Free Agent Frenzy: Wayne Ellington signed (423)

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Wed May 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ That. Amnesty makes sense from the outside, but they still have to PAY Boozer that money it just doesn't count against the cap. Their owner has made it known that he's not going to pay one of their higher paid players to go perform somewhere else. That's understandable.

Now they'll have to shed salary the old fashioned way: trade away assets to clear space for Carmelo. That would mean Boozer and Gibson and maybe even a couple smaller deals if they had to. Certainly not Butler though. They love that guy.


Then it'd have to be Boozer and Dunleavy because no one would take Gibson I doubt. He still has three more years. Would 18 million or so be enough to land Carmelo?

Would you take Boozer and Dunleavy if it meant the 16th pick? You'd be essentially locking in our team as:

Sacre/?
Boozer/?
Dunleavy/Young
Kobe/Young
Smart(?)/Marshall/Nash

I would if we had a wink wink deal with them to also give us Thibs for a couple future 2nd rounders. They can recruit Melo & let him pick the coach of his choice.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 pm

The Lakers are the other team most frequently mentioned among league executives when it comes to Monroe. If L.A. does not make any splashy moves around the draft, and if the Lakers are ready to concede that Carmelo Anthony is not coming, then they figure to target young, second-tier free agents—and Monroe is at the head of that list. Sporting News - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.jAmVSjLz.dpuf
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Punk-101 on Wed May 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Do the Lakers still want Melo? I thought there were plenty of quotes from Mitch about not mortgaging the future (Love/Durant) for any FAs this summer? I want to go the Monroe route, personally.
Image
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
User avatar
Punk-101

 
Posts: 13265
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Orange, CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Wed May 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Punk-101 wrote:Do the Lakers still want Melo? I thought there were plenty of quotes from Mitch about not mortgaging the future (Love/Durant) for any FAs this summer? I want to go the Monroe route, personally.

So do I, but I think the Lakers are still leaving the door cracked on trying to land a top guy like LeBron or Carmelo. Steve's contract really hurts us in that regard (thanks Mr. Nash).
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed May 14, 2014 1:06 pm

therealdeal wrote:
The Lakers are the other team most frequently mentioned among league executives when it comes to Monroe. If L.A. does not make any splashy moves around the draft, and if the Lakers are ready to concede that Carmelo Anthony is not coming, then they figure to target young, second-tier free agents—and Monroe is at the head of that list. Sporting News - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.jAmVSjLz.dpuf


Now, what if Irving becomes available for, let's say, the 2nd pick. If we get the second pick, do we trade it for Irving and sign Monroe? it essentially locks in Irving, Kobe and Monroe as our "Big 3" for the next two years since Love would be out of the question.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Wed May 14, 2014 1:29 pm

For the second pick I'd probably hold on to whoever we get.

And I'm not sure the Lakers would pencil in Monroe as their future piece if it meant killing a chance at Durant or Love.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Punk-101 on Wed May 14, 2014 1:43 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:Do the Lakers still want Melo? I thought there were plenty of quotes from Mitch about not mortgaging the future (Love/Durant) for any FAs this summer? I want to go the Monroe route, personally.

So do I, but I think the Lakers are still leaving the door cracked on trying to land a top guy like LeBron or Carmelo. Steve's contract really hurts us in that regard (thanks Mr. Nash).

I have a really bad feeling that the FO is going to swing for the fences this summer. How many wins in this roster next year? (Let's assume we somehow get Exum at 6)

Nash/Farmar/Marshall
Exum/Young
Kobe/X or Bazemore/Manny Harris
Melo/Hill/Kelly
Pau/Sacre

Coach: I have a feeling it'll be Byron Scott
Image
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
User avatar
Punk-101

 
Posts: 13265
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Orange, CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Wed May 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:Do the Lakers still want Melo? I thought there were plenty of quotes from Mitch about not mortgaging the future (Love/Durant) for any FAs this summer? I want to go the Monroe route, personally.

So do I, but I think the Lakers are still leaving the door cracked on trying to land a top guy like LeBron or Carmelo. Steve's contract really hurts us in that regard (thanks Mr. Nash).

I have a really bad feeling that the FO is going to swing for the fences this summer. How many wins in this roster next year? (Let's assume we somehow get Exum at 6)

Nash/Farmar/Marshall
Exum/Young
Kobe/X or Bazemore/Manny Harris
Melo/Hill/Kelly
Pau/Sacre

Coach: I have a feeling it'll be Byron Scott

I would have agreed with you a few months ago, but now I don't know that Carmelo even wants to come here. There's not much here for him compared to staying in New York or going to Chicago or a dark horse candidate if Wade and Bosh opt out: Miami.

As for the coach, I'm getting the same feeling but I'm not really that upset about it. I feel like Scott would be good for a young player, Kobe likes him, he's had some success before. I think he'd be a feel good pick. Especially if Ollie and Thibodeau are off the market.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Punk-101 on Wed May 14, 2014 2:09 pm

^^

how many wins is that roster, just for s***s and giggles?
Image
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
User avatar
Punk-101

 
Posts: 13265
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Orange, CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Wed May 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Probably 45+ I would think if everyone stayed healthy. The offense would be explosive but they wouldn't stop a damn team. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed May 14, 2014 3:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:Probably 45+ I would think if everyone stayed healthy. The offense would be explosive but they wouldn't stop a damn team. :man10:


Yeah. I might go as high as 50, but can you imagine our interior defense with Melo and Pau "patrolling the paint." Nash standing out at the top of the key like a traffic cone. Kobe and Exum overcommitting on steals and getting torched. :man10:

We could have Thibs coaching defense and we'd still give up 100+ a game.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby karacha on Wed May 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Punk-101 wrote:^^

how many wins is that roster, just for s***s and giggles?


50, if they are healthy and Exum can contribute right away. But the defense... oh man...
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Wed May 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Probably 45+ I would think if everyone stayed healthy. The offense would be explosive but they wouldn't stop a damn team. :man10:


Yeah. I might go as high as 50, but can you imagine our interior defense with Melo and Pau "patrolling the paint." Nash standing out at the top of the key like a traffic cone. Kobe and Exum overcommitting on steals and getting torched. :man10:

We could have Thibs coaching defense and we'd still give up 100+ a game.

Yeah it'd be a nightmare. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Thu May 15, 2014 5:44 am

Our transition D will be worse than it was with Dwight/Pau if we get Monroe & keep Pau.. Monroe is Pau with a less potent post game & worse defense.. I really hope we don't waste our cap space on him. I'm not that worried about it though.. No way we acquire all of this cap space just to blow it on Greg Monroe.. They will either go after a star like Melo or give out big 1 year deals to have cap space to go after a star next summer.

Also to those bashing the Melo/Pau lineup.. Melo is a better defender than Monroe.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LakersN4 on Thu May 15, 2014 6:46 am

Blazers fans are hoping they can dump Batum's contract to re-sign LMA & add to their bench.. Hopefully their FO has the same idea.. I'd love to steal Batum for a TPE.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Thu May 15, 2014 9:32 am

Marc J. Spears: Former Cavaliers coach Mike Brown plans on taking next season off and doesn't plan on pursuing any coaching opening right now, a source said Twitter - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.l3cpijS6.dpuf
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Ariza3 on Thu May 15, 2014 11:08 am

Dante Exum :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 am

therealdeal wrote:
Marc J. Spears: Former Cavaliers coach Mike Brown plans on taking next season off and doesn't plan on pursuing any coaching opening right now, a source said Twitter - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.l3cpijS6.dpuf


:man10: :man10: Ya think? He should just enjoy his money he scammed from everyone. Live nicely but not extravagantly, and invest it well.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby SK8 on Thu May 15, 2014 2:03 pm

:man4: :man1:

Image
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Center Court on Thu May 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Wiggins and Exum are the two guys that excite me the most.

If we stay at 6 or fall to 7, Gordon or Smart would be my choice.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby Doc Brown on Thu May 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Not impressed. He's only jumping that high because he left the other half of himself at home.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu May 29, 2014 4:03 pm

After seeing Stephenson' s homo act last night I don't think I want him on the Lakers.
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6851
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby therealdeal on Thu May 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Wow.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby TIME on Thu May 29, 2014 4:29 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:After seeing Stephenson' s homo act last night I don't think I want him on the Lakers.


This comment ranks you at the Junior High level of maturity.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Roster Improvements: addition by subtractions

Postby trodgers on Thu May 29, 2014 6:02 pm

TIME wrote:
D.B. Cooper wrote:After seeing Stephenson' s homo act last night I don't think I want him on the Lakers.


This comment ranks you at the Junior High level of maturity.

Unacceptable.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 6 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.