Ryan Kelly Discussion: Medina - 2 year deal, no options (19)

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby walah123 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:19 am

Ryan kelly is a taller Larry bird. He is that good.

i am serious.
walah123

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 am

walah123 wrote:Ryan kelly is a taller Larry bird. He is that good.

i am delusional.
LTLakerFan

Postby Toklat on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 am

Ryan is going to be much better than most people think.. It will be fun to watch him develop. What makes this team so exciting to think about is the gold mine of potential. It even half of it explodes we are going to have a shot. I am so glad we have all these young exciting players and enough vets to keep them pointed in the right direction.
Toklat

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:49 am

:jam2: :jam2: We need the health god to smile on us this year but I agree......errrrr......not about the "shot" but everything else. :beer:

Edit..... Oh screw it seriously. "Caveat" time of course. HEALTH GOD has to smile on Nash, Gasol, Kaman and especially Kobe, and no more than the random 1-2 week out everyday types of injuries for everyone else. Odds tremendously against and having a hit on the pipe to say it...... but yeah you know what if that were to happen we could conceivably catch lightening in a bottle and have a "shot". In spite of Dan's lack of pedigree in the playoffs. Horry's hip check of Nash into the scorer's table unfairly robbed him of his best chance ever to see what his wet dream team could do.
LTLakerFan

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:21 am

Why don't they play Kelly more? I know things went well last night, but I feel he could be valuable if you replaced Pau and Shawn Williams limited minutes minutes with Kelly. He is out there hustling and working hard. Also good to see him come back from that injury. I just suffered the exact same thing as him (Jones Fracture) and its a frustrating injury.
Savory Griddles

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:02 am

He's really, really weak physically. He needs to bulk up a lot to make a home in the NBA. Some of not playing him very much could very well be them trying to save him.

He's got a good feel though for the sport and he could have a decent NBA career.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:08 am

Savory Griddles wrote:Why don't they play Kelly more? I know things went well last night, but I feel he could be valuable if you replaced Pau and Shawn Williams limited minutes minutes with Kelly. He is out there hustling and working hard. Also good to see him come back from that injury. I just suffered the exact same thing as him (Jones Fracture) and its a frustrating injury.

Bummer! Hope you can find and stick with a plan for quickest healing time that doesn't impact your life too much. From basketball currently?
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:08 pm

therealdeal wrote:He's really, really weak physically. He needs to bulk up a lot to make a home in the NBA. Some of not playing him very much could very well be them trying to save him.

He's got a good feel though for the sport and he could have a decent NBA career.

Yeah he needs to start lifting and eating more, he's really more of SF right now than a PF.
XXIV

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:16 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:Why don't they play Kelly more? I know things went well last night, but I feel he could be valuable if you replaced Pau and Shawn Williams limited minutes minutes with Kelly. He is out there hustling and working hard. Also good to see him come back from that injury. I just suffered the exact same thing as him (Jones Fracture) and its a frustrating injury.

Bummer! Hope you can find and stick with a plan for quickest healing time that doesn't impact your life too much. From basketball currently?

Soccer. Tried to let it heal on its own for a month. NOTHING happened (which I guess is quite common because of a lack of blood flow to the area). They then put a screw in, essentially resetting the clock on the injury. Limped around on crutches for a month, all for naught. Difference is it seems his was a stress fracture while mine was a stress-acute.
Savory Griddles

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:He's really, really weak physically. He needs to bulk up a lot to make a home in the NBA. Some of not playing him very much could very well be them trying to save him.

This. He needs more time in the gym, both upper and lower body. There was a moment last night where he was dogging a NO guard coming up court and a slight nudge from the ball carrier almost knocked Kelly off his feet.

That being said, the guy has an undeniably gorgeous stroke and college tutelage from the best. A good pedigree has value.

Worst case scenario: Another Brian Cook.
Best case scenario: Ryan Anderson.

Worst of all cases scenario. His stroke fails him and he becomes Travis Knight II.
Alleyhoops

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Oh no, do not remind me of the Travis Knight. Or Sean Rooks. Or Chris Mihm.

:shutters:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:58 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
walah123 wrote:Ryan kelly is a taller Larry bird. He is that good.

i am delusional.

:man10: :man10: nice, correct fix
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby bltkmt on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:32 am

Myles Plumlee is getting real minutes and producing...he wasn't that much better than Kelly at Duke. We need to get this kid some minutes.
bltkmt

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:23 am

bltkmt wrote:Myles Plumlee is getting real minutes and producing...he wasn't that much better than Kelly at Duke. We need to get this kid some minutes.

So we give someone minutes based on how his college teammate is playing in the NBA? :man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:28 am

he's not ready.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:19 am

Hmmm....I think they'll send him down to the D-league for further development. I can see where people would want to start him; Shawn Williams has basically given us nothing out of that 'stretch 4' he was supposed to play. Nevertheless, you don't want to rush this kid. He will get his opportunities.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 47m
The Lakers have assigned rookies Ryan Kelly and Elias Harris to the D-Fenders, their D-League affiliate

Like I thought...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Of course, that's the right decision.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby bltkmt on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:00 am

Doc Brown wrote:
bltkmt wrote:Myles Plumlee is getting real minutes and producing...he wasn't that much better than Kelly at Duke. We need to get this kid some minutes.

So we give someone minutes based on how his college teammate is playing in the NBA? :man3:

Well, yes. We give minutes to a player very similar in talent to another player that is currently producing.
bltkmt

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:50 am

bltkmt wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

Well, yes. We give minutes to a player very similar in talent to another player that is currently producing.

The two players are totally different. Why would one react the same and produce the same if their situations, personalities, and abilities are different?

I'll enter my cat into a race because my horse is a good runner.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:54 am

:freak2: Plumlee was/is WAY more athletic and efficient. He's also stronger and a completely different player.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby bltkmt on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Never mind...I was looking at the wrong Plumlee anyhow. The one that is doing well is the older brother. Retract my comments.
bltkmt

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:20 pm

But they both went to Duke though. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:48 pm

:bow: :man10:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 pm

So how's Ryan doing in the D-league? Has anyone been watching their games? I stumbled across one yesterday afternoon on TWSN but it was in the 2nd half and a bunch of short guys were in. Prepping probably for playing for small ball Dan.
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion