Free Agent Frenzy: Lakers Work Out Beasley (408)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:05 am

Have fun with that. The Clippers have a ton of PFs already. This move is lateral at best.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:38 am

:jam2: Go destroy the clips and bring them some crack Lamar
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 am

therealdeal wrote:Have fun with that. The Clippers have a ton of PFs already. This move is lateral at best.

PF : Griffin/Jamison (who hasn't played a game yet)

Small ball PF in some situations : Barnes
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:10 am

Throw in Mullens and Lamar. That's plenty.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:47 pm

LO on crack is better than Mullens who shouldn't see the floor ... It's like saying we have plenty of centers by naming Sacre
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:08 pm

I would name Sacre. He's a Center.

It's more like saying we have food in the cupboard and naming the food.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:18 pm

We're already a strong rebounding team, which is almost all LO brings to teams at this point.. I just hope whatever decision he makes ends up having a positive impact on his life.. He was a great Laker.
LakersN4

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Lamar Working Out With Elite Trainer

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 7h

Free agent Lamar Odom is working out with elite trainer Rob McClanaghan in Rhode Island this week, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/ ... 5105310720

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 6h

Odom was photographed on URI's campus today. McClanaghan and Odom have been working out in URI's practice facility, witnesses said.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/ ... 0119777282
Kobe8Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Lamar Looks Very Good Physically

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 10m

Lamar Odom looks "very good" physically, source close to Odom says. Not ready to play yet, but getting there quickly.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/statu ... 4104918016
Kobe8Fan

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:43 pm

feel kinda bad for Jamsion....dude should just ask Clipps to release him and he can go ring chasing elsewhere. I dont know what he was thinking signing with the clipps :freak2:
khmrP

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 am

khmrP wrote:feel kinda bad for Jamsion....dude should just ask Clipps to release him and he can go ring chasing elsewhere. I dont know what he was thinking signing with the clipps :freak2:

Rivers told Tawn he was saving him for the 2nd half of the season/playoffs cause he wants to develop a defensive identity 1st :man10: .... they currently still suck defensively and have no depth at the 4 and 5
wcsoldier81

Postby lotus on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:37 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dion-waiters-wants-everyone-know-nobody-cavaliers-punched-220958963--nba.html
*Sits in recliner, and patiently waits for his defection to the Lakers, and for Love to return to home.*
lotus

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:57 pm

lotus wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/dion-waiters-wants-everyone-know-nobody-cavaliers-punched-220958963--nba.html
*Sits in recliner, and patiently waits for his defection to the Lakers, and for Love to return to home.*

:man12:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Pig Miller on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:48 pm

who on this squad is worth keeping next year?

farmar, jordan hill, kaman, either Wes/Xavier but not both, and somehow Meeks has been ballin'.

kobe of course, and gasol at a severely reduced rate?
Pig Miller

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 am

^^^^ Pau :disagree:

Kobe, Hill ... Meeks if he keeps playing all season long as he is currently/Xavier on short and cheap contracts ... that's it

On a role player side , I hope Afflalo opts out in the 2015 Summer ... would be a great starting SG if we are able to build a contender
wcsoldier81

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:42 am

Nick Young/Johnson/Farmar for the bench.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:44 am

Who is worth keeping? Well, if they are not asking for to much $: Farmar, Meeks, X, Wes, Hill and probably Kaman/Swaggy. Those are all good role-players, and for the most part young, energetic, athletic -- guys who love playing for this Laker team. I'm afraid Hill is going to get paid by someone else, but I might be wrong.

Kobe, obviously, stays, but he has to take less money.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:17 am

My dream for this off-season would be (barring some sort of LeBron-pocalypse:

1. Kobe takes a contract friendly to us getting him another star not only THIS season, but the next as well.
2. Sign Carmelo Anthony.
*This should put us somewhere in the 43 million dollar range if we front-load Kobe's deal*
3. See what it takes to get Eric Bledsoe, probably the max, if so then move on.
4. See if Dirk is willing to leave Dallas on a one year deal to play with Anthony and Bryant. If not, move on.
5. Look for a young guy like Evan Turner and see if you can grab him on a friendly deal. Kobe liked him and he's got some talent to be a swing in this league.
*Basically the plan is similar to the plan this season, but you add in as much talent as you can short term to go with Anthony/Kobe*

6. Don't take on any long contracts besides Kobe, Anthony, and if you can get in on Bledsoe then do it. If not, then give short term contracts back to the role players we have now.
7. Don't bring back Pau and Nash has long since been forced into retirement.

The team going into the season should look like this:

Blake/Farmar
Bryant/Henry
Johnson/Young
Anthony/Hill
Kaman/Sacre

Or something like that with some more talent mixed in. Anthony signing here will attract some of the older veteran guys to come try to play in a fun new system. I'd like to have a more athletic Center in there who can protect the rim better than Chris, but he'd be a fine fill in for the team at that spot for a season. D'Antoni is most likely gone, but they'll still try to play his style of offense.

The key is having enough money available next season to make a run at Kevin Love. The world knows he wants to be here and if the money is available and the outlook good, he'll come. Then with whatever assets we have left (for example: Hill, Young, Henry, and Johnson) we make a move to try to bring Rondo over.

2015 is the end goal:

Rondo
Bryant
Johnson
Anthony
Love
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:29 am

Honestly, I would run Hill at Center in that lineup. Not Kaman.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:36 am

lakerfan2 wrote:Honestly, I would run Hill at Center in that lineup. Not Kaman.

I'm assuming we have to move Hill at some point to free up the money or to acquire Rondo or someone else.

Kaman was a fill in name that I think works well. It could be anyone really. Dalembert, etc.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 am

therealdeal wrote:2015 is the end goal:

Rondo
Bryant
Johnson
Anthony
Love

Personally, I wouldn't want this team. I'll put aside my reasons for not liking Rondo/Melo, but here are 2 primary reasons why I can't see this working.

1. You have a string of ball-dominant players. We can hope that this works out, but most likely, they will butt heads, and things will quickly turn sour. With so many players that are great with (and need) the ball, we're limiting what they could bring offensively by forcing them to play off the ball.

2. Even if they do work things out offensively (and they have a lot of talent on that side so it's not a stretch to see them dominating that end), this would still make for a bad defensive lineup, and we need a well-balanced team.

Love plays at PF, and he's an average defender. If you move him to C, I would think it's because we're getting a great defensive PF to complement him, but with Melo at PF, I only see a recipe for disaster. One of the main reasons why the Knicks were a bad defensive team last year was because Melo played at PF...and they had Tyson Chandler manning the middle. It would help offensively, but I would still want a more balanced team.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:36 am

Eh. It's a blueprint not a fully built statue made of stone or any other difficult to adjust material.

As for the ball dominant thing: everyone said the same about LeBron/Wade and I think that's working out just fine.

As for the defense in the lineup, that again can be adjusted. The starting lineup doesn't have to look exactly like that. Slide people up and move in an athletic rim protector and the defense is alright. Have some defenders off the bench and it's no big deal.

Tell me who the super-great defender is on Miami in their starting lineup... LeBron? He's good, but it's about team defense and effort not any one person. A good team willing to work hard will provide good defense. Good enough to win anyway.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:19 pm

therealdeal wrote:Eh. It's a blueprint not a fully built statue made of stone or any other difficult to adjust material.

As for the ball dominant thing: everyone said the same about LeBron/Wade and I think that's working out just fine.

As for the defense in the lineup, that again can be adjusted. The starting lineup doesn't have to look exactly like that. Slide people up and move in an athletic rim protector and the defense is alright. Have some defenders off the bench and it's no big deal.

Tell me who the super-great defender is on Miami in their starting lineup... LeBron? He's good, but it's about team defense and effort not any one person. A good team willing to work hard will provide good defense. Good enough to win anyway.

It's true that it's not like Miami has any super great defenders (which doesn't guarantee to make the team better). They just have speed and the right schemes to execute that make their defense good and as you said, working hard gives you good results.
charvin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Miami type of defense is risky ... but they are all solid defenders who are quick enough to help and recover .. Bosh is a great PNR defender and this aspect of his game is very overlooked.

I've rarely seen a such small team defends the rim that well too ( only other one which comes to mind is the MJ Bulls) ... with Wade and Lebron athleticism and Battier/Haslem taking charges ( and flopping)
wcsoldier81

Postby charvin on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Miami type of defense is risky ... but they are all solid defenders who are quick enough to help and recover .. Bosh is a great PNR defender and this aspect of his game is very overlooked.

I've rarely seen a such small team defends the rim that well too ( only other one which comes to mind is the MJ Bulls) ... with Wade and Lebron athleticism and Battier/Haslem taking charges ( and flopping)

Also, as much as I dislike the guy, Chris Andersen makes a big difference for them. Jordan Hill type of player with a hint of Metta attitude.
charvin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion