SAW KG!

SAW KG!

Postby kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Thought I'd let you guys know I saw kg tongiht at the coutnrywide tennis tourny at ucla. I waited outside the courts for him for awhile, wearing a Lakers t shirt, once the Blake match was done. And there he was as he passed right by me and almost no one noticed. I yelled to Kg come to la come to la man come on. he didnt answer. then some woman next to me yells "kg ya minnnnnnesottta". He looks backa t her and says "ya, thats what up!" i=i was definitely pissed so i tracked him down about 5 minutes later with barely anyone around him. I say from about 2 feet away, come on kg come to the lakers man we need you, we love you man. NO ANSWER! He barely acknowledged me and so as he's walking to his car i say think about it man think about it! and there it is my KG encounter. He's still a great guy though EVEN though it appears he doesnt want to leave minni. dont believe me? heres a pic i took of him walking by me

EDIT: Thank you Massacre for the photo help
Last edited by kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kginla2006

Postby Dee_J on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:15 pm

He's not gonna say anything related to the Lakers or what ever team he knows is courting him.
--- [ ☼ Knowledge comes from people Stupidity comes from Mitch Kupchak ☼ ] ---

Image Image
Dee_J

Postby The Maverick on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:16 pm

You probably made him not want to go to LA.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby JuanoLAL on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Good to hear from some people with actual encounters or knowledge from KG himself, thanks. This information isn't appeasing one bit. Although I don't see why any NBA player would openly acknowledge and discuss a potential trade with a stranger, I also don't see the player acknowledging one person (Minny fan) and not the other (Laker fan). So it kinda stinks, and it really doesn't seem like he favors or even wants to come to LA, if he did he'd show more enthusiasm for LA and less for Minny, wouldn't he? From this, I strongly doubt he comes to LA. I know I'm making a generalization, but after reading what happened on the jumbotron and now this, either he has way too much class and dedication to the T'Wolves or he just seriously doesn't care about being traded as much as we think or hope he does.

:man11:
JuanoLAL

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 pm

he probally doesnt want to come to LA bc he's tired of crazy fans hunting him down just to beg him to come to the Lakers.
westcoast21

Postby kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 pm

nah hes a nice guy during the Blake match people were shouting come to LA kg! i mean ya im sure it probably annoys him but it was my one chance to tell him how badly i wanted to see him alongside kb24 and in the purple and gold that i had to do it
Last edited by kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kginla2006

Postby JuanoLAL on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:19 pm

Legend In The Making wrote:You probably made him not want to go to LA.

Why would knowing that some fan wants you in another city make you NOT want to go somewhere? If I were a player, and a fan told me they wanted me in their hometown, I wouldn't necessarily pack my bags and want to go there, but I wouldn't be turned off by the idea and not want to go.
JuanoLAL

Postby The Maverick on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:20 pm

JuanyO wrote:

Why would knowing that some fan wants you in another city make you NOT want to go somewhere? If I were a player, and a fan told me they wanted me in their hometown, I wouldn't necessarily pack my bags and want to go there, but I wouldn't be turned off by the idea and not want to go.

I'm joking.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby Kob3eight on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:21 pm

I can't understand why people have to approach celebrities and bother them.

Whenever I see a celeb I always leave them alone and respect their time for themselves.

Guess its just me.
Song Currently Playing
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby Mark McNamara on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:21 pm

We weren't gonna get him anyway.
Mark McNamara

Postby Dee_J on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:21 pm

westcoast21 wrote:he probally doesnt want to come to LA bc he's tired of crazy fans hunting him down just to beg him to come to the Lakers.

We need to hunt him down and than tie him up.
--- [ ☼ Knowledge comes from people Stupidity comes from Mitch Kupchak ☼ ] ---

Image Image
Dee_J

Re: SAW KG!

Postby Unphony Phranchise on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:23 pm

kginla2006 wrote:Thought I'd let you guys know I saw kg tongiht at the coutnrywide tennis tourny at ucla. I waited outside the courts for him for awhile, wearing a Lakers t shirt, once the Blake match was done. And there he was as he passed right by me and almost no one noticed. I yelled to Kg come to la come to la man come on. he didnt answer. then some woman next to me yells "kg ya minnnnnnesottta". He looks backa t her and says "ya, thats what up!" i=i was definitely pissed so i tracked him down about 5 minutes later with barely anyone around him. I say from about 2 feet away, come on kg come to the lakers man we need you, we love you man. NO ANSWER! He barely acknowledged me and so as he's walking to his car i say think about it man think about it! and there it is my KG encounter. He's still a great guy though EVEN though it appears he doesnt want to leave minni. dont believe me? heres a pic i took of him walking by me

EDIT: Anyone able to show me how to embed the pic in the post? thanks

That was awesome of you dude. :jam2: Perfect!!
:bspn: :soap:
Unphony Phranchise

Postby JuanoLAL on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Legend In The Making wrote:
JuanyO wrote:

I'm joking.

Thought so. But since westcoast had similar feelings, I wasn't too sure.
JuanoLAL

Postby kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Kob3eight wrote:I can't understand why people have to approach celebrities and bother them.

Whenever I see a celeb I always leave them alone and respect their time for themselves.

Guess its just me.

I live in LA, i see celebs all the time and leave them alone its really no big deal. My lone exceptions are Kobe, Ronny and KG. I had to go up to him.
kginla2006

Postby gdchild on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 pm

Wow, a stalker. :man4:
gdchild

Postby kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Unphony Phranchise wrote:
kginla2006 wrote:Thought I'd let you guys know I saw kg tongiht at the coutnrywide tennis tourny at ucla. I waited outside the courts for him for awhile, wearing a Lakers t shirt, once the Blake match was done. And there he was as he passed right by me and almost no one noticed. I yelled to Kg come to la come to la man come on. he didnt answer. then some woman next to me yells "kg ya minnnnnnesottta". He looks backa t her and says "ya, thats what up!" i=i was definitely pissed so i tracked him down about 5 minutes later with barely anyone around him. I say from about 2 feet away, come on kg come to the lakers man we need you, we love you man. NO ANSWER! He barely acknowledged me and so as he's walking to his car i say think about it man think about it! and there it is my KG encounter. He's still a great guy though EVEN though it appears he doesnt want to leave minni. dont believe me? heres a pic i took of him walking by me

That was awesome of you dude. :jam2: Perfect!!

thank you man i really appreciate it. i waited a really long time to see him but it was worth it and it was awesome cuz i had the lakers shirt on.
kginla2006

Postby JuanoLAL on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Maybe put it in the KG thread.

May I ask, why does Garnett keep appearing at UCLA for these random games (is there a reason, or just because he's here and those are his interests)?
JuanoLAL

Postby westcoast21 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:27 pm

kginla2006 wrote:
Kob3eight wrote:I can't understand why people have to approach celebrities and bother them.

Guess its just me.

I live in LA, i see celebs all the time and leave them alone its really no big deal. My lone exceptions are Kobe, Ronny and KG. I had to go up to him.

ok its one thing to go up to them and ask them for a autograph or to say whats up. but in your case you said some thing to him, he ignored you, which clearly means he doesnt want to hear about the Lakers or he doesnt want to be bothered. But someone says something, and they get a response, so you decide to hunt down KG just to beg him to come to LA.
westcoast21

Postby Kob3eight on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:28 pm

JuanyO wrote:Maybe put it in the KG thread.

May I ask, why does Garnett keep appearing at UCLA for these random games (is there a reason, or just because he's here and those are his interests)?
Probably owns house in Malibu and works out at UCLA. A lot of NBA players go to UCLA to play during the summer. Its not a big deal.
Song Currently Playing
Kob3eight
Resident Monkey

Postby TEAMLakers on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:29 pm

That picture doesn't even look like KG...

Are u sure you weren't harassing some random dude?
TEAMLakers

Postby kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:32 pm

TEAMLakers wrote:That picture doesn't even look like KG...

hahahaha. i know the quality is bad it was him i promise. i wasnt stalking him i guess its hard to convey. i just happened to find him walking again so i went up to him because beforehand there had been more people and maybe didnt hear me, wasnt absolutely positive.
kginla2006

Postby Frank The Tank on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:36 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10279753@N04/856396261

Now at least people can see the pic
Frank The Tank

Postby JuanoLAL on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:39 pm

Kob3eight wrote:

Probably owns house in Malibu and works out at UCLA. A lot of NBA players go to UCLA to play during the summer. Its not a big deal.

Yeah, but a womans tennis game?
JuanoLAL

Postby JuanoLAL on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:40 pm

kginla2006 wrote:
TEAMLakers wrote:That picture doesn't even look like KG...

hahahaha. i know the quality is bad it was him i promise. i wasnt stalking him i guess its hard to convey. i just happened to find him walking again so i went up to him because beforehand there had been more people and maybe didnt hear me, wasnt absolutely positive.

It's definitely him.
JuanoLAL

Postby kginla2006 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:51 pm

JuanyO wrote:
Kob3eight wrote:

Yeah, but a womans tennis game?

it was mens, James blake is his good friend. kg was so funny when he cheered, it was great because he was so into the match, etc.
kginla2006

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion