Ryan Kelly Discussion: Medina - 2 year deal, no options (19)

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby XXIV on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Maybe it's MDA's system or he's just a good basketball player. Either way I'd like the Lakers to sign him, preferably on a cheap 2-3 year deal with a team option for maybe the last year. I don't understand why they didn't sign him to a longer deal in the first place but with a team option.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6387
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:23 pm

XXIV wrote:Maybe it's MDA's system or he's just a good basketball player. Either way I'd like the Lakers to sign him, preferably on a cheap 2-3 year deal with a team option for maybe the last year. I don't understand why they didn't sign him to a longer deal in the first place but with a team option.

Because it was questionable if he was even going to be able to play this season coming off of his foot injury.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2519
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby XXIV on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 pm

LakersN4 wrote:
XXIV wrote:Maybe it's MDA's system or he's just a good basketball player. Either way I'd like the Lakers to sign him, preferably on a cheap 2-3 year deal with a team option for maybe the last year. I don't understand why they didn't sign him to a longer deal in the first place but with a team option.

Because it was questionable if he was even going to be able to play this season coming off of his foot injury.


That's why I said with a team option.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6387
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby Barnstable on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:19 am

XXIV wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:
XXIV wrote:Maybe it's MDA's system or he's just a good basketball player. Either way I'd like the Lakers to sign him, preferably on a cheap 2-3 year deal with a team option for maybe the last year. I don't understand why they didn't sign him to a longer deal in the first place but with a team option.

Because it was questionable if he was even going to be able to play this season coming off of his foot injury.


That's why I said with a team option.

I also doubt they expected him to immerge as being as good as he has been in his rooky year.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14301
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:38 am

XXIV wrote:Maybe it's MDA's system :disagree: or he's just a good basketball player :jam2: . Either way I'd like the Lakers to sign him, preferably on a cheap 2-3 year deal with a team option for maybe the last year. I don't understand why they didn't sign him to a longer deal in the first place but with a team option.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:06 am

He was signed on a rookie contract in the 2nd round of the NBA draft.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40269
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Just listened to him being interviewed by Mike Trudell prior to Mavericks game tonight. He definitely has confidence and a competitive edge to him. Smart, well spoken kid whose game has progressed as he has continued to work on it "during" the season. He did bring up how he could not work or practice all summer long because of the foot healing after surgery. I really expect him to work hard this summer and come back (hopefully to Lakers) an even better player in his sophomore season.

Wonder how if he had not had the injury coming into the league, and even with it, he compares to Radmanovic at the same age, or his rookie year in NBA? I think he will be a more complete and a better player.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby karacha on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:50 pm

Well, Radman was more athletic, stronger, more muscular... but other then that, there are some similarities.

"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37452
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:11 pm

I'd be pretty sure Kelly will put some muscle on next couple of years. At the same young age was Radman what you would call stronger, more muscular? Just asking, I know this is not easy quick comparison from memory.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby karacha on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:47 pm

I think Radman was naturally stronger, but that's something Kelly can work on. But he'll never be as athletic as Radman. It's just that Vlad never really used his explosiveness that much; he preferred to shoot the long ball. Kelly is a more talented defender though. He also rebounds better.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37452
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby Savory Griddles on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:17 am

Radman was a little bit of a waste of talent. He could have been an important piece to a championship team from a talent/tools perspective. But Phil called him Space Cadet and My Favorite Martian for a reason. Guy had the intelligence of a Chinchilla.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9035
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby trodgers on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:09 pm

karacha wrote:Well, Radman was more athletic, stronger, more muscular... but other then that, there are some similarities.


They both broke their neck on a drive.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46462
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PreyrU5Ie74

I don't know why the youtube thing isn't working... but in case ya'll forgot! :man9:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40269
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:52 am

Glad you posted this vid up...I like his promise as a future rotational piece on a good team. I think we found a keeper in Kelly...
lukewaltonsdad

 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 am

therealdeal wrote:
I don't know why the youtube thing isn't working... but in case ya'll forgot! :man9:


Just gotta take out the "s" in the http.
Image
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
User avatar
Punk-101

 
Posts: 13264
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Orange, CA

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks. Why does that happen?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40269
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:08 am

Man Kelly looks solid. I hope we can keep most of our guys.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7825
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:10 am

therealdeal wrote:Thanks. Why does that happen?

I don't f***ing know. :man10: You think I write code or something? I got the tip from Roo.

BTW, you used the url tags instead of the youtube tags, so that may have been a tad bit problematic as well. :man12:
Image
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
User avatar
Punk-101

 
Posts: 13264
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Orange, CA

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:16 am

Kelly got snubbed out of the 2nd team all-rookie team IMO.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 am

Punk-101 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Thanks. Why does that happen?

I don't f***ing know. :man10: You think I write code or something? I got the tip from Roo.

BTW, you used the url tags instead of the youtube tags, so that may have been a tad bit problematic as well. :man12:

I changed the tag once the youtube one didn't work. :man10: I thought you knew everything?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40269
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:06 am

therealdeal wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Thanks. Why does that happen?

I don't f***ing know. :man10: You think I write code or something? I got the tip from Roo.

BTW, you used the url tags instead of the youtube tags, so that may have been a tad bit problematic as well. :man12:

I changed the tag once the youtube one didn't work. :man10: I thought you knew everything?

Someone's thrilled to be able to post embedded youtube clips again. :mhihi:
Image
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
User avatar
Punk-101

 
Posts: 13264
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Orange, CA

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 am

I'm going nuts!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40269
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:16 am

therealdeal wrote:Thanks. Why does that happen?

Because you're logged in, making it a secure connection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Secure
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2519
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 am

Well thank you sir. That was much more informative than Punk's response. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40269
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Ryan Kelly Discussion:

Postby Savory Griddles on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Kelly got snubbed out of the 2nd team all-rookie team IMO.


I agree. Are there seriously 10 better rookies this season? This was the worst draft class I have EVER seen. MCW and Oladipo wouldn't have made second team for some years.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9035
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.