Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby kenzo on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:09 am

^ only IF Love wants to stay in Minny :man12:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5970
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby cleverdevil on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 am

kenzo wrote:^ only IF Love wants to stay in Minny :man12:


I agree, but he cannot "Dwight" his way out until at least the end of next season, which Pau will expire and cannot be traded. Its a ridiculous trade idea that constantly gets floated around.
User avatar
cleverdevil

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 am

I hope the Pau for Love dream can be put to rest after they rejected that offer.

And to add to the fact Love isn't being traded, Flip Saunders said it himself when he became coach.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:52 am

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 1h
RT @lakers2012_13: do you think the Lakers buy or trade for a 1st round pick? ---> Again... No. They have not pursued that.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby cleverdevil on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:04 am

Doc Brown wrote:I hope the Pau for Love dream can be put to rest after they rejected that offer.

And to add to the fact Love isn't being traded, Flip Saunders said it himself when he became coach.


Yeah, I get the feeling that Minny, for better or worse, are gonna play it like Orlando with D12 and refuse to facilitate Love leaving until zero hour. Plus love doesn't strike me as the D12/Melo type personality to hold the franchise hostage.
User avatar
cleverdevil

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby cleverdevil on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:06 am

JSM wrote:
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 1h
RT @lakers2012_13: do you think the Lakers buy or trade for a 1st round pick? ---> Again... No. They have not pursued that.


Good find. I was wondering about us maybe buying our way just outside of the lotto where there are still nice players to stash on the bench and develop for the future.
User avatar
cleverdevil

 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby NoisyBook on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am

Is there any team that can take MWP? for 2nd round pick(s)?

I like this dude, he steps up in big games. He has a big heart. But it's time to move him. In case of if we still have him next season, he should play at 4.

Can we amnesty Steve Nash? He's been getting 9 million for only shooting 3s on this Lakers team. We can sign a good 3pt shooter around 4-5 million.
NoisyBook

 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 am

I seriously don't understand your Nash hate because it's in almost every post you make, but no we can't. :man10:

The amnesty clause only works for players signed BEFORE the new CBA. Nash was signed after.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby NoisyBook on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 am

I seriously think our medical stuff and Nash won't work together ever. I have no doubt on him, but his health.
NoisyBook

 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 am

That's a serious concern, but we're not going to get rid of him. He's here to stay as long as he feels healthy enough to play basketball. I think next season will probably be his last before he retires, but we're not trading him and he's not retiring this season.

It's best just to accept that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:22 am

Image
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:27 am

NoisyBook wrote:
Can we amnesty Steve Nash? He's been getting 9 million for only shooting 3s on this Lakers team. We can sign a good 3pt shooter around 4-5 million.


I agree with the part about Nash being a colossal waste of money so far.... I'm not sure he will ever justify his salary or the length of the deal much less the picks we traded..... but getting a "good" 3 point shooter for any price has eluded the Lakers for a decade or longer.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23068
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby jhalp on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am

E Gordon said to be on market:

Pau/Duhon for Gordon/Anderson?

Nash, Gordon, Kobe, Anderson, Howard.
jhalp

 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:57 am

jhalp wrote:E Gordon said to be on market:

Pau/Duhon for Gordon/Anderson?

Nash, Gordon, Kobe, Anderson, Howard.

1. Why does New Orleans want to give up Gordon for Pau?
2. Do we even want to take a chance on Gordon who hasn't shown vast improvement for his max deal and has proven to be injury prone?
3. Why does New Orleans give us Anderson?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby jhalp on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 am

therealdeal wrote:
jhalp wrote:E Gordon said to be on market:

Pau/Duhon for Gordon/Anderson?

Nash, Gordon, Kobe, Anderson, Howard.

1. Why does New Orleans want to give up Gordon for Pau?
2. Do we even want to take a chance on Gordon who hasn't shown vast improvement for his max deal and has proven to be injury prone?
3. Why does New Orleans give us Anderson?



2. is answers your 1. and 3. is the only way WE do it.
jhalp

 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 am

That's assuming that Pau is worth Gordon/Anderson. Do you really think he is? I don't like that deal for either team really. Maybe New Orleans a little more, but it's a super risky move for us. What if Gordon plays only 40 games a year for the rest of his career? He averaged his lowest point total thus far in his career last year, he doesn't rebound well, he's not a great defender, his assist to turnover ratio isn't great.

And we'd be stuck with him at 15 million until 2016? Please God, no.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:31 am

Eric Gordon 'Very Available' In Trade Talks

Image

The New Orleans Pelicans are making Eric Gordon "very available" in trade talks, according to a source that spoke with RealGM.

Gordon signed a four-year, $58 million deal with the Phoenix Suns last offseason that was matched by the Pelicans. Gordon badly wanted to play for the Suns and was publicly disappointed by the Pelicans' decision to match.

Gordon played in just 42 games last season due to a continued string of injuries.


http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... rade-Talks
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10296
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:34 am

Man, the Pelicans got such a steal with Eric Gordon in the CP3 "trade".
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Man, the Pelicans got such a steal with Eric Gordon in the CP3 "trade".

What a great trade compared to the one we offered right? :man10:

Kaman/Gordon/Aminu/1st Round Pick for Paul.

Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic for Paul PLUS draft picks

Hm...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

Rockets Have Thomas Robinson Trades With Bulls and Cavaliers

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h

Thomas Robinson to Cavs for No. 19 pick. Thomas Robinson to Bulls for No. 20. Word is both of those scenarios are on table for Rockets


https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statu ... 2932770816

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h

Rival executives, more & more, list Houston as favorite in Dwight Sweepstakes ahead of Lakers. Trading T-Rob means Rockets can offer D12 max


https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statu ... 5676364800

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m

Follow-up trade rumble: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they take him from Rockets for No. 20 pick


https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statu ... 2928663552
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10296
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby jhalp on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:That's assuming that Pau is worth Gordon/Anderson. Do you really think he is? I don't like that deal for either team really. Maybe New Orleans a little more, but it's a super risky move for us. What if Gordon plays only 40 games a year for the rest of his career? He averaged his lowest point total thus far in his career last year, he doesn't rebound well, he's not a great defender, his assist to turnover ratio isn't great.

And we'd be stuck with him at 15 million until 2016? Please God, no.


Yeah, his contract is a killer. And both their contracts take us out of the 2014 plan. But if he did ever get back to his clipper form AND we get Anderson as our stretch four? It would be a gamble and probably too risky.
jhalp

 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:21 pm

If we could get Gordon & Anderson for Pau I'd be all over that.. Replacing Pau with Anderson alone makes us a much better team. Gordon at worst is a good asset to flip, at best he stays healthy & gives us 16-19 PPG as the 2B we need with Dwight & Kobe. He's really quick for a SG so he could get minutes at PG with Kobe handling the ball & I'm sure we'll see Kobe spend some time at SF. It's a huge gamble but I like it.. If it doesn't work out, Gordon can get good value in a trade as soon as he stretches together half of a healthy season. Mitch managed to dump Bynum, I don't think we'll have any problems unloading Gordon if we need to.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:42 pm

^ Unfortunately, that doesn't go down unless we have buy in from Dwight. Those guys are deal breaker type guys to get Dwight. We make that trade and Dwight jumps ship, we get stuck with those two horrible contracts and no center.

Those type of moves have to be blockbuster aka (Gasol for Love).
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:29 pm

lakersin4 wrote:If we could get Gordon & Anderson for Pau I'd be all over that.. Replacing Pau with Anderson alone makes us a much better team. Gordon at worst is a good asset to flip, at best he stays healthy & gives us 16-19 PPG as the 2B we need with Dwight & Kobe. He's really quick for a SG so he could get minutes at PG with Kobe handling the ball & I'm sure we'll see Kobe spend some time at SF. It's a huge gamble but I like it.. If it doesn't work out, Gordon can get good value in a trade as soon as he stretches together half of a healthy season. Mitch managed to dump Bynum, I don't think we'll have any problems unloading Gordon if we need to.


Actually, so would I. Gordon's injuries don't seem to be chronic from what I've read. Last season was a combination of bad luck, him not wanting to be there at all and the team absolutely sucking. I think if you put Gordon back in LA with Dwight and Anderson stretching the defenses and Kobe being Kobe...

Dwight/Hill
Anderson/Clark/Hill
Kobe/Clark
Gordon/Meeks
Nash/Collison (mini MLE)

That lineup is pretty sick.

Would the Pelicans make that trade? I don't think so because what use do they have for Pau?
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9045
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:41 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:^ Unfortunately, that doesn't go down unless we have buy in from Dwight. Those guys are deal breaker type guys to get Dwight. We make that trade and Dwight jumps ship, we get stuck with those two horrible contracts and no center.

Those type of moves have to be blockbuster aka (Gasol for Love).

I don't see how we hurt our chances with Dwight by getting a stretch 4 he loved playing next to in Orlando & a young star for the guy he couldn't fit with for most of last season. Dwight is the kind of guy that wants you to go out & get players he wants to play with & lets it be known.. He had way too much power in Orlando. Giving them a list of players to trade for etc. But I think he'd see this as the FO willing to make moves to keep him happy, while in reality we just made a good basketball trade.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.