Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:08 am

Teams lousy but MDA is making them worse than they should be.

Terrible rotations, wasting valuable players. Just fire him already.. even healthy all he does with a healthy roster is run the starters into the ground anyway.
User avatar
BadCoaching

 
Posts: 4223
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:30 am

Talking about MDA misusing players is only one side of it. He also maximizes some player. I think he's done good things for Marshall, Kelly, and Young, for instance.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46641
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Slurpee22 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:42 am

trodgers wrote:Talking about MDA misusing players is only one side of it. He also maximizes some player. I think he's done good things for Marshall, Kelly, and Young, for instance.


Young was always a good offensive player, Kelly finally got minutes and Marshall is having the opportunity of a life-time thanks to the injuries to Blake/Nash/Farmar ... once they do return.... someone's production is gonna fall off.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Slurpee22 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:18 pm

The New Orleans Pelicans are interested in trading for a big man, according to sources.


LINK

Maybe something like Pau for Gordon/Stiemsma and future picks could work.... Anthony Davis/Gasol could be a great combo to work with.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Celtics want to trade Jeff Green :man3: BUT they also want to throw Gerald Wallace in package because of his bad contract. hmmm...
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Slurpee22 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Jeff Green is a really good young talented player, the Celtics must have high hopes with all the draft picks they have... but we have nothing to offer..... it would suck if he goes to Houston though....
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby last stand on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:Jeff Green is a really good young talented player, the Celtics must have high hopes with all the draft picks they have... but we have nothing to offer..... it would suck if he goes to Houston though....


yes, lets eat up our cap for jeff green so we can rely on a core of kobe and green to win us a title
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Slurpee22 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:45 pm

last stand wrote:yes, lets eat up our cap for jeff green so we can rely on a core of kobe and green to win us a title


Actually, if by any chance the Lakers acquire Green, that core would actually be Embiid/Green/Kobe if everything goes as planned this season.... and that core could do damage in the WC.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby last stand on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
last stand wrote:yes, lets eat up our cap for jeff green so we can rely on a core of kobe and green to win us a title


Actually, if by any chance the Lakers acquire Green, that core would actually be Embiid/Green/Kobe if everything goes as planned this season.... and that core could do damage in the WC.


it couldn't embiid isn't going to be a championship #1 or #2 for at least 2 years. green is a championship #4 at best and kobe is a championship #2 at this point

that team is a 1st round exit at its absolute best, a lottery team at worst
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Slurpee22 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:56 pm

last stand wrote:it couldn't embiid isn't going to be a championship #1 or #2 for at least 2 years. green is a championship #4 at best and kobe is a championship #2 at this point

that team is a 1st round exit at its absolute best, a lottery team at worst


I was speaking in hypothetical terms, of course I don't think Green is coming to the Lakers, especially if the Celtics are gonna throw Gerald Wallace's crap contract on other teams...

those multiple picks we gave up in the Nash trade is hurting us from making any trades, and we are stuck with a roster that will play inconsistent basketball all season long.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:51 pm

Larry Sanders on the block for picks.. forget the pipe dream of getting the #1 pick for Embiid.. Right there's our athletic defensive anchor.. We should be trying to ship out Kaman/Meeks/Blake, even Hill if that's what it takes to get the picks the Bucks want. He's already on a big contract but it's not a max deal so we'd still have room to sign Love in 2015, & there aren't many bigs that would compliment Love better than Sanders.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Yeah no thanks to Green. No thanks to Gordon.

I'll take Sanders though.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
trodgers wrote:Talking about MDA misusing players is only one side of it. He also maximizes some player. I think he's done good things for Marshall, Kelly, and Young, for instance.


Young was always a good offensive player, Kelly finally got minutes and Marshall is having the opportunity of a life-time thanks to the injuries to Blake/Nash/Farmar ... once they do return.... someone's production is gonna fall off.

No one else drafted Kelly. Marshall was in the NBDL. Young has never been better in the midrange game - his game is qualitatively different this season.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46641
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Malcolm Thomas Waived By Spurs

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:09 pm

Malcolm Thomas Waived By Spurs

Image

Malcolm Thomas has been waived by the San Antonio Spurs.

Thomas was originally signed by the Spurs on Dec. 3 and appeared in one game with the team, posting 2 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks in 14 minutes vs. Milwaukee on Jan. 19.

Thomas appeared in 10 games with the Spurs D-League affiliate Austin Toros, averaging 15.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.40 blocks.


http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... d-By-Spurs
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10279
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:22 pm

LakersN4 wrote:Larry Sanders on the block for picks.. forget the pipe dream of getting the #1 pick for Embiid.. Right there's our athletic defensive anchor.. We should be trying to ship out Kaman/Meeks/Blake, even Hill if that's what it takes to get the picks the Bucks want. He's already on a big contract but it's not a max deal so we'd still have room to sign Love in 2015, & there aren't many bigs that would compliment Love better than Sanders.


have you seen his stats or his play this year to happily give up a 1st rd pick for him? Jordan Hill is outperforming him of the BENCH and please dont tell me STATS dont always tell the whole story...which can be true to a certain extent but when you're avg. 6/6, there's not much of an excuse there.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:25 pm

“@WojYahooNBA: Free agent forward Shawne Williams has agreed to a deal with the Los Angeles Defenders of the D-League, sources tell Yahoo Sports.”


Bring him back!! :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:51 pm

While with the Lakers, Shawne Williams earned $475,334 per @EricPincus. With the D-Fenders, it ranges from around $13K to $25K.


13-25k :man8: i liked Shawne a lot, e remember i was super pissed when we waived him.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:04 pm

khmrP wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:Larry Sanders on the block for picks.. forget the pipe dream of getting the #1 pick for Embiid.. Right there's our athletic defensive anchor.. We should be trying to ship out Kaman/Meeks/Blake, even Hill if that's what it takes to get the picks the Bucks want. He's already on a big contract but it's not a max deal so we'd still have room to sign Love in 2015, & there aren't many bigs that would compliment Love better than Sanders.


have you seen his stats or his play this year to happily give up a 1st rd pick for him? Jordan Hill is outperforming him of the BENCH and please dont tell me STATS dont always tell the whole story...which can be true to a certain extent but when you're avg. 6/6, there's not much of an excuse there.

They really don't always tell the whole story.. He started the season returning from injury, his minutes are down from last season, & they have decided to make Henson the defensive anchor now (averaging 2.23 BPG).. On a team like ours where noone else plays any defense in the paint, Sanders' block numbers should jump right back up near the 2.83 he averaged last season. Sanders is a much better player than he has looked like so far this season & if we can steal him while his value is low, we should jump all over it.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2531
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Vlade_12 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Mych Kabongo. What is up with this guy? I thought he could be another Rondo. Great length, super quick , nice handle. He would be great in the system. Still very young, left after sophomore. Seems like he fell off the face of the earth. Would be a nice risk to invite to Defenders


http://www.nbadraft.net/players/myck-kabongo


Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

 
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:14 am

Whoever deals for (Emeka) Okafor before the trade deadline will receive an insurance payout of $5.7 million – roughly $141,000 per game.
For the Suns, the appeal of Okafor’s financially friendly deal – armed with approximately $5 million in remaining salary-cap space – has general manager Ryan McDonough on the search to fortify his roster for a playoff run. Despite the loss of point guard Eric Bledsoe to knee surgery, the Suns – 25-18 and holding the seventh seed in the Western Conference playoff chase – are determined to reach the postseason.
The Suns have expressed a willingness to absorb a veteran player on a short-term deal who wouldn’t compromise the organization’s ample salary-cap space for the future, league sources said. As rival teams explore ways to shed payroll and avoid luxury-tax payments, the Suns could have a multitude of deal possibilities to consider over the next few weeks.
via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/suns- ... ZiGOjOq.99


We seriously need to get on this. Pau has been ballin'.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah Pau in his recent 20-10 streak has never played better since we last won an NBA championship. That is saying a lot because its been 2-3 years of terrible play by him.

Come on other NBA teams..... lets make a deal
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Slurpee22 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:Yeah Pau in his recent 20-10 streak has never played better since we last won an NBA championship. That is saying a lot because its been 2-3 years of terrible play by him.

Come on other NBA teams..... lets make a deal


I think a lot of teams are interested in Pau... and especially now with him becoming a 20-10 guy every night but the problem is the Lakers want a 1st round pick.... maybe a 3-way trade is the only way we can trade Pau by the trade deadline.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 am

LakersN4 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:Larry Sanders on the block for picks.. forget the pipe dream of getting the #1 pick for Embiid.. Right there's our athletic defensive anchor.. We should be trying to ship out Kaman/Meeks/Blake, even Hill if that's what it takes to get the picks the Bucks want. He's already on a big contract but it's not a max deal so we'd still have room to sign Love in 2015, & there aren't many bigs that would compliment Love better than Sanders.


have you seen his stats or his play this year to happily give up a 1st rd pick for him? Jordan Hill is outperforming him of the BENCH and please dont tell me STATS dont always tell the whole story...which can be true to a certain extent but when you're avg. 6/6, there's not much of an excuse there.

They really don't always tell the whole story.. He started the season returning from injury, his minutes are down from last season, & they have decided to make Henson the defensive anchor now (averaging 2.23 BPG).. On a team like ours where noone else plays any defense in the paint, Sanders' block numbers should jump right back up near the 2.83 he averaged last season. Sanders is a much better player than he has looked like so far this season & if we can steal him while his value is low, we should jump all over it.


you fail to mention his bad attitude and fighting with teammates (physically fighting) in the locker room. I'm not giving up a top 5 pick for this guy, especially not with his salary. As the saying goes you are what you record says you are and in Sanders case he is what his stats show, just an overrated pogo stick who's got no offensive game to speak off just a basically a poor mans D. Jordan who likes to beat up his teammates occasionally and maybe a few on the streets too as he's also has troubles off the court.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby SK8 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 am

Lakers Might Pursue Eric Bledsoe In Restricted Free Agency

Image
The Los Angeles Lakers might pursue Eric Bledsoe in restricted free agency this offseason.

The Lakers would presumably have to overpay Bledsoe in order for the Phoenix Suns not to match.

Bledsoe was traded by the Los Angeles Clippers to the Suns in the offseason.

Via Chris Broussard/ESPN


this is good and not so good news, good news is that we are already looking out there what is available, but bad news is that we will have to overpay Bledsoe, that's only chance we can get him, because Suns will match any offer.
Bledsoe would be huge for us, dude is beast.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:26 am

Double post.
Last edited by lukewaltonsdad on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 804
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.