Say What???????

Say What???????

Postby JJigga3000 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:41 pm

I've heard some lofty comparisons but this right here has to take the cake. This guy should be the poster child of why you don't drink and write at the same time. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/step-aside-kobe-bryant-houston-rockets-james-harden-180400781.html If the guy has said Harden is better than Dwade I would still be what you talking about Willis.
JJigga3000

Re: Say What???????

Postby trodgers on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:45 pm

The comments are comedy gold.

This is the worst article ive ever read in my entire life. IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. It's just completely ridiculous. I honestly don't know where to start.

how is this allowed on Yahoo? This is an embarrassment for all contributing writers on this site. total garbage

And some are nastier.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:01 pm

What is required to actually write a sports article on Yahoo? Apparently, merely having a pulse is sufficient.

Kobe will be better than james harden until the day kobe retires. This writer of this garbage needs to be SHOT in the face. Yahoo you suck for even letting this idiot write this stuff.

So now Yahoo is posting fan fiction? What's M. De Moor's next article going to be about, how Yao Ming is better than Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

This is a funny article.

Upon reading this GARBAGE I am going to stop using yahoo sports for my sports udpates....who's with me?????

ahahaha, james harden? whos he? is he famous?

For the record I got to paragraph 3 before I laughed too hard to keep reading.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 pm

"M. De Moor is an NBA junkie and a graduate of Montclair State University. He has followed the Rockets from the championship days of Hakeem Olajuwon, to the years of Francis and Mobley, to the McGrady and Yao era, and will continue to follow them through Harden and Dwight's reign of destruction."

That about says it all - a Rocket homer. The best SG in the game today, IMO, is still Kobe. The only thing Harden has on him are younger legs and the ability to throw himself into people ala Wade to draw fouls. Bryant is still head and shoulders above him in every other department - footwork, short/mid/long range game, post-ups, you name it...

I don't know what Harden's MPG were last year, but I'd be willing to guess that it's very close to 40 to get 26/6/5 he achieved last year. Good luck getting that with Howard demanding touches now.

Edit: I remember reading an article where Kobe? or someone else that interviewed him mentioned that his game was fully complete at the age of 23 (Harden's current age) and that the only thing left for Bryant to do was to just hone each skill and improve upon every area. Harden is nowhere near a complete player, IMO.
Last edited by charvin on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charvin

Postby abeer3 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm

get ready to read a lot of this next season. harden's the nba's new dwade foul-drawing poster child.
abeer3

Postby escobar8 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:14 pm

EPIC FAIL...just to much ignorant hate to kobe and lakers...
escobar8

Postby Juronimo on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:23 pm

JJigga3000 wrote:I've heard some lofty comparisons but this right here has to take the cake. This guy should be the poster child of why you don't drink and write at the same time. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/step-aside-kobe-bryant-houston-rockets-james-harden-180400781.html If the guy has said Harden is better than Dwade I would still be what you talking about Willis.

I don't know, I'd take Harden over Wade now considering how beat up Wade is getting and that his athleticism is declining.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby BDG on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Note that it's a Yahoo Contributor Network article ... AKA writers without jobs or random fans can write these as long as Yahoo approves it. Insanely dumb.

Yahoo used to be really good but is beyond horrible now ... perhaps worse than ESPN. Woj is probably their only good writer. All the BDL stuff is garbage.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Waiting on a chopped and screwed version by Slim Thug....
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Dude, look at his past articles. Every one of them is a Houston Rockets article. I like Harden, and Harden may very well pass Kobe in the next year or two simply because Kobe is coming off a bad injury and he's 35. If Harden doesn't pass Kobe in the next few years it'd be a disappointment. But at this point, Kobe is still better until proven otherwise.

(When I say pass, I'm not talking career. I'm talking at that given moment in the future and only at that moment.)
Savory Griddles

Postby 100%effort on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm not surprised by this article. For a long time the media and recently even some Laker fans have been trying to push Kobe out of the picture. It's inevitable that some one will take his place in the game today, but that day hasn't come yet.
100%effort

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:48 am

I read it and laughed and threw up in my mouth at the same time.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Kobe's team had a higher seed, Kobe averaged better numbers, Kobe came up bigger when it counted (including against the Rockets with the 7th seed on the line) Kobe has 5 rings and 7 finals appearances. Kobe's team last season was WAY more injured, and WAY less deep than the Rockets. No comparison right now...if ever.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby JJigga3000 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:50 pm

No need to argue any points we know Kobe's a better player. I was just amazed by the fact that Yahoo, even posted this article.
JJigga3000

Postby Phil XI on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:41 pm

I hope to see articles like this all season. Ramp that pressure up! I cannot wait until the pressure is so high the inevitable first round exit for this Rockets team, like the Nuggets and Clips this year, gives me a big smile. Happens every year. Keep turning up the heat writers.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby kobe_mamba on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:I read it and laughed and threw up in my mouth at the same time.

me too
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby kobe_mamba on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:53 pm

JJigga3000 wrote:No need to argue any points we know Kobe's a better player. I was just amazed by the fact that Yahoo, even posted this article.

agreed
kobe_mamba

Postby kobe_mamba on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Phil XI wrote:I hope to see articles like this all season. Ramp that pressure up! I cannot wait until the pressure is so high the inevitable first round exit for this Rockets team, like the Nuggets and Clips this year, gives me a big smile. Happens every year. Keep turning up the heat writers.

K-Dog24 lives for the pressure..... :jam2:
kobe_mamba

Postby trodgers on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 am

Yahoo! contributor articles can be ridiculous. I reported one on the Phillies team site a few months back that kept using "gay" and "b****" (female dog) - in an article...attacking fans...of the Phillies.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:41 am

JJigga3000 wrote:I've heard some lofty comparisons but this right here has to take the cake. This guy should be the poster child of why you don't drink and write at the same time. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/step-aside-kobe-bryant-houston-rockets-james-harden-180400781.html If the guy has said Harden is better than Dwade I would still be what you talking about Willis.

Welcome to the "post-truth" age.

Apparently, it extends beyond the reporting of world events to sports.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Return to Lakers Discussion