Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:02 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Y! Sources: Derrick Favors has reached agreement with the Utah Jazz on a lucrative, four-year contract extension. http://yhoo.it/15PNlnc
Expand

Another one off the never were going to get them in the first place list.

Did anyone think we could have gotten him?

To be honest I never really thought of it. I always assumed he would resign with the Jazz.
XXIV

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:35 am

After watching the preseason games up until this point, there's 3 players on our roster that might be traded at by the trade deadline in February or packaged together; Meeks, Blake, and Hill. Meeks is straight awful, Blake has been awful his whole tenure aside from the end of last year and J. Hill doesn't fit this offense. I could easily see Mitch doing something to improve this roster packaging one or all of those players together and getting something solid back.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Emiliano Carchia: Jalen Rose predicts that Durant will join Harden and Howard in Houston while Westbrook-Love will end up in LAL sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/65… Twitter @sportando

Durant and Westbrook are not going anywhere im betting. But KLove to LA is VERY possible I feel. Pau with Rubio would be good for Minn. I'd love to see Love back in LA where he belongs. Westbrook isnt gonna happen though.

Possible to sign KLove and Melo? while keeping Nash, Young, Farmar, Wes, and signing Kobe for less?
Ariza3

Postby Juronimo on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Ariza3, you have whatshisface in your avi.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
Emiliano Carchia: Jalen Rose predicts that Durant will join Harden and Howard in Houston while Westbrook-Love will end up in LAL sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/65… Twitter @sportando

Durant and Westbrook are not going anywhere im betting. But KLove to LA is VERY possible I feel. Pau with Rubio would be good for Minn. I'd love to see Love back in LA where he belongs. Westbrook isnt gonna happen though.

Possible to sign KLove and Melo? while keeping Nash, Young, Farmar, Wes, and signing Kobe for less?

Love has many more years on his deal with an opt out I believe 2 years from now.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Love is under contract until the summer of 2015 where he can opt out.

That summer he'll be a Laker, if not the summer before.

I can imagine Durant coming to LA more than going to Houston. And by the way Houston will look like a pit by then I guarantee it. Howard will continue to decline yet demand more and more while Harden continues to thrive under the p**** rules of the NBA, but can't get out from the enormous b****** that Howard will be spouting.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:00 pm

therealdeal wrote:Love is under contract until the summer of 2015 where he can opt out.

I can imagine Durant coming to LA more than going to Houston. And by the way Houston will look like a pit by then I guarantee it. Howard will continue to decline yet demand more and more while Harden continues to thrive under the p**** rules of the NBA, but can't get out from the enormous b****** that Howard will be spouting.

I really hope all of this happens. :man10: I would love nothing more than to see Dwight decile and be the b**** he is, and to be able to visibly see on Harden's face that he wishes he hadn't recruited him there. I need to see it to believe it, but I hope you're right, and I really hope Durant doesn't join them.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Weezy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Love is under contract until the summer of 2015 where he can opt out.

I really hope all of this happens. :man10: I would love nothing more than to see Dwight decile and be the b**** he is, and to be able to visibly see on Harden's face that he wishes he hadn't recruited him there. I need to see it to believe it, but I hope you're right, and I really hope Durant doesn't join them.

I really firmly believe that'll happen. For the longest time I hoped and pulled for Howard to grow up, but it didn't happen and I don't think it will. And if that's the case, why would Houston be any different than anywhere else? It's going to turn into a frat house over there and that's it.

I honestly see Westbrook heading to Houston more than Durant. I know LA is Westbrook's home town, but I think Durant understands legacy more than Westbrook does. I think Westbrook would desire more the opportunity to play for fun and to play with the frat boys.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:29 pm

I guess I just see Durant really wanting to win by then, looking at Miami's formula for success, and thinking joining Harden and Howard is the smart thing to do. That is if Howard doesn't destroy Houston from the inside by then. I also believe Houston won't win any titles, but they might win enough while having frat boy fun to keep those guys happy and thinking they're successful.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Weezy wrote:I guess I just see Durant really wanting to win by then, looking at Miami's formula for success, and thinking joining Harden and Howard is the smart thing to do. That is if Howard doesn't destroy Houston from the inside by then. I also believe Houston won't win any titles, but they might win enough while having frat boy fun to keep those guys happy and thinking they're successful.

I don't know. This team will look so different in 2016. I think we see the Lakers make strong moves for Carmelo this summer and then Rondo/Love the next season. Then the next summer we're talking about Durant? I can see how we could look more successful by then than Houston if that's the Laker plan.

By then Kobe retires and we free up the money for Durant? Maybe. I don't know that it works out that way, but I would be shocked if it's not on the Laker radar.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:41 pm

By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

Kenneth Faried will likely begin the upcoming season as the Denver Nuggets starting power forward, but will he finish 2013-14 with the team? Maybe not, according to Grantland's Zach Lowe.

To back up Lowe's report, Mark Kiszla of The Denver Post believes the Nuggets should move Faried to the bench and start J.J. Hickson at power forward. If that happens the Nuggets might consider dealing Faried.

Kiszla writes: "While Faried is a rebounding machine whose high-RPM motor was built to thrive with home games at 5,280 feet above sea level, his lean, 6-foot-8 frame is undersized to be a power forward, his defense suffers when he is forced to shuffle his feet on the floor rather than soar above the rim and his offensive moves are crude for an offense designed to score at close range. Hickson makes more sense as a starter in Brian Shaw's scheme."

Some teams that might have interest in the power forward are Houston, LA Lakers, Orlando, Philadelphia, and Phoenix should the Nuggets seriously look to move Faried.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Meeks/Sacre for Faried? :man9:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:23 pm

For our coach he would be a nice 4, no doubt. Faried and Shawne are a very good one-two PF punch. Very versatile.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:33 pm

On a team with Farmar/Young/Henry/Faried/Hill

That's an energy lineup right there.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Yeah, no doubt. But it makes Hill sort of... expendable.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Hill would make more sense for them it would seem anyway and Faried would fit better here with a higher ceiling...

I'd do a Blake/Hill for Faried trade. :jam2:

If we have to throw in a pick or something I'm down for it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Juronimo wrote:Ariza3, you have whatshisface in your avi.

better? lol
Ariza3

Postby Juronimo on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
Juronimo wrote:Ariza3, you have whatshisface in your avi.

better? lol

absolutely :jam2:
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby jlkr on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Faried is not an MDA-style 4; his mid-range offense is mostly non-existent. Not a floor-stretcher in the half court. So while I like Faried in general, I don't think he fits with the Lakers. So I'd only acquire him if I had another deal in mind with him going out again in a package for someone the Lakers really want.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Weezy on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Do we really give a crap who is 'Antoni style though? He's not gonna be here next season, especially if the Lakers are serious about Melo, so if you even have a shot at Faried you do it. If really, really good players don't fit the system, well then the system is the problem not the players.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Faried fits better than Hill although that's not saying much. I think Faried fits nicely in any system really, this Denver bit is a bit of smoke in my opinion.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Strangely though, I do like Hill's defense a little better. The way he was able to body up on Kanter and his overall ability to box out if good. Like the reason why Denver doesn't like him, he's too small as a PF. Hill is 6'10 and can do pretty much the same thing as Faried except jump through the roof.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Center Court on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm assuming the Mitch is trying to pawn off Pau (who gives Denver a legit post player) for a package of younger players who are tied up for a few years on smaller deals (which won't interfere with too much cap space)
Center Court

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Please let us unload Meeks instead of Blake with Hill if we go after Faried..
LakersN4

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Center Court wrote:I'm assuming the Mitch is trying to pawn off Pau (who gives Denver a legit post player) for a package of younger players who are tied up for a few years on smaller deals (which won't interfere with too much cap space)

If Pau is involved we need more than Faried.. We need a starting C that can atleast split minutes with Kaman.. There's a ton of salary to make up in a Pau/Faried swap.. Will we take McGee & the 3 years 33M remaining on his deal? It'd be interesting swapping Pau for all of that athleticism Faried/McGee bring.. Our defense would certainly be much improved.. I'm sure D'antoni would be drooling in Jim's ear over Gallo.. Who knows.. Maybe with the additions of Nate & Foye Lawson is expendable.
LakersN4

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion