Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 pm

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 25m
RT @ESPNNBA: Sources: @Suns to release Michael Beasley by the end of this week (via @ESPNSteinLine) - http://es.pn/18AJ6cp
View summary

IF we are going to take a chance on a druggie this season. I'd rather it be Beasley. At least he has a CHANCE to turn things around, unlike Lamar who is basically at the end of his playing days.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 25m
RT @ESPNNBA: Sources: @Suns to release Michael Beasley by the end of this week (via @ESPNSteinLine) - http://es.pn/18AJ6cp
View summary

IF we are going to take a chance on a druggie this season. I'd rather it be Beasley. At least he has a CHANCE to turn things around, unlike Lamar who is basically at the end of his playing days.

Agreed. Plus, Kobe would whip his stonerass if he was complacent or out of line.
Center Court

Postby darkice18 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:33 pm

I think he would be a perfect pickup. I say yes to Beasley!
darkice18

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Just a quick question (didn't know where to ask ist). When does training camp actually start?
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:06 pm

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:Just a quick question (didn't know where to ask ist). When does training camp actually start?

Beginning of October. I forgot when media day was. Usually there is media day and then the first day of camp happens the very next day.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:40 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:Just a quick question (didn't know where to ask ist). When does training camp actually start?

Beginning of October. I forgot when media day was. Usually there is media day and then the first day of camp happens the very next day.

Thanks man! I just found it on hoopsworld. We must be opening camp september 28th, because we are competing in international preseason games. About 3 weeks remaining ... wonder how healthy Kobe will be by the start of training camp.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/key-nba-dates
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Matt Moore CBS ‏@MattMooreCBS 2h
Thunder offically waive DeAndre Liggins. Liggins is accused of domestic violence against his girlfriend, including dropping an X-Box on her.

:man3: ...dropped an X-Box on her? Damn.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:08 pm

She must have screwed up his killstreak.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:33 pm

poor xbox
Ariza3

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Heat Considering Bringing Back Michael Beasley

Adrian Wojnarowski 17 minutes ago Yahoo Sports

The two-time defending NBA champion Miami Heat are considering the possibility of bringing back troubled free-agent forward Michael Beasley, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Several of the Heat's key veteran players are supportive of the signing of Beasley, and he has a strong interest in returning to the franchise responsible for taking him with the second overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft, sources told Yahoo.

No offer has been made and no deal is considered imminent, sources said.

The Phoenix Suns reached a buyout agreement with Beasley on the remaining two years of his contract last week. Beasley, 24, was charged for marijuana possession in an August arrest, adding to his considerable history of issues surrounding pot.

Beasley left Phoenix with approximately $7 million of the $9 million owed him on an original three-year, $18 million contract.

Beasley, a 6-foot-10 forward, played two seasons for Miami before president Pat Riley traded him to the Timberwolves in 2010 for draft picks and the salary cap space needed to make the Heat's historic haul of LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

Beasley had two productive seasons with the Heat, averaging 14.1 points in less than 30 minutes a game. Beasley averaged a career-best 19.2 points for the T'wolves in 2010-11. He struggled in the first season of a three-year deal with the Suns, shooting 40.5 percent and averaging 10.1 points.

Nevertheless, Beasley's ability to score makes him an intriguing low-cost, reclamation project for a franchise like Miami with strong leadership and structure throughout the organization.

Miami lost perimeter scoring threat Mike Miller with the amnestying of his contract to save money this summer, and signed free-agent center Greg Oden to try to resurrect his career.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat- ... 25482.html
Kobe8Fan

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Go for it. I'm really not excited about Beasley and they'd probably play him at PF which would be fun.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:44 pm

Tim Reynolds: Heat source says there's nothing to Beasley reunion reports. Carry on. Twitter

Ira Winderman: First response from inside Heat regarding Beasley reunion report, "Absolutely nothing. Not true. No." Twitter

Joseph Goodman: Source says no chance Heat would sign Beasley. Twitter
Ariza3

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Can't believe everyone is this down on Beas.. I can see teams like Miami & San Antonio not being interested because they don't need another impact player badly enough to take the risk.. That's not the case for us though, our entire season is in doubt before it even starts.. Without Kobe at near 100% this team isn't good enough to turn down a scorer like Beasley.
lakersin4

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:11 pm

You would think Mitch and Co. would be interested. It's not like he's a heavy drug user, like an ex-Laker we know. He's a weed fanatic, like Iverson was. Worst case scenario he has some issues with PRACTICE.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:36 am

Adrian Wojnarowski 46 minutes ago
Yahoo Sports
Fantasy Football Signup
Los Angeles Lakers free-agent guard Darius Morris is finalizing an agreement with the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Morris, 22, will sign a partially guaranteed contract for the 2013-14 season, but is expected to make the 76ers' roster and play meaningful backcourt minutes this season.

Morris, a fleet, 6-foot-4 point guard, turned down a chance to return to the Lakers for his third season there, choosing the chance for a bigger role with the rebuilding 76ers. Philadelphia added two guards this off-season: first-round draft pick Michael Carter-Williams of Syracuse, and it acquired Tony Wroten from the Memphis Grizzlies.

Morris averaged four points and 1.6 assists in 14.2 minutes per game for Los Angeles last season.

After leaving the University of Michigan following his sophomore season, Morris was a second-round pick of the Lakers in 20

We got spurned by another top flight FA. :man6:
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:52 am

I wish him well, I have nothing against Morris. He worked hard here, he played hard, and in a terrible, embarrassing playoff situation he didn't give partial effort, or even quit like some did.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:10 am

The Lakers replaced him with Jordan Farmar... I doubt they even offered him a job back. :man10:

But I did like the kid as a person. He's just not a very good basketball player. Hopefully he makes their team and has a nice season or something.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:59 am

Mark Berman: Rockets GM Daryl Morey:"We have two of the top 10 players in the league, that's a great start for having a chance to win the title." Twitter @MarkBermanFox26

:man10: idk about 2 out of top 10. maybe harden at #10 but dwight isnt top 10...defensively ya but not overall. theres a lot more guys way better than harden and dwight in the league. lbj kd kobe cp3 melo rose westbrook curry kyrie rondo wade parker lillard and thats not including bigmen better in the post and outside it than dwight. i think are all better than harden somewhat and dwight forsure. harden is good but not until he proves himself in the playoffs...he has yet to with kd and westbrook and without and i doubt dwight will change that.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:04 am

If Dwight is healthy and motivated he's certainly a top 10 player in the league.

Harden isn't yet.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 am

Kevin Ding: Expect Lakers to sign sharpshooter Marcus Landry (@mlandry11) soon. And he's actually good bet to make the team: http://bit.ly/14MHBqt ($) Twitter @KevinDing
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:21 am

Carmelo Anthony can become a free agent after the upcoming season, but he gave the strongest indication yet that his plan is to re-sign with the Knicks. "I'm not going nowhere," Anthony said during an interview Tuesday with Bloomberg Television's "Market Markers." Newsday
Ariza3

Postby Center Court on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 am

therealdeal wrote:If Dwight is healthy and motivated he's certainly a top 10 player in the league.

Harden isn't yet.

Agree on Dwight and disagree on Harden.

As you said, when healthy and motivated, which I assume Dwight to be 100% on both, he's easily a top 10. I'd say top 5-6. LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Rose, CP3, Dwight. However, his impact on the game when he's at his best can be argued as a top 3 even if other peoples numbers trump his.

Harden is a top 5 scorer in the NBA. I think last year went Durant/Melo/Kobe/Bron/Harden. Great ability to create his own shot, attack the basket and is pretty skilled. He's also a very good play maker considering he's a shooting guard.

Factor in Parsons who I think is a good third guy/super role player and some young guys with talent (Beverly/D Mo/ Terrance Jones) Morey's built something special. I think what'll hold them back is Asik. Good player but not a good fit given Dwight's offensive flaws. If they had a Ryand Andersen instead of Asik, I'd have them in the WCF. It's a shame Royce White is how he is because he'd be a tremendous fit.

Morey has also positioned himself to have another surplus of cap space in 2015. Most presume it's to go after Aldridge. If that happens, Dwight is getting his ring.
Center Court

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:59 am

When he was leading the Magic to the finals, Dwight was a top 3 player.. He was right there behind Lebron & Kobe.. His impact on the defensive side was unreal.. But even then he got exposed in the finals by Pau. We still don't know if he'll ever return to his pre-injury self, but he looked pretty good at 80% or so in the 2nd half of the season.. If he gets back to that Magic level of impact on defense, he's a top 10 player no question. But noone knows if we'll ever see that Dwight again. Harden, I think you can an argument for him being a top 10 player.. He's nowhere near Kobe, Lebron, Durant, or even CP3 but I think he's right there with the 2nd tier stars like Melo & Rondo..
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Center Court wrote:
therealdeal wrote:If Dwight is healthy and motivated he's certainly a top 10 player in the league.

Harden isn't yet.

Agree on Dwight and disagree on Harden.

As you said, when healthy and motivated, which I assume Dwight to be 100% on both, he's easily a top 10. I'd say top 5-6. LeBron, Durant, Kobe, Rose, CP3, Dwight. However, his impact on the game when he's at his best can be argued as a top 3 even if other peoples numbers trump his.

Harden is a top 5 scorer in the NBA. I think last year went Durant/Melo/Kobe/Bron/Harden. Great ability to create his own shot, attack the basket and is pretty skilled. He's also a very good play maker considering he's a shooting guard.

Factor in Parsons who I think is a good third guy/super role player and some young guys with talent (Beverly/D Mo/ Terrance Jones) Morey's built something special. I think what'll hold them back is Asik. Good player but not a good fit given Dwight's offensive flaws. If they had a Ryand Andersen instead of Asik, I'd have them in the WCF. It's a shame Royce White is how he is because he'd be a tremendous fit.

Morey has also positioned himself to have another surplus of cap space in 2015. Most presume it's to go after Aldridge. If that happens, Dwight is getting his ring.

I disagree.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Houston. Something special? :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion