Shaq's pretty Teeed!!!

Shaq's pretty Teeed!!!

Postby LaKrushGruv on Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:27 am

Just thought yall should know what's on Shaq's mind...

Jackson and Kupchak have asked O'Neal - slowed by injuries, surgeries and increased weight - to return in better shape this fall. O'Neal, though reluctant to discuss it, plans to comply and will soon hire a personal trainer.

But he's irritated by criticism from the front office, and insists the team's most glaring need is more talent.

"That's my challenge to them," O'Neal said. "They (bleeping) challenge me, I'm challenging them: Get me some (bleeping) players.

"I don't need to do nothing on my end. Because I've proven what I can do. And then if they don't like it, then they just do what the (heck) they've got to do."

full story:http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208%7E12598%7E1441413,00.html
LaKrushGruv

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:55 am

Both (management and Shaq) have to do their parts for the Lakers to win the title next year. Management have to get the players that can contribute and Shaq has to be motivated to stay fit and be hungry to suceed. If Shaq only has the attitude of Kobe, then he can be the best player who ever lived. But at times this year, he becomes a fat slob that has a part in costing us a title. He did got dominated by Duncan in the the last series we played. So, Shaq better get his butt in the threadmill and start working out. I want the Shaq of 2000, the NBA MVP. Not that fat slob, that I saw this past season.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:48 pm

I agree with him though, he at least did an adequate job, the management failed to bring in ONE player to make a difference...
Snakell Beast

Postby shaqass on Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:41 am

We all know that the bench and the team are thin beside Kobe and Shaq.

But Oneal saying that...it's stupid. First it's disrespect for the other Lakers, then it add pressure to everyone and finaly it give me the feeling that Shaq will never acknoledge that he was a reason of the failure. I thought a great champion like Shaq would be great enough to take his responsability. Imagine Kobe saying that.....no way
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:53 pm

Shaq's fat [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] should take some of the blame. He is suppose to be the MDE. He always state that he is the most dominant, but its pretty funny that Duncan dominated that last series. Suck it up and admit that your lazy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] cost us the 4th title. Work out and lose some weight , shaq!!!
Get some determination and desire like Kobe!! All you do is talk!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby guest man on Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:00 pm

shaq is 80% correct... he wasn't that bad, the team sucks other than kobe... :man1:
guest man

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:09 pm

I think Shaq's only mistake was the attitude that he represented with his comments. He needs to realize that if he insists on everyone calling him the MDE and always tells Phil to get him the ball, that he will also be held responsible (by Phil, Mitch, Jerry, the Media and the Fans) for the team's failures and successes. It is a two way street...he can't have his cake and eat it too...that's why he never has cake in his house, he eats it all right away...so once again all of Shaq's problems are because of his mouth...
Snakell Beast

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:52 pm

Shaq is just getting fatter and everyone else in the league is getting better!!!!! Shaq just needs to get back into shape and with Kobe play like Kobe!! Then they wouldnt anyone else!!! When Shaq is down to his real playing size, like 310 - 320lbs. He will be able to block more shots and get more rebounds and be the MDE again!!!!!! The Lakers were unstoppable during the 2001 playoff run!!! If they get back into that shape (Shaq) then fit them for another ring and forget about the free agents!!!
zetaw00d

Postby mazter_roshi on Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:40 pm

""Shaq's fat [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] should take some of the blame. He is suppose to be the MDE. He always state that he is the most dominant, but its pretty funny that Duncan dominated that last series. Suck it up and admit that your lazy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] cost us the 4th title. Work out and lose some weight , shaq!!!
Get some determination and desire like Kobe!! All you do is talk!!!!""

Are you f'ing kidding me? Duncan aint crap!!! They call him a flawless player? He can't shoot free throws, he gets away with offensive fouls!! Shaq has four guys jumping on his back and still finds ways to stuff the ball. Duncan gets tapped and a foul is called. Shaq backs in for less than three seconds and a offensive foul is called for some jackass who takes a flop, and we have Duncan throwing his left elbow at a player before he dunks it, its bull. Duncan is very over-rated, and people say San Antonio was better? You know what was better for them? You know what saved them? The ref who couldn't see a damn thing. Duncan isn't called for offensive fouls and Bowen gets away with hacking Kobe, thats whats funny to me!!! Shaq is talk??? He's been steady with ppg his whole career, he draw's double, triple, hell even at times quadruple'd him so he can get it open. He didn't cost us the fourth title, the ref's did. You can reply with whatever you want and I dont' give a damn :disagree: The ref's in San Antonio screwed us, I can remember Game 1 where Duncan himself shot more free throw's than the whole Laker team, so dont' give crap about Duncan being dominant and Shaq not doing anything!!!
Shaq is big so he's not a shooter he dunks or hooks with few attempts, Kobe has to work and train cuz he has to take perimeter shots and keep his defense going too.
mazter_roshi

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:01 pm

THATS OLD COMMENTARY FROM LIKE DECEMBER WHEN THEY WERE LIKE 10-14
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby LaKrushGruv on Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:26 pm

There's a link on the post....check it...dated in june...
LaKrushGruv

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:04 pm

my bad ...... it sounded similar to the tirad he had im december .... He talked about the Spurs? Duncan outplayed him, he has no room to be critical
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Return to Lakers Discussion