Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvement: Free Agents Now and Later?

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 pm

But that's not reality. Reality is that we have Morris, Duhon, Blake, and Nash at the PG position.

We've never NEEDED Derek. We NEED a backup/starting SF.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Of course not. But at $261,000 if a CBA genie showed up, I would absolutely take Derek Fisher over Duhon and Morris.

But realistically, no we don't need another pg. At the beginning of the year would I have taken Fisher over Morris? Probably..
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Well yes, that'd be different. If we could switch Duhon for Fisher is one thing, but we can't.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:16 am

^What this team needs is LeBron James. You put LeBron at the 3, with Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Howard, and let Artest(World Peace) come off the bench with Blake, Clark and a healthy Jordan Hill; and we walk our way to a championship this season. Incredible that one person(LeBron) could basically solve all of our problems right now. Sadly, it will only happen in my dreams :man6:
LAKEROC

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 am

LAKEROC wrote:^What this team needs is LeBron James. You put LeBron at the 3, with Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Howard, and let Artest(World Peace) come off the bench with Blake, Clark and a healthy Jordan Hill; and we walk our way to a championship this season. Incredible that one person(LeBron) could basically solve all of our problems right now. Sadly, it will only happen in my dreams :man6:

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 am

LAKEROC wrote:^What this team needs is LeBron James. You put LeBron at the 3, with Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Howard, and let Artest(World Peace) come off the bench with Blake, Clark and a healthy Jordan Hill; and we walk our way to a championship this season. Incredible that one person(LeBron) could basically solve all of our problems right now. Sadly, it will only happen in my dreams :man6:

:man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LAKEROC on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:06 pm

John Wall went for 37 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists tonight against Indiana. He looked phenomenal. He had a phenomenal game, other than at the free throw line. The Lakers need to pray this guy takes that 1 year QO. He would be our most electrifying point guard we have had since magic Johnson. He looks like he is finally learning to shoot from outside. Once he does that consistently, he will be a top 3 PG in this league next year.
LAKEROC

Postby XXIV on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Would you give him the max?
XXIV

Postby karacha on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 pm

We only need Bron to win? Alright, do it Mitch!
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:12 pm

LAKEROC wrote:John Wall went for 37 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists tonight against Indiana. He looked phenomenal. He had a phenomenal game, other than at the free throw line. The Lakers need to pray this guy takes that 1 year QO. He would be our most electrifying point guard we have had since magic Johnson. He looks like he is finally learning to shoot from outside. Once he does that consistently, he will be a top 3 PG in this league next year.

your post kinda looks like this Dall fan on realgm... :man10: :man10: :man10:
Soupman wrote:Why not bid 30m+ a year to really cripple the lakers cap?
If we get him great.
If we don't sign him the laker's cap is really messed up and we can go after Josh Smith and Bynum.
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:14 pm

He would be perfect. Throw in Lebron and a resigned D12 and Kobe (mini-MLE) and trade Pau for KLove, that would be about as realistic as you could get.

My dream would be to get Andrew Wiggins to come off the bench. Wiggins/Clark/Hill and throw in Eric Bledsoe and this team is about as realistic as we can get.

I have insider information that says this is the exact plan Mitch is trying to put together. Remember I was the one who broke that the Lakers FO was getting TWC into their offices instead of DirecTV.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Jeff Goldblum @JeffyG
Sources confirm that a multi-team trade that will send Lebron, Love, and whatever draft pick Andrew Wiggins will be selected with to the Lakers is imminent once the off season begins.
GoldHammish

Postby Helljumper on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:21 am

GoldHammish wrote:
Jeff Goldblum @JeffyG
Sources confirm that a multi-team trade that will send Lebron, Love, and whatever draft pick Andrew Wiggins will be selected with to the Lakers is imminent once the off season begins.

:man10: Just got back from re-watching Jurassic Park in 3D. There was this one scene with Jeff Goldblum that seemed extremely familiar but I couldn't put my finger on where from. This post just reminded me though. I had totally forgotten about JeffyG's awesome inside info during the Dwightmare and all the amazing .GIFs/pics that were posted in his honor.
Helljumper

Postby kalee8 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:06 am

^
What is this about Jeff Goldblum during the Dwightmare? I keep reading about it but can someone clarify what it was about?
kalee8

Postby trodgers on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:25 am

kalee8 wrote:^
What is this about Jeff Goldblum during the Dwightmare? I keep reading about it but can someone clarify what it was about?

Fake Jeff Goldblum was sourced as having info on Dwight. Lots of images, lots of fake Tweets.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:06 am

And the legend is still alive. :man9:

Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:19 am

LAKEROC wrote:John Wall went for 37 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists tonight against Indiana. He looked phenomenal. He had a phenomenal game, other than at the free throw line. The Lakers need to pray this guy takes that 1 year QO. He would be our most electrifying point guard we have had since magic Johnson. He looks like he is finally learning to shoot from outside. Once he does that consistently, he will be a top 3 PG in this league next year.

IMO he takes the 1 year QO- his agent know we're going to have MAX money and need that PG to pair with Dwight.
Center Court

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 am

get us a bench guy that can create his own shot, have we EVER had one of these?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 am

khmrP wrote:get us a bench guy that can create his own shot, have we EVER had one of these?

Yes.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 am

^ Lamar.
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 am

Shannon to some extent and Farmar. They weren't fantastic. They weren't Crawford or Bledsoe. But they're a hell of a lot better than what we have now.
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

I didn't think lamar was good shot creator, I mean more a Crawford type who can go 1 on 1 when the offense is broken. I didn't see that out of Lamar, farmar/brown I agree, we need something like those 2.
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am

I'm still on the Wall bandwagon too.. Would the Wizards take on Nash & Pau if Wall told them he wasn't going to re-sign? Get athletic guys like Wall, Ariza, Seraphin.. Hopefully we look into something like that.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 am

lakersin4 wrote:I'm still on the Wall bandwagon too.. Would the Wizards take on Nash & Pau if Wall told them he wasn't going to re-sign? Get athletic guys like Wall, Ariza, Seraphin.. Hopefully we look into something like that.

answer is obvious, unless you have the same brain pattern as LAKEROC
khmrP

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:37 am

I don't know.. Nene/Pau is a really interesting fit. Especially with Nash back in control of an offense. Then they still have their future star in Beal. Could work for them, especially if Wall tells them he'll walk for nothing.
lakersin4

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion