SAW KG!

Postby DNP on Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:41 am

after the kobe video, i think the nba got the message not to talk to strangers. from that pix, that's hard to tell if that's kg.
DNP

Re: SAW KG!

Postby Chivalry on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:06 am

kginla2006 wrote:Thought I'd let you guys know I saw kg tongiht at the coutnrywide tennis tourny at ucla. I waited outside the courts for him for awhile, wearing a Lakers t shirt, once the Blake match was done. And there he was as he passed right by me and almost no one noticed. I yelled to Kg come to la come to la man come on. he didnt answer. then some woman next to me yells "kg ya minnnnnnesottta". He looks backa t her and says "ya, thats what up!" i=i was definitely pissed so i tracked him down about 5 minutes later with barely anyone around him. I say from about 2 feet away, come on kg come to the lakers man we need you, we love you man. NO ANSWER! He barely acknowledged me and so as he's walking to his car i say think about it man think about it! and there it is my KG encounter. He's still a great guy though EVEN though it appears he doesnt want to leave minni. dont believe me? heres a pic i took of him walking by me

EDIT: Thank you Massacre for the photo help

Actually, he sounds like a jerk.

So he acknowledges the woman who shouts out 'Minnesota' but ignores the fan from LA showing him some love (while he's in LA). He doesn't need to say anything about LA, but at least a polite "Hey, how ya doing" wouldn't hurt. Or he could just say nothing to no one -- at least that's fair.
Chivalry

Postby popo on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:57 am

you shoulda shouted at the woman to get the hell out of la with her screamin minnesota,like im sure its nice to like in a dump like that, hopefully he wanted 2 keep things quite otherwise he sounds like an a##hole by not responding to you.
popo

Postby oneofthesedays on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:51 am

I think people are frustrated with Garnett because he just doesn't seem to have an opinion about this whole trade issue. Everything we know from him has been relayed through his agent. If he would just go out and say, "I want to stay and Minnesota and help our team out" or something along those lines people would stop bugging him. But he remains very quiet and spends a lot of his free time down here in LA, which further increases speculation. IMHO, if he wants to stay in Minny let him. He has shown more than enough loyalty to that franchise and if he is OK with the fact that he will never win a championship while there then lets just let it be.
oneofthesedays

Postby LVLAKERFAN on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:55 am

He probably thought you were one of the guys that made the Kobe parking lot video.

That would have been sweet if someone got him on tape saying "Lurch asked me how good I think Randy Foye will be in 5 years from now".

:mhihi:
"Baron Davis is a good friend of mine, Carlos Boozer is a good friend of mine, Ron Artest is someone I've known since I was a kid … those are guys we could've gotten," Bryant said. "For whatever reason, it didn't happen."
LVLAKERFAN

Postby MadMax on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:56 am

Abnormal wrote:
The Nugget wrote:Your famous now. Go tell your parents...

http://getgarnett.com/blog/?p=572

:man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I would of talked some major garbage to the chick who was giving him a minnesota shout out.
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Re: SAW KG!

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:44 am

Chivalry wrote:
kginla2006 wrote:Thought I'd let you guys know I saw kg tongiht at the coutnrywide tennis tourny at ucla. I waited outside the courts for him for awhile, wearing a Lakers t shirt, once the Blake match was done. And there he was as he passed right by me and almost no one noticed. I yelled to Kg come to la come to la man come on. he didnt answer. then some woman next to me yells "kg ya minnnnnnesottta". He looks backa t her and says "ya, thats what up!" i=i was definitely pissed so i tracked him down about 5 minutes later with barely anyone around him. I say from about 2 feet away, come on kg come to the lakers man we need you, we love you man. NO ANSWER! He barely acknowledged me and so as he's walking to his car i say think about it man think about it! and there it is my KG encounter. He's still a great guy though EVEN though it appears he doesnt want to leave minni. dont believe me? heres a pic i took of him walking by me

EDIT: Thank you Massacre for the photo help

Actually, he sounds like a jerk.

So he acknowledges the woman who shouts out 'Minnesota' but ignores the fan from LA showing him some love (while he's in LA). He doesn't need to say anything about LA, but at least a polite "Hey, how ya doing" wouldn't hurt. Or he could just say nothing to no one -- at least that's fair.

Especially since the "Kobe Video" fiasco, you can't blame him for being guarded.
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby badboyhoward on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:34 pm

that picture doesn't look like him.
badboyhoward

Postby KB24 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:35 pm

KG`s brain is frozen from all the cold in Minny. But whatever, he is a loser for life.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby L4L on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:36 pm

It looks exactly like KG. You are guys are trippppin'.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:50 pm

Mark McNamara wrote:We weren't gonna get him anyway.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

"Kevin GarNOT!"

Some people just need to move on.
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Postby L4L on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:53 pm

LkrsOvrMia wrote:

"Kevin GarNOT!"

I hope you aren't saying you wouldn't want KG.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LkrsOvrMia on Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm

L4L wrote:
LkrsOvrMia wrote:

"Kevin GarNOT!"

I hope you aren't saying you wouldn't want KG.

Oh Lord...

Not what I am saying.
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."
LkrsOvrMia

Location: "Sittin' on top of the world with my legs hanging free." -Dave Matthews

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion