Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby XXIV on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 pm

Vlade_12 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:^^^ I've always liked TWill. He can play Point Forward and would be nice for the 2nd unit, so Blake/Duhon can just spot up and shoot, which might be the only thing they are good at.

I agree. Do u think March is enough time for him to fit in?
We still have a 15th spot open

If he joined he would have about a month to fit in before the playoffs (considering we make them) so it should be enough time, and I don't believe our system is all that difficult to learn. I really think he can thrive in MDA's system as he has the tools to be a slasher and spot up shooter. Also, like Doc mentioned, he can play point forward with the second unit and contribute in that manner.
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I hope we can do something with that medical exemption from Hill injury, would be waste of time/effort to apply for it and not even use it.
khmrP

Re: Sources: Raptors Would Prefer To Trade Lowry Over Calderon

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Sources: Raptors Would Prefer To Trade Lowry Over Calderon

By Ken Berger

The Toronto Raptors would prefer to trade Kyle Lowry over Jose Calderon, according to league sources.

Lowry was acquired last offseason from the Houston Rockets in exchange for Gary Forbes and a future first-round lottery pick.

Lowry is averaging 13.8 points and 5.8 assists in 27.7 minutes behind Calderon.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2161 ... rs-in-bind

Amazing how Tor GM still has a job :man10: .....trading lottery pick for a player only to try and trade him again within the same season
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:02 pm

NBA Daily Lineups ‏@DailyNBALineups
#Pacers The Pacers have resigned Sam Young. Terms of the deal were not released. http://bit.ly/PsMI9f

Sort of weird how they waived him and then resigned him. Anyway I was hoping he would be our backup SF.
XXIV

Greg Oden Likely To Pick Between Heat and Cavaliers

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 am

Greg Oden Likely To Pick Between Heat and Cavaliers

By Jeff Goodman | College Basketball Insider

The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat have emerged as the leaders to land former No. 1 pick Greg Oden.

The 7-foot Oden, who hasn't played since Dec. 5, 2009 due to multiple knee injuries, is hoping to take a visit down to Miami to meet with Pat Riley and the Heat in the next week, a source told CBSSports.com.

Miami would likely offer a deal for minimum salary while the Cavs could pay up to nearly $4 million. The Boston Celtics are another team that has expressed interest, but the source said that Oden is leaning towards making a comeback with either Cleveland or Miami.

Oden was the top pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, but has had multiple knee surgeries. He's currently working out in both Columbus, Ohio, and Indianapolis -- and expects to be ready for the season-opener next season.

Oden, 25, has averaged 9.4 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks in 82 career NBA games. He is coming off his third microfracture knee surgery back in February 2012.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2162 ... ack-to-nba
Kobe8Fan

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:37 am

If players weren't so greedy Iggy @ $10mill/yr and another PF who could stretch the floor @ $10mill/yr could easily be better for this team then 1 Pau @ $19-$20mill/yr, Iggy/Gallo would be a solid combo for this team :man1:
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm

reading reports that mem/tor needs a 3rd to take on Calderon, man if only our pile of poo's were attractive (duhon, blake, ebanks, etc.). I'm not gona say Calderon is the savior of anything but he's been reported as wanting to be here to play with Pau and he is a play it safe type of PG like Blake but unlike Blake, Jose is also offensive minded and will make you pay if you go under a screen, evident by his dominating gamge against us a few weeks a go :man10: . Jose/Pau off the bench would be nasty duo on PnR for teams to defend.
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:13 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bddyq65

If Mitch could pull that s*** off. :man13: .

Note.... I don't know what Memphis wants from Toronto, so I just sent Derozan/Fields to make it work. Just giving the idea of sending one PG to Toronto and the other to Memphis.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

What, getting rid of Blake and Ebanks while getting Calderon?

Yeah, he's on it. :man1:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bddyq65

If Mitch could pull that s*** off. :man13:

Note.... I don't know what Memphis wants from Toronto, so I just sent Derozan/Fields to make it work. Just giving the idea of sending one PG to Toronto and the other to Memphis.

Would be a great deal.. Makes some sense for Memphis too with Duhon's cheap buyout next year. I could see Calderon outplaying Nash some games.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 pm

lakersin4 wrote:

Would be a great deal.. Makes some sense for Memphis too with Duhon's cheap buyout next year. I could see Calderon outplaying Nash some games.

uh NO, it makes no sense for Mem at ALL, they're trying to cut cost, a measly $3.5 buyout of Duhon doesn't achieve this goal, adding Fields/Derzon adds even more salary on even longer term than just keeping Gay
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

khmrP wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

uh NO, it makes no sense for Mem at ALL, they're trying to cut cost, a measly $3.5 buyout of Duhon doesn't achieve this goal, adding Fields/Derzon adds even more salary on even longer term than just keeping Gay

I was just speaking on Duhon making sense for them as a throw in.. The rest of the pieces is up to them to figure out.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:

I was just speaking on Duhon making sense for them as a throw in.. The rest of the pieces is up to them to figure out.

Mem could take Calderon themselves and achieve their goals, maybe if Mitch bust out his sales pitch to Tor GM on Blake or Duhon effectiveness along with Ebanks upside :man10: maybe we can get in on it since Mem doesn't want Jose at all
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm

khmrP wrote:uh NO, it makes no sense for Mem at ALL, they're trying to cut cost, a measly $3.5 buyout of Duhon doesn't achieve this goal, adding Fields/Derzon adds even more salary on even longer term than just keeping Gay

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
khmrP wrote:uh NO, it makes no sense for Mem at ALL, they're trying to cut cost, a measly $3.5 buyout of Duhon doesn't achieve this goal, adding Fields/Derzon adds even more salary on even longer term than just keeping Gay

I read your disclaimer thats why I didn't respond to you, I responded to the other guy who thought that deal was a good deal for Mem but the he also noted that it was only implied for Duhon not the other 2. Mem wants to cut salary and add contributing role players.
khmrP

Postby Tragic on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... ordan_Hill

What do we with this new money we got awared from Jordan Hill's injury?
Tragic

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm

^^^ Strippers, cocaine, Terrance Williams. In that order.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Gay and Calderon were traded today. As we suspected. But we are not getting them.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 pm

karacha wrote:Gay and Calderon were traded today. As we suspected. But we are not getting them.

Jose could ask for a buyout but dont think he'll throw away money though and would mgmt. even try to sign him if he was a FA?
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm

khmrP wrote:
karacha wrote:Gay and Calderon were traded today. As we suspected. But we are not getting them.

Jose could ask for a buyout but dont think he'll throw away money though and would mgmt. even try to sign him if he was a FA?

I would hope so but we are crowded at the backup PG with Blake, Duhon, and Meeks.
XXIV

Postby Vlade_12 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Did u guys see the Defenders picked up Morris Almond SF. Perhaps we are looking how he fares first hand. He seems like a D league superstar. All he would need to do for us would be able to hit open shots and play defense, and make the right decision
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
With injuries mounting, teams have begun inquiring whether Boston is willing to trade Jason Terry to get under luxury tax, sources say.
Expand

It would be cool if we could pull a Memphis/Cavs type deal and Boston just has a fire sale for their players.
Doc Brown

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:40 pm

“@WojYahooNBA: Celtics rookie Jared Sullinger will miss the rest of the season with a back injury."
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Is that going to impact our roster?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:47 pm

No but I saw some news non Lakers related in page 142 so I try to be helpful. jeez
Kit

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion