Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 am

Punk-101 wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:I can't believe no one has come up with something with Utah yet. They have FOUR talented big men in Enas Kanter (who has a jumper, girth, and length.
:man13: :man10:

talk about "inside" reporting
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Greatest of All Time on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Groundless trade? Maybe, but most of these trade ideas are groundless. What exactly makes this trade groundless? The only difference between a trade idea like this and something like the Josh Smith trade, besides the obvious benefits this deal has over a terrible fit in Josh Smith, is that there are reporters speculating on a Josh Smith trade. I'm not advocating that the Lakers trade Pau Gasol for the sake of making a trade, but I truly believe a deal like this is more realistic and more beneficial for all teams involved. I'd argue this idea has more grounds than a Josh Smith trade because it's a better trade and there are realistic arguments for why Houston and Utah would accept.

Of course there are possible objections such as: does Houston still want Pau Gasol and do they want to sacrifice the flexibility of cap space to take on his contract, do the Utah Jazz want to sacrifice this season and take on additional players to save extra money and get more cap space, and do the Lakers want to risk hoping a Nash return will suddenly energize Pau Gasol and make him less emo? I've looked at other teams throughout the league and most teams are at or just under the salary cap. Most teams could not take Pau even if they wanted to, without significantly gutting their rosters.

The other ideas as suggested by other fans have just as many possible objections, with less benefits. Not only would Josh Smith be a terrible fit on offense, but Atlanta has absolutely no reason to sacrifice cap space for Pau Gasol. Another idea that I've seen suggested is something like Pekovic/Williams/Barea for Pau Gasol, but Pekovic is redundant with Dwight Howard on the team, Williams looks like a bust and Barea is a midget. Bosh or Aldridge are definitely pipe dreams and while David West is somewhat semi-plausible (not really), he's getting older too. David Lee? He currently produces more than Pau Gasol at this point, but his contract is even worse than Pau's and it runs well past the 2013-2014 season so the Lakers wouldn't have the cap space to sign a big free agent like they plan to in 2014. With this deal, all the contracts involved expire before or right after the 2013-2014 season, or some contracts are team options after 2013-2014, depending on the players/contracts involved.

This trade could improve the Lakers offense and defense, add depth and keep the team competitive while at the same time saving them money. I agree that this trade is highly unlikely but I would take it over adding minimum players (lol Pietrus) or making obviously terrible trades (Josh Smith). I wouldn't trade Pau for the sake of a trade but I'd rank my preferences like this:

1. Trade Pau Gasol for a Parsons/Millsap package
2. Keep Pau Gasol, add minimum players, wait for Nash to return and hope it's enough
3. Trade Pau Gasol for something else. I can't think of a deal that's better and somewhat realistic over the Parsons/Millsap deal so I'd rather not trade Pau unless it's for something obvious like Bosh/Aldridge (pipe dream) or this Parsons/Millsap package (Less pipe, although somewhat more realistic, still semi-pipe).

I really hope Pau Gasol wakes up, I really do. But I don't think Nash will make Pau drain his midrange shot with consistency. I don't think Nash will stop Pau Gasol from being exploited on the pick and roll. I don't think Nash will stop Pau from being outworked by undersized 4s such as Carl Landry, Faried, and Millsap.

Seriously, it's not like I'm trying to send out Pau and Blake for Kevin Love. Utah benefits by getting value for Millsap and saving money from Marvin Williams' contract. Houston benefits by pairing Pau with Asik and keeping Lin and Harden. They don't have to follow this exact trade, pieces can be added/removed/shifted, draft picks/cash can be added to sweeten the deal, etc. The idea is just to leverage Houston's cap space to provide incentive for the Jazz, get the Lakers the depth they need (and save money as well), and give McHale his mancrush in Pau Gasol.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:52 pm

3 team, 18 player trade. seems pretty easy to pull off.
Pig Miller

Postby Greatest of All Time on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 pm

You know Mitch Kupchak has the skills, the talent, and the vision to pull it off.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:You know Mitch Kupchak has the skills, the talent, and the vision to pull it off.

definitely. 18 player trades aren't even a challenge for him. i think we need to add in 3 more teams and 15 more players.
Pig Miller

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Greatest of All Time I like where your heads at, seems like you know your basketball. But to be honest, I do not see Houston giving up a young and talented SF in Parsons for a guy who is clearly on the decline in Pau Gasol. Seems crazy that they wouldn't take Gasol for Parsons and Patterson but I think they like their youth too much and want to see these guys grow together. Houston is not in win now mode...and really haven't been for a while with Morey stock piling draft picks every damn year. If we wanted parsons, we would have had a much better chance at getting him before the season started. Now, he's playing way too good for somoene like Morey to give him up in a Gasol deal. But we definitely need to work some trades with these 2 squads...I wouldn't mind giving Gasol to the Jazz for Millsap and Hayward, basically Millsap and anybody else. Jazz love them some white players too...Gasol fits in nicely with them. lol
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Actually a more realistic trade would be Millsap and Marvin Williams for Pau Gasol. That's a pretty fair trade and it gives us a nice PF with a back up SF who is still pretty young and can maybe flourish in Dantoni's system.
FabFourLakers

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:06 pm

LOL, that's an 18 player trade, which I don't think has ever happened. Also, Utah gets KILLED in it. Not happening.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:06 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Actually a more realistic trade would be Millsap and Marvin Williams for Pau Gasol. That's a pretty fair trade and it gives us a nice PF with a back up SF who is still pretty young and can maybe flourish in Dantoni's system.

This I like
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Greatest of All Time on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Pig Miller wrote:
Greatest of All Time wrote:You know Mitch Kupchak has the skills, the talent, and the vision to pull it off.

definitely. 18 player trades aren't even a challenge for him. i think we need to add in 3 more teams and 15 more players.

Maybe you don't realize this, but the goal isn't to come up with the largest deal involving the most players possible. The goal is to improve the roster. Without using passive-aggressive sarcasm, can you suggest more realistic moves that would improve the roster, besides the trades/minimum player signings that have already been suggested and besides praying Steve Nash will save Pau?

Greatest of All Time I like where your heads at, seems like you know your basketball. But to be honest, I do not see Houston giving up a young and talented SF in Parsons for a guy who is clearly on the decline in Pau Gasol. Seems crazy that they wouldn't take Gasol for Parsons and Patterson but I think they like their youth too much and want to see these guys grow together. Houston is not in win now mode...and really haven't been for a while with Morey stock piling draft picks every damn year. If we wanted parsons, we would have had a much better chance at getting him before the season started. Now, he's playing way too good for somoene like Morey to give him up in a Gasol deal. But we definitely need to work some trades with these 2 squads...I wouldn't mind giving Gasol to the Jazz for Millsap and Hayward, basically Millsap and anybody else. Jazz love them some white players too...Gasol fits in nicely with them. lol

The deal could actually work without Parsons since he makes only $800k but I'd want another significant piece that I don't think anyone else can offer. I don't think Millsap + Marvin Wlliams is more realistic because they already have Kanter/Favors. They'd save more money by just letting Millsap walk and hanging onto Williams for $16 million over 2 years instead of trading for Pau and paying him $38 million over 2 years. Unless you meant that they do the same trade without receiving Parsons, because they already get Marvin Williams in the original trade. I'd rather keep Pau Gasol over Millsap/Williams/no Parsons. I understand Morey being hesitant to give up Parsons but I'd still try to sell him on the vision of their own version of the Twin Towers. If I remember correctly, they wanted to do a Pau/Nene front court, Pau/Dalembert, Nene/Dalembert. Kevin McHale has a huge mancrush on Pau.

Finwë wrote:LOL, that's an 18 player trade, which I don't think has ever happened. Also, Utah gets KILLED in it. Not happening.

Utah doesn't get killed. They get rid of players they don't need and will likely walk at the end of the season, they receive some youth in return, and they save money from unloading Marvin Williams' contract. Unless they planned on keeping Millsap and keeping Favors on the bench, Millsap will walk at the end of the season. What do they give up that they weren't willing to give up anyway? This season, I believe Houston is getting $19 million in luxury taxes for being something like $7-9 million under the cap. Taxes are going to be much higher next season because of the repeater $1.50 for $1 tax or wutever it is. Hypothetically, they could save some money (about $8 million this season, 5 million next season), stay under the cap and get a fat check worth millions from the luxury tax fund.

The only teams I can see that might want Pau are the Rockets or Timberwolves. The Timberwolves have crap to offer straight up.

A Pau for Smith trade could also be possible but I doubt it's a straight swap because they don't want/need Pau. Maybe if Houston took Pau and the Hawks send out a bad contract with Smith to the Lakers and receive a combination of players/expirings that saves them more money over just letting Smith walk. I've heard they'll have enough space to sign 2 max players, so I'm not sure if any money saved/cap space created in a deal would make a difference. And then the Lakers would have to consider offering Smith a long term deal to appease his BFF Dwight Howard.

I honestly can't think of any straight up deals the Lakers can get without downgrading their roster or forcing the other team to give up more than they're willing to give. It seems clear that a multi-team trade is needed. They would need to find a team that not only wants Pau Gasol, but has the means to acquire him (large contracts and/or cap space). Houston fits the bill.I'm not sure if Minnesota does. Other teams?

Toronto is always looking to make deals, but I'd keep Pau over Bargnani.

Chicago would try to force feed them Boozer. Pass.

A trade would be much easier if Pau Gasol wasn't making $19 million a year but then again if he was making less, maybe they'd have more money invested in competent role players so they wouldn't have to rely on the guy to do to much and a trade wouldn't be needed.

This I like

Utah doesn't like it, at least not straight up. No reason to pay Pau $19 million for 2 years over Millsap 8 million for 1 year and Williams $16 million over 2 years. The only way I can see the Lakers getting those two is in a three team deal with a team willing to take Pau. That's what the Houston deal is for.

So either you like a deal that's even more unlikely than the one I suggested (Pau for Millsap/Williams straight up vs Pau for Millsap/Williams/Parsons in a three team deal) OR you like at least part of the original deal which already nets them Millsap/Williams. Unless you can think of another team willing to take Pau and can make a deal that's not only less complicated than the one I suggested, but actually helps all teams involved.
Last edited by Greatest of All Time on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest of All Time

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Guys, this is NOT the thread to discuss groundless trade ideas. Please take it to the Trade Thread:

http://www.clublakers.com/trade-ideas/
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:

Maybe you don't realize this, but the goal isn't to come up with the largest deal involving the most players possible. The goal is to improve the roster. Without using passive-aggressive sarcasm, can you suggest more realistic moves that would improve the roster, besides the trades/minimum player signings that have already been suggested and besides praying Steve Nash will save Pau?

The deal could actually work without Parsons since he makes only $800k but I'd want another significant piece that I don't think anyone else can offer. I don't think Millsap + Marvin Wlliams is more realistic because they already have Kanter/Favors. They'd save more money by just letting Millsap walk and hanging onto Williams for $16 million over 2 years instead of trading for Pau and paying him $38 million over 2 years. Unless you meant that they do the same trade without receiving Parsons, because they already get Marvin Williams in the original trade. I'd rather keep Pau Gasol over Millsap/Williams/no Parsons. I understand Morey being hesitant to give up Parsons but I'd still try to sell him on the vision of their own version of the Twin Towers. If I remember correctly, they wanted to do a Pau/Nene front court, Pau/Dalembert, Nene/Dalembert. Kevin McHale has a huge mancrush on Pau.

Finwë wrote:LOL, that's an 18 player trade, which I don't think has ever happened. Also, Utah gets KILLED in it. Not happening.

Utah doesn't get killed. They get rid of players they don't need and will likely walk at the end of the season, they receive some youth in return, and they save money from unloading Marvin Williams' contract. Unless they planned on keeping Millsap and keeping Favors on the bench, Millsap will walk at the end of the season. What do they give up that they weren't willing to give up anyway? This season, I believe Houston is getting $19 million in luxury taxes for being something like $7-9 million under the cap. Taxes are going to be much higher next season because of the repeater $1.50 for $1 tax or wutever it is. Hypothetically, they could save some money (about $8 million this season, 5 million next season), stay under the cap and get a fat check worth millions from the luxury tax fund.

The only teams I can see that might want Pau are the Rockets or Timberwolves. The Timberwolves have crap to offer straight up.

A Pau for Smith trade could also be possible but I doubt it's a straight swap because they don't want/need Pau. Maybe if Houston took Pau and the Hawks send out a bad contract with Smith to the Lakers and receive a combination of players/expirings that saves them more money over just letting Smith walk. I've heard they'll have enough space to sign 2 max players, so I'm not sure if any money saved/cap space created in a deal would make a difference. And then the Lakers would have to consider offering Smith a long term deal to appease his BFF Dwight Howard.

I honestly can't think of any straight up deals the Lakers can get without downgrading their roster or forcing the other team to give up more than they're willing to give. It seems clear that a multi-team trade is needed. They would need to find a team that not only wants Pau Gasol, but has the means to acquire him (large contracts and/or cap space). Houston fits the bill.I'm not sure if Minnesota does. Other teams?

Toronto is always looking to make deals, but I'd keep Pau over Bargnani.

Chicago would try to force feed them Boozer. Pass.

A trade would be much easier if Pau Gasol wasn't making $19 million a year but then again if he was making less, maybe they'd have more money invested in competent role players so they wouldn't have to rely on the guy to do to much and a trade wouldn't be needed.

This I like

Utah doesn't like it, at least not straight up. No reason to pay Pau $19 million for 2 years over Millsap 8 million for 1 year and Williams $16 million over 2 years. The only way I can see the Lakers getting those two is in a three team deal with a team willing to take Pau. That's what the Houston deal is for.

So either you like a deal that's even more unlikely than the one I suggested (Pau for Millsap/Williams straight up vs Pau for Millsap/Williams/Parsons in a three team deal) OR you like at least part of the original deal which already nets them Millsap/Williams. Unless you can think of another team willing to take Pau and can make a deal that's not only less complicated than the one I suggested, but actually helps all teams involved.

yes, thank you! now i understand how trades work! it's to improve your team. you have shown me the way.

based on your logic, no way utah would make this deal. an issue they had last year is they couldn't shoot the 3 ball, both mo and marvin williams help that, so why give either of them up? they also have the opportunity to re-sign or let them walk, what they're getting in return is trash, they're better off letting those contracts walk.

utah is also more likely to keep millsap than jefferson because of his versatility. kanter will provide a similar skill set as jefferson, no need to keep big Al at $14m per year.
Pig Miller

Postby Greatest of All Time on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm

trodgers wrote:Guys, this is NOT the thread to discuss groundless trade ideas. Please take it to the Trade Thread:

How it is that this thread is filled with pages and pages of groundless trade ideas and free agent signings but then it's suddenly not ok to discuss trade ideas? Just two pages ago, there was a poster talking about Minnesota sending the Lakers Kirilenko, Budinger, and Derrick Williams for Pau.

Without using passive-aggressive sarcasm, can you suggest more realistic moves that would improve the roster, besides the trades/minimum player signings that have already been suggested and besides praying Steve Nash will save Pau?

yes, thank you! now i understand how trades work! it's to improve your team. you have shown me the way.

Apparently not.

based on your logic, no way utah would make this deal. an issue they had last year is they couldn't shoot the 3 ball, both mo and marvin williams help that, so why give either of them up? they also have the opportunity to re-sign or let them walk, what they're getting in return is trash, they're better off letting those contracts walk.

The original trade doesn't involve Mo Williams. I'm not sure where you got his name from.They don't have the opportunity to re-sign or let Marvin Williams walk until after 2013-2014. They're not saving money by keeping him for 2 years. They're spending roughly $8 million a year on him. Keeping him at $8 million a year to be a 3 point shooter? There are much cheaper options than that. Unloading him EARLY saves them money.

You think Mo Williams is involved in the deal and you think they'd save more money by letting Millsap walk even though I explained how they'd save more money by trading him and Williams. Seriously?

Here are their options:

1. Re-sign Millsap. This is possible, but not in their best interest. Favors can develop into a potentially better 4 next to Kanter at the 5. They'd be paying Millsap at least $6-7 million to be a backup (or they'd be forced to keep one of Favors or Kanter as a backup and limit his development) until they find a way to trade him for a perimeter player. The idea is to develop Kanter and Favors but keeping Millsap creates a problem with playing time for their frontcourt. I don't see them having long-term success with playing a 250lb Millsap at the 3. He's quick for his size, but he's no LeBronze James.

2. Let Millsap walk. This is also possible and they'd certainly save money by doing this. But they wouldn't get anything back in return. I've shown in my previous posts that they'd save more money short-term and long-term by unloading Millsap and Marvin Williams early for smaller expirings and rookie contracts. So if I'm Utah and I have the option to save more money and get some young players to possibly develop with their young core, in exchange for Millsap and Marvin Wiliams, I consider it. Of course, there's the whole complexity of an 18 player 3-team trade that might concern me, but I'm not going to let that stop me from exploring all options.

3. Trade Millsap and get some value in return. They'll probably explore their options for upgrades at the wing position and 3 point shooting. Trading him gives the team flexibility with extra cap space.They could leverage their cap space to acquire picks or players in deals without matching salaries. Kind of like how Houston would be leveraging their cap space to acquire Pau Gasol.

Implications of trading Millsap in this deal:

-Reduce salary by unloading him with Marvin Williams early. They'd be taking on smaller expiring contracts and rookie salaries that total less than the contracts they'd be sending out.

-Give Favors and Kanter more playing time and allow them to develop

-Commit to a full rebuild and possibly tank for a high pick

-Receive decent young players in return. Patrick Patterson shoots the 3 at 37.5%, if you're really that concerned about 3 point shooting. Send them Markieff Morris as well, he's a Marvin Williams tweener small forward/power forward figure at 1/3 the price. Even if you think that's trash, you're paying them less than what you'd be paying Millsap/Williams and if you're already planning on letting Millsap/Williams walk to save money, you'd save more money by taking on cheaper "trash" and not picking up their options. Why would you pay more money to two guys that you're planning on letting walk anyway if you can spend less money on "trash" and get rid of them if they don't offer anything of value?

Implications of keeping Millsap:

-Save money by letting him walk, though not as much as unloading him and Marvin Williams early

-Limit Favors' and Kanters' development

-Continue to be the treadmill team that they are: good enough to contend for a late play-off spot, but not good enough to make any real noise.

If they want to unload Jefferson instead of Millsap, I'd take him in a heartbeat if it meant getting Parsons. Either way, I'm not taking Millsap or Jefferson without Parsons. I'd rather keep Pau Gasol.
Greatest of All Time

Postby juninho on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 am

Gasol,Duhon and Ebanks for Ilyasova,Dunleavy and Ben Gordon
We send Gasol to Bucks and Duhon to Bobcats. Bucks gotta trade Udrih and a first round pick to Bobcats.

i know getting ilyasova's contract doesnt look good but i think he will find himself here. Also Dunleavy and Ben Gordon will help the bench alot.

Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/Gordon
Artest/Dunleavy
Ilyasova/Jamison
Howard/Hill
juninho

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Mickael Pietrus with 23 points tonight in Sacramento...why didnt we sign this guy :bang:

Barbosa up in BOS hitting 40% of his 3s, hes not playing much but when given PT hes been productive

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:58 pm

The Rock wrote:Mickael Pietrus with 23 points tonight in Sacramento...why didnt we sign this guy :bang:

Barbosa up in BOS hitting 40% of his 3s, hes not playing much but when given PT hes been productive

Yea but can he drink and drive like ebanks?
D.B. Cooper

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:59 am

^ :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 am

Fisher had 15 points tonight against the Clips (3-5 from 3) and was the only one on the Mavs with + in the +/-'s :man4:

Always glad when he plays well...just saying.
Ariza3

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:30 am

trodgers wrote:Guys, this is NOT the thread to discuss groundless trade ideas. Please take it to the Trade Thread:

LOL!! Good luck with that. :man10:
King of Clutch

Postby trodgers on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 am

King of Clutch wrote:

Staff is discussing the issue. :man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby XXIV on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:03 am

Ariza3 wrote:Fisher had 15 points tonight against the Clips (3-5 from 3) and was the only one on the Mavs with + in the +/-'s :man4:

Always glad when he plays well...just saying.

He occasionally has those type of games, but at this stage of his career he will have a lot more bad games than these good ones.
XXIV

Postby NeeJee on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Wanna talk about a REAL stretch 4? One trade offer seems to be flying under the radar quite a bit. Pau for Bargnani and Calderon. Andrea is still fairly young, he's a smart player, and can flat out shoot a basketball. A pick and roll/pop with him and Nash would be devastating. Nash made Channing Frye a premiere shooting threat, just imagine what he'd do with Bargnani. Imagine all of the wide open Pau jumpers from the elbows, but instead Bargnani standing out behind the arc as wide open as Pau is. That's a salivating thought. Also Calderon leading the second unit? That's just not even fair anymore. He's probably one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA constantly being overshadowed by the pluthora of superstar point guards. Deadly shooter, great ballhandling, smart decision maker. When Nash gets back into the lineup, and Pau doesn't perform, I pull the trigger with Toronto right away.
NeeJee

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:38 pm

King of Clutch wrote:

Metta for LeBron James and some picks :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 pm

NeeJee wrote:Wanna talk about a REAL stretch 4? One trade offer seems to be flying under the radar quite a bit. Pau for Bargnani and Calderon. Andrea is still fairly young, he's a smart player, and can flat out shoot a basketball. A pick and roll/pop with him and Nash would be devastating. Nash made Channing Frye a premiere shooting threat, just imagine what he'd do with Bargnani. Imagine all of the wide open Pau jumpers from the elbows, but instead Bargnani standing out behind the arc as wide open as Pau is. That's a salivating thought. Also Calderon leading the second unit? That's just not even fair anymore. He's probably one of the most underrated point guards in the NBA constantly being overshadowed by the pluthora of superstar point guards. Deadly shooter, great ballhandling, smart decision maker. When Nash gets back into the lineup, and Pau doesn't perform, I pull the trigger with Toronto right away.

I was behind this thought process too but playing devils advocate, I think the stretch 4 rep of Bargnani is a bit overrated, he's been a sub 30% 3pt shooter for the last 3 season, he's been a sub 40% shooter for his career and only reason he has high ppg avg. is because Tor tries to showcase him to somewhat justify the #1 pick and his contract. Just food for thought, just in case anyone here thinks that Bargs would come here and just light things up.
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:41 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:
The Rock wrote:Mickael Pietrus with 23 points tonight in Sacramento...why didnt we sign this guy :bang:

Yea but can he drink and drive like ebanks?

:man10: :man10: :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion