Roster Restart: where it stands now & for the future

Re: Roster Restart: where it stands now & for the future

Postby TheOp on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:53 am

Id feel comfortable with our roster if we had another star, or star caliber player. Would have loved to get Stephenson or Monroe.
TheOp

Postby lotus on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:36 am

The roster is talented enough to compete, Scott and staff just need to step up and meet the challenge. But, I'm not comfortable with the point guard rotation, especially in a point guard dominate conference. Yikes.
lotus

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:54 am

TheOp wrote:Id feel comfortable with our roster if we had another star, or star caliber player. Would have loved to get Stephenson or Monroe.

Is Monroe really that much better than Hill? Is Stephenson really that much better than Lin? I don't think so. We did as well as we could without getting Melo.
LakersN4

Postby Center Court on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:50 am

you're comparing apples to Oranges LakersN4
Center Court

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 pm

I know the proposed Bledsoe deal was terrible for us, but would you guys go for it if it was only Randle going out & we got a decent big in return? No giving up Hill or the Houston pick. Something like Nash + Randle for Bledsoe & Markeif Morris. Morris is only 24 & with Boozer & Kelly would still give a very solid PF rotation.

I think adding Bledsoe to our starting lineup could push us to being a playoff team. Lin & Bledsoe both have some combo guard attributes & solid defense, I think it would actually work.

Lin
Bledsoe
Kobe
Boozer
Hill

With Young, Morris, Davis, Henry leading a very talented bench. That team might make a deep enough run this season to be very attractive to a star next summer.
LakersN4

Postby jlkr on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:06 am

Bledsoe hasn't proved he can stay healthy. Just. Stay. Away.

Paying him a max or near max like he wants is NOT the path to the Promised Land ... even if he can stay healthy.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:58 am

jlkr wrote:Bledsoe hasn't proved he can stay healthy. Just. Stay. Away.

Paying him a max or near max like he wants is NOT the path to the Promised Land ... even if he can stay healthy.

Well we couldn't give him the full 5 year max so that's a bonus. Hopefully we could get him for under the max but it would have to be over the 4/48 Phx offered. I wouldn't mind giving him Chandler Parsons money.. 3/46 with the 3rd a player option.. If he stays healthy, let him opt out & reup after the tv money comes. If not, he's off the books soon enough that it doesn't kill us. We still have a max contract to throw at a FA both of the next 2 offseasons. 3 if we let Bledsoe expire. It wouldn't hurt our flexibility enough to not take the risk.
LakersN4

Postby jlkr on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:56 am

LakersN4 wrote:
jlkr wrote:Bledsoe hasn't proved he can stay healthy. Just. Stay. Away.

Well we couldn't give him the full 5 year max so that's a bonus. Hopefully we could get him for under the max but it would have to be over the 4/48 Phx offered. I wouldn't mind giving him Chandler Parsons money.. 3/46 with the 3rd a player option.. If he stays healthy, let him opt out & reup after the tv money comes. If not, he's off the books soon enough that it doesn't kill us. We still have a max contract to throw at a FA both of the next 2 offseasons. 3 if we let Bledsoe expire. It wouldn't hurt our flexibility enough to not take the risk.

Good small players are okay. But trophies are won by good big players, not by pg's. Parker may have been the best player on the Spurs, but they feature a frontline headed by Duncan, Splitter and Diaw, and they have Ginobili and Leonard on the wings. Bledsoe is NOT in Parker's class, hence cannot be paying anywhere near this kind of money to him when the team hasn't lined up the all-star quality bigs who will get the team into the championship conversation. I thought the 4/48 Phoenix was offering was overpaying him. Let someone else overpay for him....
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 8m
Mo Williams has agreed to a one year, $3.75M deal with the Timberwolves, league source tells Yahoo.

Kind of figured he'd be too expensive, right?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vlade_12 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:43 pm

would you guys trade that Houston first for Shabazz Muhammed? He is buried on the t wolves who have a lot of wings. He could be groomed to be sf of the future.. we would a lot of young prospects 25 or under
big man:
Rob Sacre(25), Juluis Randle(19), Ed Davis(25), Ryan Kelly (23)

wings:
Xavier Henry(23), Shabazz Muhammed (21)

point guards
Jordan Clarkson(25), Jeremy Lin(25)

guys in their prime
Jordan Hill, Swaggy P, Wes Johnson

Vets
Nash, Kobe, Boozer = great mix
Howard Gasol
Clark Hill
MWP
Kobe Meeks
Nash Duhon
Playoff rotation! Bring Casspi or Ariza back home for a Title Run Mitch!!!
Vlade_12

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion