Free Agent Frenzy: Rumors, Reports, Rumblings

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:37 am

I think we could become instant contenders if we keep our bench intact and and strengthen our starters

Keepers: Kobe, Hill, Johnson, Young, Meeks, Henry, Sacre
Targets: Lowry, Sessions, Livingston, Melo, Deng, Okafor
1st round pick: PF/C
Pau: If he wants to come back for cheap

Lowry / Farmar
Kobe / Young / Meeks
Deng / Henry
Melo / Johnson / 1st round pick
Hill / Okafor or Pau / Sacre
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19402
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby CarFlagChris on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Honestly, I would run Hill at Center in that lineup. Not Kaman.

I'm assuming we have to move Hill at some point to free up the money or to acquire Rondo or someone else.

Kaman was a fill in name that I think works well. It could be anyone really. Dalembert, etc.


No way the Lakers can move their best rebounder. Time for Hill to get paid.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby CarFlagChris on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Honestly, I would run Hill at Center in that lineup. Not Kaman.

I'm assuming we have to move Hill at some point to free up the money or to acquire Rondo or someone else.

Kaman was a fill in name that I think works well. It could be anyone really. Dalembert, etc.


No way the Lakers can move their best rebounder. Time for Hill to get paid.
The Lakers don't need an expensive, 29 year old point guard, with an attitude, like Rondo.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I think we could become instant contenders if we keep our bench intact and and strengthen our starters

Keepers: Kobe, Hill, Johnson, Young, Meeks, Henry, Sacre
Targets: Lowry, Sessions, Livingston, Melo, Deng, Okafor
1st round pick: PF/C
Pau: If he wants to come back for cheap

Lowry / Farmar
Kobe / Young / Meeks
Deng / Henry
Melo / Johnson / 1st round pick
Hill / Okafor or Pau / Sacre

Of course any of us would be insane to not want that scenario but how do you pull all that off? If Hill & Young continue to play the way they are in their current roles they'll both cost double to triple their current salaries to bring back.. At their current levels of production Hill will field offers at or above 10M a season & Young will get mini-mle money atleast.. Unless you believe Nash is bluffing & will retire or we'll use the stretch exception on him, I don't see how we even sign 2 of Melo/Deng/Lowry, let alone all 3.. You'd have to get Kobe & Melo to both agree to insane paycuts just to get 1 of Deng or Hill, & Lowry should still command something in the 6-8M range. Just not possible.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:38 pm

LakersN4 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I think we could become instant contenders if we keep our bench intact and and strengthen our starters

Keepers: Kobe, Hill, Johnson, Young, Meeks, Henry, Sacre
Targets: Lowry, Sessions, Livingston, Melo, Deng, Okafor
1st round pick: PF/C
Pau: If he wants to come back for cheap

Lowry / Farmar
Kobe / Young / Meeks
Deng / Henry
Melo / Johnson / 1st round pick
Hill / Okafor or Pau / Sacre


Of course any of us would be insane to not want that scenario but how do you pull all that off? If Hill & Young continue to play the way they are in their current roles they'll both cost double to triple their current salaries to bring back.. At their current levels of production Hill will field offers at or above 10M a season & Young will get mini-mle money atleast.. Unless you believe Nash is bluffing & will retire or we'll use the stretch exception on him, I don't see how we even sign 2 of Melo/Deng/Lowry, let alone all 3.. You'd have to get Kobe & Melo to both agree to insane paycuts just to get 1 of Deng or Hill, & Lowry should still command something in the 6-8M range. Just not possible.


Lowry 6 million / Farmar 2 million
Kobe 10 million / Young 3 million / Meeks 1.5 million
Deng 10 million / Henry 2 million
Melo 20 million / Johnson 2 million / 1st rounder (2 million)
Hill 7 million / Okafor 3 million / Sacre 900k

Kobe / Lowry / Deng / Melo / Hill / 1st rounder / Sacre / Okafor........all signed with salary cap

Farmar - Signed with BAE
Young / Johnson - Split MLE
Henry, Meeks - Signs on last with vet. min deal

Hill isn't going to get 10 million +, Nash is going into medical retirement in my plan and Kobe is taking the Tim Duncan/KG deal. I don't think anyone is out of their pay range in that scenario.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19402
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by sLbtractions

Postby CarFlagChris on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Isn't the salary cap $58 million?
http://www.nba.com/media/CBA101_9.12.pdf

The new CBA was directed at the Lakers, which means Kobe cannot get $10 million.
If he is thinking championships, he needs to realize his $55 million these past two years are his payday.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Center Court on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I think we could become instant contenders if we keep our bench intact and and strengthen our starters

Keepers: Kobe, Hill, Johnson, Young, Meeks, Henry, Sacre
Targets: Lowry, Sessions, Livingston, Melo, Deng, Okafor
1st round pick: PF/C
Pau: If he wants to come back for cheap

Lowry / Farmar
Kobe / Young / Meeks
Deng / Henry
Melo / Johnson / 1st round pick
Hill / Okafor or Pau / Sacre


Playoff team easily but unless we get back prime kobe, I don't see them winning a ring.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3126
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Azndude2190 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Kobe signing for $10 million is extremely optimistic, but it makes sense, that's pretty much what Duncan is making.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
User avatar
Azndude2190

 
Posts: 5528
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:23 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby CarFlagChris on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:Kobe signing for $10 million is extremely optimistic, but it makes sense, that's pretty much what Duncan is making.


If Kobe signs for $10 mil, the Lakers will have about $27 million for the rest of the team, under the cap, with the salary of Steve Nash, Sacre and the 1st round pick.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... pipe-dream
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
User avatar
CarFlagChris

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:30 pm

CarFlagChris wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Honestly, I would run Hill at Center in that lineup. Not Kaman.

I'm assuming we have to move Hill at some point to free up the money or to acquire Rondo or someone else.

Kaman was a fill in name that I think works well. It could be anyone really. Dalembert, etc.


No way the Lakers can move their best rebounder. Time for Hill to get paid.
The Lakers don't need an expensive, 29 year old point guard, with an attitude, like Rondo.

Yeah time for him to get paid somewhere else. I'd give up half a dozen Hill's for a Rondo.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39740
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:01 pm

CarFlagChris wrote:
Azndude2190 wrote:Kobe signing for $10 million is extremely optimistic, but it makes sense, that's pretty much what Duncan is making.


If Kobe signs for $10 mil, the Lakers will have about $27 million for the rest of the team, under the cap, with the salary of Steve Nash, Sacre and the 1st round pick.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... pipe-dream


that's incorrect. if kobe signs for 10, nash gets his 9, and sacre is 1, that's about 37M of salary cap space. salary cap is something like 58M
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:51 pm

^ The first round pick will be around 2 million or so probably.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39740
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:26 am

Azndude2190 wrote:Kobe signing for $10 million is extremely optimistic, but it makes sense, that's pretty much what Duncan is making.


yeah it's optimistic ... try 15-20 millions
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6407
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I think we could become instant contenders if we keep our bench intact and and strengthen our starters

Keepers: Kobe, Hill, Johnson, Young, Meeks, Henry, Sacre
Targets: Lowry, Sessions, Livingston, Melo, Deng, Okafor
1st round pick: PF/C
Pau: If he wants to come back for cheap

Lowry / Farmar
Kobe / Young / Meeks
Deng / Henry
Melo / Johnson / 1st round pick
Hill / Okafor or Pau / Sacre


Of course any of us would be insane to not want that scenario but how do you pull all that off? If Hill & Young continue to play the way they are in their current roles they'll both cost double to triple their current salaries to bring back.. At their current levels of production Hill will field offers at or above 10M a season & Young will get mini-mle money atleast.. Unless you believe Nash is bluffing & will retire or we'll use the stretch exception on him, I don't see how we even sign 2 of Melo/Deng/Lowry, let alone all 3.. You'd have to get Kobe & Melo to both agree to insane paycuts just to get 1 of Deng or Hill, & Lowry should still command something in the 6-8M range. Just not possible.


Lowry 6 million / Farmar 2 million
Kobe 10 million / Young 3 million / Meeks 1.5 million
Deng 10 million / Henry 2 million
Melo 20 million / Johnson 2 million / 1st rounder (2 million)
Hill 7 million / Okafor 3 million / Sacre 900k

Kobe / Lowry / Deng / Melo / Hill / 1st rounder / Sacre / Okafor........all signed with salary cap

Farmar - Signed with BAE
Young / Johnson - Split MLE
Henry, Meeks - Signs on last with vet. min deal

Hill isn't going to get 10 million +, Nash is going into medical retirement in my plan and Kobe is taking the Tim Duncan/KG deal. I don't think anyone is out of their pay range in that scenario.

I don't see Kobe dropping all the way down to 10 but I also see him talking Melo into accepting 15 each, so I think you have their combined number right.. Hill will probably be more in 10-11M range than 7.. Then we still have the issue of getting Nash off the books.. Not sure what Okafor will command on the open market.. He's still a C even if he is a broken down one.. Other than that I think you're pretty spot on with those values.. If the FO even pulls off 75% of that (aslong as Melo & Deng are in that 75%) I think we're right back to contending next season.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:38 pm

CarFlagChris wrote:
Azndude2190 wrote:Kobe signing for $10 million is extremely optimistic, but it makes sense, that's pretty much what Duncan is making.


If Kobe signs for $10 mil, the Lakers will have about $27 million for the rest of the team, under the cap, with the salary of Steve Nash, Sacre and the 1st round pick.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... pipe-dream

Not if Nash retires or more likely if he doesn't Mitch has already alluded to using the stretch provision so that we really aren't paying $9 million for Nash is last year
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11523
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 17m
Sources: Cavs shopping Dion Waiters. They've spoken w/Chi, NYK & Philly. No deal imminent. Waiters is open to being traded.
Expand
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19402
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Do it Mitch!

We all know how much D'Antoni loves playing 2 PG's.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21694
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 17m
Sources: Cavs shopping Dion Waiters. They've spoken w/Chi, NYK & Philly. No deal imminent. Waiters is open to being traded.
Expand

I'd say it's only a matter of time before we see Waiters + filler for Deng..
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:12 pm

revgen wrote:Do it Mitch!

We all know how much D'Antoni loves playing 2 PG's.


Waiters is a SG.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19402
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
revgen wrote:Do it Mitch!

We all know how much D'Antoni loves playing 2 PG's.


Waiters is a SG.


An "SG" who needs the ball in his hands too much. That's why he and Irving never really meshed. And at 6'4" (generous height description), he's on the low end of the height totem pole for an SG. He operates more as a shoot-first PG.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21694
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:52 am

With no back up PG. Nash and Farmar out, Lakers should consider giving Rodrigue Beaubois call. Give him a workout, Mitch.





User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10188
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 pm

You do know Beaubois is pretty much always injured, right?
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
User avatar
Magic Skywalker

 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Roddy hasn't been a quality player in what, like 4 years? He's not a PG either.
User avatar
Frank Dux

 
Posts: 4177
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Starting to really like Rodney Stuckey's game...seen him twice against us already, and watch him again when Detroit beat Miami; he's making 8.5 million this year. Next year, he's an FA, and I don't believe get that kind of money....either way, he's somebody to consider; tough, can create his own shots, and get to the FT line...somebody will probably offer him a ton of money, though.
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 694
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby XXIV on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:32 pm

He's a SG in a PGs body and he's always injured.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6384
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: karacha and 16 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.