Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:DJO to D-league, hmmmm.....

Even if he got moved to the D-league he's still a part of our 15 man roster.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Sooner or later the Wizards are gonna have a firesale, I hope we can steal Ariza

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:45 pm

^It's almost December and they're still winless, I do think a fire sale is on the horizon. I would love to grab Ariza. Unfortunately I tried messing around the it on ESPN's trade machine, and I don't think we have the assets to make it happen.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:53 pm

I have been hoping for the same thing. Ariza would be perfect -

Young
Althletic
Can run the floor and finish
Can hit the 3
Can play the 2 and 3
Is trusted by Kobe
Is another ball hawk
Has a ring
Can give Ron rest
Perfect role player to have in series against the Clips, OKC, Spurs, and Heat

Please please please - hope Blake and Ebanks look really good for a few games...
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm

If we're considering signing Raja Bell then we'll just become Pheonix Suns 2.0 for sure. All of these quality wing shooters who'll be able to knock down the 3ball but no real defensive stoppers. It's something to think about as far as the team's offensive future goes but defensively the Suns haven't been a real pleasure to watch, I mean if you enjoy run and gun and a whole lot of point total.
Jazzygirl205

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Frank Dux wrote:^It's almost December and they're still winless, I do think a fire sale is on the horizon. I would love to grab Ariza. Unfortunately I tried messing around the it on ESPN's trade machine, and I don't think we have the assets to make it happen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ckq773z

:man9:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:31 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:^It's almost December and they're still winless, I do think a fire sale is on the horizon. I would love to grab Ariza. Unfortunately I tried messing around the it on ESPN's trade machine, and I don't think we have the assets to make it happen.

Are you serious? :man10:

That's a horrible trade for the Lakers. HORRIBLE.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:If we're considering signing Raja Bell then we'll just become Pheonix Suns 2.0 for sure. All of these quality wing shooters who'll be able to knock down the 3ball but no real defensive stoppers. It's something to think about as far as the team's offensive future goes but defensively the Suns haven't been a real pleasure to watch, I mean if you enjoy run and gun and a whole lot of point total.

Lakers were Bulls 2.0 when they had Phil, Horace and Harp. And almost made trades for Scottie and Toni Kukoc. Why not be Bell? Probably won't be the same shooter as he once was but I think he's still got something left defensively.
Kobe8Fan

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:55 pm

^Because Bell is on the wrong side of 30 and he absolutely sucks now.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Frank Dux wrote:^Because Bell is on the wrong side of 30 and he absolutely sucks now.

So was Horace and Harp. And as was Scottie and Kukoc if they were acquired.
Kobe8Fan

Postby XXIV on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:36 am

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:^Because Bell is on the wrong side of 30 and he absolutely sucks now.

So was Horace and Harp. And as was Scottie and Kukoc if they were acquired.

I don't know about Kukoc but Horace, Harper, and Pippen were not as bad as Bell.

Bell can still shoot, however defensively he's definitely not the same player he was before and he's getting up there in age so who knows if he can still run and then have the energy to gun as well.
XXIV

Postby kenzo on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

Hollinger says otherwise :man10: :man12:
kenzo

Postby XXIV on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 am

I was looking at the contracts of our current players and this team could very well end up very deep if management signs the right players. We'll have six spots open next season, and while not all will go to new free agents I assume we'll have at least three to work with. Also, Duhon and Blake will be expiring contracts so perhaps Mitch can work something out then and receive either picks or players who can contribute right away. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, and with a new coach who's actually open to playing new players we'll likely attract numerous players willing to play for cheap too.
XXIV

Postby Alcindor on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 am

kenzo wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

Hollinger saying something is better can actually be a red flag.
Alcindor

Postby kenzo on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 am

Alcindor wrote:
kenzo wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

Hollinger saying something is better can actually be a red flag.

It most def is. I "traded" Pau for Love and Rubio... and Wolves "won" that trade :man9:
kenzo

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

Because Pau has been nothing short of consistent for the past 2 years. Hell, give me Ryan Andersen type player for Pau.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 am

Blake/Clark/Ebanks should get the job done for Ariza if Wiz want to get out of his contract a lil sooner..........but um what exactly is the love affair again with Ariza? This isn't 2009 anymore, has anyone even been watching him play or even check his shooting % ever since he left LA? Its not much better then peace, actually worse at times.
Last edited by khmrP on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Because Pau has been nothing short of consistent for the past 2 years. Hell, give me Ryan Andersen type player for Pau.

umm you make sound like Ryan Anderson is a scrub or something, he is the league leader in 3's made and % points :freak2: but your trade idea does SUCK, Okafor really? :man3: , thats like a more expensive version of Jordan Hill
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:34 am

Compared to what Pau WAS, Ryan Andersen doesn't come close.

The trade was only to make light of how much Pau has SUCKED the past 2 years. gomn.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby khmrP on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Compared to what Pau WAS, Ryan Andersen doesn't come close.

The trade was only to make light of how much Pau has SUCKED the past 2 years. gomn.

WAS is good word to use here, nobody trade on WAS especially not a WAS thats making 20mill/yr.......something I dont get with the Ariza love :man3: either and compared to what Anderson IS doing right now, Pau can't even sniff Ryan's value in production and salary.
khmrP

Postby XXIV on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 am

khmrP wrote:Blake/Clark/Ebanks should get the job done for Ariza if Wiz want to get out of his contract a lil sooner..........but um what exactly is the love affair again with Ariza? This isn't 2009 anymore, has anyone even been watching him play or even check his shooting % ever since he left LA? Its not much better then peace, actually worse at times.

With the way MWP has been playing this season you can't even compare Ariza to him. In 25 MPG Ariza is averaging 8 points on 32% FG and 23% 3P. That's horrible, but as a backup I suppose he'll bring a different aspect to the team as someone who can finish on the fast break alongside Nash. Who knows maybe he can regain his shooting touch, but honestly I'd much rather get someone else who can provide similar results but for a lot less.
XXIV

Postby khmrP on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:47 am

XXIV wrote:
khmrP wrote:Blake/Clark/Ebanks should get the job done for Ariza if Wiz want to get out of his contract a lil sooner..........but um what exactly is the love affair again with Ariza? This isn't 2009 anymore, has anyone even been watching him play or even check his shooting % ever since he left LA? Its not much better then peace, actually worse at times.

With the way MWP has been playing this season you can't even compare Ariza to him. In 25 MPG Ariza is averaging 8 points on 32% FG and 23% 3P. That's horrible, but as a backup I suppose he'll bring a different aspect to the team as someone who can finish on the fast break alongside Nash. Who knows maybe he can regain his shooting touch, but honestly I'd much rather get someone else who can provide similar results but for a lot less.

I still dont understand how anyone can say Ariza has a "shooting touch" :man10: , he got hot at the right time at very small stretch but since it was during the playoffs everyone thought he was a good shooter. Ariza has never been a good shooter prior to that playoff stretch and its even more apparent now.
khmrP

Postby purp n gold on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:54 am

Colin Cowherd as a trade nerd: Pau for Bargnani/DeRozan/pieces
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby XXIV on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 am

^^ Which is why I said "regain" as in he once had it, even if it was for a short period of time. Who knows, perhaps if we had kept him he would have continued shooting the ball in a similar fashion, or at the very least be a player defenders could not play off of. I'm not trying to say it's a sure thing he'll become the player he once was, but he thrived here in LA once before so why can't it happen again? He's definitely not my first option for players to go after (I'd much rather have Pietrus), but if we can create some roster spots by getting him I wouldn't be completely opposed to it either. Sometimes a change in scenery can do wonders for a player and maybe that's all he needs.
XXIV

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 am

khmrP wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Compared to what Pau WAS, Ryan Andersen doesn't come close.

WAS is good word to use here, nobody trade on WAS especially not a WAS thats making 20mill/yr.......something I dont get with the Ariza love :man3: either and compared to what Anderson IS doing right now, Pau can't even sniff Ryan's value in production and salary.

of course, but he's still a 7 footer, some teams still value that.

i'm not on ariza's nuts, but only for the fact that he would solidfy our bench. i never said bring him on to be our starter, nor bring him on to do damage, but we don't have a backup SF worth playing. yeah, he's overpaid, but so is pau.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion