Sasha lets it all hang out when it comes to the Celtics..

Sasha lets it all hang out when it comes to the Celtics..

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:48 pm

Sasha Vujacic, having vowed never to wear green again, had begun chiding reporters at practice who arrived in anything resembling the Celtic hue.

“I don’t like them,” Vujacic said of the Celtics. “I don’t want to talk about them.”

Hate them?

“More than that.”

Them is strong words...!! :mhihi:

There wasn't a thread dedicated to this, but Sasha wins Laker points with this statement.

I love that he just comes out and says that he hates them... He doesn't say "We're better.." or "They're wack"...he doesn't say anything about them to give them ammo..... he just says "I DON'T LIKE THEM"...

:man11:

He isn't the best player...but when you have a guy who has that strong of a feeling about an opponent...it's always good to have him on your team....cause you know that he's gonna bring a little extra fire when they play them...

Lucky for us, its the team most likely to be standing between the Lakers and the title....
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Re: Sasha lets it all hang out when it comes to the Celtics..

Postby Juronimo on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:03 am

Mad props to Sasha. I'm glad that he cares that much. That is the tone that is needed if we want to be successful.

I think the whole team is beginning feeling that same level of disgust for THEM that us fans feel, even if most prefer to be PC with the media. When Shuttlesworth was running his mouth at that awards show, you can just see and feel Fisher's anger when that happened.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Barnstable on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:27 am

A little hate would be good for this team since motivations seems to be our worst problem. I think Pau has a bit of it, but I hope it spreads to Drew.

Mad props Sasha :kobe1:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:30 am

I love Sasha, he's made me a lifetime fan with his hustle and attitude. Yeah, he can be a chucker, but he's in there to shoot, the one thing he never lacks is energy and hustle. So yeah, I'm glad he's a Celtic hater like the rest of us, they suck, bunch of arrogant a-holes.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby superbad on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:34 am

THE MACHINE has NO CLASS.

I LOVE it!
^^^ THE SHOT THAT GAVE US OUR FOURTH RING! 15TH MOFOS! ^^^
superbad

Postby Shadow on Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:44 am

You gotta love Sasha's passion after the win..

Shadow

Postby karacha on Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:27 am

^

Awesome photo, love the emotion. The Machine is a Laker forever!
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby ilovesashavujacic on Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:28 am

im so glad sasha is on our team, without his passion the lakers would be blahhh.
ilovesashavujacic

Postby SammyG on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Gotta love the Machine
2008-2009 NBA Champs
SammyG

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:19 pm

He who hates the Machine hates himself! Sasha is a Laker for Life and will be a multi-champion with the Lakers by the time his career is over.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakers Showtime24-7 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:14 pm

Laker for life? I hope so. His passion is undeniable.
I want to buy an authentic, white, #8 Kobe jersey in size 48 or 50. Please message me if you can help.
Lakers Showtime24-7

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:22 pm

GOTTA LOVE THE MACHINE!
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby 432J on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:29 pm

Great to see the emotion and the passion from sasha, thats what this team needs. Awesome photo btw
432J

Postby loiamve2007 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Now he needs to hate all the other opponents the same way he does Boston -- it sure helps him play better.
loiamve2007

Postby Valentino Rossi on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:10 pm

loiamve2007 wrote:Now he needs to hate all the other opponents the same way he does Boston -- it sure helps him play better.

Both the last two quotes are SPOT ON, its the ANGER the hatred that makes this TEAM play with the PASSION, the DRIVE, the URGENCY, instead the board members on here exchange nice threads back and forth with Celtic fan that trolls here, all the while SASHA and others battle...

LOL, Sasha, wouldn't wear green until after the game.....

Gotta love him....
"And what is Rome Maximus?"
"I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, ROME is the light..."
Valentino Rossi

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Sasha Vujacic is a throw back player...to the NBA of the 1980s... He's got genuine hatred for the opponent...

You don't see that with other players...even Kobe... Kobe comes out on the court and he hates you...but after the game, he'll text you and say whats up...shake your hand...exchange a few playful jabs...

Sasha hates you when he wakes up....

he hates you when he's eating special K and banana slices...
he hates you when he's driving his Range Rover to the arena...
he hates you when he's in the training room getting his ankles taped and listening to One Republic or some other fruity band on his I-pod....
he hates you during shoot-around as he drains threes and drives to the rim for his clumsy layups...
he hates you during the starting lineup presentations and as the ball gets tipped off...
he hates you when you nudge him with your hand as he's driving and he falls to the floor...
he hates you when the final buzzer sounds....as he's showering...as he's talking to reporters...as he drives home...as he turns out his light...

Like someone mentioned in this thread...we need more of that on this team.
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby jbum on Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:28 pm

awesome... Sasha has brought the passion and emotion you often see in the sport of soccer (futbol) on the global stage to our team. That's always a plus.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby 432J on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:40 pm

epic bump

here is the main reason why i would love to see sasha back. the passion and the energy is something this team really lacked all season long and the machine is full of energy
432J

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

hes a true laker. i wouldnt mind him coming back. but idk what that would mean for meeks or sasha's role. prob would be good when kobe is out but when hes back one would be buried on the bench
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Ariza3 wrote:hes a true laker. i wouldnt mind him coming back. but idk what that would mean for meeks or sasha's role. prob would be good when kobe is out but when hes back one would be buried on the bench

It's right where Meeks belongs, buried on the bench never to take his warmups off unless there is a blow out.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dmaul on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Gotta love Sasha. He did the one thing those Spurs couldn't do in the closing moments of a finals game with the championship in the balance - make free throws. And for that, god bless Sasha.
dmaul

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:16 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:He who hates the Machine hates himself! Sasha is a Laker for Life and will be a multi-champion with the Lakers by the time his career is over.

Well he wasn't a Laker for life, but that was out of his control. Dang you called it on the multiple championships though.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:36 pm

This is why I like bringing Sasha back.. He was a true Laker & it appears he still is.
lakersin4

Postby earvinfr on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:02 pm

dmaul wrote:Gotta love Sasha. He did the one thing those Spurs couldn't do in the closing moments of a finals game with the championship in the balance - make free throws. And for that, god bless Sasha.

:bow:
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:57 pm

again I wouldn't mind having him back but not until we have exhausted those players we've already been in contact with first. Delfino, Garcia, Ellington....
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion