Shaq Is Headed To Court, update on his conditioning.

Shaq Is Headed To Court, update on his conditioning.

Postby OG on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:16 pm

Yes you heard right, Shaq is being sued for aledgedly not fullfilling his contract obligations with a collectables and merchandising company called "dream". I saw this on about a 15 minute segment on my local news station:

He was said to have agreed to sign thousands of collectables and merchandizing products but it turned out he never realy did. According to the company pending the law suite against Shaquille O'Neil, " The time he (Shaq) did put aside for signing the stuff, was limited and rushed. He would rush through the signing prosess, making his signatures look sloppy and unauthentic. But the masses of the products and collectables he promised to sign, were never signed. So the obligations and agreements he was bound to by the terms of the contract, were never fullfilled.". The company also stated Shaq wanted them to provide transpertation for him in the form of a private jet that would add up to $25 million in expences and cost. The origanal agreement in the contract was for the company to provide him with 1st class tickets for transpertaion, not a private jet.

The Judge in this case has agreed to to have the case heard, but moved to a higher court.

I dont know what to think about this case other than i dont see why it would be such a problem to sit through and sign collectables and merchandise so millions of buyers can be happy. I also dont see why he thinks he needs a private jet for transpertation, mabie he is afraid of terrorism?

On a side note, they showed some recent footage of Shaq in the gym and working out somewhere in Orlando, and man he must have already dropped 25 pounds. He was looking actualy very lean and cutt, probably the best shape he's been in for atleast 3 years. He looked rested, refreshed, and almost unrecognizably learner compared to 6 months ago.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:19 pm

On a side note, they showed some recent footage of Shaq in the gym and working out somewhere in Orlando, and man he must have already dropped 25 pounds. He was looking actualy very lean and cutt, probably the best shape he's been in for atleast 3 years. He looked rested, refreshed, and almost unrecognizably learner compared to 6 months ago.

Wow, that's real, real good news. I'm telling you guys, just the difference of Shaq being in shape will win us another championship. He's hungry too. He's going to be incredible when he comes back. Can't wait!!!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:25 pm

LD,

Very much agree with you. Shaq reverting back to his old dominant form is the most important change we have to make. Making the possible additions of Payton and Malone would be great, but Shaq is the key.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:28 pm

Making the possible additions of Payton and Malone would be great...

No! Making the possible additions of Payton and Malone would be incredible.

But Shaq returning into his old dominant form will be key regardless of any free agent signing or not. But we add Payton and Malone, Shaq could play worse than last year and still probably help lead the team to a title. Just remember how he played in 2000, he will return athletic like he was then, plus more experienced, hungry, and probably bigger.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:11 am

we don't need SHAQ bigger... we need him lighter... so it will be easier on his knees and quicker on the defensive end.
If you meant more muscle... he also does not need anymore... because he will just lose his flexibility. He just needs to lose the excess pounds and work on his endurance and he will be his old dominant self.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:46 am

We need Shaq to be more in shape... whether he's lighter or heavier it doesnt really matter... But if he's lighter he'd be more mobile, and if he's heavier with more muscles, then he's power it in tha hole!! But to me, I think that he should lose the weight and tone the muscle.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:42 am

If Shaq has already lost 25 pounds and it's only a month after the Lakers wrapped up their season, then come time for the season to start, expect to see him in the best shape that he has been in at least since the lakers first championship, if not better, he will easily be down to 320 by then. I was hoping he was going to do this and not do nothing this off-season and he actually is working out and losing weight, this only shows how much he wants a ring again. Look at our roster next season-

Shaq-in shape again and ready to dominate, around 315-325.
Malone-is working out and supposedly in the best shape that he has ever been in.
George-will probably improve this off-season, especially since he's going to start on a team with these 4, he will want to be better.
Kobe-gets better every summer, we saw what he did last off-season well expect him to do even more this off-season, he has a tremendous work ethic and knows what he needs to work on.
Payton-will come in being in the same shape he's always been in and help us out on defense against the pg's that have made money because they had a good series against us (Hudson, Bibby, Parker), well that won't happen any more.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:08 am

When I say bigger, I mean CUT and lean, not big and chunky...

He will be a lean, mean, dominant machine. :mad1:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:42 am

You guys know what kind of Shaq I want.....

....Look back at the 1999-2000 version of Shaq and I'm satisfied.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:56 pm

Yes, while he is getting in shape, don't foret to add more experience + talent. He might just surprise us all...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SWOL on Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:55 pm

Hopefully he will rediscover his Defense, and patrol the lane once again, even at 400lbs he could still score....it was his defense and rebounding that was missed
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:57 pm

You're right swol. He can still easily get his points, but the defensive side and the rebounding will separate him from just being normal Shaq to MVP Shaq.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:56 pm

I believe Shaq was a Gift & a Curse (a la Jigga) to his own self due to his out of body play in 2000 when he last got MVP. If it wasn't for that 1 lil [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] shaq would have got the first unanimous MVP ever and that just shows you how freakin good he was that year. Now every year after that, I believe he was MVP, but it was because of 2000 that people say he didn't sum up his performance to that year. Duncan, all he does is rebound, he is really not an intimidator like Ben Wallace or like Shaq of 2000 on the defensive side. I feel Shaq plays good defense because on most nights he will shut down the opposing center. And I know you guys will argue that there is no real center in this league...well thats because Shaq impedes their development and our outlook on the League's centers. Just think about it, no Shaq in the League, we would consider so many so-so centers to be very respectable centers, but you throw Shaq in there and he literally shuts them down. Next year will be very exciting, cause his rebounds (both offensively and defensively) will definitely go up and those shots will be boom shaq-a-laq'd out of the air with malone musclin and Shaq comin from the weak side to knock it into the crowd. Gary and Kobe will aggrevate the opposing guards perimeter game forcing them to go to the hole where they think they will posterize Shaq, but the truth is that they will be Shaqified. One more thing about Shaq is that he will actually look to start the break cause he knows Malone is an excellent streaker and GP along with Kobe can definitely finish the fast break successfully. Last year, Shaq did not want to start the break after a defensive rebound because of course he was out of shape, but he also didnt trust his teammates enough were he thought they could finish the break (Fisher is an excellent example of how not to run and blow a fast break). Thats why he slowed it down so that he could involve himself in the offense. That definitely won't be the case next year...Look out for the first Co-MVP award to Shaq and Kobe or possibly a four-way salute... Make no doubt about it, the M to the Vizz P has always been in LA. Now we are just going to have to make everybody forget about 2000 and start thinkin about 2004
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion