Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton all in the same Laker line up

Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton all in the same Laker line up

Postby OG on Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:51 am

PF: Karl Malone 18 ppg/ 8 rpg/ 4 apg
SF: Devan George 6 ppg/ 5 rpg/ 3 apg
C : Shaq O'Neil 31 ppg/ 15 rpg/ 6 apg
PG: Gary Payton 14 ppg/ 3 rpg/ 8 apg
SG: Kobe Bryant 25 ppg/ 7 rpg/ 7 apg

Who needs a damn bench when you got an All Star line up like that? They could produce 95 points per game just on the starting line up by themselves. Add in a few bench points and your looking at leading the entire NBA in points per game for a team. Plus the excellent defence we would get out of this squad, tight defence in the back court and the kind of box out defence you would get in the front court with Malone and Shaq sitting on the block, who would ever come into the lane? That cancles out San Antonio's hope to repeat as they rely on getting shots up in the lane. Not to mention Gary Payton canceling out Jason Kidd if he were to go to San Antonio so how the hell would they ever be effective against us? All we would have to do is give the ball to Kobe and let him go to work. Not to mention Shaq's revenge he will be seeking next year. That would leave only 2 teams in the entire NBA would could actualy take us to a series in the playoffs and thats assuming one of them gets bigger, yes that would be Dallas. If they dont, we are just looking at Sacramento who would possibly win a few games against us, mabie 2, but thats being nice only cuz i respect them. Shaq is set to have a monsterous MVP season next year and Kobe will be set to play the more all around game like i listed above in the predicted stats if we do end up getting Malone and payton. All in all, this spells atleast a repeat, mabie another 3 peat if we keep updated and healthy. then we could try for 4 once more!!!!!
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:54 am

We'll know July 16th... That's when teams can sign FA's... I can't wait... We can get both GP and Malone, cuz Malone's only concern is a ring... We'll have the league on lock next season... In a way it's all gonna pay off cuz we lost last season... The team is more hungrier than ever before, and that's gonna lead us to the promise land. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:03 pm

OG and L-GYrl,

Looking at that lineup, it looks like a nice dream is almost a reality starting July 16.

Defensively, I can see this:

Kobe Bryant: First Team Defense.
Gary Payton: First or Second Team Defense.
Devean George: Honorable Mention someday.
Karl Malone: Honorable Mention.
Shaquile O'neal: Second Team Defense.

What a team defense!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:55 pm

If Karl and Gary go to our squad, we would have the "Justice League" on our squad. I think our line up would be scary for the other teams.

Payton 12 ppg 7asst
Kobe 27 ppg 5rpg 6asst
D George 8ppg 5rpg
Karl- 12ppg 7rpg 3apg
Shaq 26 ppg 10rpg
Rush 4.1 ppg
Walton 3.1ppg 2apg
Cook 4.2ppg 3rpg
Fox-IR
Medvedenko 2.1ppg
Fisher-6ppg

Lakers with just these players score about 104 ppg. plus
the other players we pickup.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:56 pm

Karl Malone is not a defensive pressence whatsoever!
He will not block any shots.
He does however does what HORRY was so good at and that is poke the ball away. He also tries to strip the ball away right as the opposition begins his shot. Malone is a big body and can clog up lanes but he won't block any shots. Anyways,.. that will be SHAQ's job since he will be in shape.. I hope.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby OG on Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:09 pm

Kobe averaged 30 ppg/ 7 rpg/ 6 apg last season, if he was to bring his scoring average down by 5 points, to play the more all around game for malone and payton to fit in, he would average like 25 ppg/ 8 rpg/ 7 apg. that is all around MVP type game.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Re: Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton all in the same Laker lin

Postby shaqass on Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:25 am

OG wrote:Who needs a damn bench when you got an All Star line up like that? They could produce 95 points per game just on the starting line up by themselves.

Yeah this line up would be really nice. But a damn bench is still needed if/when GP or Malone (who are not young anymore) or anyone else ( :man6: like last season) get injured. Moreover it would be nice to keep GP and Malone a bit on the bench during the regular season. We need them in playoff.

Damn, I am talking like if they were already in purple and gold :man13: lets dream!!!
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby 4Rings on Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:26 am

I agree. The Lakers should try and go for Piatkowski or Antonio Daniels or somebody like that. I hope Mitch pulls this off.
4Rings

Postby shaqass on Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:20 am

If we can get Piatkowski in addition of GP and KM then I will vote Mitch for president! :man4:
shaqass

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:17 am

I've been lurking around the CL message board and wanted to call y'all's attention to the conversation at the Kings' message boards. By and large it's like the sky is falling over there! A sample thread:

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthr ... genumber=2

And a sample post, from a CarmichaelDave:

If these rumors prove true, and the Lakers get Payton and Malone...I will officially write off the new season. :man10:

With Shaq working out and Kobe being Kobe, the addition of rookies Brian Cook and Luke Walton, and whatever else....

I'll say this....Payton, Bryant, Malone, and Shaq could probably win an NBA title playing 4 on 5 with no bench for the entire year.

OK, that may be overboard, but damn. That doesn't take into account the fact that the Spurs will more than likely add Jermaine O'neal.

This would mean that the Kings would be in a dogfight for 3rd best in the WC with Dallas. Ouch. Time to lower expectations. Hope to sneak into the WCF and get lucky. Skill alone won't do it with the Laker and Spur rosters.

I'm telling you, other fans are worried about this deal going down.
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby shaqass on Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:43 am

I want to believe!!!!!! :jam2:
shaqass

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:24 am

I will describe what this means in one word "UNSTOPPABLE!" :man12:
Lakerfantilidie

Postby lakers frizzo on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:31 am

think of this: last year we didnt have a bench to speak of and in a month after the playoffs end were looking at making our starters(minus kobe and shaq) from 2002-03 into our bench of 2003-04 were set yall if this goes through for us to win championships even after malone and payton are gone if cook does a little bulking up and becomes the fully rounded player he can be and walton just shows up and doesnt get hurt and we mabye have forgotten how much potential he has to be a pippen type player that would have been top ten if overseas drafting wasnt so prominent this year and he didnt get hurt his senior season feels good to be a laker fan and to think the press always said sa was the team to be most improved this offseason hahahaahahahaahahah
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:31 pm

With that Queen thread, it just proves the mentality up their in cowtown: The only way you could beat the Lakers is [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Block us. Those Queens are such pLAya hataz. Just cuz the Maloofs have a bigger hand for spending then Dr. Buss is what made them competitive in the first place. They keep takin players that wanna come to us. But really they are [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] next especially if Webbers trial goes to hell. By the way does anybody know the details on Webber's case? What is the worst that could happen to Webber and the Queens and what scenario is most likely to happen with his trial? Does anybody know?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion