Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Re: Rumor: Michael Beasley For Jordan Hill?

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Vito Andolini wrote:I'm still not sure whats the big obsession with Beasley.

I like the idea of having a 23 yr old with a career avg of 15 and 5, coming off the bench for the worst bench in the NBA.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 pm

I actually like Hill, he plays with a lot of heart. But we need a legit shooting threat. Beasley has shown signs of being able to hit from anywhere... was a little disappointed to see his FG% not improve to the higher 40% range though honestly. I still think there is some upside to this kid.
BadCoaching

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Blake / Barnes / Hill

That was our bench in the playoffs.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:13 pm

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:

I like the idea of having a 23 yr old with a career avg of 15 and 5, coming off the bench for the worst bench in the NBA.

This. It's gotten so bad for Lakers fans and our bench that some of us no longer know what a good player would be or look like coming off of our bench. :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:28 pm

BadCoaching wrote:I actually like Hill, he plays with a lot of heart. But we need a legit shooting threat. Beasley has shown signs of being able to hit from anywhere... was a little disappointed to see his FG% not improve to the higher 40% range though honestly. I still think there is some upside to this kid.

I agree ... I think a winning culture will do wonders for him plus he's only 23. Maybe he'll pick up some of the legendary Kobe work ethic to maximize his potential.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Center Court on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:

This. It's gotten so bad for Lakers fans and our bench that some of us no longer know what a good player would be or look like coming off of our bench. :man10:

He's still young and relatively raw and has a career average of 15ppg while never having a defined role or team that was committed to his success. Look across the league there are not too many bench players who average 15+. Those who do are highly coveted and are all a big portion of their teams success. On a team where Steve Blake is our 6th man... yeah Beasley is a very appealing idea.

I think Hill is a great role player big man and I'd rather keep him if possible.
Center Court

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Would be super awesome if we could have both Hill and Beasley coming off our bench this next year.

PLEASE Happen :deal:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:42 am

Fuhhhh

Unrestricted free agent big man Jordan Hill is currently in Minnesota meeting with the Timberwolves. Hill is coming off of a strong performance for the Los Angeles Lakers in the playoffs. Timberwolves head coach Rick Adelman is leading the push for Hill, who he coached in Houston during his time with the Rockets. The Lakers have also contacted Hill about a new deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agency-diary

Come on hes the only bright spot on the bench last year and half way decent. We cant let him go. Mitch needs to convince him to return for that $3.6 mil unless Minny is offering him something outrageous like the full MLE

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:27 pm

The Rock wrote:Fuhhhh

Unrestricted free agent big man Jordan Hill is currently in Minnesota meeting with the Timberwolves. Hill is coming off of a strong performance for the Los Angeles Lakers in the playoffs. Timberwolves head coach Rick Adelman is leading the push for Hill, who he coached in Houston during his time with the Rockets. The Lakers have also contacted Hill about a new deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agency-diary

Come on hes the only bright spot on the bench last year and half way decent. We cant let him go. Mitch needs to convince him to return for that $3.6 mil unless Minny is offering him something outrageous like the full MLE

I like Jordan, but he's not irreplaceable any means.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby trodgers on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:35 pm

We need another big. Murphy is gone. If Hill leaves we need two - two who play. Not just guys who wear suits. We can add some cheap, but they won't be quality. Rumors of Amundson and Shard. Possibly very cheap.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Center Court on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Hill is the perfect big man behind Pau and Drew. Make's up for any and all the laziness they may show on the little things: chasing the ball, boxing out, showing on D, etc.

I full hope we bring back with some other good bench talent.

In an ideal world, J Hill, Wright and Mayo would be added to our team.

Blake, 2nd for Wright
Resign Hill
TPE for Mayo
Center Court

Postby XXIV on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:24 pm

^ I don't see GS touching that offer. We'd have to include a first along with Blake to even interest them. I'd much rather just use the TPE on Wright, keep our pick, and include Blake in a Pau/Bynum deal or just deal him for a second pick if possible.
XXIV

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
BadCoaching wrote:I actually like Hill, he plays with a lot of heart. But we need a legit shooting threat. Beasley has shown signs of being able to hit from anywhere... was a little disappointed to see his FG% not improve to the higher 40% range though honestly. I still think there is some upside to this kid.

I agree ... I think a winning culture will do wonders for him plus he's only 23. Maybe he'll pick up some of the legendary Kobe work ethic to maximize his potential.

:man10:
I want the guy, he'd be great off the bench, but he's not exactly known for being a hard worker.
*cough* "pot" *cough*
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Well, when you have the worst bench in the world, anybody is an upgrade... Even a nutjob like Beasley or an overrated scrub like OJ Mayo...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby The Rock on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 am

:man6:

https://twitter.com/jordanchill43/status/219927783239991296

My best friend was diagnose with prostate cancer yesterday...Plz pray for my daddy...I lost my mama already...not Tryna lose pops man :(

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:33 am

Damn that sucks. Will definitely be praying for Jordan, his father, and his family.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Finwë on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:01 am

Life makes no sense. It's so absurd, so random.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:12 am

Congo Cash wrote:

Well, when you have the worst bench in the world, anybody is an upgrade... Even a nutjob like Beasley or an overrated scrub like OJ Mayo...

Overrated scrub? He was probably overrated coming into the league, but he's not even close to a scrub. He's a quality NBA player.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 432J on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 am

let hill go and replace him off the bench with beasley

done
432J

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:00 am

432J wrote:let hill go and replace him off the bench with beasley

done

No backup Center. Boom. Done. One backup PF. Boom. Done.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 432J on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 am

trodgers wrote:

done

when i say replace hill with beasley i mean it as part of the gasol to minny deal. why keep hill when they could start williams at PF and have beasley provide the spark off the bench to back him up. and for a backup C they can just sign someone half decent for cheap, trading gasol and getting depth in return is far more important
432J

Postby khmrP on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:26 am

you guys are crazy to think Beasly will want to be a bench guy again, he was clearly unhappy with that role in Minn, yes they were losing as well. That doesn't mean he would be any happier playing that role here, he is still young enough to garner a starting spot from some one out there, even if its a bad team as long as he starts and gets his money I see Beasly going to said team.
khmrP

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 am

432J wrote:
trodgers wrote:

done

when i say replace hill with beasley i mean it as part of the gasol to minny deal. why keep hill when they could start williams at PF and have beasley provide the spark off the bench to back him up. and for a backup C they can just sign someone half decent for cheap, trading gasol and getting depth in return is far more important

I see. I'm thinking Gasol won't be moved. If we move Gasol and bring in Williams, I still think we need much more depth at PF/C.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 432J on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 am

honestly, i think gasol has played his last game in a lakers uniform. even if for some godforesaken they don't move him i'm pretty sure he will demand a trade. if the proposed trade to houston irked him last year imagine how he's taking all this trade talk
432J

Postby Congo Cash on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:07 pm

trodgers wrote:Overrated scrub? He was probably overrated coming into the league, but he's not even close to a scrub. He's a quality NBA player.

Well, I based it on his PO performance... 39% and 29%, and he is a shooting guard... Ok maybe not scrub :man11: , but he is nothing special IMO...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

PreviousNext

Return to The Graveyard