Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:05 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
Let's pretend Josh Smith, for a trade with your team, was willing to sign a "No mid-range/3-point jumpers" clause. Would you want him then?


:man10: :man10:


I can see why Smith/Howard are best friends, neither has improved much in terms of bball fundamentals, they're just freakishly athletic.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby escobar8 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 am

if we go for bell i will be angry and disapointed...
User avatar
escobar8

 
Posts: 9767
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 am
Location: Croatia

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:26 pm

escobar8 wrote:if we go for bell i will be angry and disapointed...

EVEN IF WE TRADE BLAKE/DUHON/SACRE/ IN THE PROCESS? I WOUDLNT :jam2:
User avatar
PurpleNGold1

 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:30 pm
Location: SFV/NOHO AREA

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:
escobar8 wrote:if we go for bell i will be angry and disapointed...

EVEN IF WE TRADE BLAKE/DUHON/SACRE/ IN THE PROCESS? I WOUDLNT :jam2:


So you'd be happy if we traded both of our backup PGs and only remaining insurance 7 footer for a washed up old player? You realize that would mean Morris is our backup and we're one Nash injury from him being our starter and only PG right?
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Weezy wrote:
PurpleNGold1 wrote:
escobar8 wrote:if we go for bell i will be angry and disapointed...

EVEN IF WE TRADE BLAKE/DUHON/SACRE/ IN THE PROCESS? I WOUDLNT :jam2:


So you'd be happy if we traded both of our backup PGs and only remaining insurance 7 footer for a washed up old player? You realize that would mean Morris is our backup and we're one Nash injury from him being our starter and only PG right?

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby crooner on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Lakers trade: Dwight Howard
Lakers receive: Monta Ellis, Al Horford

Atlanta trades: Josh Smith, Al Horford
Atlanta receives: Dwight Howard

Milwaukee trades: Monta Ellis
Milwaukee receives: Josh Smith

LA gets two very good players for, when healthy, a top 3 player in the league.
Atlanta gets the potential superstar they’re looking for.
Milwaukee gets a defensive minded sf/pf who is a slight upgrade and opens up a starting spot for them to acquire Reddick in a subsequent trade with Orlando.

The Lakers aren’t historically in the business of trading superstars, but in this case it would seem to be addition by subtraction.
crooner

 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:11 am

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Here's the thing though: Dwight is probably not going to be traded. Pau might.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37464
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:51 pm

between Monta and Hordford is top 3 player. :man10:

why would ATL trade Smith if they want Dwight?

:man10: :man10: :man10:
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9887
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 pm

crooner wrote:Lakers trade: Dwight Howard
Lakers receive: Monta Ellis, Al Horford

Atlanta trades: Josh Smith, Al Horford
Atlanta receives: Dwight Howard

Milwaukee trades: Monta Ellis
Milwaukee receives: Josh Smith

LA gets two very good players for, when healthy, a top 3 player in the league.
Atlanta gets the potential superstar they’re looking for.
Milwaukee gets a defensive minded sf/pf who is a slight upgrade and opens up a starting spot for them to acquire Reddick in a subsequent trade with Orlando.

The Lakers aren’t historically in the business of trading superstars, but in this case it would seem to be addition by subtraction.


I like this one, everybody gets sometime worthwhile, nobody gets screwed.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 pm

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/304018463268171776

Kupchak: "There’s not a way to upgrade the talent on this team. I don’t anticipate anything dramatic talking place in the next 2 days."
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 pm

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/304018463268171776

Kupchak: "There’s not a way to upgrade the talent on this team. I don’t anticipate anything dramatic talking place in the next 2 days."


I believe him. IMO, based on this premise & this roster, we're not making the PO's...
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Well, that's a shame if true, but I get it. Moves will be left to the summer and this season is a wrap.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm

^ Yep. And that's why we haven't seen him make any smaller moves... As depressing as that is.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 pm

I agree. This time he probably won't make any moves. We'll see what happens next season and 2014-15 should be very interesting.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37464
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm

i'm not too surprised by mitch's statement, especially given we have no real assets to trade (picks, expirings, etc).

i think we need a big if nothing else, while pau is out. whether we sign someone to a couple 10 day contracts or a small trade involving one of our young players.
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 pm

I like Tom Penn on ESPN ok, but he just suggested Pau for Bargnani and fields, that's terrible. He also suggested Pau for Josh Smith and Morrow, that's decent.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Weezy wrote:I like Tom Penn on ESPN ok, but he just suggested Pau for Bargnani and fields, that's terrible. He also suggested Pau for Josh Smith and Morrow, that's decent.


i'd do smith and morrow for pau. we get a 3 point shooter and guy that can play the 3 or 4, and show some lateral quickness for his size.

don't know why ATL would do it, but oh well
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm

I don't know why Atlanta would do it either, but that's ESPN for you. I don't know why we would do Pau for Bargnani and Fields either, Bargs is garbage, guy is 7 foot and averages 4 rebounds.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't know why Atlanta would do it either, but that's ESPN for you. I don't know why we would do Pau for Bargnani and Fields either, Bargs is garbage, guy is 7 foot and averages 4 rebounds.


i heard some idiotic suggestions on the radio about moving dwight for brook lopez. talk about 7 feet tall and 4 rebounds. well maybe he averages 6
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:02 pm

^ Their fact was that Lopez is better than Howard this season so it makes sense.

Nevermind that both of them are having statistically anomalous seasons so far. Healthier-than-ever-Lopez having a better season now than Injury-ridden-Dwight means he's better long term.

Yup.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:18 pm

^if anything, id' say they're having the same year. lopez is at 19 and 7, dwight at 16 and 12. both averaging just over 2 blocks.

i can't stand brook lopez, terrible rebounder as a C. i shouldn't even refer to him as a rebounder.
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby last stand on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 pm

i wonder if boston would go for a pau and nash for rondo, green, lee, and jason collins.

probably a reach, unless they think little of green, but still would be a solid trade for both sides IMO
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:46 pm

last stand wrote:i wonder if boston would go for a pau and nash for rondo, green, lee, and jason collins.

probably a reach, unless they think little of green, but still would be a solid trade for both sides IMO

what you gona do bout PG this season and some of next?
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby last stand on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:53 pm

khmrP wrote:
last stand wrote:i wonder if boston would go for a pau and nash for rondo, green, lee, and jason collins.

probably a reach, unless they think little of green, but still would be a solid trade for both sides IMO

what you gona do bout PG this season and some of next?


blake and duhon? it'd be a move toward the future. you'd go into a future with a rondo and howard tandem. obviously in some ways it'd be a white flag for this season, but in others it'd be a move toward a bright future. just something to think about.

i like the idea of howard, rondo, green, clark, and hill going forward defensively
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvement: 3 Bigs injured, do we shop at KMart?

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 pm

last stand wrote:
khmrP wrote:
last stand wrote:i wonder if boston would go for a pau and nash for rondo, green, lee, and jason collins.

probably a reach, unless they think little of green, but still would be a solid trade for both sides IMO

what you gona do bout PG this season and some of next?


blake and duhon? it'd be a move toward the future. you'd go into a future with a rondo and howard tandem. obviously in some ways it'd be a white flag for this season, but in others it'd be a move toward a bright future. just something to think about.

i like the idea of howard, rondo, green, clark, and hill going forward defensively


I like everything but GREEN, bad contract, horrible tweener. We wouldn't need to add Nash to get Rondo if that was available, Bos should be paying US to take Green off their hands.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: c.Lin, Google [Bot] and 12 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.