Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 pm

therealdeal wrote:Is that going to impact our roster?


Yes. Our guys are going to be even more demoralized when we lose to a depleted, old Celtics team. :man13:


:disagree:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37051
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

I wasn't getting on anyone's case, just asking the question.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36966
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Well kind of since we are going to play them next week hehe.
Kit

 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 am

I think we need to make a run at a backup Center. With D12 in and out of the lineup and Pau as our only real big man (Sorry Sacre), we don't have any type of resistance in the paint.

Having a guy like Jermaine O'Neal or the Steamer from Minny would be a good backup plan.

And a small forward that can shoot the 3 ball to supplement MWP when his shot isn't falling.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18319
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 am

I was watching the Toronto game last night. It made think back to what Toronto was reportedly offering for Pau. I like Amir Johnson and Demarcus Rozan. Those are two players I would gladly take back in a Pau trade. I just don't want to take back Bargnani's contract, tough.
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26 am

Asked about his remaining options to salvage this season, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said, “We will not make a trade. We will not trade Dwight Howard. We have no intention of making a trade. It’s unlikely that we’ll make any trade with any of our principal players. To make another change at this time of the year being behind the eight-ball like we are, I think that would just make it more difficult. The talent is there. We have to find our way.”
via Steven Marcus of Newsday.com.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/lakers-kupcha ... WH9Qor2.99


Two things.....

1.) Last time he said this D12 and Nash found their way to LA.

2.) If this is true, can you please get another wing player? Not a stud but someone like Korver/Dunleavy/Dudley/Webster type player that come in and space the floor.....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18319
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 am

Will Bynum to run the second unit instead of Blake? With Knight and Calerdon (and even Stucky) Det doesnt need Bynum.

How much does make and what can we offer?

They should also be giving Ebanks some run. I don't think he is great. But he did start a few games for them, worked on his J, and can defend guys like Barnes, Grant Hill, Battier, Ray Allen, Ellington, etc.

Maybe with Kobe and Nash facilitating so much Ebanks can be of use for the slashing and mid-range stuff that Artest sucks at.
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:47 pm

^^^3.5mill and is expiring so I dont think we have the value to give Det.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 9956
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:49 pm

I want a wing that can spread the floor.

But what I want more is a wing who can keep his man in front of him.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3140
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Although I hate Terry, I'd still take him.Blake + Morris for Terry. :man12:
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 pm

I believe they will do something despite what Mitch says. I don't think Pau will be traded, I don't think the idea of trading Dwight will even be entertained. I do think salary might try to be dumped, Ebanks, Morris, Duhon, for a second round pick or something, or even the disabled player exception might be used to fill a need. It's too late to make a major move and turn the season around IMO, so they'll roll with the main big pieces we have, hope to make the playoffs, then make moves in the offseason. I can't really blame them if they go that route either, not a huge chance to win it all this season no matter what moves we make.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49749
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Wolves forward Lou Amundson said he has been talking with his agent about the very real possibility that he will be traded or waived Friday if the Wolves intend to make room for both Chris Johnson and Mickael Gelabale for the rest of the season. "It's a business so you have to kind of think ahead," Amundson said. "Whatever happens, just continue to do what I'm doing. Everything's on the table right now. You never like to get traded, but sometimes the situation isn't what you hope to it to be. It can work out for the best sometimes." Minneapolis Star-Tribune
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES, LOUIS AMUNDSON


I think Lou would be a nice insurance big for us. IIRC he ran with Nash in Phoenix when they had that nice bench.

Maybe squeeze Cunningham out of them as well. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18319
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Asked about his remaining options to salvage this season, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said, “We will not make a trade. We will not trade Dwight Howard. We have no intention of making a trade. It’s unlikely that we’ll make any trade with any of our principal players. To make another change at this time of the year being behind the eight-ball like we are, I think that would just make it more difficult. The talent is there. We have to find our way.”
via Steven Marcus of Newsday.com.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/lakers-kupcha ... WH9Qor2.99


Two things.....

1.) Last time he said this D12 and Nash found their way to LA.

2.) If this is true, can you please get another wing player? Not a stud but someone like Korver/Dunleavy/Dudley/Webster type player that come in and space the floor.....


I believe Mitch is trying to say that WE won't be shopping players. If a trade happens, it will be an "offer we can't refuse" from another team. In general, I agree with him that chemistry is our problem moreso than talent. Bringing in another player mid-season doesn't help with the gelling process. If a trade happens this season, it will be a no-brainer like Pau Gasol for Kevin Love.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
User avatar
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21363
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby charvin on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:46 pm

From watching him play a few years ago, his FT shooting sucked. If that hasn't improved, do we want hack a Looey going on?

Doc Brown wrote:
Wolves forward Lou Amundson said he has been talking with his agent about the very real possibility that he will be traded or waived Friday if the Wolves intend to make room for both Chris Johnson and Mickael Gelabale for the rest of the season. "It's a business so you have to kind of think ahead," Amundson said. "Whatever happens, just continue to do what I'm doing. Everything's on the table right now. You never like to get traded, but sometimes the situation isn't what you hope to it to be. It can work out for the best sometimes." Minneapolis Star-Tribune
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES, LOUIS AMUNDSON


I think Lou would be a nice insurance big for us. IIRC he ran with Nash in Phoenix when they had that nice bench.

Maybe squeeze Cunningham out of them as well. :man1:
charvin

 
Posts: 530
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby XXIV on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Hack a Loeey :man10:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6358
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:48 pm

I'll take anything that involves Hack-A-ItImprovesOurTeamGoingForward.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18319
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 pm

We need to sign another big man if Dwight is so sensitive about his shoulder for the rest of his shoulder :)
Kit

 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:14 pm

We need another big ASAP....

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Pau Gasol will get an MRI tomorrow in Boston on his R foot. Lakers call it a “plantar fascia strain.” Foot has bothered him all season.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18319
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 pm

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...

Dwight better be coming back...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36966
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

therealdeal wrote:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...

Dwight better be coming back...


I obviously hope so as well, but the way Pau has been scoring, we're going to miss that if he's out any length of time. Pau being a threat to score and being a good passer in the post I believe has opened a lot of things up, Dwight is great for defense, but he's not a huge offensive threat and not the passer Pau is.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49749
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 pm

we better try to go after k martin or an other big man who can defend and rebound. i know many of you guys can t stand kenyon martin but he would help the lakers
kobebryant248

 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Weezy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...

Dwight better be coming back...


I obviously hope so as well, but the way Pau has been scoring, we're going to miss that if he's out any length of time. Pau being a threat to score and being a good passer in the post I believe has opened a lot of things up, Dwight is great for defense, but he's not a huge offensive threat and not the passer Pau is.

I'm not saying we don't need Pau, but if we're out BOTH of those guys then we're not winning many games.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36966
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:46 pm

If they are both out I too wonder if they're thinking about bringing in an insurance big like Martin. Hopefully not Martin himself :mhihi: : , but there's gotta be somebody decent out there to be had.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 49749
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:51 pm

I'd pick up Fesenko and Martin at this point and let Ebanks/Morris go.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 18319
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvement: So how's your 40 dash? You're hired!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I'd pick up Fesenko and Martin at this point and let Ebanks/Morris go.

I'll pass on Fesenko for now. Sacre can give us everything Fesenko can. But definitely we need a Martin on the bench.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36966
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.