Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby therealdeal on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:00 pm

^ That.

What does it matter that he's getting paid? Seriously. The Lakers clearly see something there and would like to have the kid around. Who cares? Even if he ends up being camp fodder there's literally dozens of kids like this all over the NBA, why aren't you upset about every single one of them? Some of them won't play a minute even in the pre-season. Does that mean the teams shouldn't pay them?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby earvinfr on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Remember what we did for Turiaf. His heart issue was a bigger problem than Kelly's foot injury. Still, we kept him with the team and even if he was not great he was a good teamate and one of our favorite player. Turiaf like Kelly was a second round pick.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby khmrP on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:31 am

therealdeal wrote:^ That.

What does it matter that he's getting paid? Seriously. The Lakers clearly see something there and would like to have the kid around. Who cares? Even if he ends up being camp fodder there's literally dozens of kids like this all over the NBA, why aren't you upset about every single one of them? Some of them won't play a minute even in the pre-season. Does that mean the teams shouldn't pay them?

what do I care about other teams fodder? sure its not my money, just shows how managment keeps wasting money, just like with DJO, spend 500k to buy the pick only to not even keep him on the roster.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:35 am

khmrP wrote:

what do I care about other teams fodder? sure its not my money, just shows how managment keeps wasting money, just like with DJO, spend 500k to buy the pick only to not even keep him on the roster.

:man10:

I guess every team wastes money on these training camps. Let's just get rid of training camp, it's a waste of time and money.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:41 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

:man10:

I guess every team wastes money on these training camps. Let's just get rid of training camp, it's a waste of time and money.

wow nice turn of logic there :freak2:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:37 pm

That's exactly what you're saying. :man10: So yes I agree logic doesn't make any sense.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wallangong on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:01 pm

spend money to make money. you buy a pick in the hopes they pan out. just like a lot of investments, it doesn't. i don't see the problem here.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Off on one of the side courts in the Lakers practice facility, second-round draft pick Ryan Kelly participated in shooting drills along with Chris Kaman. It was the second day Kelly did some light work on the hardwood.
“Where I’m at physically, that’s hard to say,” Kelly said. “It’s going to take some time … (I’m) trying to stay involved as much as I can.”
The former Duke product underwent surgery on his right foot on April 9, but had yet to be cleared by doctors in mid-July. The Lakers signed him on September 20, but they have been cautious during his recovery process.
“(Health) is the most important thing and that’s why I’ve been following what the Lakers have asked me medically,” Kelly said.
Kelly did miss playing in summer league, and has been limited thus far in camp in terms of participating in drills and 5-on-5 scrimmages. But he maintains there is no rush to get back onto the court.
“Certainly I want that opportunity, but health is more important than just one year (in your career), he said. “I’m a competitor and I want to be on the court obviously, and show what I can do, but you have to take care of your health first.”

http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2013/10/03/kelly-making-progress/
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Sounds like a guy trying to compete for a roster spot.......

Overseas.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby walah123 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:28 am

Ryan Kelly will surprise a lot of people.

He plays like Troy Murphy (with better handles) / Dirk Nowitzki.
walah123

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:54 am

He doesn't play like Dirk at all... Dirk posts up mid range and shoots over you. Kelly either shoots or takes one dribble pull ups. He's more of a Channing Frye than a Dirk.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:04 am

Slow & useless

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:06 am

Troy Murphy could board a little bit in his prime and when healthy. Kelly can't jump and he doesn't seem like a strong rebounder.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Center Court on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:09 am

therealdeal wrote:He doesn't play like Dirk at all... Dirk posts up mid range and shoots over you. Kelly either shoots or takes one dribble pull ups. He's more of a Channing Frye than a Dirk.

Channing Frye is a good piece IMO. One element that every team needs is the stretch big man.
Center Court

Postby therealdeal on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:19 am

Center Court wrote:
therealdeal wrote:He doesn't play like Dirk at all... Dirk posts up mid range and shoots over you. Kelly either shoots or takes one dribble pull ups. He's more of a Channing Frye than a Dirk.

Channing Frye is a good piece IMO. One element that every team needs is the stretch big man.

I like Kelly. I think he's got a future in the NBA if he puts some weight on. He knows the game, he's got a slick shot, and he's fundamentally sound. I think if he puts weight on, he can box out effectively and play some of that stretch 4.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:20 am

Center Court wrote:

Too bad he's not Channing Frye...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby walah123 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Ryan Kelly is the next Dirk Nowitzki.

He will be an all star in 3-5 yrs.
walah123

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:01 pm

walah123 wrote:Ryan Kelly will surprise a lot of people.

ryan "machine gun" kelly in the same sentence as dirk nowitzki? :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man4: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:03 pm

walah123 wrote:Ryan Kelly is the next Dirk Nowitzki.

:man10: :man10: :man10: please stop it i can't take it anymore your killing me :man10: :man10: :man10: please hook me up with your supplier that is some bomb shizz you smoking :man10: :man10:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Juronimo on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Oh boy, here we go again. Mentioning Ryan Kelly in the same sentence as Dirk Nowitzki is like comparing Robert Sacre to Kareem.

But hey this is CL tradition. I'm surprised ridiculous comparisons haven't happened sooner this preseason. Remember these gems?

the-graveyard/luke-larry-the-showdown-t41095.html

the-graveyard/bold-statement-42135-von-wafer-will-next-kobe-ray-allen-t36583.html
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I actually think Kelly could have some promise. At 6-11 he is a good spot up guy that can also shoot off the dribble pretty well. On defense he is a liability but at least coming from Duke he has talent in taking charges. Likely not a serious contributor but a good asset to have on the bench. At worst he is Brian Cook.
live and die in LA

Postby walah123 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Ryan Kelly is a hybrid combination of Dirk Nowitizki, Andrea Bargnani and Channing Frye.
Believe the hype...
walah123

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:20 pm

walah123 wrote:Ryan Kelly is a hybrid combination of Dirk Nowitizki, Andrea Bargnani and Channing Frye.
Believe the hype...

Nobody believes you are serious man, it was funny at first, but I think the joke is dead.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:47 pm

:man4:
:man3:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
John3:16

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:39 pm

When in doubt.......FREAK DA DOE
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion