Free Agent Frenzy: Rumors, Reports, Rumblings

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Center Court on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:52 pm

In my wet dream of what has been a dissapointing summer (great outside of Dwight), this is how it'd end.

Odom, Nate, Brewer for Min
Trade Blake and Meeks for Ariza

Pau/Kaman/Sacre
Hill/LO
Ariza/Brewer/Young
Kobe/Young
Nash/Nate/Farmar
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3139
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby chingy248 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 pm

:freak2: How is a guy like Nate, who went nuts in the playoffs, is still unsigned?
User avatar
chingy248

 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 pm

I wonder what kind of options we have to trade Blake for a SF.. We've seen the Ariza idea floating around & that'd be great, but who else needs a solid backup PG & is loaded at SF? I wish Rush didn't end up in Utah, I don't think they'll deal with us.. They do need a solid backup PG & Blake would fit in there, if you know what I'm saying.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby chingy248 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Machine
James Johnson
User avatar
chingy248

 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Alan Anderson - could be a good backup SF. he's not the answer but Kobe & young aren't gonna do much on LBJ KD and Melo

Last Team: Toronto Raptors

Age: 30

Position: SF

2012-13 Per-Game Stats: 10.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.1 blocks, 12.6 PER



Ever since joining the Toronto Raptors after a long stint playing abroad, Alan Anderson has bounced in and out of the starting lineup—depending on teammates' injuries—and remained a consistently productive offensive player. If he could show just a bit more restraint shooting the ball, he'd be a solid starting wing player.

When he's slashing to the basket, he's terrific. Elsewhere, he struggles with his handles and passing skills.

But playing him to his strengths gives a team a solid scoring option off the bench and a fantastic perimeter defender. According to 82games, Anderson allowed opposing small forwards to post a 10.6 PER during the 2012-13 season, down 0.1 from his first go-around north of the border.

It's hard to find such a capable defender this late in the proceedings for this cheap.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Really hope we can use Blake to get Ariza. I like Blake though as a 3point shooter and solid PG presence on the floor also as a scrappy defender but I'd take Ariza in a heart beat
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:54 pm

We should have kept Clark and then tried to salary dump Blake and Meeks.
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby last stand on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:46 pm

terrence williams? the guy has an incredible per 36 stat line for his price tag. now obviously that's a terrible stat but he's a very skilled basketball player and athlete

he can drive, pass, defend, rebound and he's still relatively young. he's got good size and will be cheap. why not?

the guy would benefit big time playing alongside nash and kobe.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Alan Anderson - could be a good backup SF. he's not the answer but Kobe & young aren't gonna do much on LBJ KD and Melo

Last Team: Toronto Raptors

Age: 30

Position: SF

2012-13 Per-Game Stats: 10.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.1 blocks, 12.6 PER



Ever since joining the Toronto Raptors after a long stint playing abroad, Alan Anderson has bounced in and out of the starting lineup—depending on teammates' injuries—and remained a consistently productive offensive player. If he could show just a bit more restraint shooting the ball, he'd be a solid starting wing player.

When he's slashing to the basket, he's terrific. Elsewhere, he struggles with his handles and passing skills.

But playing him to his strengths gives a team a solid scoring option off the bench and a fantastic perimeter defender. According to 82games, Anderson allowed opposing small forwards to post a 10.6 PER during the 2012-13 season, down 0.1 from his first go-around north of the border.

It's hard to find such a capable defender this late in the proceedings for this cheap.

I'm down with Alan Anderson. He's not very good, but he's worth something and since we have no real SFs and no real options, I'd definitely take him if he wanted to be here for the minimum.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39978
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby khmrP on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 pm

User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10411
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby last stand on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:15 pm

khmrP wrote:Terrance William
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/ ... story.html


"he didn't do nothing wrong"

in all seriousness athletes and baby mama drama is dubious to me. seems to happen once a week. so it wouldn't affect me signing him. hell our own jordan hill allegedly choked his girlfriend which turned out to be false.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby kblo247 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:58 am

Ariza3 wrote:Alan Anderson - could be a good backup SF. he's not the answer but Kobe & young aren't gonna do much on LBJ KD and Melo

Last Team: Toronto Raptors

Age: 30

Position: SF

2012-13 Per-Game Stats: 10.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.1 blocks, 12.6 PER



Ever since joining the Toronto Raptors after a long stint playing abroad, Alan Anderson has bounced in and out of the starting lineup—depending on teammates' injuries—and remained a consistently productive offensive player. If he could show just a bit more restraint shooting the ball, he'd be a solid starting wing player.

When he's slashing to the basket, he's terrific. Elsewhere, he struggles with his handles and passing skills.

But playing him to his strengths gives a team a solid scoring option off the bench and a fantastic perimeter defender. According to 82games, Anderson allowed opposing small forwards to post a 10.6 PER during the 2012-13 season, down 0.1 from his first go-around north of the border.

It's hard to find such a capable defender this late in the proceedings for this cheap.


Meeks will be frightened after he tossed his salad on TV and at staples. He was slinging Meeks around like it was Melo vs Ariza
Image
User avatar
kblo247

 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 pm

The Dallas Mavericks have decided to shelve their plan to sign Devin Harris after an exam revealed that Harris has a dislocated toe, according to sources close to the situation.

Harris will undergo surgery to repair the dislocation later this month.

The Mavericks remain interested in signing Harris, sources said, but will wait until the start of the regular season to see how Harris recovers from surgery.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN]


Do we offer him the minimum today no questions asked no physical etc? I don't think toe surgery is going to put him out the entire season.. If he missed half the season or less, it's a steal.. Would Harris take the guaranteed money today over gambling on everything going right to get the Mavs offer? I'd love to sign Harris then pull the trigger on the best Blake for a SF trade we can find.. I'll take my chances with Farmar & possibly Selby until Harris comes back.. Kobe is going to be handling the ball.. As long as we have someone out there that can guard a PG & hit open 3's it doesn't really matter if they're a PG.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Defense on the wing is desperately needed. I like these 3:

Marquis Daniels
Wesley Johnson
Ronnie Brewer
User avatar
live and die in LA

 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:23 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:09 pm

live and die in LA wrote:Defense on the wing is desperately needed. I like these 3:

Marquis Daniels
Wesley Johnson
Ronnie Brewer

I'd add Dominic McGuire, Alan Anderson, Sam Young, James Johnson to that list.. signing both Wesley Johnson & McGuire would be ideal in my opinion.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby live and die in LA on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:24 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
live and die in LA wrote:Defense on the wing is desperately needed. I like these 3:

Marquis Daniels
Wesley Johnson
Ronnie Brewer

I'd add Dominic McGuire, Alan Anderson, Sam Young, James Johnson to that list.. signing both Wesley Johnson & McGuire would be ideal in my opinion.


Johnson would be more of a face up power forward in this offense, possibly McGuire too. All 4 of them would hold value though, especially for the minimum.
User avatar
live and die in LA

 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:23 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 pm

live and die in LA wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:
live and die in LA wrote:Defense on the wing is desperately needed. I like these 3:

Marquis Daniels
Wesley Johnson
Ronnie Brewer

I'd add Dominic McGuire, Alan Anderson, Sam Young, James Johnson to that list.. signing both Wesley Johnson & McGuire would be ideal in my opinion.


Johnson would be more of a face up power forward in this offense, possibly McGuire too. All 4 of them would hold value though, especially for the minimum.
This is where we're going to miss Ron & Earl.. We don't have a big body to throw at Lebron/Melo & all the other big SF's.. We lost 2 guys that could guard those type of players, so I think replacing them is a big key.. I'm not worried about our offense but our defense is going to be terrible as currently constructed. None of these minimum contracts will change that but hopefully we get guys that won't add to it.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Alex Kennedy ✔ @AlexKennedyNBA

The Lakers and Mavericks may have moved on from Nate Robinson after signing a few guards, but they were among the teams interested.
5:09 PM - 13 Jul 2013


Moved on? This is the first I've heard of us having interest in Nate. Get him now Mitch! Blake can easily be traded.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby TheOp on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Dont want Nate. Get a SF that can play D.

Nash/Farmar
Kobe/Nick
New SF/Nick
Pau/Odom
Hill/Kaman

That would be a legitimate contender imo.
Image
TheOp

 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: SoCAL

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:34 pm

TheOp wrote:Dont want Nate. Get a SF that can play D.

Nash/Farmar
Kobe/Nick
New SF/Nick
Pau/Odom
Hill/Kaman

That would be a legitimate contender imo.

We still have 5 open roster spots to fill.. We can sign more than 1 SF & still get Nate. We have Nash as our starter, we need 2 legit backups because they'll be splitting 48 minutes plenty of games.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby chingy248 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Frank Isola: Knicks reached out to Nate Robinson a few days ago, source tells the Daily News. Lil Him, however, is looking for more than the vet minimum Twitter @FisolaNYDN
User avatar
chingy248

 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby TheOp on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:44 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
TheOp wrote:Dont want Nate. Get a SF that can play D.

Nash/Farmar
Kobe/Nick
New SF/Nick
Pau/Odom
Hill/Kaman

That would be a legitimate contender imo.

We still have 5 open roster spots to fill.. We can sign more than 1 SF & still get Nate. We have Nash as our starter, we need 2 legit backups because they'll be splitting 48 minutes plenty of games.


Nate is a great scorer but I dont think he adds much value other then that. We need to get stronger on D.

We might as well give NY a chance to play a lot of minutes. He can spend 15 minutes a game backing up Kobe, and 15 minutes backing up the new SF.
Image
TheOp

 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: SoCAL

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:49 pm

I think we can get a better SF by trading Blake than we can in free agency.. That's why I want Nate so bad.. Give me Nate + SF acquired for Blake over Blake + SF from the remaining free agent pool.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Helljumper on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:58 pm

I don't think Farmar came here to be a third stringer and I doubt Nate would come for the minimum to split minutes as a back-up PG. I think we trade Blake for a SF and then bring in someone like Selby to back-up Nash/Farmar.
Last edited by Helljumper on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14837
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby TSpence26 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Sam Young is still out there? Let's get him!
Image
User avatar
TSpence26

 
Posts: 429
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:40 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ElginTheGreat, Google [Bot], SK8, SOAD and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.