Shaq's Comment With Duncan Being the MVP

Shaq's Comment With Duncan Being the MVP

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 05, 2003 6:40 am

Duncan would have been in my top three, my top two. But I would have just voted for Kobe. What those guys do, what they bring to the game, Kobe did it for a whole month."

"It (Duncan's victory) doesn't bother me at all," O'Neal said. "I just don't know what you guys look for at all. When I was coming up, I used to know what you guys wanted. But now I don't know what you guys look for."

http://www2.ocregister.com/ocrweb/ocr/article.do?id=37789§ion=SPORTS&subsection=PRO&year=2003&month=5&day=5
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Mon May 05, 2003 7:17 am

i love how shaq always keeps it real with the media. i feel the same confusion as to what the nba looks for too.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers4Ever on Mon May 05, 2003 9:12 am

It will always be a mystery as to how Tim Duncan "earned" the MVP award this year. I am totally confused right now... Kobe, T-Mac, or KG deserved it waaaay more than Duncan. :man3:
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon May 05, 2003 1:58 pm

If I was Duncan I would turned down that award and just gave it to Kobe, to get in the good side of the Big Fella and Kobe!!!

Its not to late yet, Timmy!!

But chances are that this loser will not do it, and will just get crushed by both Kobe and Shaq.

Pay back is a b*tch!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 05, 2003 3:58 pm

Well think about it guys, every year people talk about Shaq this, Shaq that, yet when it comes time to vote no one ever votes for him.

Who cares if Duncan got the award, im glad he got it, if you don't think were going to see some flawless Laker execution in this series, you got another thing coming, the Lakers are fired up now... Motivation & Inspiration... Don't sweat it guys, well just see Shaq "spank" Duncan again :man12:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Mon May 05, 2003 4:16 pm

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 05, 2003 4:54 pm

Tim had another great season, but he didn't really elevate his game from what I saw. He was almost identical this season to last season, so unless they give people MVPs for improved FT% (which should have given it to Shaq) I can't see why KG or Kobe (or T-Mac) should have lost this award. Tim deserved high consideration every year, but a little variety would be nice. If Tim was winning rings every year, then I could understand but this just baffles me a little bit! I respect Tim's great game, and he probably deserved the award last year, but I don't know if he should be getting Michael Jordan type consideration this early in his career. We need to spread the MVP award around and be fair with the considerations. I say they should release a set of standards by which the voters MUST abide, then we can know the criteria from which they are basing their selections.
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 05, 2003 5:52 pm

I just dont understand how Duncan got like 60 something 1st place votes and KG got like 30 something 1st place votes and Kobe got like 6 or some number in the single digits... Wussup wit that???? That's BS I'm tellin u!! TMac got like 2 or 3 1st place votes, I really dont remember who got what cuz I saw it durin the games on Sunday... Dayam that's dirty.... :bang:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion