Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm shocked that you haven't even heard our name in even rumors about just talking to or reaching out to free agents out there, or inquiring in small trades. I don't think this team is good enough as is with the loss of Pau to make the playoffs, something needs to happen, even if a small move for more size.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:57 pm

or maybe the FO is just gonna keep things as is this year & look to improve next year. I think Pau and MWP can net us some youth in the draft

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:05 pm

2013-2014 Los Angeles Lakers

Keep: Kobe, Clark, Nash, Hill, Jamison, Sacre

Trade: MWP, Dwight, Pau

Maybe: Meeks, Morris (as a 3rd string 2), Pau (if Dwight walks or is traded, also depending on what we get back in that trade)

What you do with the rest, I could care less.

Who are some defensive bigs available that we could get? A la Roy Hibbert.
Chillbongo

Postby themasterphil on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:26 pm

This team need some move ASAP, just sign K-Mart or someone else,but they need some trade to happen NOW....if that doesnt happen then let Howard to work on himself, just say he cant play bc of injury and give him chance to recover before next season start....this 30 games can be used to improve Clark and Sacre bc this team with MDA and injured Howard cant do anything, PO maybe but what that really mean, they cant win any team in 1st round so whats the point.....then next year fire MDA, bring Shaw and move Pau and Metta for some young players...
themasterphil

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Pau's injury makes him untradable until next season.

I also don't see the FO trading D12. They've already publicly said that they won't do it.

I agree that we need to look to move MWP, but I don't think he has much trade value. I don't see us getting something better for him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Seems like Mitch always makes a small move that saves us a bit of money for young guys that don't fit on other teams. Sometimes those moves net us players that fit in well. We'll make some kind of move for sure.
lakersin4

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:27 pm

revgen wrote:Pau's injury makes him untradable until next season.

I also don't see the FO trading D12. They've already publicly said that they won't do it.

I agree that we need to look to move MWP, but I don't think he has much trade value. I don't see us getting something better for him.

A team could choose to waive Pau's physical if they're comfortable with the timetable for his return. I look at a team like the Bulls. With Rose supposed to be back in time for the playoffs, he probably won't be 100% even in the playoffs., they could lose Deng & Boozer for Pau & Jamison or MWP & still probably make the playoffs. Do you take Rose + Pau come playoff time/next season over Deng & Boozer? They've been trying to dump Boozer forever. They also have some quality players to throw in's like RIP, Nate or Belinelli.

Nash, Kobe, Deng, Earl, Dwight is a huge improvement in terms of fit. With Kobe & Nash we need a guy who can really dominate on D at SF & knock down open shots, Deng's a much better fit for us than MWP at this point. Boozer has no problem shooting jumpers at the 4, he doesn't post up too much.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

nice to see Mgmt. show as much urgency in their search for roster addition as much as our team is showing in regards to winning :freak2: :bang:
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Lakers not eyeing any FA bigs right now, according to a source. Still evaluating. Want to see how much Dwight (shoulder) can give them.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Apparently getting outrebounded by a Miami team with no center is no cause for concern.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:07 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
revgen wrote:Pau's injury makes him untradable until next season.

A team could choose to waive Pau's physical if they're comfortable with the timetable for his return. I look at a team like the Bulls. With Rose supposed to be back in time for the playoffs, he probably won't be 100% even in the playoffs., they could lose Deng & Boozer for Pau & Jamison or MWP & still probably make the playoffs. Do you take Rose + Pau come playoff time/next season over Deng & Boozer? They've been trying to dump Boozer forever. They also have some quality players to throw in's like RIP, Nate or Belinelli.

Nash, Kobe, Deng, Earl, Dwight is a huge improvement in terms of fit. With Kobe & Nash we need a guy who can really dominate on D at SF & knock down open shots, Deng's a much better fit for us than MWP at this point. Boozer has no problem shooting jumpers at the 4, he doesn't post up too much.

Besides a short stretch before he got hurt, Pau has been playing like crap most of the season. I don't see the Bulls or any other team trading for him. The value simply isn't there.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Lakers not eyeing any FA bigs right now, according to a source. Still evaluating. Want to see how much Dwight (shoulder) can give them.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Apparently getting outrebounded by a Miami team with no center is no cause for concern.

nice, again as I noted I see our FO is showing the same type of urgency as our team, which is to say very little.
khmrP

Postby Kit on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Oh Jimmy boy...
Kit

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:59 am

Kit wrote:Oh Jimmy boy...

What makes you think it's only Jim who isn't ready to sign anybody?

I hate that whenever we sign/get a good player Mitch gets the praise, and whenever we don't make a move it's because of "freaking Jim Buss"...

I'm no Jim Buss supporter but I just can't stand the many times unjustified hate.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:05 am

Finwë wrote:

I hate that whenever we sign/get a good player Mitch gets the praise, and whenever we don't make a move it's because of "freaking Jim Buss"...

I'm no Jim Buss supporter but I just can't stand the many times unjustified hate.

unjustified? really? after rudy? after brown? after dantoni?

jeanie and jim arnt on speaking terms, and that says alot.

jim shouldnt be doing anything basketball related, he clearly has no talent for it
LooN3y

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am

Really ? We are blaming a FO which is going to spend 130 M on payroll for this crap season for not spending additional cash on another player ( who will have a very limited impact)
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:18 am

LooN3y wrote:
Finwë wrote:

unjustified? really? after rudy? after brown? after dantoni?

jeanie and jim arnt on speaking terms, and that says alot.

jim shouldnt be doing anything basketball related, he clearly has no talent for it

I haven't liked "his" (btw, are we really sure they were 100% his decisions? -the answer's no-) coaching hires, and consider that criticism justified. What's unjustified is, for example, Kit blaming Jim for the team not making moves (i.e. trades or player signings) just yet. Makes no sense at all to blame Jim Buss. Do we know it's his decision? Do we know it's not Mitch's? Do we know it's not a decision they both agree on?
Again, we make a good move, "all praise mitch!" We make a bad move / don't make one, "F Jim Buss". It's pathetic reasoning.
Wasn't Jim Buss the one who insisted on Mitch calling PHO and asking about Nash? Wasn't Jim Buss who got over his "man crush on his boy Bynum" and told Mitch to go get Howard?

BTW, it was said by many that it was Dr. Buss himself who was behind (or partially behind) the MDA hire..

Fans are just too quick to blame it all on Jim Buss, all the while having so little information and being so contradictory that they just come out ignorant.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:52 am

:bow: :jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57 am

We praised Jimmy when we got Dwight, didn't we? duh!
Kit

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:02 pm

if FO really thinks the current cast can get it done then we're doomed.......how can we rest this season on a gimpy, bi-polar Howard? Its ridiculous how bad the D gets once Howard is out of the game and thats with him half-arsing to boot when he is out there.
khmrP

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

I wonder what the delay is. Maybe they are trying to make a trade also.
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

khmrP wrote:if FO really thinks the current cast can get it done then we're doomed.......how can we rest this season on a gimpy, bi-polar Howard? Its ridiculous how bad the D gets once Howard is out of the game and thats with him half-arsing to boot when he is out there.

Because the FO might have given up already. :man10:

They built a team that should have won everything and not only have we had one of the most injury ridden seasons ever, but they've underperformed regardless.

This isn't on them to spend more money. I can understand if they don't make more moves.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 pm

^Well, if they're to evaluate what Howard brings to the table before they make a move they only have 3 games to do so; not counting what they have already seen since Howard has come come back against Boston. So, essentially, you have Phoenix, the Clips, & Boston.

IMO, at the very least we need another legit big; I would take an SF, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:11 pm

What Dwight can bring thing doesn't make sense to me. The problem we have is that when Dwight is not on the court.
Kit

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Maybe they're just trying to make a trade we're not expecting. I have no idea, but I kind of doubt it.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to bring someone in besides the obvious point: why bother? Why pay the extra 3 million (including taxes) to a guy like Martin just to MAYBE make the playoffs?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:48 pm

our guys are falling apart and mgmt. seem to have no sense of urgency to add players :bang:
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion