Shannon brown......

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:11 pm

therealdeal wrote:Nash/Farmar
Bryant/Brown
Young/Johnson
Williams/Hill/Johnson
Gasol/Kaman/Hill

there's your rotation and I'm cool with it.


I'm not cool with it :mhihi: Henry has earned a spot in the rotation, even over Brown if he just comes in. Henry plays really well with the bench, I see more potential and more defense from him than Shannon.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Weezy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Nash/Farmar
Bryant/Brown
Young/Johnson
Williams/Hill/Johnson
Gasol/Kaman/Hill

there's your rotation and I'm cool with it.


I'm not cool with it :mhihi: Henry has earned a spot in the rotation, even over Brown if he just comes in. Henry plays really well with the bench, I see more potential and more defense from him than Shannon.

I meant to have Henry behind Johnson since Johnson gets his minutes at the 4 anyway.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Ah, yes then I am cool with it. All we're doing is replacing Meeks with Shannon, I like that.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:47 pm

therealdeal wrote:Nash/Farmar
Bryant/Brown
Young/Johnson/Henry
Williams/Hill/Johnson
Gasol/Kaman/Hill

there's your rotation and I'm cool with it.

Like it or not MDA and for good reason loves Blake's game way too much to have him out of the rotation completely and honestly I would rather we play Blake then Brown. Blake has never played better for the Lakers until MDA became our coach. Yes, Brown is more athletic and may be a bigger body to be more of a factor on defense but Blake works hard on D and the effort is always there.

Also, like it or not I don't see Wesley Johnson playing much SF to begin the year because MDA has liked what he's seen from him in the last 2 pre-season games.

Its sure flexible now that Kobe is out but When Kobe comes back this is what I expect MDA to do for a rotation:

Nash/Farmar/Blake
Kobe/Blake/Meeks (hardly any min.)
Young/Henry
Williams/Johnson/Hill
Gasol/Kaman/Hill
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11666
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:07 pm

I mean obviously there's room for Blake too... I just would rather not play him. A dynamic lineup off the bench should be what we aim for and I think Shannon gives us that more than Blake.

Farmar/Brown/Henry/Johnson/Hill

Doesn't get much more explosive than that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:09 pm

There is going to be room for everybody. Nobody knows when Kobe is coming back, Nash is for sure not playing 82 games, hell he probably won't even play 65. Blake has been injury prone every since he got here.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:Nash/Farmar
Bryant/Brown
Young/Johnson/Henry
Williams/Hill/Johnson
Gasol/Kaman/Hill

there's your rotation and I'm cool with it.

I think you're off a bit.. Johnson will see more time at the 4 than 3 & Young or Henry should be getting the backup SG minutes over Shannon.. Also D'antoni is in love with Blake I don't see him being completely dropped from the rotation.. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the backup SG minutes over Shannon/Henry. I kinda like the situation we're in at PF.. With the ability to play Williams/Johnson/Pau at PF I think we'll see Hill getting more minutes at C or just getting less minutes. We're 3 deep at all 5 positions with alot of players that can play out of position in a system that invites that. I hope we bring Shannon back & dump Meeks & Blake along with Hill for a starting PG or PF. I love Hill but after last season I'm done betting on injury prone players & I know D'antoni will only play him when he has to.
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2526
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Shannon salary for this season : 3.5 M ... I doubt LA would go deeper in the tax for another rotation player ... if it happens look for Blake/Hill to be traded at the deadline .

As I said in the locked thread , Admundson would make more sense for us
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:59 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Shannon salary for this season : 3.5 M ... I doubt LA would go deeper in the tax for another rotation player ... if it happens look for Blake/Hill to be traded at the deadline .

As I said in the locked thread , Admundson would make more sense for us


But if he clears waivers and is a free agent, we don't pay him 3.5 mil, we pay him the minimum or he can find another team.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby walah123 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:20 am

No to shan wow.
walah123

 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby therealdeal on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Weezy wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Shannon salary for this season : 3.5 M ... I doubt LA would go deeper in the tax for another rotation player ... if it happens look for Blake/Hill to be traded at the deadline .

As I said in the locked thread , Admundson would make more sense for us


But if he clears waivers and is a free agent, we don't pay him 3.5 mil, we pay him the minimum or he can find another team.

exactly once he clears waivers, the salary the Lakers are responsible for is the minimum salary they sign him to.

The Wizards are the ones responsible for his 3.5 million.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby DarkHadou10 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:15 pm

any new word? come back shannon! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
DarkHadou10

 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:54 pm

i think it would be a smart move. basically bc we dont know when kobe is coming back and he'll prob play a lot of SF. Nash is going to be in and out all season. Relying on Meeks who is only a shooter isnt all that smart and Blake is a good shooter but having that athleticism at the 2 makes a lot of sense if Young is playing 3 more.

It would be a smart move at the right price and we all know he'd want to come back. Kobe and him have a great relationship and he's already played with Farmar in the 2nd unit. Id love to have him back and at least we'd know a fast break by our backup 2 is going to end really really well.

Basically would be a solid player when Nash/Blake miss time. we'll have enough guards to rotate and come in and do damage if some guys are injured
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Damian Necronamous on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Steve Nash...Jordan Farmar...Steve Blake
Shannon Brown...Xavier Henry
Nick Young...Wesley Johnson
Jordan Hill...Shawne Williams
Pau Gasol...Chris Kaman

Cut or trade Meeks for scraps and sign me up for that 11-man rotation until Kobe comes back. They've got some speed and athleticism and should be able to play some D.
Damian Necronamous

 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:35 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 am

Nice but I'd rather start Williams over Hill ^^^
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Frankly, I'm ambivalent about this. Meeks frustrates me, and so did Shannon Brown. They are almost interchangeable for me in terms of how disappointed I was in each of them at the same position. The main reason I would be opposed to Brown coming here, besides the fact that he just isn't very good, is that it may take PT and development away from Henry who I think is a superior player to each of them. Henry's got a future. I don't think Meeks or Brown does.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15218
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Lakerjones wrote:Frankly, I'm ambivalent about this. Meeks frustrates me, and so did Shannon Brown. They are almost interchangeable for me in terms of how disappointed I was in each of them at the same position. The main reason I would be opposed to Brown coming here, besides the fact that he just isn't very good, is that it may take PT and development away from Henry who I think is a superior player to each of them. Henry's got a future. I don't think Meeks or Brown does.


Well said..... and, IMHO.... exactly right.

Brown is what he will ever be. As his athleticism declines he becomes basically worthless. Not a fan of what he brings besides athleticism. Meeks is a shooter only who can't shoot most of the time.

Give me more Henry as he still has a shot to become more than he currently is.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22922
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Barnstable on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:43 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Frankly, I'm ambivalent about this. Meeks frustrates me, and so did Shannon Brown. They are almost interchangeable for me in terms of how disappointed I was in each of them at the same position. The main reason I would be opposed to Brown coming here, besides the fact that he just isn't very good, is that it may take PT and development away from Henry who I think is a superior player to each of them. Henry's got a future. I don't think Meeks or Brown does.


Well said..... and, IMHO.... exactly right.

Brown is what he will ever be. As his athleticism declines he becomes basically worthless. Not a fan of what he brings besides athleticism. Meeks is a shooter only who can't shoot most of the time.

Give me more Henry as he still has a shot to become more than he currently is.


The only thing that intrigues me about Brown over Meeks is how Brown might play in Pringles's system here. Brown is much more suited for the up and down style, and I think he would mesh better with this second unit, so at least there's some potential there where Meeks is a waste of space.

And unless they're running Henry at the 2, how is it going to give you more Henry by not signing Brown? Henry's listed at SG, but he's bigger than Nick Young or Kobe. Run him at the 3 and you're good.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14329
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 8m
Wizards release guards Shannon Brown, Malcolm Lee and Kendall Marshall.
Expand


And now we wait two days for a decision where he is going to go.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:11 pm

I expect Meeks to shoot every time he touches the ball in the opener with Shanwow picking a team in a couple days..
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2526
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Scnottaken on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Basically the only reason I'd want Shannon back is because frankly, I'm tired of watching Meeks fail so terribly at everything. He can't shoot for a shooter, and he's a worse finisher than Fisher.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:18 pm

it just makes more and more sense the more i picture meeks. i like meeks but shannon can shoot wide open 3's just as well and can actually finish a fast break. penetration with opponents fearing a posterizer is always nice. id welcome him back and play meeks in garbage time or in like a mike miller role random games or if were injured.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:56 pm

^ There's not room for both.

Not unless Henry, Kelly, or Harris don't make the team and I'd rather have the three of them then Shannon. And even without them, Shannon gives us a redundant SG.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Barnstable wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Frankly, I'm ambivalent about this. Meeks frustrates me, and so did Shannon Brown. They are almost interchangeable for me in terms of how disappointed I was in each of them at the same position. The main reason I would be opposed to Brown coming here, besides the fact that he just isn't very good, is that it may take PT and development away from Henry who I think is a superior player to each of them. Henry's got a future. I don't think Meeks or Brown does.


Well said..... and, IMHO.... exactly right.

Brown is what he will ever be. As his athleticism declines he becomes basically worthless. Not a fan of what he brings besides athleticism. Meeks is a shooter only who can't shoot most of the time.

Give me more Henry as he still has a shot to become more than he currently is.


The only thing that intrigues me about Brown over Meeks is how Brown might play in Pringles's system here. Brown is much more suited for the up and down style, and I think he would mesh better with this second unit, so at least there's some potential there where Meeks is a waste of space.

And unless they're running Henry at the 2, how is it going to give you more Henry by not signing Brown? Henry's listed at SG, but he's bigger than Nick Young or Kobe. Run him at the 3 and you're good.


At his position wouldn't he be setting up at the 3 point line in tradition under MDA? His system isn't predicated on tradition for layups rather early 3 point looks. At least that is what I remember fram the PHX days. With Nash in the game the break was never about going to the basket....it was tradition 3's. With Barbosa it was more of a traditional fast breaking group.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22922
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Shannon brown......

Postby BadCoaching on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:15 pm

I wouldn't feel too bad about him rejoining.. familiar face and the rest are comfortable with him.

I haven't been able to watch the preseason so I don't know if I'd still say that after seeing the new guy(s) play.
User avatar
BadCoaching

 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.