Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who to keep / who to get?)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Azndude2190 wrote:Wouldn't trading Duhon+Glock bag us something pretty considerable?

Probably not. I'd take a TPE and be completely fine with it to be honest. Maybe a team that needs to meet the minimum salary requirement might take them.

I don't know that any team wants either one of those guys to be honest. Blake isn't that bad actually, just not worth 4 million dollars that's all. And of course Duhon isn't worth a bag of peanuts.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Azndude2190 wrote:Wouldn't trading Duhon+Glock bag us something pretty considerable?

Probably not. I'd take a TPE and be completely fine with it to be honest. Maybe a team that needs to meet the minimum salary requirement might take them.

I don't know that any team wants either one of those guys to be honest. Blake isn't that bad actually, just not worth 4 million dollars that's all. And of course Duhon isn't worth a bag of peanuts.

It will take more effort to trade Blake. Duhon only has 1.25M guaranteed next season. Maybe we'll get lucky & some team will lose their starting PG & take both of them.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:20 pm

That's asking for an awful lot of luck from the Lakers this season. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 pm

therealdeal wrote:That's asking for an awful lot of luck from the Lakers this season. :man10:

No luck involved..

lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:39 pm

:man10:

There's a lot of luck of involved. In every situation thus far we've used assets to move/acquire pieces. First was draft picks, second was Andrew Bynum and filler, and third was the money we had available.

This time you want Mitch to trade crap for something somewhere? I don't know if even Mitch can do that. It took a first round pick to sell Fisher for goodness sake, and Blake is worse than that.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:41 pm

i'm convinced mitch could get us a star for a half-eaten oreo
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby KB24 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:14 am

therealdeal wrote::man10:

There's a lot of luck of involved. In every situation thus far we've used assets to move/acquire pieces. First was draft picks, second was Andrew Bynum and filler, and third was the money we had available.

This time you want Mitch to trade crap for something somewhere? I don't know if even Mitch can do that. It took a first round pick to sell Fisher for goodness sake, and Blake is worse than that.

if you can turn Luke's 2 year contract into Sessions expiring, you can do ANYTHING.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:52 am

KB24 wrote:
therealdeal wrote::man10:

if you can turn Luke's 2 year contract into Sessions expiring, you can do ANYTHING.

we also got a TPE from Luke which netted us Earl Clark in the Orlando trade.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 am

KB24 wrote:if you can turn Luke's 2 year contract into Sessions expiring, you can do ANYTHING.

^^ Agreed. Of all Mitch's magic wand feats, that was one of the tops. Luke freaking Walton.
Lakerjones

Postby khmrP on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:36 am

I think we still have a chance to dump Duhon/Clark on somebody once the time period to trade/package player is over. Didn't realize Duhon buyout for next year and Clark is expiring this year, thats nearly 5mill we can package for something solid.
khmrP

Postby MadMax on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 am

It certainly seems off to me to see Blake and Duhon to be on the roster. I think we need a more productive person to back up Nash. Mitch has already pulled of one HELL of an off season...Although a blake and/or Duhon move is comparability small, I feel it would a world of a difference.
MadMax

Postby khmrP on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:55 am

a guy that we could target on the cheap that a poster mention I believe Rock, is Bill Walker. Looking at his career stats he could be considered a shooter. His 3pt % is better than Meeks, If we could dump Clark, Duhon or Blake, Walker could be decent insurance piece should Ebanks not live up to expectations.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:09 am

khmrP wrote:a guy that we could target on the cheap that a poster mention I believe Rock, is Bill Walker. Looking at his career stats he could be considered a shooter. His 3pt % is better than Meeks, If we could dump Clark, Duhon or Blake, Walker could be decent insurance piece should Ebanks not live up to expectations.

i think we should be eyeing a young, capable PG for clark/duhon/blake. someone with speed and ball handling ability, take care of the ball.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:13 am

Lakerjones wrote:
KB24 wrote:if you can turn Luke's 2 year contract into Sessions expiring, you can do ANYTHING.

^^ Agreed. Of all Mitch's magic wand feats, that was one of the tops. Luke freaking Walton.

Even with that we had to send a pick I think right? We had something of value attached to him. The most valuable thing we can attach to Blake is Duhon...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 am

therealdeal wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Even with that we had to send a pick I think right? We had something of value attached to him. The most valuable thing we can attach to Blake is Duhon...

give em disney land annual passes :man10: or 1 free visit to Playboy mansion
khmrP

Postby LAKEROC on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:53 am

I would like us to sign Leandro Barbosa and Kenyon Martin to league minimum deals. Then, if that magic wand is still working Mitch, think you might be able to convince Golden State to take this deal? Do it, Mitch!!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6138658

I think we'd be done at that point with the roster :man10:
LAKEROC

Postby TSpence26 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 pm

Do you guys think we are done or what moves to you foresee
TSpence26

Cavs Buying Out Omri Casspi?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Cavs Buying Out Omri Casspi?

john telich ‏@JohnTelich8

Source: #Cavs likely to buy out Omri Casspi from contract. Hearing this may be a mutual desire.

https://twitter.com/JohnTelich8/status/ ... 9046554624

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

If Cavs do in fact part ways with Casspi, it's likely because Luke Walton will not agree to buyout. Don't want both. Would prefer Casspi.

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

There have been whispers this summer Casspi wants to leave NBA and return overseas. Walton, on other hand, knows this is his final contract.

https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/ ... 9279351809
Kobe8Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:27 pm

I wish there was a way we could trim the fat on this team (Blake/Duhon/Morris/Clark) and sign some (at lease one) of these guys (Barbosa/Martin/Casspi) that can contribute more than the 4 above that will ride pine or stink it up on the court.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LAKEROC on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:48 pm

^ and if my grandmother had wheels, she's be a wagon. If you could figure out a way to move our trash(Goudelock, Clark, Blake,Morris, Duhon, Sacre), for something good(and not costly), you'd be working for the Lakers organization with Mitch!

If we really care about winning,and not about luxury tax, we dump all of that for a nice young small forward prospect. Sadly, it would take Mitch's magic wand, and the damn ring of Mordor to make that dream a reality.

Although, he did net us Ramon Sessions for Luke Walton, so anything is technically possible.
LAKEROC

Postby Azndude2190 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:20 pm

I would at least try to move either Blake or Duhon with a draft pick (do we have anymore left?) in return for a SF.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby karacha on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:22 pm

I don't think even Mitch could do that.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm

I think around the trade deadline we could see Blake and/or Duhon getting moved. Blake would be an upcoming expiring and Duhon can be bought out after the season.

I can't see Blake/Duhon being our backup PG's for the next two years. I'd rather go back to the triangle and have Meeks run the point or sign Terrence Williams to bring the ball up ala LO.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Helljumper on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm guessing that with so many small guards, Glock is gone since he's on an unguaranteed contract. That would leave us with no back-up for Kobe if Meeks was injured. So I think a swingman who can legitimately play both SG and SF would be a great way to fill out the roster. Is Martell Webster still available?

Nash / Blake / Duhon / Morris
Bryant / Meeks
World Peace / Webster / Ebanks
Gasol / Jamison / Clark
Howard / Hill / Sacre
Helljumper

Postby dj vitus on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Not sure where to post this, but has anyone seen the new schedule? We have 18 Sunday games out of a possible 23. And 3 Saturday games all season. Weird.

Of course, we get Miami on the road at the tail end of a 7 game road trip. :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion