Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who to keep / who to get?)

Postby 2decadelaker on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:06 am

I propose ALLEN IVERSON. All the good point guards who can judge A.I. please think about him.
2decadelaker

Postby LooN3y on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:21 am

2decadelaker wrote:I propose ALLEN IVERSON. All the good point guards who can judge A.I. please think about him.

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] it lets get a bench of

AI
Redd
T-Mac

as our perimeter lmao

on a serious note though, steve blake would be better than AI, but only if hes in NBA condition, and looks to create not only for himself but others. defense is also a huge liability esp with 2 PGs over the age of 35
LooN3y

Postby JGC on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 am

I think we need to accept we've got Blake locked in at backup PG. There isn't anyone out there who is definitively better, and even if there were, we've got $4M/yr committed to Blake.

Let's just focus on an SG backup, or, I do see the possibility of moving McBob for a backup PF and using the MMLE on a backup SG.
JGC

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 am

2decadelaker wrote:I propose ALLEN IVERSON. All the good point guards who can judge A.I. please think about him.

Lol no.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby khmrP on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:06 am

thkthebest wrote:
khmrP wrote:Mcbob for Vince Carter....who says no? Yea Carter just gona make our avg. age go even higher but he could be a servicable backup to Kobe

Dallas says no.

I dont see why, they have plenty of guards and unlike Mcbob, Carter contract has buyout next year. IF they took this deal saves them about 1mill+
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 am

well looks like Arenas and Mcgrady still looking for a spot, out of the two, who would you guys get for vet min? I might be falling for the "healthy" hype crap again but couldn't hurt to at least invite Arenas to camp, would he be willing to come to camp w/o a guranteed contract?
khmrP

Postby KB24 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 am

the Lakers really need a younger poorer version of Ginobili.

A combo guard that is aggressive, can create for himself and score and also set up other players. Ginobili would have been perfect.

Obviously that guy isn't available in free agency and not for vet. min. I really still hope we go out and make a trade. I'm still upset guys like Mayo etc. went for cheap to other scrub teams. Somebody could easily get 30 minutes here at PG and SG backup. Thats how bad our bench currently is. We are set on bigs but we absolutely suck on wings and guards.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:09 am

KB24 wrote:the Lakers really need a younger poorer version of Ginobili.

A combo guard that is aggressive, can create for himself and score and also set up other players. Ginobili would have been perfect.

Obviously that guy isn't available in free agency and not for vet. min. I really still hope we go out and make a trade. I'm still upset guys like Mayo etc. went for cheap to other scrub teams. Somebody could easily get 30 minutes here at PG and SG backup. Thats how bad our bench currently is. We are set on bigs but we absolutely suck on wings and guards.

Honestly I'm more upset about Delonte West. That dude went back to a team that already replaced him with Mayo. Why wouldn't you come here where there's clearly a ton of minutes available to the first guy who plays like he wants them?

Unreal.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 am

therealdeal wrote:

Honestly I'm more upset about Delonte West. That dude went back to a team that already replaced him with Mayo. Why wouldn't you come here where there's clearly a ton of minutes available to the first guy who plays like he wants them?

Unreal.

Mayo replaced Terry....and West probably had a soft spot for Cuban for helping him out after the lockout with the housing stuff. I think he's still ahead of Roddy on the dept chart at backup guard position.
khmrP

Postby JSM on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:31 am

HoopsWorld's piece on notable vets who are left:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba2-notable- ... -unsigned/
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:50 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Unreal.

Mayo replaced Terry....and West probably had a soft spot for Cuban for helping him out after the lockout with the housing stuff. I think he's still ahead of Roddy on the dept chart at backup guard position.

Good point. What happened to Beubois though? He was real solid for them a couple seasons ago... Hell I'd welcome him at this point.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:24 am

therealdeal wrote:Good point. What happened to Beubois though? He was real solid for them a couple seasons ago... Hell I'd welcome him at this point.

think this far along in his career, Roddy is what he is, undersize 2 who has glimpses of good O but overall just an avg. player who got overrated cause of that monster scoring gm he had against GSW his rookie year. He's also quite injury prone.
khmrP

Postby HotFudge on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Do we still have room for KMart if we take on Gasol, Harrington, and J-Rich?

Having Al Harrington as our starting power forward makes me mighty uncomfortable.
HotFudge

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Pau > Al

regardless of his past 2 post seasons. stupid trade really for us. we can have pau and drew/dwight instead of just dwight. and now that we have nash, pau should play much better. there has to be a trade where we just swap drew for dwight and take a bad contract from magic.

nash + pau + drew > nash + dwight imho
Ariza3

Postby jamabile on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, according to Stein and Broussard, we keep Pau. We still have work to do on that bench, though. Let's go get Barbosa or Meeks
jamabile

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Barbosa / Meeks / Martin.........bring it home Mitch. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:28 pm

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Devin Ebanks isn't included in four-team deal, according to source. He will officially sign qualifying offer with LA after deal is complete.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Nash / Blake / Duhon / Morris
Kobe / Glock
MWP / Ebanks / Eyenga
Pau / Jamison / McFly
D12 / Hill

Our bench is God awful is this holds up.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldHammish on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Devin Ebanks isn't included in four-team deal, according to source. He will officially sign qualifying offer with LA after deal is complete.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Nash / Blake / Duhon / Morris
Kobe / Glock
MWP / Ebanks / Eyenga
Pau / Jamison / McFly
D12 / Hill

Our bench is God awful is this holds up.

And that's 14.... I was really hoping we could unload some combo or at least one of of Blake/Eyenga/McBob/Morris/Glock in a Dwight trade...
GoldHammish

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm

don't worry about our bench. Brown is going to play our starters 38mpg again. :bang:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Punk-101 wrote:don't worry about our bench. Brown is going to play our starters 38mpg again. :bang:

Do you blame him? Look at it, the frontcourt is set, but the backcourt.....those guys were getting run by 50 in summer league. I'm hoping there is more to this deal or Mitch has something else lined up.
Doc Brown

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:don't worry about our bench. Brown is going to play our starters 38mpg again. :bang:

Do you blame him? Look at it, the frontcourt is set, but the backcourt.....those guys were getting run by 50 in summer league. I'm hoping there is more to this deal or Mitch has something else lined up.

I was being sarcastic about the not worrying about the bench. of course im worried. They're horribad!
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 pm

I don't think the Lakers are anywhere near done as far as their bench goes. And I don't know if I believe Kennedy. If we're taking on Duhon and Clark, we're getting rid of some bodies.

Say hello to Barbosa on the cheap and/or Kenyon Martin if he wants to win a ring.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldHammish on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Philly made out like bandits in the trade too... They couldn't S&T us Meeks too? :man5:
GoldHammish

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:09 pm

GoldHammish wrote:Philly made out like bandits in the trade too... They couldn't S&T us Meeks too? :man5:

I read on twitter today that Philly can't do a sign and trade with Meeks because they didn't pick up some sort of option or something.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Plot on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 pm

That backup backcourt makes one queasy especially since Kobe and Nash need viable relief at this stage of their careers. I hope Mitch has something left up his sleeve but it's hard to imagine a decent upgrade coming without the use of the mini-MLE. Barbosa isn't at the age to ring chase for the vet. minimum and Meeks doesn't seem keen on it either. The Lakers really have no draft picks left for a trade and depending if McRoberts/Glock/Eyenga remain, the only trade asset would be expirings.
Plot

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion