Free Agent Frenzy: Rumors, Reports, Rumblings

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:02 pm

therealdeal wrote:Boobie would be really nice as a backup PG in this system. He's a good shooter, a nice athlete, young and quick. He's a perfect fit for the system and would give us more than Morris ever could.


so good he's been getting DNP for one of the bottom feeding team in the league, guess he'll fit right in when he gets here :man10:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10400
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Boobie would be really nice as a backup PG in this system. He's a good shooter, a nice athlete, young and quick. He's a perfect fit for the system and would give us more than Morris ever could.


so good he's been getting DNP for one of the bottom feeding team in the league, guess he'll fit right in when he gets here :man10:

So was Clark.
[img]
http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2011/Apr/fizz.jpg[/img]
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39764
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Boobie would be really nice as a backup PG in this system. He's a good shooter, a nice athlete, young and quick. He's a perfect fit for the system and would give us more than Morris ever could.


so good he's been getting DNP for one of the bottom feeding team in the league, guess he'll fit right in when he gets here :man10:

So was Clark.
[img]
http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2011/Apr/fizz.jpg[/img]


Clark got DNP on THIS team, he was playing in Orl if you think Gibson is a PG they you should re-evaluate what a PG is. He was only useful being that stand in the corner shooting PG, once James left he's been riding the pine in favor of less one dimensional players. We'll find out I guess wont we, I made my gripe bout Meeks too when we signed him but just brushed it off cause he's that "floor spacer" I bet it wont be long if we did get Boobie he'll be relegated to the pine just like Meeks was.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10400
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 am

Look up the average minutes played by Clark in Orlando. Look up how many minutes he played for them total and how many DNPs he had. Clark has NEVER gotten the opportunity he's getting here.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39764
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

therealdeal wrote:Look up the average minutes played by Clark in Orlando. Look up how many minutes he played for them total and how many DNPs he had. Clark has NEVER gotten the opportunity he's getting here.


and he wouldn't have gotten that opportunity had it not been for injuries. Its not as if he was so great in practice that coaches had no choice. His situation is NOT even comparable to Gibson, he's the oppposite, Gibson was a regular starter, then a regular bench and now getting DNP's, this isn't some rookie or young player like Hill/Clark who had to learn their nitch in this league, this is a guy who had a nitch and now has regressed to the point where he can't even get off the pine on a horrible team.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10400
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby The Rock on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am

I think the owners are putting the onus on the Big 4 to figure it out. Like they always have they've always put pressure on the core of the team to get it together and elevate their play of the teammates (just like 2011 thats why we remained still). It hasn't happened unfortunately. Gasol is declining fast. Howard is not healthy (he looks stiff kinda like Ron did in 2012 when he had some nerve issues in the back). Kobe is struggling. Nash looks gassed. Rest of the team are not contributing much outside of Clark.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19979
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Look up the average minutes played by Clark in Orlando. Look up how many minutes he played for them total and how many DNPs he had. Clark has NEVER gotten the opportunity he's getting here.


and he wouldn't have gotten that opportunity had it not been for injuries. Its not as if he was so great in practice that coaches had no choice. His situation is NOT even comparable to Gibson, he's the oppposite, Gibson was a regular starter, then a regular bench and now getting DNP's, this isn't some rookie or young player like Hill/Clark who had to learn their nitch in this league, this is a guy who had a nitch and now has regressed to the point where he can't even get off the pine on a horrible team.

You mean like Gasol? A 19 million dollar player and champion now on the bench? Things change. It's that sime.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39764
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 am

well, we've been complaining bout D, I dont think Gibson fits that mold honestly and like I said he's as far from a PG as Morris is, maybe more so cause he doesn't create at ALL.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10400
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby The Rock on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 pm

Come the eff on. I wanted Walker and West

https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/status/293733887174131712

BREAKING: Grizzlies are going to sign former Knick Bill Walker and former Celtic Delonte West. Also will sign Sasha Vujacic.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19979
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Kit on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 pm

WOW!!!!
Kit

 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Kit on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

It would be fun if we had the Machine back.
Kit

 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Emiliano Carchia: Sasha Vujacic is staying in Istanbul with Anadolu Efes. Via @Ismail Senol Twitter @SportandoBasket
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Play inside out using Dwight/Pau more. Slow down the pace. Play Meeks.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Play Meeks.


You had me until this. Dude is hot garbage.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Play inside out using Dwight/Pau more. Slow down the pace. Play Meeks.


So.... do the opposite of what our coach wants..... :man10:

Run, Chuck 3's and shoot quickly is the MDA way......
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22521
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:Play Meeks.


You had me until this. Dude is hot garbage.


His minutes have been erratic all season. His role has yet to be set. And he probably hasnt had consistent minutes with a single rotation to get used to them and get in a rhythm. I honestly think he struggled but given consistent minutes and role then he can contribute way more than Morris and Duhon. Rather Meeks play then them. 1 3 and hes already outdone them and defense is about the same. Duhon or Morris at the 1 and Meeks at the 2 backcourt would be more solid than a 2 PG lineup who suck on both ends. I want him to get one more chance....a real chance not just 3 mins
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4694
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:Play Meeks.


You had me until this. Dude is hot garbage.


His minutes have been erratic all season. His role has yet to be set. And he probably hasnt had consistent minutes with a single rotation to get used to them and get in a rhythm. I honestly think he struggled but given consistent minutes and role then he can contribute way more than Morris and Duhon. Rather Meeks play then them. 1 3 and hes already outdone them and defense is about the same. Duhon or Morris at the 1 and Meeks at the 2 backcourt would be more solid than a 2 PG lineup who suck on both ends. I want him to get one more chance....a real chance not just 3 mins


You make some good points, but here's my thoughts.

Step 1. He was brought in to stretch the floor from 3pt land... and he cant make 3pters.
Step 2. He's a competitive dude and really wants to win/contribute so he started putting the ball on the floor and going to the hoop in lieu of his shot not falling.
Step 3. Disaster ensues.

He was getting better minutes earlier in the season, but they have really fallen off of late due to his performance, not the other way around IMHO.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Ludachris on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm

sina wrote:Howard / Gasol
Clark / Jamson
MWP
Bryant / Meeks / Morris
Nash / Duhon

Howard n Bryant are expected to play extended minutes at C n SG. With Gasol n MWP can play PF, Clark, Byrant n Morris can play SF, I think Lakers are set at these spots. What they need is a capable back up PG, better a combo guard can set play n score. Obviously Duhon isn't this kind of player they need.

There are only abt 40 games left. At this time of a season, I don't expect major trade hapened as they would have no time to build up chemistry.

Gasol may not be a good fit to this time. However, with his expiring contract, his trade value would be much higher in coming off season or next season. Besides, he is also a capable C if Howard decided to walk away from Lakers this summer.

Because the chemistry the existing players have built up so far is so great... I think they know this season is history and they need to trade Pau to see if there is a better fit that makes sense to plan around for next season. It's no longer about putting a playoff team on the court this season, it's about getting some new blood that might work better for next season, using this season as an extended preseason and evaluation period for different line ups with the remaining players that stick around.

With that said, I could easily see them keeping Gasol around in case Howard leaves this summer, unless of course they could land Smith, Pekovic or another serviceable big man in return for Pau.
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

 
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 7:34 am

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby charvin on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Here's an interesting thought... Are the Lakers most likely going to avoid using the amnesty provision that was provided? It was given to allow teams to cut one bad salary and now it seems improbable that the Lakers will use it on the already limited number of players allowed.
charvin

 
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm

charvin wrote:Here's an interesting thought... Are the Lakers most likely going to avoid using the amnesty provision that was provided? It was given to allow teams to cut one bad salary and now it seems improbable that the Lakers will use it on the already limited number of players allowed.

If anyone, we might use it on Steve Blake (FINALLY) since he's been injured a lot, and we can at least get something in return for Gasol.

Or we could...

Amnesty Kobe.

Trade Pau and Dwight for expirings and lotto picks.

And be $30M under the salary cap with a bright future ahead.

:man11:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9331
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 pm

There's no reason to even do that. We can just wait and get rid of every single contract in 2014 -- except Nash, who we can trade since his contract will be a 9M expiring.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37434
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Vlade_12 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 pm

this trade works in the ESPN CHECKER
Mega deal

3 Team trade ATL, SAC, LA
Kings Outgoing: Cousins Center, PG Aaron Brooks, SF John Salmons, SG Francisco Garcia, Tyler Honeycutt SF
Hawks Outgoing: Al Hortford C, Josh Smith PF, Anthony Tolliver, Jannero Pargo PG, Mike Scott SG,
Lakers: Dwight Howard C, Steve Blake PG, Devin Ebanks SF

Kings Incoming: Al Hortford PF, Hawks 1st round pick, Mike Scott SG, Pargo PG, Devin Ebanks SF
Lakers Incoming: Aaron Brooks, Demarcus Cousins C, Tyler Honeycutt SF, Josh Smith PF
Hawks Incoming: Dwight Howard C, SF John Salmons, SG Garcia, Steve Blake PG, Chuck Hayes

Kings Lineup
Hortford
Thompson TRob
Johnson Ebanks
Tyreke Thornton
Thomas Jimmer
Shed money, helps tanks, swap out Cousins who is talented but immature, add another 1st pick. Tank so they get a new face of their Supersonic franchise. A star swingman

Lakers
Cousins Sacre
Gasol Josh Smith
MWP Clark
Kobe Meeks
Nash Brooks
Roll the dice with added talent at a quick pg, a big man who has a post game and can shoot, and Josh Smith. Could still ship out Gasol for more wing help. I like Cousins he needs to grow up like Dwight but he isnt happy with his team. Honeycutt has potential too.

Atlanta
Dwight Landry
Zaza Tolliver
Korver Morrow
Salmons Lou Williams
Teague Devin Harris
Would need to add a 4, maybe sign Kenyon Martin? But Dwight back hoom with Teague and Lou WIlliams would be enticing for the Hawks in the future, but he would also have two great shooters in Morrow and Korver
Atlanta and Supersonics need a shake up, and have disgruntled stars. Dwight would land home, surrounded by shooters.
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby TIME on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Vlade_12 wrote:this trade works in the ESPN CHECKER
Mega deal

3 Team trade ATL, SAC, LA
Kings Outgoing: Cousins Center, PG Aaron Brooks, SF John Salmons, SG Francisco Garcia, Tyler Honeycutt SF
Hawks Outgoing: Al Hortford C, Josh Smith PF, Anthony Tolliver, Jannero Pargo PG, Mike Scott SG,
Lakers: Dwight Howard C, Steve Blake PG, Devin Ebanks SF

Kings Incoming: Al Hortford PF, Hawks 1st round pick, Mike Scott SG, Pargo PG, Devin Ebanks SF
Lakers Incoming: Aaron Brooks, Demarcus Cousins C, Tyler Honeycutt SF, Josh Smith PF
Hawks Incoming: Dwight Howard C, SF John Salmons, SG Garcia, Steve Blake PG, Chuck Hayes

Kings Lineup
Hortford
Thompson TRob
Johnson Ebanks
Tyreke Thornton
Thomas Jimmer
Shed money, helps tanks, swap out Cousins who is talented but immature, add another 1st pick. Tank so they get a new face of their Supersonic franchise. A star swingman

Lakers
Cousins Sacre
Gasol Josh Smith
MWP Clark
Kobe Meeks
Nash Brooks
Roll the dice with added talent at a quick pg, a big man who has a post game and can shoot, and Josh Smith. Could still ship out Gasol for more wing help. I like Cousins he needs to grow up like Dwight but he isnt happy with his team. Honeycutt has potential too.

Atlanta
Dwight Landry
Zaza Tolliver
Korver Morrow
Salmons Lou Williams
Teague Devin Harris
Would need to add a 4, maybe sign Kenyon Martin? But Dwight back hoom with Teague and Lou WIlliams would be enticing for the Hawks in the future, but he would also have two great shooters in Morrow and Korver
Atlanta and Supersonics need a shake up, and have disgruntled stars. Dwight would land home, surrounded by shooters.


Are you going to post this in every thread?

Once is plenty. Not to mention that 13 player trades just never happen.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9405
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Vlade_12 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:51 pm

there has been a 13 man trade before, there is a precedent
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby TIME on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Vlade_12 wrote:there has been a 13 man trade before, there is a precedent


Ok, once. In history. And there were no star players involved. It's not gonna happen.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9405
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CaCHooKa Man, Google [Bot], Lets Go Lakers, SK8 and 28 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.