Sessions on why he left LA

Re: Sessions on why he left LA

Postby therealdeal on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 am

^ Because if the IT guy at SavMart doesn't get famous. The best IT guy working for Google does.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Juronimo wrote:If you have a job at a company making $50K and a competitor calls you up and offers you $75K would you take it? Most would.

Why would it be any different just because these guys make millions? On top of that they have a short window to get their money.

I would love to have Sessions as a back up point guard but I completely understand his decision and it's the same decision most would make.

It's somewhat similar to what Joe Johnson did almost 10 years ago. He chose to be the best player on a then bad team instead of being one of the players on a good team. Of course, this wasn't the reason, but rather it was the big contract Atlanta was willing to give up.

I understand the money concern, but is 2 years really "long-term" security especially if you've bounced around as much NBA teams as the amount of years you've played?
charvin

Postby revgen on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Keep in mind that Mike Brown didn't exactly use him the right way last season either. I don't think that would have been a problem with the Princeton offense and Eddie Jordan, but that also probably played a factor in Ramon leaving.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby dj vitus on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 pm

You have to remember, Sessions got benched in favor of Blake in big games because he couldn't play a lick of defense. He may have had to split backup minutes with Blake if he signed here, else we'd have no defense at point.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby charvin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:58 pm

At this point, I don't think Mike Brown is using anyone the right way. It's been the first time I've paid attention to pre-season and I'm sorta freaking out at all the double digit losses and time management of the starters. Not really comfortable seeing Gasol and company play close to 30 minutes when it's only been the second and third game.
charvin

Postby Weezy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't blame him for leaving anymore, it probably was the best thing for him. He saw us looking elsewhere for a starting PG, and he knew coach Brown and his nonsensical bench lineups and substitutions. He probably figured if he was a bench PG here he might end up playing 20 minutes a game for a week, then not play at all for a month, just because Brown started outsmarting himself or got bored.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:04 pm

His overall goal was just to crack the starting line-up again, unfortunately it was short lived.
charvin

Postby lotus on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:23 pm

432J wrote:its simple, he just couldnt handle the pressure of playing for the lakers

so he signed with the worst team in the league where there is no pressure whatsoever

And where he'll receive an additional $5.5MM. Yea, too bad he lacked the confidence to stay with the Lakers.
lotus

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:56 pm

he couldnt handle the pressure because Brown didn't know how to use him

well, at least he got his money and doesnt have to worry about playoff pressure anymore
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby ben_ready on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm

noobiew wrote:He screwed it up, everyone know that Session first preference was always wanted to stay with the Lakers, his plan was to opt out trying to get a more lucrative, secured a long-term contact with the Lakers (aka similar contact like Blake got from the Lakers - 4 yrs 16 million), he was never wanted to leave the Lakers, he just wanted to lock in a new deal.

Think about it, no one was really thought that we had a realistic shot trade for Nash, Ramon thought that he would be the best available PG out there in the free agency and Lakers need a PG badly, so he was so confident to opt put. But in the end we successfully traded for Nash which shocked everyone, this included Ramon Sessions.

I never blame Ramon intention and understand why he do this but Mitch is the real BOSS !

Perfect, it was a power play for more doe but Mitch won! Plus to me he's more like a great back up guard and we actually needed him more in that role especially now yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:05 pm

^Freak the doe, man.
Frank Dux

Postby charvin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Hope it pans out for him.
charvin

Postby Congo Cash on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Juronimo wrote:If you have a job at a company making $50K and a competitor calls you up and offers you $75K would you take it? Most would.

Why would it be any different just because these guys make millions? On top of that they have a short window to get their money.

I would love to have Sessions as a back up point guard but I completely understand his decision and it's the same decision most would make.

Yeah, I like winning too but it won't feed me or pay my bills...

If it was like a mere 1 mil difference sure, but it's 10 mil vs. less than 5 mil... Besides after his horrendous PO performance he has to go to the highest bidder... I mean guys like him are dime a dozen and a perennial backup...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby ramsay13 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm

even if he had won a championship it really wouldnt matter since basketball players are only figure by how much money they make and if they are the franchise player(s) n not some back up player.
ramsay13

Postby dj vitus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 am

Congo Cash wrote:

Yeah, I like winning too but it won't feed me or pay my bills...

If it was like a mere 1 mil difference sure, but it's 10 mil vs. less than 5 mil... Besides after his horrendous PO performance he has to go to the highest bidder... I mean guys like him are dime a dozen and a perennial backup...

Yeah, $10M, that's already a lifetime of comfort at the ripe old age of 26.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby abeer3 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 am

obviously, nash makes us forget all about sessions, but i liked him during his short time here. i think his pants-wetting playoff performance is somewhat forgivable, given the circumstances, and i think he could have been a solid player with this year's team had the lakers not hit the lotto with nash.
abeer3

Postby charvin on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 pm

We would never know if it was a 1 mil difference. Can't compare 2 years/$10 mil to 1 year/$4.5 mil. For all we know, if he played a great year, he would get the equivalence of Blake's contract or better.
charvin

Postby soondolee on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm

it is all BROWN's FALLLL!!!!! :man1:
soondolee

Postby lotus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 pm

charvin wrote:We would never know if it was a 1 mil difference. Can't compare 2 years/$10 mil to 1 year/$4.5 mil. For all we know, if he played a great year, he would get the equivalence of Blake's contract or better.

And for all we know, if he didn't play well, or got lost in coach brown's wacky substitutions, he could be an unsigned free agent at the end of the year.

So you can compare the $10 million option against the $4.5 million option because the 2nd year for one could be vastly different from the 2nd year of the other.
lotus

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion