Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Center Court on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Young- mMLE
Morrow- Vet Min
Kaman- Vet Min
Brand- Vet Min

Pau/Kaman
Brand/Hill
Morrow/Metta
Kobe/Young/Meeks
Nash/Blake

lotta if's, but I can be okay with that. I'd also be okay with getting a top 5 pick.
Center Court

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 am

charvin wrote:Anyone know what Asik has against Dwight? I'm not complaining, more drama for Houston, but boy, he is serious about his stance of not wanting to play alongside or backup for D12.

I don't think he has anything against Dwight, I think he doesn't want to go from 30 minutes per game to like 15. He doesn't want to be a backup, he wants to play, it's not about Howard specifically.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:53 am

Capt. Jack?

if we cant find another SF...solid vet off the bench
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 am

Staxxx Jack and MWP reunion ? Where do I sign ? Might be the only way to have an entertaining 2013-2014 ... One of them is finally going to punch Nutsbaka
wcsoldier81

Postby kblo247 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:02 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Staxxx Jack and MWP reunion ? Where do I sign ? Might be the only way to have an entertaining 2013-2014 ... One of them is finally going to punch Nutsbaka

Add Kenyon to Jackson along with Odom. Least we would have some some goons to protect kobe and Pau.

Pau/Kenyon
Lamar/Hill
MWP/Jackson
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Blake

Ain't world beaters, but that team will compete every night
kblo247

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:23 am

Ariza3 wrote:Capt. Jack?

if we cant find another SF...solid vet off the bench

Don't know how he slipped my mind but yeah, we should be first in line to take a chance on him.. If we can get Jackson for the minimum & Nick Young the mini mle, we'll actually be decent at SF.
lakersin4

Postby LooN3y on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:23 am

Pau/Kaman
LO/Hill
Artest/Morrow
Kobe/Young
Nash/Blake
LooN3y

Postby noobiew on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:54 am

We have ton of the open roster spots but no one want to sign with us. :man5:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:29 am

Center Court wrote:Young- mMLE
Morrow- Vet Min
Kaman- Vet Min
Brand- Vet Min

Pau/Kaman
Brand/Hill
Morrow/Metta
Kobe/Young/Meeks
Nash/Blake

lotta if's, but I can be okay with that. I'd also be okay with getting a top 5 pick.

Don't laugh, but if that did end up as our lineup for next year I actually think we could be pretty dangerous as long as we stayed healthy.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 am

Weezy wrote:
charvin wrote:Anyone know what Asik has against Dwight? I'm not complaining, more drama for Houston, but boy, he is serious about his stance of not wanting to play alongside or backup for D12.

I don't think he has anything against Dwight, I think he doesn't want to go from 30 minutes per game to like 15. He doesn't want to be a backup, he wants to play, it's not about Howard specifically.

I won't say he has something against Dwight, cause I honestly don't know (maybe there is something extra he didn't like in the Houston Rockets organization), but I do know that according to the rumors, one of the places he did want to go was the Chicago Bulls, were he would most definitely play just those 15 minutes behind Noah. Maybe even less considering how Thibs loves to play his starters a lot.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby kblo247 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:41 am

Asik is a Thibs product. He helped him along. Plus Noah could easily move to the 4 unlike Dwight with his passing and ball handling skills. And even if he came off the bench he would still get 30 minutes assuming he's dealt for boozer. He and Taj would both see 28-30 with Noah getting the majority.

In Houston he knows he and Dwight ain't playing together, as they don't space it and would get hacked. He would be lucky to get 15 if primadonna doesn't want to sit, ask Gortat. To be honest looking at their team right now Parsons may play stretch 4 like in the playoffs while Garcia starts.
kblo247

Postby charvin on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:23 am

One of those initial reports mentioned that Asik didn't want to play alongside or as a backup, meaning he wouldn't prefer it even if they were playing on the same frontcourt team at the same time, I can understand the hacking part, as Asik is also a dismal .500% FT shooter.

Weezy wrote:

charvin

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:00 am

the way we sell this team to FAs is this:

'we're going to amnesty artest, kobe is coming off a major injury, we have an aged PG rotation, and our big man rotation just lost howard. this means you're going to get a ton of playing time to help yourself earn the next contract.'
Pig Miller

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:09 am

Pig Miller wrote:the way we sell this team to FAs is this:

'we're going to amnesty artest, kobe is coming off a major injury, we have an aged PG rotation, and our big man rotation just lost howard. this means you're going to get a ton of playing time to help yourself earn the next contract.'

Agreed.

But they'll just say "That's fine, but over here I have a guaranteed 6 million and all you're offering me is less than 2."

We just aren't offering much right now. I don't think we're even offering the full mini-MLE to anyone because we have so many holes to fill.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 am

Casspi has signed with...The Rockets

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby chingy248 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 am

Antawn Jamison and the Clippers are making progress on a one-year contract.
There is nothing official just yet and the Clippers have been the favorite for Jamison since free agency began.
chingy248

Postby jhalp on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 am

Have a feeling lakers will try to sign raja bell
jhalp

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:18 am

Odom to Vet's min.
Sasha to Vet's min.
Farmar to Vet's min.
Fisher to Vet's min.
Amnesty Metta, sign Ariza to mini-MLE (or trade Nash for Ariza)
Trade Steve Blake to Phoenix for Shannon Brown.

Fisher/Farmar
Kobe/Brown/Vujacic
Ariza/Kelly (Walton)
Odom/Hill (Powell)
Gasol

:man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:52 am

chingy248 wrote:

Antawn Jamison and the Clippers are making progress on a one-year contract.
There is nothing official just yet and the Clippers have been the favorite for Jamison since free agency began.

I hope Tawn goes to the Clips instead of Washington.. That way we probably become the favorites for LO.

I like bringing Stephen Jackson in for the minimum & using amnesty on MWP better than keeping MWP.. Just simple mathematics, you don't pay tax on 8M when you can get the same production for 1.4.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Sasha/Meeks
Captain Jack/Young
LO/Hill/R-Kelly
Pau/Kaman

I really like that team. Hope we can get a better young 3rd string PG than Morris but I think that team works well together.. That frontcourt should be a much better fit for Nash & we know it's a better fit for Kobe.. Pau & LO were great together, & we know Hill also works great with Pau.. I won't be surprised if they keep MWP around for his experience playing with those guys. Maybe they can use the stretch provision on him?
lakersin4

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:08 pm

If Clips take Jamison I hope that means Odom comes to lakers. I'd welcome Capt. Jack as well. along with Kenyon and either Farmar or Sasha or both. all sign 1 year vet mins. most are guys who would like to make up for last season or an nba comeback and can use the exposure. with our roster now they'd prob get good playing time.

Nash/Blake/Farmar
Kobe/Meeks/Sasha
MWP/Capt. Jack
Odom/Kenyon/Kelly
Pau/Hill/Sacre

I would be happy with this roster honestly. after everything we've been through wkth the cp3 thing, not getting Phil, Dwight & Clark leaving. I would be excited to watch this roster play. would be amazing but could work. would be great to see some of the championship run teammates back together again. at least we would have to worry about vet toughness with keyon mwp & jack.
Ariza3

Postby XXIV on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:28 pm

If the Clippers do sign Jamison I would hope that Lamar ends up returning here to the Lakers. My ideal offseason at this moment is what Ariza posted above, I feel that roster would still let us be competitive and fun to watch although we won't be a "contender."
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:47 pm

If we really did give Kaman the mini MLE, and MWP is reportedly going to be amnestied, who the heck is going to play SF for us next season? :man3: We need at least 2 of them and we only have the minimum. Is Kobe going to move to SF? If Lamar signs here is he gonna play SF? I don't see it, he's too fat and slow for that now. Ideas for SF anyone?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Why do i have a feeling, that i'll be seeing Morris in a Lakers uniform for one more year :freak2:
kenzo

Postby XXIV on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Weezy wrote:If we really did give Kaman the mini MLE, and MWP is reportedly going to be amnestied, who the heck is going to play SF for us next season? :man3: We need at least 2 of them and we only have the minimum. Is Kobe going to move to SF? If Lamar signs here is he gonna play SF? I don't see it, he's too fat and slow for that now. Ideas for SF anyone?

No way LO plays SF, he was playing C for the Clips last season. As for the SF spot I could see the Lakers going after Bell and CDR.
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:53 pm

I have no clue what's going on with the roster at this point. :man10:

To be fair, the SF/swing man position is the most numerous in the NBA. There's bound to be a bunch of athletic young guys we can go sign from the D-League or something. Hopefully we call up Chris Douglas-Roberts. I liked him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion