans minimum.

I'm sorry, when I said "people" I really just meant whoever used the "Novak" reference undervalues team construction. Our team doesn't need anybody on it whose athleticism rivals your typical high school student. Dunleavy would be great if we had the athletes to make up for his lack of defense and speed. Or do you really think a bench of Blake/Meeks/Dunleavy as our 1-3 is good enough to run and compete with the athletic teams of this league?
Center Court wrote:Shooters
Athletic players (specifically at the PG and the SF)
6th man type scorer

Those are our needs (in no order). Shooters should be easy to find and Dunleavy can be had for cheap (I suspect) and fills one need. Signing him does not, nor should it exclude us getting more athletic.

Oh yeah shooters are easy to find. Shooters like Jodie Meeks, right? Oh wait.

At our price range we're not likely to fill even 2 of those holes with signings. Shooters are in fact harder to find than athletes and likely to be more expensive. Sasha Vujacic got 5 million. Korver got the MLE. If you want reliable shooters, you have to pay for them.

The Lakers BEST bet would be to target athletic guys that can shoot a little bit. You can always develop a jumpshot. You can't develop excellent athleticism.[/quote]

It is lol indeed. You're completely neglecting what I am saying... If we can get Mike Dunleavy Jr for the Veterans Minimum, we need to do it. It's not to bring him on to be some super 6th man or to replace Ron in the starting 5. It's to have a guy off the bench that can space the floor to give our core guys room to operate. Some nights he may play 5 mins. Some nights he may play 15. if he's incredibly hot, he plays 25. Most the time though, he comes to to give some room for Dwight to operate and becomes. Seeing how Jamison is most likely gone, we need someone who can stretch a little at the 4 position. J Hill will be the primary backup to both Dwight and Pau and if we bring Clark back, he'd be getting mins. Dunleavy is just a shooting threat off the bench. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for your Sasha reference... I've seen you post enough to know that you know CBA. Sasha would never get that contract today. Just like Luke Walton wouldn't and Joe Johsnon wouldn't. Korver earns close to MLE money though. He's more than just a good shooter. Even then, I wouldn't throw him MLE money because, like you said, we need athletes/defenders. He's neither. But Mike, at the vet min, why not.

The Novak reference is merely a comparison. He comes in, spreads the floor and hits the open shots. He's on the bench way more than he plays. But, he's been big for NY because he provides that threat when he's out there.

Meeks is a flop, but we've asked him to be way more than a shooter this year.. I was calling for Foye last offseason so i'm right there with you

I don't know if you think that I think we need to shooters before speed/quickness. That's not the case. I just think we need a healthy dose of both. Miami had all the athletes but lost to Dallas. now they'e loaded with shooters and they can't be stopped. San Antonio has both.
Center Court

Postby therealdeal on Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 am

That's the first time you've posted your point thoroughly, so thank you.

I still think we should pass on Dunleavy unless he's our last addition. Money is tight and we're going to be tied up for the most part. We need to focus elsewhere before we even think of target non-athletes like him.

You're right, shooters would be great. But first I think we need one or two athletic wing players who can spark the team. Ideally we'd go after someone like Dorrell Wright. A guy who can shoot the ball, but can also get up and down the floor effectively. He might be out of the price range, but he's the ideal player we might be able to get to.

Someone like Dunleavy would be nice for depth purposes and because he'd instantly contend as our best shooter, but he'd still only contribute to our lack of defense and our lack of athleticism. This summer we need to go after the best athletes available for the price that can either defend or shoot, but the main ability is still athleticism.

Miami can get away with having shooters around because their Big 3 are all very athletic and all in their primes or close to it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sun May 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Korver & Love.

Korver wants a multi year deal though so idk but $5 mil a year isnt bad. Pau for Love.
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Sun May 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Korver & Love.

Korver wants a multi year deal though so idk but $5 mil a year isnt bad. Pau for Love.

The most we could offer him is around $3 million and I'm not sure that's enough.
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Sun May 05, 2013 5:46 pm

I still don't understand why Minny would give us Love for Pau, but if for some crazy reason they did, it could be one of the only game changing moves I could think of. Love can shoot, board, pass, him next to Dwight would be very nice. Still, can't see it happening unless he demands out or something.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Sun May 05, 2013 6:04 pm

therealdeal wrote:That's the first time you've posted your point thoroughly, so thank you.

I still think we should pass on Dunleavy unless he's our last addition. Money is tight and we're going to be tied up for the most part. We need to focus elsewhere before we even think of target non-athletes like him.

You're right, shooters would be great. But first I think we need one or two athletic wing players who can spark the team. Ideally we'd go after someone like Dorrell Wright. A guy who can shoot the ball, but can also get up and down the floor effectively. He might be out of the price range, but he's the ideal player we might be able to get to.

Someone like Dunleavy would be nice for depth purposes and because he'd instantly contend as our best shooter, but he'd still only contribute to our lack of defense and our lack of athleticism. This summer we need to go after the best athletes available for the price that can either defend or shoot, but the main ability is still athleticism.

Miami can get away with having shooters around because their Big 3 are all very athletic and all in their primes or close to it.

Gotcha...

Dorrell Wright would be a good target for the mMLE but I think we need to try and move Blake/Duhon for Ariza (don't know how Wash feels about that) and then use the mMLE on a backup point. Ideally Nate Rob, but it looks like he's earned bigger money. Maybe Aaron Brooks who's tenure will be done in Houston behind Lin/Beverly.
Center Court

Lakers Need To Improve, A Lot, But Their Options Are Limited

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun May 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Lakers Need To Improve, A Lot, But Their Options Are Limited

By Mike Bresnahan
May 5, 2013, 7:13 p.m.

Poor Lakers. Even if Dwight Howard walks and Metta World Peace gets amnestied, they're still too far over the salary cap to chase any big-name free agents. Silly NBA rules.

Along those lines, a sad-looking quote stood out as players and staffers slogged through two days of end-of-season meetings last week — except Antawn Jamison, who skipped them as a final goodbye to the team and Mike D'Antoni.

"The collective-bargaining agreement really limits how we can add to the team," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said. "We get a limited number of exceptions. Probably the most widely used exception would be the veteran's minimum. It's hard to find a young player that would do that because if it's a younger player, he's probably not going to take the veteran's minimum. And if he did, he's probably not good enough to play."

Stop the excitement.

The veteran's minimum is typically $1.4 million a season. The Lakers will also have the "mini" mid-level exception of $3.2 million that can be used on one player or divided between two next season.

Sadder Kupchak quotes could be on the horizon for Lakers fans this summer — "We regretfully said goodbye to Pau Gasol today after waiving him via the amnesty provision," or "We were surprised that Dwight Howard chose to sign with Dallas" — but here's a look at who they could pursue when free agency begins July 1.

Current salary, age and latest team are listed next to players' names.

Kyle Korver ($5 million, 32, Atlanta)

Kobe Bryant said the Lakers needed a few things on their roster — speed, length, athleticism. That's all.

I'll add something else — shooting.

Korver will have to take a pay cut (get used to hearing this phrase), but he's one of the NBA's best shooters not named Stephen Curry or Ray Allen. He could help loosen defenses that sag down on Gasol, Howard or whomever mans the middle for the Lakers.

Chris Kaman ($8 million, 31, Dallas)

He's falling apart faster than a third-grade science project but he'll be cheap and happy to return to Los Angeles.

He'd better work on that 5.6 rebounding average last season.

Marco Belinelli (27, $2 million, Chicago)

Teams with money will look at his backcourt mate, late-season fireball Nate Robinson, but Belinelli is a comparatively inexpensive combo guard who can shoot and handle the ball. Think the Lakers need any of those?

($6.1 million, 32 Houston)

Some paperwork first. He has a $6.5-million team option that Houston would have to decline next month.

If that happens, he's athletic and feisty, and his three-point shot has steadily improved the last few years.

He scored 18 points twice in the playoffs against Oklahoma City, so, say it with me, he'll have to take a pay cut to join the Lakers.

Stephen Jackson ($10.1 million, 35, San Antonio)

Risky pickup! Risky pickup!

There, I said it. But with World Peace possibly leaving via amnesty provision (it's either Gasol or him), the Lakers need someone to give wacky, wonderful quotes to reporters.

Just thanking you in advance, Mitch. Thank you.

Mike Dunleavy ($3.8 million, 32, Milwaukee)

He had a sneaky-good season with the Bucks, averaging 10.5 points and shooting a career-high 42.8% from three-point range.

He doesn't help with speed, athleticism or ball-handling ability, but he can shoot and score.

Josh Smith ($13.2 million, 27, Atlanta)

Kidding. Proceed.

Raja Bell ($3 million, 36, Utah)

Wheee! D'Antoni can finally reunite with Bell, who didn't play one minute with Utah last season after deciding he didn't want to be there at all and was deactivated.

So we'll have to go back to 2011-12 to see how he did . . . 6.4 points a game. Wonderful.

He'll come to the Lakers for $1.4 million next season. Count on it.

Andray Blatche ($854,389, 26, Brooklyn)

He had some moments with the Nets and is still entitled to $16.3 million over the next two years because Washington amnestied him last summer.

For once . . . a player who might be willing to take a pay cut.

Wesley Johnson ($4.3 million, 25, Phoenix)

The fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft finally found a semblance of a game in March (13.2-point average) and April (12.9). Phoenix has the upper hand here but maybe he'll take a pay cut (there it is again).

Dorell Wright ($4.1 million, 27, Philadelphia) and Nick Young ($5.6 million, 27, Philadelphia)

Essentially the same player, same age, same team.

Young had slight edges in scoring (10.6 to 9.2 points) and minutes (23.9 to 22.6) but Wright won by a nose in three-point accuracy (37.4% to 35.7%).

Or did Wright have the edge in scoring and minutes and Young better long-range accuracy?

DeJuan Blair ($1.1 million, 24, San Antonio)

He fell out of the rotation earlier this season and would always be plenty undersized as a 6-foot-7 power forward. He hustles, though, and how many Lakers did that this season?

mike.bresnahan@latimes.com

Twitter: @Mike_Bresnahan

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... vrit=53295
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Tue May 07, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe8Fan

Chris Paul Undecided On Future

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Chris Paul Undecided On Future

By Arash Markazi | ESPNLosAngeles.com

PLAYA VISTA, Calif. -- Chris Paul left the Los Angeles Clippers' training facility Saturday afternoon for the last time this season, giving no indication of whether he would return.

"I don't know how this whole thing is going to play out," Paul said. "I'm going to pray about it. We'll see."

Paul passed on a chance to sign a three-year, $60 million extension with the Clippers last year, but can sign a five-year, $108 million deal this summer. He said he will take his time before deciding what he will do as an unrestricted free agent.

"All season long, it's something that I said I would address after the season and I really didn't think about it all during the season," Paul said. "The season's not even 24 hours from being over, so I really haven't thought about it. The craziest thing is that this season is over. I still haven't got that wrapped around my brain."

The best season in Clippers franchise history ended Friday night with a 118-105 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies in Game 6 of their first-round series.

Despite leading the Clippers to their first division title and a record 56-win season, Paul was still hurting from being eliminated in the playoffs. He never has advanced past the second round and has missed the playoffs or has been eliminated in the first round six times.

As he looks at where he wants to spend the next five years of his career, Paul said the opportunity to win a championship and play well into June will be a big factor.

"When I woke up this morning, little Chris had gotten in my bed and the first thing he said was, 'Daddy, why you lose again?' " Paul said. "I told my wife last night on the bus riding to the airport, that's the toughest thing now. He's old enough to understand what's going on and that we don't have any more games to go. I think about that type of stuff because that's my guy and we don't have any more games. He's going to be a little confused."

Blake Griffin signed a five-year, $95 million extension with the Clippers last summer and said he and his teammates would talk to Paul about re-signing in the offseason.

"He's a huge piece to our team moving forward," Griffin said. "He's going to know that we want him back and we would love for him to re-sign and keep moving forward with this franchise, but ultimately this is his decision. He has to do what's right for him and his family and we're going to be behind him."

Paul was influential in recruiting several players to sign with the Clippers in the offseason, including Matt Barnes and Grant Hill, and was a big reason why Chauncey Billups was comfortable converting to shooting guard in order to start alongside Paul.

Billups said he would like to return to the Clippers. He was only able to play 22 games during the regular season after coming back from a ruptured Achilles and dealing with several other injuries, but said he feels as good as he has in two years.

"I would love to be back here and continue to help in this process," Billups said. "I feel like we are getting closer. I definitely want to be a part of it and I'll be able to show everybody who I've always been with a summer of getting myself together, so hopefully it works out like that."

Billups, who will be 37 at the start of next season, said he hopes to play two more seasons and has no aspirations to be a head coach when his career is done.

"I'm focused on playing a couple more years," he said. "Two more years is my goal and after that my desire is more to be in the front office, not coaching. You never say never but my desire has never been to coach. It looks like I'm doing that now but I can't help myself. I would feel better about being in management and putting a team together."

Billups also said he would talk to Paul about returning.

Hill, who will be 41 at the start of next season, had hinted several times that this would be his last season after battling various injuries and only playing in 29 games. Hill, under contract for next season, didn't rule out the possibility he could come back for one more season after feeling healthy again.

"I feel as good as I've felt in the last two years," Hill said. "That may mean you should continue to play or get out while you're healthy, but I do feel great. It certainly may factor into what I may do going forward."

Barnes was able to have a career season after he signed with the Clippers for the veteran's minimum before training camp began at the urging of Paul. Barnes had 30 points and 10 rebounds Friday against the Grizzlies. He said he will explore his options but hinted that Paul already had begun recruiting him to re-sign with the team.

"Chris and I have already been talking about it," Barnes said. "We talked about it on the plan last night. He's obviously the franchise player but we also talked about what I was thinking about doing. Without giving anything away, he was doing his job (in recruiting me)."

Paul said he wouldn't necessarily have to be recruiting to stay with the Clippers, but also wasn't patting himself on the back for turning around the franchise from where it was before he arrived.

"I don't know. This right here was unacceptable," Paul said. "We lost in the first round to a good Memphis team but a team we were capable of beating. There are no moral victories ... I have nothing to do. This is unreal. We only played two weeks long than everyone else that didn't make the playoffs. That sucks. That stings."

Whether Paul believes the Clippers are capable of playing more than two weeks into the postseason likely will go a long way in deciding whether or not he will re-sign this summer, but he's in no rush to make that decision.

"I'm going to take my time," Paul said. "I haven't even thought about it. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of the day. I might go home and swim with my son or something. This is nuts. I don't know what to do. I purposely didn't put anything on my calendar because we're supposed to still be playing."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... eliminated
Kobe8Fan

Postby The Rock on Mon May 06, 2013 12:16 am

Garcia's available

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/05/rockets-qa-a-fans-guide-to-the-offseason/

Q: About those contract options, would they really let go of such key players?

A: Absolutely. Garcia was outstanding in the postseason, but the final season of his contract is worth $6.4 million, a hefty price. Carlos Delfino’s injury will make it tough to pick up his option by the June 30 deadline

Garcia at the 2 and Kobe at the 3 to start next season? Might just work. Garcia doesn't have a lot of mileage in his legs and he didnt do so bad guarding Durant or Westbrook in 1st round

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon May 06, 2013 12:27 am

I have never liked Garcia, just something about him. Maybe it was his face (sorry to be judgemental).

I'd be alright with him eventually, but would just take time. lol
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Mon May 06, 2013 1:26 am

Another decent player to add at the 2/3 for a price we can afford

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2013/04/28/sports/nh6855773.txt?viewmode=fullstory
The Cavs own a team option on swingman C.J. Miles' $2 million contract for next season. It's not cut-and-dry that they pick it up, like once thought.

I dont think they'd need CJ with Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington and Alonzo Gee around

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Murdock on Mon May 06, 2013 2:59 am

The Rock wrote:Another decent player to add at the 2/3 for a price we can afford

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2013/04/28/sports/nh6855773.txt?viewmode=fullstory
The Cavs own a team option on swingman C.J. Miles' $2 million contract for next season. It's not cut-and-dry that they pick it up, like once thought.

I dont think they'd need CJ with Dion Waiters, Wayne Ellington and Alonzo Gee around

I wanted CJ before this season ... even more than meeks ... he might not be such a good shooter (not saying meeks is) but he has length which we need because we have noone on SF - MEtta doesnt count :D

quick question Gasol + Nash for CP3 via sign and trade?
Murdock

Postby XXIV on Mon May 06, 2013 8:09 am

We can't do sign and trades if we're over the cap.
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Mon May 06, 2013 8:11 am

XXIV wrote:We can't do sign and trades if we're over the cap.

not the cap, the luxury tax limit.
khmrP

Postby dj vitus on Mon May 06, 2013 8:34 am

Roster improvements?

How about...

Tank for #1 pick in deep 2014 draft.

Reload with two max contracts.

Lakers win.

Forever. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am

^I totally forgot that we have a first round pick in 2014. So, depending how we finish next year, we stand a chance to go into 2014 with a first round pick that could be useful, flexibility to sign FA's, and hopefully a building block around Dwight. That's not too shabby.

I do remember this past trading deadline there was a report that we were offering Blake, Morris & Duhon for 2nd round draft picks. Do they still have they same ability to do that around draft time in July if they were looking for an option like that? I also think Gasol might be shopped around too at that time.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 am

Center Court wrote:Gotcha...

Dorrell Wright would be a good target for the mMLE but I think we need to try and move Blake/Duhon for Ariza (don't know how Wash feels about that) and then use the mMLE on a backup point. Ideally Nate Rob, but it looks like he's earned bigger money. Maybe Aaron Brooks who's tenure will be done in Houston behind Lin/Beverly.

Ariza would be alright, but I'm not sold. His shooting has been extremely underwhelming from outside and he's not as athletic as he once was. That being said, if we had a way to bring in a PG, I might do it. Robinson is likely to get paid way out of our price range at this point; or at least just higher than what we can afford. Aaron Brooks hasn't gotten playing time in either city he's played for this season and that's for a reason: he's not that good.

The PG the Lakers should be targeting is Augustin over in Indiana. He's young, he's quick, he's got some talent.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon May 06, 2013 9:14 am

dj vitus wrote:Roster improvements?

How about...

Tank for #1 pick in deep 2014 draft.

Reload with two max contracts.

Lakers win.

Forever. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

so you're scenario doesn't invovle keeping Howard then? I mean why would he come back to tank and how could we tank with him?
khmrP

Clippers 'Very Confident' Of Chances To Re-Sign Chris Paul

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Clippers 'Very Confident' Of Chances To Re-Sign Chris Paul

By Arash Markazi | ESPNLosAngeles.com

PLAYA VISTA, Calif. -- When Chris Paul left the Los Angeles Clippers' training facility on Saturday, he was uncertain about his future with the team. On Monday, Clippers vice president of basketball operations Gary Sacks said he was "very confident" the All-Star point guard would eventually re-sign with the team.

Sacks met with Paul on Saturday during the team's exit interview and believes that he will be back, but was cautious about getting into details with Paul becoming an unrestricted free agent and not being able to sign an extension until July 1.

"A lot of that information we'll keep private, because that's an internal thing, but I feel very confident," Sacks said. "I think he's an integral part of this. We feel like we had a great partnership for the last couple of years and we want to continue it obviously. These are decisions that have to be made and some of them will be taken care of at the appropriate time. We can't talk to him until July 1, so we'll go ahead and do that. We'll move forward when it's appropriate."

Paul is eligible to sign a five-year, $108 million extension after July 1. He turned down a three-year, $60 million extension last summer. But that's mostly because the Clippers could only offer him a three-year extension at that point, under the terms of the new collective bargaining agreement.

"The No. 1 priority for us right now has to be re-signing our star player, Chris Paul," Sacks said. "That's our goal, that's what we want to do. We want to put ourselves in a position to do that. We feel this organization is in a position to move forward with that goal in mind. It's always difficult, it's never easy, but we feel confident we can be successful."

The Clippers will have to make another big decision before they are eligible to re-sign Paul as Vinny Del Negro's contract expires after June 1. The Clippers coach met with the media on Monday and understands that his future may be tied to the wishes of Paul and Blake Griffin, who signed a five-year, $95 million extension last year.

"I think all that plays a part," Del Negro said. "I enjoy working with them. They're great guys and they're incredibly talented. They're the nucleus of the team obviously that you want to keep intact and move forward with. I've enjoyed working with them and have seen their development."

Sacks said he would indeed meet with Paul, Griffin and others before deciding on who will be the team's next head coach.

"We want to have feedback from our players to hear what they have to say," Sacks said. "Whatever we do, we do as an organization. Of course you're going to listen to your star players. You're going to listen to all your employees when you're making these decisions but I don't think that's unusual."

After losing in the first round of the playoffs to the Memphis Grizzlies last week, Sacks understood how important this offseason would be to the future of the franchise with the team's franchise player and head coach becoming free agents.

"It's huge," Sacks said. "Every offseason is huge. Last offseason was huge. Vinny and I worked really closely to put this team together and get what we thought were the right pieces for our team to compete and be as good as we possibly could be as an organization. We came up short and that's a disappointment. But we have to look at a lot of the positives. I thought he and the staff did a really good job during the season. We need to move forward looking for ways of improving ourselves to go further and achieve our goals."

Paul was noncommittal about returning to the Clippers when he met with the media on Saturday but had previously stated that he loved living in Los Angeles and changing the culture of the long-suffering Clippers franchise.

"I'm going to take my time," Paul said. "I haven't even thought about it. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do the rest of the day. I might go home and swim with my son or something. This is nuts. I don't know what to do. I purposely didn't put anything on my calendar because we're supposed to still be playing."

Sacks was hesitant to speak for Paul on Monday but was hopeful that there would be another news conference in July announcing Paul's long-term commitment to the Clippers.

"I think he enjoys living here and being in L.A.," Sacks said. "Obviously we enjoy having him here and having him a part of this team, so that's the most important thing, just moving forward with that."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... -sign-team
Kobe8Fan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:25 am

^ Not surprised
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Murdock on Tue May 07, 2013 2:00 am

obviously i didn't mean us since both players are under contract ... i meant CP sign with clippers and traded for nash and gasol
Murdock

Postby khmrP on Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 am

Murdock wrote:

obviously i didn't mean us since both players are under contract ... i meant CP sign with clippers and traded for nash and gasol

doesn't that still sound like a S&T in your scenario? Unless you mean he signs and we wait until the deadline has passed after a FA signs before he can be traded. But even than why exactly would clipps want to trade Paul for 2 old washed up players? :man3:
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 am

Im interested in Anthony Morrow. dude can play the 2/3 and shoot lights out from 3 but he barely played in Dallas. Weird. Another alternative to Meeks is available

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion