I SAID IT ONCE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN... TRADE HORRY!!!!!!

I SAID IT ONCE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN... TRADE HORRY!!!!!!

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 12:51 am

I'M JUST WAY TO FRUSTRATED W/ THIS GUY. YEA YEA HE WAS THE MAN IN THE CLUTCH THE PAST 2 YEARS, BUT NOT THIS YEAR AND EVER AGAIN!!! SLAVA MEDVENDENKO LOOKED BETTER OUT THERE THAN HORRY DID!! THAT SHOULD PRETTY MUCH SUM UP THINGS FOR THE SUMMER.... TRADE HORRY AND GET ANOTHER PF WORTH THE MONEY!! HORRY IS NOTHING BUT A LIABLILITY TO US NOW AND YOU ALL KNOW IT!!! FORGET THE PAST WHAT HE'S DONE!! WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO IS GET IT DONE RIGHT NOW, BUT IT JUST ISN'T HAPPENING!! I'M SORRY YOU GUYS, I'M A HARDCORE LAKER FAN, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ATTEMPTING TO SHOOT OUT THERE!! ARGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!

GAME 6 IS A MUST WIN!! KEEP HORRY ON THE BENCH AND PUT IN SLAVA FOR GOD SAKE!!!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 1:04 am

Horry is in the biggest slump of his career... I seems like everything he's attempting is never going in, or when he has the ball he turns it over. Too bad its occuring late in the playoffs, and we need him, just like the rest of the guys more than ever. But dont let ur frustrations lead u in a trade frenzy just cuz of a slump.... Dayam it hurt the team a lot, but they managed to overcome their mistakes, and came back from a 25 point deficit, which I'm very very very proud of... But they all thought the shot was goin in, and they didn't even attempt to grab a board just in sase he missed, which he did... We had pleanty of time left on the clock to get a board and tip it back in for tha duece... But it didn't happen that way... :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 1:10 am

BUT WHY PUT HORRY BACK IN FOR SLAVA AND FISHER FOR PARGO WHEN THEY WERE DOING SO WELL??? THAT WAS THE WORST SUBSTITUTION IN THOSE CRUCIAL FINAL MINUTES!!!

PARGO ADDED THAT INTENSITY AND SLAVA ADDED OFFENSE!!!!
THIS IS JUST TOO FRUSTRATING....
Lakers4Ever

HOrry

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 1:13 am

Unfriendly rim. Besides Kobe, I wouldnt' want anyone else shooting that shot. having said that, Yes, he needs to go. He takes the regular season off in prep for playoffs. He's not getting it done.

Slava came in and did VERY well. I know he is terrible on D, but Horry isn't getting it done. At least he'll hit an open shot.

That shot: just an unfriendly rim.

LA in 7.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 1:15 am

Lakers4Ever wrote:BUT WHY PUT HORRY BACK IN FOR SLAVA AND FISHER FOR PARGO WHEN THEY WERE DOING SO WELL??? THAT WAS THE WORST SUBSTITUTION IN THOSE CRUCIAL FINAL MINUTES!!!

PARGO ADDED THAT INTENSITY AND SLAVA ADDED OFFENSE!!!!
THIS IS JUST TOO FRUSTRATING....

I KNOW!!! That made me sooo maddd!! In critical times, stay with the guys that brought the deficit down!! Jannero was doin tight, and Slava was knockin it down... But Maybe they thought that since they've never been in critical stages of the game before that they had to put players that played in this type of scenario before.. u know? But Slava and Jannero were key into bringin us closer and closer, so to me that's critcal enuff, u know!!?? Lets see what happens in Game 6!!! GO LAKERS! :man1:
Last edited by LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 1:15 am

Slava came in and did VERY well. I know he is terrible on D, but Horry isn't getting it done.

Slava put Duncan to sleep!! Did you miss that?? He's been doing better on Duncan than Horry. Check the stats....
Lakers4Ever

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 1:16 am

Slava came in and did VERY well. I know he is terrible on D, but Horry isn't getting it done

Slava put Duncan to sleep!! Did you miss that?? He's been doing better on Duncan than Horry. Check the stats....
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 1:20 am

Hell yea...Slava was goin great on offense and defence! He was doin a better on on TD than Horry.. Dayam I love it how Slava stepped up, and did his thang...That was Slava at his best, something we haven't seen before... We all know he has a good J, and dayam he was using it to the best of his ability!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Wed May 14, 2003 1:29 am

Don't forget what Horry has done for this franchise ... without him we would not have 3 rings and competing for the fourth !!!

I deserve more respect than that as Fox do. But you are right, it's time to change if we want to keep winning these rings.

GO LAKERS, GO IN 7
GoldenEye

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 1:33 am

Like I said... That is the past. This is the present. What happened in the past doesn't make today any better!! That just isn't any excuse for him to stay.
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 1:33 am

GoldenEye wrote:Don't forget what Horry has done for this franchise ... without him we would not have 3 rings and competing for the fourth !!!

I deserve more respect than that as Fox do. But you are right, it's time to change if we want to keep winning these rings.

GO LAKERS, GO IN 7

See, we havent forgot what Horry has done! Horry's just in a bad slump, and he has to let the shots come to him, instead of just takin bad shots... His selection seems to be a bit more broaden cuz his touch isn't there, so he's attempting to take any shot, so he can get back in rhythm... That's hurting the team right now, and he should just ease off, and play tremedous D on Duncan, and crash the boards... He shouldn't worry so much about his touch, cuz as long as he rebounds and gives us second chances on that possession, then that's the Horry I wanna see!!! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Slava

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 2:00 am

I liked the block Slava had on Duncan. Of course it was called a foul with no replay. WHat's up with that. Seemed like every questionable call was not replayed on TV.

I'm telling you, NBA wants this a 7 game series. No doubt LA wins in 7.

Oh yaa, Fisher has to shoot more!

Re: Slava

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 2:34 am

kobegotskillz wrote:I liked the block Slava had on Duncan. Of course it was called a foul with no replay. WHat's up with that. Seemed like every questionable call was not replayed on TV.

I'm telling you, NBA wants this a 7 game series. No doubt LA wins in 7.

Oh yaa, Fisher has to shoot more!

Dayam that's why I hate TNT... Their announcers suck, and they don't show questionable replays... And plus in mah area, their signal kept messin up, and the picture kept freezin!! UUUUH!! :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

game

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 2:41 am

That's what you get for havin' a 13 inch black and white TV with rabbitt ears. HA HA (you might be too young to know what I'm talkin about). But trust me, it's funny!

Re: game

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 2:46 am

kobegotskillz wrote:That's what you get for havin' a 13 inch black and white TV with rabbitt ears. HA HA (you might be too young to know what I'm talkin about). But trust me, it's funny!

LOL!! Hey don't be makin fun of mah ghetto TV!! Nah, JK!! But TNT was messin up around here, in the late stages of the 4th quarter!! The picture kept pausing and then comin back on, but the audio feed was ok... Dayam TNT SIGNAL!!!!! I know the rabbit ears ur talkin about...I borrowed ur clothes hangers and put them on top of mah TV!! Thanks a lot!! YEAAAAH!! :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 9:51 am

Horry is one of the reasons why we are losing this series to be honest. If you guys don't see it and always rely on the past, then you're being blinded!! He has juggled the ball on the dribble and created TO's, threw up bricks (0-15), and threw lazy passes in the post to Shaq. What's up w/ that?!?! And to top it all off, his defense just isn't the way it used to be. He's just flat out wasted, and we need to put in your younger teammates!! I'll have to give props to Snakell Beast for saying this and now I agree, Slava is our answer!! I was wrong from the get go about this guy, and now I have much faith in him.

PLS PHIL, LESSEN HORRY'S MINUTES AND PUT SLAVA IN THE PF POSITION!!!! Doing this will create more of a threat on the perimeter and give more space for Shaq to work in the post.
Lakers4Ever

Postby k8fanatic on Wed May 14, 2003 10:42 am

hey, lets take this a step at a time. i dun think its fair to talk about trading horry yet. would u say dat if he was krazy in the last 2 games of this series? cmon, dats unfair. just give him a chance, he's always done well for us. lets not look into the future, but rather take it a game at a time. give him a chance, i have faith in him, but obviously u do not, i just think he should comeo ff the bench while slava starts.
k8fanatic

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 11:36 am

Horry provides enough OTHER things for us to stick with him. We just need to play the bulk (20-27 minutes) with SLAVA and let Horry and Madsen come in to defend Duncan and use up the fouls so Slava can stay aggressive.

"I'll have to give props to Snakell Beast for saying this and now I agree, Slava is our answer!! I was wrong from the get go about this guy, and now I have much faith in him.

PLS PHIL, LESSEN HORRY'S MINUTES AND PUT SLAVA IN THE PF POSITION!!!! Doing this will create more of a threat on the perimeter and give more space for Shaq to work in the post."

I Told you...He had a few big boards and a good layup in game 4 too, remember? He is the answer right now and imagine if Phil had started him all year, he would be giving Duncan fits with his smooth j from 15. And Duncan would not be able to roam freely defensively, which would allow Kobe to play more efficiently against Bowen and also allow Shaq to gain an advantage down low. We might not see a great difference if Slava gets more time now because he is still green (thanks Phil) but at least we all see how much potential this 24! year old has. Please re-sign him to a contract extension next year along with Kobe and Shaq, then we have the triple post scorers we need to make the TRIangle work properly!
Snakell Beast

Agreed (frustratedly!!!)

Postby caliown on Wed May 14, 2003 12:49 pm

I am so upset with Horry I almost can't watch when Duncan gets the ball....Or when Horry shoots the ball. The only time I am okay with Horry is if he is passing the ball to Shaq or Kobe. I feel so bad for Shaq and Kobe because they are getting double zoned (not double-teamed). They cannot breathe when they have the ball. I hate to say it, but either Horry take all summer shooting the basketball with Kobe, or bye-bye Big Shot Rob. We will miss the 2001 & 2002 you, but we will not miss the 2003 you. :nono5: Peace!!!!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
caliown

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 3:49 pm

Horry's in a BAD slump! And it's hurtin the team :bang:

Slava shown a spark in the last game. He's ready for the challenge and he stepped up by knockin his J and crashin some boards... He needs to work on being more aggressive, like Madd Dogg, but dont worry they got it on lock.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Wed May 14, 2003 5:09 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:Horry provides enough OTHER things for us to stick with him. We just need to play the bulk (20-27 minutes) with SLAVA and let Horry and Madsen come in to defend Duncan and use up the fouls so Slava can stay aggressive.

I totally agree with you there. That would be a good call to make. I feel very bad for Horry... he's desperately trying to help his team out but his shots just aren't falling. The fact that he got all the negative attention after the game is ridiculous. If another guy shot it... let's say Derek Fisher for example, no one would EXPECT him to hit it. But if you're Robert Horry and you've been doing it consistently for years, people get let down. I hope Rob breaks out of this slump he's in and steps up for us soon.

In the meanwhile we really need to give Slava some minutes!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Wed May 14, 2003 5:22 pm

I remember having this discussion with my buddy SA early in the season. I've always said Horry is overrated. I've always said what if he ever misses one of those game winners....what good would he be then?

The man can't defend, can't score and he's not a tough rebounder......people wouldn't even know who Horry is if not for the few magical shots. The Lakers should of traded him for Sam Cassel when Milwake wanted Horry at the deadline.

Oh well....now who is going to want him? The man is 2-35 from three point land in the playoffs..THAT'S 5%!!!!

The man shot 26% from the field this past season.....That's not even good enough for the CBA.

Now watch, Horry will hit a game winner and people will be kissing his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

Postby LakerPride1 on Wed May 14, 2003 5:22 pm

oops that was me again...
LakerPride1

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 3:01 am

Anonymous wrote:I remember having this discussion with my buddy SA early in the season. I've always said Horry is overrated. I've always said what if he ever misses one of those game winners....what good would he be then?

The man can't defend, can't score and he's not a tough rebounder......people wouldn't even know who Horry is if not for the few magical shots. The Lakers should of traded him for Sam Cassel when Milwake wanted Horry at the deadline.

Oh well....now who is going to want him? The man is 2-35 from three point land in the playoffs..THAT'S 5%!!!!

The man shot 26% from the field this past season.....That's not even good enough for the CBA.

Now watch, Horry will hit a game winner and people will be kissing his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

Well Horry is just in a slump this playoff season... Stats don't categorize how important his presence has been for the Lakers in the past. He's done so much for the team, uncluding knockin down shots in the clutch, and that's his speciality... Sure he's been off, but he's gotta find his range back, and sooner or later he will... He had a great game in the 1st round of the playoffs.. He came out on fire in one of those games, and he was on point. But he isn't burned out or anything, he is just in the biggest slump of his career... When Horry gets his touch back, I guarantee you'll prolly be one of the ones that are gonna kiss his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], or br one of those who just say he made lucky shots... U seem like a Laker or Horry hata, or maybe a bandwagoned fan who just jumped off, and ready to get back on when they do do something.... :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby GoldenEye on Thu May 15, 2003 3:20 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I remember having this discussion with my buddy SA early in the season. I've always said Horry is overrated. I've always said what if he ever misses one of those game winners....what good would he be then?

Well Horry is just in a slump this playoff season... Stats don't categorize how important his presence has been for the Lakers in the past. He's done so much for the team, uncluding knockin down shots in the clutch, and that's his speciality... Sure he's been off, but he's gotta find his range back, and sooner or later he will... He had a great game in the 1st round of the playoffs.. He came out on fire in one of those games, and he was on point. But he isn't burned out or anything, he is just in the biggest slump of his career... When Horry gets his touch back, I guarantee you'll prolly be one of the ones that are gonna kiss his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], or br one of those who just say he made lucky shots... U seem like a Laker or Horry hata, or maybe a bandwagoned fan who just jumped off, and ready to get back on when they do do something.... :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

You're 100% right LakersGyrl, Horry will step up game 6 and 7 ... and all of you guys will kiss his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] !!! :man9:
GoldenEye

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion