Rotations when Nash comes back? Blake?

Rotations when Nash comes back? Blake?

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 pm

I know in our championship days..we would have a FIRM rotation from our guys. Watching these Laker games lately tells me MDA is still mixing it up atm. Your ideas of how rotations will look or should look? I'm getting a bit annoyed because the way these rotations are, we are going to run out of gas. There's talent there in our bench..not a lot..but we need to find a way to utilize it.

I'm thinking:

Starting 5:

Nash/Kobe/MWP/Pau/Dwight

5 minute-ish mark in the 1st:

Blake or Duhon/Meeks/Kobe/front court of Jamison, Hill or Pau

2 minute-ish mark in the 1st:
Blake/Meeks/MWP/Jamison or Hill/Dwight

Start Nash fresh in the 2nd quarter with:

Nash/Meeks/MWP/Jamison or Hill/Dwight, bring back in Kobe/Pau or around the 5-6 minute mark while possibly giving Blake a run with the starters while resting Nash for a few minutes in the 2nd.

Finish games with:

Nash/Kobe/MWP/Pau/Dwight.
thisbjgz

Re: Rotations when Nash comes back? Blake?

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:48 am

Anything to keep Blake out of the lineup

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:59 am

kobe, nash, dwight and pau are all gonna play 38+ mpg and d'antoni is just gonna throw in random fillers here and there
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:09 am

Patience Lakers fans , the moment we are all nervously waiting for will come :jam2: : Blake as the backup 2 :jam2:
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

Nash, Meeks, Bryant, Gasol, Howard.

6:00-
Morris, Bryant, Artest, Jamison, Gasol

12:00-
Nash, Meeks, Artest, Jamison, Howard.

6:00-
Nash, Bryant, Artest, Gasol, Howard.

Rinse, repeat.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am

^

What he said. Except you have to give some minutes to Duhon. He can play. There's minutes for everyone. Except poor Hill. If we could package him with a young guard, Blake and Ebanks for... well... something :man10: that would be fantastic.

Main rotation is Nash/Duhon, Meeks/Morris, Kobe/Metta, Pau/Jamison, Dwight/Pau, with Metta playing some 4 if Jamison sucks. That's a 9 player rotation right there and it's solid. If we can get a young wing in trade... I'd be ecstatic.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby jjin28 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am

1st) Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Gasol, Dwight
2nd) Duhon, Blake, Jamison, Artest, Hill
3rd) Morris, DJO, Ebanks, Clark, Sacre
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 pm

why anyone would want blake on the court for the lakers is beyond me, this guy hasn't produced at all in his laker tenure.

this guys need to be far away from the team as possible, he does not fit the system, not now, not before. i never wanted him on the team.

WHY? because hes not a prototypical point guard to play with kobe, kobe needs a good off the ball point guard that can spot up shoot, basically a better derek fisher.

and its funny how duhon came upon our lap, i know there was a fuss about duhon years ago, and we wanted him way before the knicks were a respectable team, and i was for it back in what 07? 08?

i cant believe we got blake, and i was always against him and im GLAD im right from the start because he wasnt a guy that fit our team out all, especially playing with kobe bryant.

all im saying we never should of got this guy, and i knew we never should of gotten this guy from the start, i was never thrilled, and i knew he never fit this roster.

i do believe that some one do agrees with me, because i know A LOT of guys were happy we acquired him, i was not, hes not a good off the ball point guard nor is he spot up shooter.

and with a guy with named kobe bryant that is a type of PG we need.

this is not a nash discussion PERIOD
LooN3y

Postby JLaker17 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm just hoping with Nash coming back we can finally give Kobe some rest. Nash could effectively run the offense without Kobe, right now we need Kobe on the floor or else the offense goes to crap,.
JLaker17

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 pm

JLaker17 wrote:I'm just hoping with Nash coming back we can finally give Kobe some rest. Nash could effectively run the offense without Kobe, right now we need Kobe on the floor or else the offense goes to crap,.

^^ Truth.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 pm

karacha wrote:^

What he said. Except you have to give some minutes to Duhon. He can play. There's minutes for everyone. Except poor Hill. If we could package him with a young guard, Blake and Ebanks for... well... something :man10: that would be fantastic.

Main rotation is Nash/Duhon, Meeks/Morris, Kobe/Metta, Pau/Jamison, Dwight/Pau, with Metta playing some 4 if Jamison sucks. That's a 9 player rotation right there and it's solid. If we can get a young wing in trade... I'd be ecstatic.

Yeah I meant for Morris and Duhon to be interchangeable really... Duhon because he's a MUCH better offensive player and Morris because defensively he can change things on the perimeter.

I think you could package Hill to Blake's somewhat friendly contract and end up with a wing player in return... I don't know who or where but there's somebody out there who would bite on that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion