Free Agent Frenzy: Rumors, Reports, Rumblings

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:22 pm

So, January 15th, everybody can be traded on an NBA roster, right? Rudy Gay is interesting; although he's not shooting particularly well this year.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby noobiew on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Mitch & Jim please do something to save us this season ! Do it now ! :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby XXIV on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:54 pm

noobiew wrote:Mitch & Jim please do something to save us this season ! Do it now ! :bang:

I'd rather Mitch do this one alone.
XXIV

Postby TaniBoyz on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 pm

XXIV wrote:
noobiew wrote:Mitch & Jim please do something to save us this season ! Do it now ! :bang:

I'd rather Mitch do this one alone.

agreed
TaniBoyz

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:11 am

Is Ariza available? Would love to swap him for Artest.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 am

^That would be a downgrade. Metta is still a better defender and shooter than him.
Frank Dux

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:16 am

if the Wizards offered you Mason/NEne (bad contract) and Ariza for Pau would you do it?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 am

Frank Dux wrote:^That would be a downgrade. Metta is still a better defender and shooter than him.

Upgrade IMO. What Ariza brings athletically would be far more beneficial than his negatives. We direly need a guy like him on both ends.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:14 am

The Rock wrote:if the Wizards offered you Mason/NEne (bad contract) and Ariza for Pau would you do it?

I'm not too into all this cap stuff but on paper? Hell yeah. Nene is about as good as Pau right now, if not better. He's more agile and athletic and can help us defensively. And you get Ariza also? No brainer.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:16 am

Ariza is horrible this year on both ends...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 am

Congo Cash wrote:Ariza is horrible this year on both ends...

Nothing a change of sceneary can't change. I know what he brings to the table. I would only ask him to do what he's capable of.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 am

Swapping Ariza for Metta is asinine. Ariza is worse than Metta in nearly every way except the vertical leap at this point. Getting Ariza for a backup role is another story, but financially it doesn't make sense either.

Sam Young or CDR would be nice for our bench. We just need some damn athletes. Some young guys willing to throw their bodies around. We've got Meeks and Jordan who have been great for us, but we need one or two more guys like that. Constant motor guys that can get out and run.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:17 am

therealdeal wrote:Swapping Ariza for Metta is asinine. Ariza is worse than Metta in nearly every way except the vertical leap at this point. Getting Ariza for a backup role is another story, but financially it doesn't make sense either.

Sam Young or CDR would be nice for our bench. We just need some damn athletes. Some young guys willing to throw their bodies around. We've got Meeks and Jordan who have been great for us, but we need one or two more guys like that. Constant motor guys that can get out and run.

I don't think it's as asinine as you make it. Metta is the better overally player but we direly need a guy like Ariza. What he brings to the table would outshine his flaws IMO. But i've harped on them for a couple of years now so i won't go into them.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:I don't think it's as asinine as you make it. Metta is the better overally player but we direly need a guy like Ariza. What he brings to the table would outshine his flaws IMO. But i've harped on them for a couple of years now so i won't go into them.

He doesn't bring anything to the table outside of a bit of athleticism. He's a poor shooter, he's a poor ball handler, he's an alright defender but not what he used to be, he's injury prone, he's expensive.

There's a reason New Orleans got rid of him and there's a reason Houston got rid of him faster.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 am

what bout Dominic Aquire, didn't he get waived out of Tor too?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 am

I thought he was playing for another team already. Bobcats?

Edit- McGuire played for the Raptors and was waived. He then played for the Hornets and was waived. :man10:

Waived from two of the worst teams in the league... maybe we don't need him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Sources: Omri Casspi Requests Trade

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:21 am

Sources: Omri Casspi Requests Trade

By Adrian Wojnarowski

Dropped out of the Cleveland Cavaliers' rotation, forward Omri Casspi, the NBA's first Israeli-born player, has requested a trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Casspi has shown significant flashes of promise in his young career, but he has become an afterthought for the struggling Cavaliers since missing five games with gastroenteritis in December.

Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant has been making calls on possible deals for Casspi, but nothing has materialized. The request for a trade was made through Casspi's representatives with Creative Arts Agency (CAA), sources said.

After starting 93 games in his first three seasons in the NBA, Casspi has played one minute for the Cavaliers since a Dec. 11 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.

Casspi, 24, has averaged 8.4 points in his four-year NBA career.

Cleveland traded J.J. Hickson to the Sacramento Kings for Casspi and a protected first-round draft pick prior to the 2011 lockout.

Casspi was the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft, making him the first Israeli-born player chosen in the first-round and ultimately the first Israeli player in the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sourc ... 12160.html
Kobe8Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 am

Give em Blake.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Casspi brings the fire that this team is missing... not that he can inspire the team by himself, but maybe it'd resonate with the rest of the guys and consequently it sort of manifest itself into our everyday habits.

I thik signing Fish could be a great move to help stabilize the team off the court.
Center Court

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Clippers have Crawford, Heat has Ray Allen, Thunder have Kevin Martin, Spurs have Manu, Knicks have J.R Smith, why the hell don't we have a legit scoring 6th man? Get us Al-Thorton or something at least.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:22 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Clippers have Crawford, Heat has Ray Allen, Thunder have Kevin Martin, Spurs have Manu, Knicks have J.R Smith, why the hell don't we have a legit scoring 6th man? Get us Al-Thorton or something at least.

I hope you meant Marcus Thorton :man10: , Al Thorton is a clipper throw away and he sucks!
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:29 pm

khmrP wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Clippers have Crawford, Heat has Ray Allen, Thunder have Kevin Martin, Spurs have Manu, Knicks have J.R Smith, why the hell don't we have a legit scoring 6th man? Get us Al-Thorton or something at least.

I hope you meant Marcus Thorton :man10: , Al Thorton is a clipper throw away and he sucks!

I just figured that out & that is why I revisited the thread :man10:

GoldenKnight

Postby Center Court on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Jamison was supposed to be that guy... and he was
Center Court

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Do it Mitch

Dropped out of the Cleveland Cavaliers' rotation, forward Omri Casspi, the NBA's first Israeli-born player, has requested a trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Casspi has shown significant flashes of promise in his young career, but he has become an afterthought for the struggling Cavaliers since missing five games with gastroenteritis in December.ImageIn 19 games, Omri Casspi is averaging 4.9 points and 2.5 rebounds per contest. (AP)
Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant has been making calls on possible deals for Casspi, but nothing has materialized. The request for a trade was made through Casspi's representatives with Creative Arts Agency (CAA), sources said.
Cleveland officials privately insist that no such request was made, but multiple league sources with knowledge say that CAA recently made the request. Per league rules, neither the agent nor Casspi can publicly make a trade request without being subject to league-mandated fines.
After starting 93 games in his first three seasons in the NBA, Casspi has played one minute for the Cavaliers since a Dec. 11 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.
Cleveland traded J.J. Hickson to the Sacramento Kings for Casspi and a protected first-round draft pick prior to the 2011 lockout.
Casspi was the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft, making him the first Israeli-born player chosen in the first-round and ultimately the first Israeli player in the league.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:33 pm

The Rock wrote:Do it Mitch

Casspi has shown significant flashes of promise in his young career, but he has become an afterthought for the struggling Cavaliers since missing five games with gastroenteritis in December.ImageIn 19 games, Omri Casspi is averaging 4.9 points and 2.5 rebounds per contest. (AP)
Cleveland officials privately insist that no such request was made, but multiple league sources with knowledge say that CAA recently made the request. Per league rules, neither the agent nor Casspi can publicly make a trade request without being subject to league-mandated fines.

Way to try & steal Kobe8Fan's idea, check his post further up :man10:

GoldenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion