Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Offseason Overhaul Discussion (who to keep / who to get?)

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd prefer T-Mac to Arenas as well.. Another ballhandler that can shoot? He's still a good playmaker, especially good for being a roleplayer. I think T-Mac could still have a breakout season in the right situation.
lakersin4

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:20 am

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

While it's possible TMac ends up n China, his 1st priority is signing w/an NBA contender, source says. TMac will b patient b4 making move
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon
Delonte West has been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. Will get story on @ESPNDallas soon.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Should have come to LA when you had the chance......

We should try to pull another trade with Mr. Cubes. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 pm

^Only if they take Morris, Glock, or Duhon.

I know Blake is a lesser talent, but at least he has his head on straight. If West ever goes coo-coo, we can always bench him and put Blake back in.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby last stand on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 am

revgen wrote:^Only if they take Morris, Glock, or Duhon.

I know Blake is a lesser talent, but at least he has his head on straight. If West ever goes coo-coo, we can always bench him and put Blake back in.

West is always off the rails, he has to become sane
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:14 am

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:^Only if they take Morris, Glock, or Duhon.

West is always off the rails, he has to become sane

An insane West > Morris, Glock, Duhon combined.
XXIV

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:31 am

^

That goes without saying. With him on the team, we'd be absolutely amazing. Combo guard, can pass, can score. Sure, he can go crazy, but I think Nash, Kobe and Pau could help "stabilize" him. Just keep him away from Metta. Anyway, that's not going to happen, so...

...I'd actually take Mac. He probably still has something left in the tank to play limited minutes and he's an intelligent player. Play behind Metta/Ebanks, maybe few garbage minutes at the 2.... he would not hurt the team in any way.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:36 am

Also, Gilbert is still better then any of our young guards. I'm not saying he's actually good now, you understand, just trying to put things in perspective. And he would probably only play the 1 for us. There's no reason to take away Meeks's minutes. But we have to get rid of some dead weight. It almost irritates me that we have all these guys on the roster and they can't really do anything.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 am

Looking at our bench, we really don't have a creator whether it be a distributor or a player who can create their own shot.

Jamison and Meeks are players who thrive in the open court, but need someone to get the ball to them.

Ebanks and Hill are hustle type players who provide energy off the bench, but primarily are not scorers.

Blake and Duhon are far from good PG's. Blake can handle the ball and hit the occasional 3, but that's it. Duhon and Morris are useless.

Sacre is a big body who can dispel minutes when needed, but again, won't get you much.

I was an opponent to getting Barbosa before, but it looks like we may need a guy like him off the bench. He did well for Brazil scoring and creating, and it'd be loads better than Duhon and Blake.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:30 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:I was an opponent to getting Barbosa before, but it looks like we may need a guy like him off the bench. He did well for Brazil scoring and creating, and it'd be loads better than Duhon and Blake.

I'm kind of with you on this one. I hate that he can't pass but... our bench needs someone who can create for himself and while I think Jamison can a little, he's not great at it. Meeks isn't either. Blake is a FAR better passer, but if we can get out on the break then it doesn't matter as much.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:I was an opponent to getting Barbosa before, but it looks like we may need a guy like him off the bench. He did well for Brazil scoring and creating, and it'd be loads better than Duhon and Blake.

I'm kind of with you on this one. I hate that he can't pass but... our bench needs someone who can create for himself and while I think Jamison can a little, he's not great at it. Meeks isn't either. Blake is a FAR better passer, but if we can get out on the break then it doesn't matter as much.

And he wouldn't be a bad 1/2 option behind Kobe if Meeks doesn't perform. Better than throwing Blake or Morris in there.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:13 pm

I've been pretty okay with Blake so far. I want him to be more aggressive of course, but he already looks a lot better than last season. I'd still be more than happy with a replacement though and while I don't think Barbosa is anywhere near an equal PG, we may not need one. We may need two SGs out there since we don't have anyone that can create for themselves consistently.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 pm

As I was saying in other threads... our bench in improved, but still nothing better than average.

Jamison is a great bench player. Hill is a very good bench player. Meeks is a good bench player. After that, this bench is truly and utterly crap. I like Sacre as an extra body/final roster spot. Ebanks has decent potential, but this is not the time to wait/hope on someone's development. Blake is for whatever reason not effective as a Laker. Shooting is off, he rushes things on offense, can't play sound defense. All were things he did the opposite of before he got here. I like DJO's unique skill set. That's where it ends.

I won't cry about not keeping Barnes but clearly this bench has some holes. Once Dwight and J Hill return, I think our bench will see a much much much better output/production as Hill get's 4/5 mins and Jamison gets 3/4 mins, but I still think we could improve the bench even more.

In my perfect world, we'd sign Barbosa and Fish while we dump Blake/Morris/Duhon/Glock (via trade, release, D League, whatever).

Howard/Hill/Sacre
Pau/Jamison/Clark
MWP/Ebanks
Kobe/Meeks/DJO
Nash/Barbosa/Fish
Center Court

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:15 am

Thoughts on the Cavs roster
9:27
AM ET
Cleveland Cavaliers
RECOMMEND0COMMENTS0EMAIL

The NBA regular season begins in less than two weeks and Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon-Journal has some in-depth thoughts on the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Lloyd believes the Cavs are being honest when they say Luke Walton and his $6 million salary will make the roster.

Donald Sloan and Jeremy Pargo are in competition for the backup point guard position, but they have not impressed so far during the preseason and Lloyd doesn't think the team should keep both players at the expense of center Micheal Eric. The rookie could spend time in the D-League developing his skills this season.

Finally, C.J. Miles has done a good job as the starting small forward, with Alonzo Gee as the backup and that seems to be the right roles for each player going into the regular season.

-- Nick Borges

Blake and Duhon are probably better than the two mentioned above, call Comic Sans up Mitch, they need a backup PG.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:28 am

^ You know we could send both of them over there without taking anyone back according to the ESPN Trade Machine.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:26 am

Morris/Duhon for 2nd Round Pick! Do it Mitch!
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ You know we could send both of them over there without taking anyone back according to the ESPN Trade Machine.

If Mitch could pull that off he win GM of the millennium. I think it could work with one seeing as the Cavs are under the cap and neither Duhon's or Blake's deals are a huge hit. Duhon can be bought out and Blake is expiring. It could only help Kyrie with a solid veteran presence behind him to teach him the game. :man1:
Doc Brown

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

Free agent guard Leandro Barbosa has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Boston Celtics, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Leandro Barbosa - G - Celtics The Celtics and Leandro Barbosa have agreed on a one-year contract, according to Yahoo! Sports.
The deal is presumably worth the veteran's minimum, considering Boston's salary-cap limitations, and it gives them another affordable veteran option, along with Jason Terry, to handle PG duties behind Rajon Rondo. Boston's busy backcourt just got even busier, to the detriment of everyone's fantasy value. Related: Jason Terry, Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter Oct 17 - 4:25 PM
Last edited by Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm

:mad1:

Seriously though that's hilarious. After all this talk he goes there?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Wow, unexpected, Avery Bradley must be in bad shape with them shoulders.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:46 pm

So, Rondo, Bradley, Terry, Lee and now Barbosa? Great backcourt..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:32 pm

wish we got Nate when we had the chance. a player like him would have been huge for our bench at the backup pg. the guy went off for 24pts 13ast 2stl last night. unreal for a guy his size. he brings so much energy and can just take over a game. would have even dirt cheap for us too. hope we get someone quick bc our backup pg's won't cut it this year for us
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Dang, that sucks, great pickup for the Celtics.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Byebosa...

Hibachi

Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 pm

as great as our team is and though we've made a HUGE overhaul and should win the ring... I do think we keep striking out when it comes to the middle to end of our bench. Ebanks doesn't seem like a guy who can play big mins in the finals, Blake has been utter crap in LA and Morris/gl0ck/Duhon/Clark all seem like they can't really contribute in the least bit.

Hill/Jamison/Barnes/Meeks/Barbosa//Ebanks/CDR/Sacre would be a deep bench. Obviously Barnes and LB are not options.

Hopefully we spend the pennies it'll cost to bring Arenas in and see what he's got.
Center Court

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion