Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement Discussion: 15 man roster set? (pg 107)

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:13 pm

He's nuts, and nobody is denying that. Hell Delonte isn't even denying that he's bipolar and takes meds, LOL. But the dude can play. If we can pick him up, we should do it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 pm

I don't know man, West and Artest, it will be unrest, put to the test.
OX1947

Postby karacha on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:16 pm

Yes, he's nuts. But he's a really -- I mean really -- good player, who can play two positions.

Also, while the word "immense" sounds like a hyperbole in this sentence by Doc Brown: "...it's an immediate and immense upgrade at the 1", I actually think it's an understatement... because we're actually comparing West to Duhon and Blake. West is a 9/3/3 player, who plays tough defense and who has developed a really good jump shot. His FT% has improved so much, that he is now considered a very good shooter. He would look really good backing up Nash, not to mention you can play him at the 2 if necessary, and he can do things that Meeks generally can't. He can also give you a steal every game and maybe even 1 block per game, which is very unusual for a (backup) PG. If there's any way to sign this guy, we do it ASAP.

With him, we got versatile scorers and defenders off the bench, and it would be fairly easy to come up with alternative lineups that would be able to outscore their opponents (for change) while applying some defensive pressure. Mixing up West, Meeks, Ebanks, Hill and Jamison with 2 starters -- Kobe, Pau and Dwight -- should be deadly, because West and Ebanks can penetrate or shoot, Jamison and Meeks can hit the long ball, and Hill has improved his offense tremendously and can rebound really well too. Stretch the floor for Dwight and watch good things happen.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 pm

even if West is cut/waived wouldn't we have one of the lower priority when it comes to waiver claims?
khmrP

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Hey, maybe Cuban will give us a trade ex for Blake. It worked so well last year. DO IT MARK!
OX1947

Postby XXIV on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 pm

OX1947 wrote:Hey, maybe Cuban will give us a trade ex for Blake. It worked so well last year. DO IT MARK!

West already got waived.
XXIV

Re: Roster Improvement: roster set? D. West WAIVED (p. 108)

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Man, are you guys serious? Our roster is set for now. We aren't picking up crazy Delonte with a full roster and no money to spend.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 pm

I hope we eat the money on Morris, rather than cutting DJO to make room for West.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby OX1947 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 pm

XXIV wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Hey, maybe Cuban will give us a trade ex for Blake. It worked so well last year. DO IT MARK!

West already got waived.

Hey, maybe Cuban will give us a trade ex for Blake. It worked so well last year. DO IT MARK!
OX1947

Postby XXIV on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm

OX1947 wrote:
XXIV wrote:

West already got waived.

At first I thought you meant Blake for West + exception, but then I remembered you can't pair an exception with a player.
XXIV

Postby davriver290 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Can we waive Duhon and Blake?
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Another name out there is Shaun Livingston, he was waived by Houston....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Another name out there is Shaun Livingston, he was waived by Houston....

and he can play PG and SG. Worth a 10 day contract at least

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GinoDB on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Another name out there is Shaun Livingston, he was waived by Houston....

Houston waived 5 guaranteed contracts, talk about having too many players
GinoDB

Postby Center Court on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Buss aint releasing Blake and nobody is trading for him. DJO is imo a decent propect worth keeping.

That leaves Morris and Duhon. Waive one and sign West.

:bow:
Center Court

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:Man, are you guys serious? Our roster is set for now. We aren't picking up crazy Delonte with a full roster and no money to spend.

Our roster is far from set, way too many scrubs wearing purple and gold right now.
Frank Dux

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:Man, are you guys serious? Our roster is set for now. We aren't picking up crazy Delonte with a full roster and no money to spend.

Our roster is far from set, way too many scrubs wearing purple and gold right now.

Who on our roster would you classify as a "scrub" today without a guaranteed contract that could easily be cut and replaced with a "non-scrub"?
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby jjin28 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:26 pm

davriver290 wrote:Can we waive Duhon and Blake?

You could but you still would be on the hook for their salary and against the cap. So no point in doing that. But you could amnesty Blake I guess and be rid of that salary against the cap.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby Alcindor on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:33 pm

jjin28 wrote:

You could but you still would be on the hook for their salary and against the cap. So no point in doing that. But you could amnesty Blake I guess and be rid of that salary against the cap.

Amnesty period ended in July.
Alcindor

Postby ElginTheGreat on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:

Who on our roster would you classify as a "scrub" today without a guaranteed contract that could easily be cut and replaced with a "non-scrub"?

Gotta agree with this. Don't see us making a move. At least not immediately.
ElginTheGreat

Postby jjin28 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Alcindor wrote:
jjin28 wrote:

Amnesty period ended in July.

then darn it.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby darkice18 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 pm

The Lakeshow got 2 billion from TWC, money shouldnt be the issue. Waive the scrubs and bring in WEST!
darkice18

Postby jadej2 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm

darkice18 wrote:The Lakeshow got 2 billion from TWC, money shouldnt be the issue. Waive the scrubs and bring in WEST!

Oh yes it is because Lakers don't get crippled anymore in luxury taxes because waiving them will cost money I mean there is a reason why the Lakers never do that.
jadej2

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

^I would classify Morris, DJO, Clark, Duhon, and Blake as the worst of the bunch. Sacre is a question mark, but he's a center who played relatively well during preseason, so he's a keeper for now. DJO would probably be the easiest to cut ties with, but his athleticism is intriguing. You could describe Duhon and Blake's contracts as "toxic" so I think they're here to stay(Blake's bum [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] should've been amnestied). So that leaves us down to Clark, and Morris. Morris is owed 1.44 million over two year, and Clark is owed 2.4 over the next year years. So I think it's between Morris and DJO.

I'm not a fan of Delonte's antics, but we have absolutely no Steve Nash insurance. He goes down, and it's over. A gritty player like Delonte is just the guy we need for 10-20 minutes a game. Good shooter, good defender, can handle the rock, and isn't afraid. I remember watching him play as a Cav during the Lebron years. A lot of the guys were playing scared in the playoffs(Mo Williams i'm looking at you). But I remember Delonte was one of the only guys who went down fighting. Is it a risk? of coure! But I think it's a bigger risk going into the season with point guard nearing his 40's, and not even having a serviceable player behind him.
Frank Dux

Postby jadej2 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

^I would classify Morris, DJO, Clark, Duhon, and Blake as the worst of the bunch. Sacre is a question mark, but he's a center who played relatively well during preseason, so he's a keeper for now. DJO would probably be the easiest to cut ties with, but his athleticism is intriguing. You could describe Duhon and Blake's contracts as "toxic" so I think they're here to stay(Blake's bum [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] should've been amnestied). So that leaves us down to Clark, and Morris. Morris is owed 1.44 million over two year, and Clark is owed 2.4 over the next year years. So I think it's between Morris and DJO.

I'm not a fan of Delonte's antics, but we have absolutely no Steve Nash insurance. He goes down, and it's over. A gritty player like Delonte is just the guy we need for 10-20 minutes a game. Good shooter, good defender, can handle the rock, and isn't afraid. I remember watching him play as a Cav during the Lebron years. A lot of the guys were playing scared in the playoffs(Mo Williams i'm looking at you). But I remember Delonte was one of the only guys who went down fighting. Is it a risk? of coure! But I think it's a bigger risk going into the season with point guard nearing his 40's, and not even having a serviceable player behind him.

I think it's going to be DJO because he is non-guaranteed. Also using the amnesty on Blake is a waste of time and won't save us that much money compare to using it on Metta.
jadej2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion